• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Westeros Mafia - Night 6 - ENDGAME - THE NORTH REMEMBERS

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
I really want to break the PM rule to show you my favorite part of Bardull's thought process last night. They might kill me but it might be worth it??

Contemplating...

Maven89

Smash Master
Ok I actually killed Red Ryu because I figured the starks and Baratheons weren’t going to ally with each other after they rejected their proposals last night.

I figured keeping Moydow alive another day was good for me because the longer I didn’t get lynched the better chance I had to be the last other house standing

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Alright folks listen up.

I sense people getting antsy. It's understandable. We're nearing home stretch, so we're looking to cut things earlier these last few phases.

But Wolfie's gotta sleep and flavor don't write itself. We're human too. Beep boop.

Day Five will end at 12:00 GMT.

Any remaining phases will be 12 hours long instead of 24.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Gross, why?
Because the cybernetic deathbot permit is still caught up in a bunch of bureaucratic nonsense.

They keep throwing around political nonsense like "public outcry," "Geneva Conventions," "crimes against humanity," and "ten thousand hours certified flight time."

It's a real pain in the arse. Do not reccomend.

Maven89

Smash Master
so when you guys decided to lynch nabe I really wanted to win with Moydow, but I could not come up with any way to not get Moydow lynched. So my hope was either I’d win somehow, or Moydow would win. I was really hoping that both starks and baratheons would try to kill each other

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Woof.

Looks like they took a little more than fingertips this time.
Davos Seaworth
"If you're a famous smuggler, you're not doing it right."
== Onion Knight (Benign)
+ Each night phase, using your courage and your cunning wits, you can target a player and discover who, if anyone, this player has targeted.
"Why is there a 'G' in night?"
And, apparently, no one trusts the eunich.

The Spider (AKA Varys)
"Power resides where men believe it resides. It’s a trick. A shadow on the wall."

== Master of Whisperers (Benign)
+ Each night you can send a task to one of your little birds to spy on a player's alliances. Status will be given as it is at the end of this phase.
+ If the target's house has no allies, this will be stated.
- The birds can only provide information on the name of any House the target is allied with. It will not tell you what House the target belongs to, nor any players in target's allied House
- For example, if Eagle is targeted, he belongs to House White, and House White is allied with House Red, this ability will inform you that Eagle is allied with House Red.

== Gossip (Passive)
- Targaryen attempts to Defend you will never succeed, yet they can successfully Attack you.
- You cannot use House Actions, as you are too busy with your network of spies to do so.

“Why is it no one ever trusts the eunuch?”

But in the funeral pyre, the glamour falls...

Night King
You are the King of Winter and the Army of the Dead. The living are your enemies.

== Rise Up (Malicious)
+ During each night you can revive a dead player, turning them into a Wight at the night's end.
+ This revival is kept a secret from everyone.
- Does not work if target is revived by someone else at the end of this night.

== Snow Storm (Malicious)
+ One per game, you may revive a targeted dead player into a White Walker instead of a Wight, providing the army with extra abilities.
- The White Walker is revived at the end of this night.

== Greensight (Passive)
+ At the end of every phase you will be able to see how alliances have changed.
- You won't know who is in which team.

== Ice Barrier (Passive)
+ Immune to poisons.
+ The first time you would be killed, you will be protected.
+ This protection extends to lynches and malicious actions.
- Some rare abilities may pierce this protection.

== King of the Dead (Passive)
+ You do not ally with the living. You can use Malicious actions on any player, regardless of fake-alliances.
- If you are killed or lynched, the entire Army of the Dead is defeated.

...and with the demise of their King, so too fall the risen dead.

White Walker
You are a Commander in the Night King’s Army.

== Iceguard (Benign)
+ Once per phase, you may guard the Night King, protecting him from being killed.
+ You may use this in Day Phases or Night Phases, protecting him from a night kill or a day lynch.
+ Other players will be informed that the player did not die, if this prevents a lynch, and if a kill attempt is prevented no information will be given - your involvement is never revealed.
- You will be killed (again) instead, and be (again) unable to take further action.

== Icy Hunt (Malicious)
+ Once during this game, at night, you can attack a player. (exluding members of House Targaryen)
+ If the attack is successful, they will automatically be raised as a Wight into the Night King's army.
- If it is unsuccessful, the ability does not regain its use.

