• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What’s the most messed up thing you’ve done in a video game?

Willven

Smash Rookie
There was a PC game, years ago. It was before SIMS. The point was to colonize a planet (it might have been Earth). You started with two cells and worked your way up to industrialized civilization. I built up a nice little world, happy people, thriving crops… but I had an endgame in mind. I started intentionally making bad calls. By the time I was done, there was no evidence of life anywhere. I even killed the bacteria in the soil. I destroyed everything. I was a ruthless god!
It was awesome. And strangely satisfying.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
I don't really do horrendous acts in videogames all that often, but sometimes I save the game before murdering all of the NPCs involved in an irritating sidequest. Makes me feel better about what they had to put me through.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I bury pitfalls in Animal Crossing and push my animal neighbors into them. Then I bash them over and over with my net. The horror.

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
Large-scale: Plague Inc.
Small-scale: A long time ago, I remember tormenting the villagers of Animal Crossing: City Folk with the net a couple of times.

I don't go out of my way to be mean to NPCs, and I usually try to take non-lethal approaches to situations if possible. However, if an NPC starts being a colossal ****heel, they're getting sent straight into the Earth's Core (also known as Satan's Cardboard Box of Dumb ***holes).

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
Destroyed all the houses in the city in the Transformers video game.

Heck, I liked that game because you can destroy everything.

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
I mean, I guess the Genocide run in Undertale... though I still can't beat Sans. I discovered that your attacks do the most damage if you meet the requirements to spare a monster and then you attack it. I don't know if I even want to finish the game, I do mean things in games all the time but this is the only game that makes me feel bad for it.

Also, in Metal Gear Solid 3, I was doing a "Genocide Run" of that game ( not that I was basing this off of Undertale mind you, because this was long before that game came out ) and seeking out everyone I could to kill them. I ended up trying to find interesting ways to kill or mess with the enemies. I'd throw poison animals at them while holding them up, so they couldn't move, and the poison slowly took them. I'd hold them up, beat them up several times, make them think they were safe, then kill them. Shoot their limbs one at a time. Put them to sleep and then throw them into water so they'd drown in their sleep.

But the most messed up MGS3 kill was in the rocky mountain area, I'd kill a dude, let the buzzards eat him, kill those buzzards, throw the meat out so that someone else would come along and eat it, kill him, rinse and repeat until the last guy, who by association had eaten the flesh of many of his comrades. Then I just drag him off a cliff.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
But the most messed up MGS3 kill was in the rocky mountain area, I'd kill a dude, let the buzzards eat him, kill those buzzards, throw the meat out so that someone else would come along and eat it, kill him, rinse and repeat until the last guy, who by association had eaten the flesh of many of his comrades. Then I just drag him off a cliff.
57D766EC-A94D-44DC-BA52-101891FB31BF.jpeg

That’s...unpleasant. To say the least.

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
I promise you i'm a very empathetic and kind hearted individual in real life :)

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Killing hookers, anal probing livestock, building roller coaters that guarantee the deaths of hundreds of people...y'know fun stuff like that...

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Hmm that's a tough one.

In Sim City 2000 I built up a city then turned on all the hazards at once to see how quickly it'd be destroyed. "Took a bit of time."

Then in Resident Evil 2 I found a large gathering of undead near the blazing bus and shot out all their knees so they'd have to crawl around and led them into the fire. That was painstakingly difficult to achieve without either killing them too quickly or dying myself.

In Metal Gear Solid 2, I repeatedly tranqed Emma during her mission around L-strut so she'd get killed at different points. Good times.

Also in this game I'd tranq a guard, place c4 on them, then detonate it as they regained consciousness.

Same game during the scene when a guard urinated over the side of the strut if place Raiden just so, cause who doesn't like a good shower. Of pee.

Ummmmmm what else...

Not really messed up but a clever strategy I used to shoot the body armor in Goldeneye do others couldn't use it unless they fully destroyed it then had to wait for it regenerate which gave me plenty of time to sneak up on them.

I'll remember more later I'm sure

Top Bottom