• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What’s the best original 12 character?

Who would you hate to see get cut?

• Mario

• Donkey Kong

• Link

• Samus

• Yoshi

• Kirby

• Fox

• Pikachu

• Luigi

• Captain Falcon

• Ness

• Jigglypuff

Results are only viewable after voting.

PF9

Smash Lord
Pikachu. My main for the entire series and my favorite Pokemon. He's so cute.

MarineIris

Smash Cadet
Yoshi was the character who made me a Nintendo fan. Super Mario World was the first Mario platformer I enjoyed because Yoshi made it so fun and I've logged a ridiculous amount of time into Yoshi's Story and Yoshi's Island DS. Also, hitting that Dair is the best feeling in Smash. I'd hate to see him go.

AncientArk

Smash Apprentice
Yoshi was the character who made me a Nintendo fan. Super Mario World was the first Mario platformer I enjoyed because Yoshi made it so fun and I've logged a ridiculous amount of time into Yoshi's Story and Yoshi's Island DS. Also, hitting that Dair is the best feeling in Smash. I'd hate to see him go.
Is Dair the paddle kick?
That is the best attack!
Its always satisfying to hit with!

FamicomDisk

Smash Journeyman
Ness! The protagonist of one of my favorite games, and the character I've played in every Smash.

TegamiBachi25

Smash Rookie
TOYAHHH!
CAHM AWN!
MISHUN COMPREE!
BLIP BLIP BLIP BLIP.....
WAHHHHHH.....

Yes. I voted for fax.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
Jigglypuff is my favorite character both as a character and as who I like to play as.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
If we're talking competitively? I feel like Pikachu and Mario are the tops just from what we've seen. Pikachu can chain Fairs to carry people off stage and now has a drag down Nair and a spiking Dair. Not to mention Pika still has an amazing recovery.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
If we're talking competitively? I feel like Pikachu and Mario are the tops just from what we've seen. Pikachu can chain Fairs to carry people off stage and now has a drag down Nair and a spiking Dair. Not to mention Pika still has an amazing recovery.
Pikachu and Kirby actually. Mario is mid-tier

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
Mario always, followed by Yoshi, then Falcon. Mario because my childhood was filled with his games on the GBA and Gamecube, Yoshi because his appearance in those games and also Yoshi's Island, and Falcon because... c'mon. It's Falcon.

SupreFanboi69

Smash Rookie
I don't know because i have never played OG smash but If i had to choose i would pick Samus b/c I'm great with her in brawl (with a Wiimote) and i would be much better with a Gamecube controller (honestly we can all agree everyone would).

Last edited:

Hidan

Smash Apprentice
It’s tough because I love Samus, Kirby, and Pikachu all pretty equally, but I love Kirby’s playpattern more so I’ll vote for him.

Last edited:

NSSKG151

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lucaruto151RedX
3DS FC
1092-1616-4089
Switch FC
SW-4128-7335-9024
I went with Mario because I always go with the most basic/easy to play characters in fighting games.

Top Bottom