== The Army of the Dead (Passive)
+ You are here for the numbers.
+ Can talk in this PM or the Temp Graveyard.
- You cannot talk anywhere else.
- Cannot reveal any roles from previous life's Role PM, or any contents of this PM in the Temp Graveyard.
Wight
You are a reanimated corpse, raised from the dead by the White Walkers.​

== The Army of the Dead (Passive)
+ You are here for the numbers.
+ Can talk in this PM or the Temp Graveyard.
- You cannot talk anywhere else.
- Cannot reveal any roles from previous life's Role PM, or any contents of this PM in the Temp Graveyard.

- You are essentially a ghost player turned Wight, with your winning conditions changed permanently.
THE WHITE WALKERS HAVE BEEN DEFEATED

It is now Day 5 - You have until 00:00 GMT

Dang I am popular with eating a bullet.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Day 5 - The Winds of Winter

The remaining great powers have sentenced a honorable man to death for treason against the peace of the realm...
Maven89 Maven89
Jorah Mormont
"No one can survive in this world without help. No one."
== Here I Stand (Benign)
+Every night, you can target a player and discover who, if anyone, this player has targeted.

== Valar Dohaeris (Passive)
+ As one of the most potent knights in combat, when someone attempts to take your life you will successfully defend yourself and survive.
- You only have the strength to do this once.
- This does not include lynches.
[/SPOILER]

It is now Night 6 - you have 12 more hours to submit your actions. Depending on the wincons & my availability it may end sooner.

Night 6 - Truth

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
NIGHT 6 (Endgame) - THE NORTH REMEMBERS
Well, the realm has decided peace over conquest, so lets begin by looking at all the casulaties in the struggle for surviving and power;
HOUSE LANNISTER

==Lonekonwolf
Jaime Lannister
"You all despise me. Oathbreaker. Kingslayer. A man without honor"

==Oathkeeper (Benign)
+ Once during this game, you may target a player and attempt to redirect all their night actions to a player of your choice.

"So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the king. Obey the king. Obey your father. Protect the innocent. Defend the weak. What if your father despises the king? What If the king massacres the innocent?"
==HBC Nabe
Cersei Lannister
"Everyone who isn't us, is an enemy"

== Power is Power (Benign)
+Each night phase, you can target a player and discover who, if any, have targeted this player.

== I Choose Violence (Malicious)
+ Once during this game, you can prepare this skill during the night phase. If you are killed during said phase, you may attempt to take down any killers with you in whatever way you are in the mood for.
- You will still die along with your attackers.

== Z25
Tyrion Lannister
"Everytime we deal with an enemy, we create two more"

== I Drink and I Know Things (Benign)
+ Every night you can check a player to learn one of their powers.
+ Checking the same player again may reveal additional powers if they exist.
- Ability names and ability type (i.e. Benign, Malicious, Passive) are not revealed.

HOUSE BARATHEON

==Red Ryu
Stannis Baratheon
"The Iron Throne is mine by right. All those that deny that are my foes."
== Shadow (Malicious)
+ Once during the game, at night, you can attempt to create a Shadow to kill a player.
+ The Shadow cannot be blocked by any means and passes through protection.
- Shadow arrives to target and performs the kill at the end of the night phase after this is used. For example, if used on Night One, your target will die on Night Two.

== Red Ryu (GoldenBot)
Davos Seaworth
"If you're a famous smuggler, you're not doing it right."
== Onion Knight (Benign)
+ Each night phase, using your courage and your cunning wits, you can target a player and discover who, if anyone, this player has targeted.
"Why is there a 'G' in night?"

House Targaryen
==Shishoe
Daenerys Targaryen
"I am Daenerys Stormborn of the House Targaryen, the First of Her Name, The Unburnt, Queen of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Queen of Meereen, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Realm, Lady Regnant of the Seven Kingdoms, Breaker of Chains and Mother of Dragons."

== Mother of Dragons (Benign)
+Each night phase, you can target a player and discover who, if any, have targeted this player.

== Valar Morghulis (Malicious)
+ Twice during this game, at night, you may target a player to remove any protections they have been given.
- Cannot target this player with House Targaryen's House Actions during the same phase.

== The Dragon Has 3 Heads (Passive)
+ Allows House Targaryen to have 3 allies.
+ This passive skill remains active after your death thanks to your bloodline.
- This does not affect the winning conditions.

