• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Westeros Mafia - Night 6 - ENDGAME - THE NORTH REMEMBERS

BarDulL

Town Vampire
That appears to be the case.

Poor Ryu, couldn't share in our glory at the end lol. Poor a forty for the boys

Last edited:

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Maven explicitly said he targeted Ryu hoping to make our families turn on each other :laugh:

EDIT: Oh wait, I can't read. Yeah idk

Last edited:

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Ultimately my team's goal this game wasn't to deceive and manipulate people with false promises; we played it pretty straight.
Something I realized the second to last day phase is that of the then remaining houses, we had not played a role in eliminating any of their members. I started to bring it up when we were lobbying for alliances but ultimately decided against it.

Also, agreed, really enjoyed working with the other Starks. Bardull was definitely our mvp

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Something I realized the second to last day phase is that of the then remaining houses, we had not played a role in eliminating any of their members. I started to bring it up when we were lobbying for alliances but ultimately decided against it.

Also, agreed, really enjoyed working with the other Starks. Bardull was definitely our mvp
It's really funny. In the spectator chat, Wolfie is suggesting we manipulated everyone to do our bidding while keeping our hands clean, but it's not as simple or straightforward as that.

We had a freaking doctor and a house protect. Granted we only had 2 protects for the doctor, but it made for an extremely powerful bluff and subsequently we were never worth the risk to attack when we weren't going to kill anyone. I guarantee you everyone's impression of it was "the Starks have no reason not to defend themselves for a 2/3 protection" which is why they just carried out NKs instead towards other teams, knowing full well that we weren't a killing threat to their house. Also with our influence over the day lynch, why try to kill a team that has such strong defenses and isn't going against you at that point in time?

We also very carefully played out our relations in the day phase so as to not unnecessarily provoke other teams.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

We might have lost if Bar wasn’t in our team.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
2/3 protection with the potential to roleblock any remaining threats. We were definitely a defensive powerhouse.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Nah you guys were absolutely fantastic. You never made yourselves targets while providing me a lot of support. We stayed fairly decentralized throughout the game until it was obviously clear we were together as a house. Disfunk, your distancing from both myself and praline during the day phase was also great.

Like pretty much no one targeted you guys while I was acting as the lead voice of House Stark, so it was safe to just house protect me on n2/n3.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
GRANTED I was never ultimately targeted with a kill but I think that's because maybe people thought I was likely to be protected as a result of my play.

Or they just think I'm that underwhelming lel

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I think they might have forgotten I was playing half the time since I only really interacted with a couple people outside our team at night lol

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Nah, you guys just didn't make me mad enough on day one to shoot your team in the leg as I was going down.

BarDulL

Town Vampire

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Here’s what I’m confused about
Both of the stated points are host error.

1. Why did I receive no results at all night 1 for my track?
Holder did nothing on night one. You should have received the following result: "Holder did not target anyone."

2. Why did Red Ryu die
Other Red can't read his own sheet.

See, normally, I posted player names next to the House actions to avoid exactly this. For example, the House Baratheon action was listed as "(Red Ryu) Attack: Moydow."

But I apparently slipped and didn't tag your kill, leaving it as "House Kill: Red Ryu." Then when I was going back through, I didn't catch that in the double-check.

I believe I was mostly in a hurry, and partly a bit frazzled flying solo for the evening. Still on me, though. Sorry Ryu.

Maven89

Smash Master
I’m going to continue this discussion here since all of our PMs are being swamped

I didn’t really have a problem with the setup up at first, I mean there’s some heavy bull**** but far as I’m concerned it’s whatever, unbalanced setups have been done before, it’s annoying but it happens. But then I saw this quote from the Tyrell PMs

Well. You have a BP. Says attack is prevented. Did I mean attack as in house attack or any attack?

No idea XD. Couldn't find anything on poison wiki etc so I'll say yh it goes through if successful and kills them the next night.
And yeah, what the ****. This PM retroactively sucked all the enjoyment out of me. The mod has no idea how his own role worked? I feel like this game was being created while we were still playing it

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Man, I almost feel bad for Wolfie, but the boy said that I don't know how to read LOL (ok fine I confess sometimes I don't read things correctly...but come on now :( ). I think these are good criticisms and lessons overall, so he should take it positively and grow from it; we're not just saying it just to give him a hard time. That said, I have to say that he still has great ideas; I was skeptical of the Team FFA concept at the start but at the very least I feel the concept was proven to be a success. Some balancing and mechanics need to be worked out for sure but the win conditions and the day phase voting provided for a wildly different experience that is still fitting of a diplomacy game.

Anyway, for future reference, if a host wants to get their game checked to ensure it's going to be fine, I'm down. Frankly I get OCD with mafia as some of you know (I can't help it lol forum mafia is such an amazing game) and I'm trying to focus on studies for a bit anyway. Quickly double checking set ups for sensible NAR/bastardry/role balance is pretty easy for me. There are definitely other people here that can do this as well but I figured I'd put myself out there as an option since it's clear that sometimes unchecked games can lead to near-catastrophic results lol, AND I want to spectate for a bit while not having to commit my presence to the game state.

In general I 100% recommend newer/less established hosts to come forward with experimental set-ups that they aren't 100% sure of to get it checked by an experienced host/player, but again that's just my suggestion. I think most would probably agree to this. I just don't ever want to see another Night King again LOL omg...I will never forget the 24 hour night phase that occurred after the Night King reveal during D4.

Last edited:

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
will never forget the 24 hour night phase that occurred after the Night King reveal during D4.
Agreed

Also, if it makes you feel any better, I think your near illiteracy** only made you a better leader. You know how they say when you lose one sense the others get stronger? I feel like every point your character lost in literacy he gained in diplomacy and leadership :p

**The preceding is intended as a joke and should not be taken as a serious opinion. The author has the utmost faith in your ability to read

Maven89

Smash Master
Oh boy, I forgot about the **** show that was the end of this game.
Everyone all excited to see all the secret roles, and then the slow burn of “wait, what?” “WHAT?”

Maven89

Smash Master
I brought this game up recently to my roomate as an example of a terribly designed FFA mafia game. It made me nostalgic

Then I read it and remembered that the mods forgot to give me my N1 results and Red Ryu randomly died for no reason which threw suspicion on me

Top Bottom