"Lannister, Baratheon, Stark, Tyrell, they’re all just spokes on a wheel. This one’s on top and that one’s on top and on and on it spins, crushing those on the ground. I'm not going to stop the wheel. I’m going to break the wheel.”
==Maven
Jorah Mormont
"No one can survive in this world without help. No one."
== Here I Stand (Benign)
+Every night, you can target a player and discover who, if anyone, this player has targeted.

== Valar Dohaeris (Passive)
+ As one of the most potent knights in combat, when someone attempts to take your life you will successfully defend yourself and survive.
- You only have the strength to do this once.

House Tyrell
==Holder
Olenna Tyrell
"I eat from plates stamped with roses, I sleep in sheets embroidered with roses, I have a golden rose painted on my chamber pot...as if that makes it smell any better."
== Golden Rose (Malicious)
+ Once per game, you can attempt to poison a player during the night.
+ It will be impossible for anyone to find out it was you, even upon death - unless you decide to tell them.
- Target player will die at end of the next night if they recieve the poison.
- You will not be aware of it's success or failure until it happens.

== Queen of Thorns (Passive)
+ As the master of words, the first attack on you will be prevented.

=Holder/Natz
Margaery Tyrell
"Women in our position must make the best of our circumstances."
== Seduction (Benign)
+Once per night, you may sleep with a player.
+This blocks all their actions that night, and protects them from all actions taken on them (besides this one).

==Two Steps Ahead (Benign)
+ Once during this game, you can evade all Malicious actions taken on members of House Tyrell for one night.
- However, House Tyrell is unable to perform any Malicious actions during this night.
"I want to be The Queen."
House Martell
==Fireemblemnier
Oberyn Martell
"When it comes to war, I fight for Dorne. When it comes to love... I don't choose sides."

== Red Viper (Benign)
+ Every night, you can target two players to swap their fates at the end of the night.
+ Any night actions performed on one of the switched players will instead affect the other, and vice versa.

== Marriage (Benign)
+ Once during the game, when you send a Request Alliance Diplomatic Action, you may request a marriage proposal to another player to marry off one of your daughters.
+ This means House Martell and the target faction cannot betray each other during the next three phases, if the diplomatic action is accepted.
+ This changes the nature of the Diplomatic Action. Once the raven is sent, this ability can no longer be blocked by actions that target you personally, and if accepted will take effect even if you have died.

==Pokechu
Ellaria Sand
"It is not survival I offer. It is your heart's desire."
== Quicksand (Malicious)
+ During each night, you may prepare this skill to absorb any abilities you have been targeted with - rendering them ineffective - and gain these abilities for your own use with Revenge.
- You may only hold one power at a time.
- This does not absorb any House Actions or Passive skills.

== Revenge (Malicious)
+During the night, you can pick one absorbed Benign or Malicious action and target a player with it.
- You may only use an absorbed power once before it is expended.

House Baelish
==Vaanrose
Littlefinger (AKA Petyr Baelish)
“Always keep your foes confused. If they are never certain who you are or what you want, they cannot know what you are like to do next. Sometimes the best way to baffle them is to make moves that have no purpose, or even seem to work against you."
== Loyalty (Malicious)
+Every night, you may attempt to block another player from performing their own action, if any.

== My Rules (Benign)
+ Once during the game you can intercept a player's raven, allowing you to redirect a diplomatic action (Request Alliance or Betray) to another player.
+ The redirected diplomatic action will still be sent from the original source, but will be altered to affect the new intended target.
+ This ability may be used during either the Day or the Night phase.
+ If the targeted player does not send a raven, this ability is replenished and may be used again.
- The use of this skill is not treated as a diplomatic action and may be affected accordingly.

== Chaos is a Ladder (Malicious)
+ Once during the game in any phase, can target two players to force their houses to betray each other.
+ Each team receives a raven saying their ally has betrayed them at the end of the current phase.
+ If both players are not allied at the end of this phase, this skill fails, but is not used up.
- The use of this skill is not treated as a diplomatic action and may be affected accordingly.

== The Game of Thrones (Passive)
+ You are never truly allied with anyone, meaning you can use malicious actions on your so-called allies.

== Master of Coin (Passive)
+Your political influence means your votes are worth double the power.

== Fight Every Battle, Everywhere (Passive)
+ The first two times you would be killed, you are protected.
+ Even actions which normally pierce protection will not pierce yours.

"What we don't know is what usually gets us killed."

THE WHITE WALKERS
==Moydow
Night King
You are the King of Winter and the Army of the Dead. The living are your enemies.
== Rise Up (Malicious)
+ During each night you can revive a dead player, turning them into a Wight at the night's end.
+ This revival is kept a secret from everyone.
- Does not work if target is revived by someone else at the end of this night.

== Snow Storm (Malicious)
+ One per game, you may revive a targeted dead player into a White Walker instead of a Wight, providing the army with extra abilities.
- The White Walker is revived at the end of this night.

== Greensight (Passive)
+ At the end of every phase you will be able to see how alliances have changed.
- You won't know who is in which team.

== Ice Barrier (Passive)
+ Immune to poisons.
+ The first time you would be killed, you will be protected.
- Some rare abilities may pierce this protection.

== King of the Dead (Passive)
+ You do not ally with the living. You can use Malicious actions on any player, regardless of fake-alliances.
- If you are killed or lynched, the entire Army of the Dead is defeated.

House Stark had surprisngly survived with all members reaching the end. This is the wrong dimension, isn't it? Kingslanding now has 2 Great Houses in control, ruled by :

Robb Stark
"You think I'm fighting this war so they'll sing songs about me?"
== Young Wolf (Benign)
+ Twice per game, you may attempt to protect one player from being killed.
+ This may be used in addition to the House action Defend, allowing two protections on the nights Young Wolf is used.
- You may not target yourself with this action.
Arya Stark
"Not everyone who spoke you friendly was really your friend"

== A Role has No Name (Malicious)
+ Once during the game, when you take the Attack House Action, you may hide the body and role of your victim to everyone but House Stark.
- If the kill is unsuccessful, this ability is expended and may not be used again.

== Water Dancer (Passive)
+ While using the Attack House Action, using water dancing techniques, you are able to evade those who would stop you.
+ If you successfully kill another player, you will begin a kill streak. It will continue for each night you perform a successful kill.
+ While a kill streak is active, when you use the Attack House Action, it is immune to roleblocks.
- The target itself can still be protected.
- If you are unsuccessful in a killing action, or voluntarily end the streak by choosing not to kill, this skill is lost to you for the remainder of the game.

Jon Snow
"I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the wall."
== Longclaw (Malicious)
+ Each night phase, with your sword and your surprisingly honourable words, you may attempt to block another player from performing their own action, if any.

Melisandre
"The night is dark and full of terrors, but the fire burns them all away."
== Lords Light (Benign)
+ Each night you may peer into the flames to see a player's alliances. Status will be given as it is at the end of this phase.
+ If the target's house has no allies, this will be stated.
- The flames only tell you the name of any House the target is allied with. It will not tell you what House the target belongs to, nor any players in the target's allied House.
- For example, if Eagle is targeted, he belongs to House White, and House White is allied with House Red, this ability will inform you that Eagle is allied with House Red.

== Leeches (Benign)
+ Once during this game, at night, you may attempt to revive a player.
- This player will always be part of their original faction; you do not gain members by reviving players not in House Baratheon.

== Shadow (Passive)
- In order for Stannis' Shadow power to work, you must be alive at the start of the required night phase to give birth to the Shadow assassin. For example, if used on Night One, the ability fails if you die before Night Two.
+ You do not have to be alive at the end of the phase for the ability to work, only the beginning.

Winners: HOUSE STARK & HOUSE BARATHEON
House Stark
BarDulL BarDulL
Disfunkshunal Disfunkshunal
praline praline

& House Baratheon
Coricus Coricus
#HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu (x2)

THANKS FOR PLAYING!!!

Last edited:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Jesus we did it lol.

Surprised we pulled at off given I thought people wanted us dead after day 1.

My thanks to Coricus for playing it out with me and my thanks to all of House Stark for doing a joint win.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I believe I've added all players to the Crypts, which was...well, supposed to be the main graveyard.

Because we went to game's end without a revive, the temp yard was used for the whole game's length, and honestly holds far more valuable info in my opinion. I'll be inviting people there too momentarily.

If I leave anyone out, let me know.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
i thought it was uni who couldn't read things and me the one who couldn't remember things :V

or does the line blur? i don't know :V

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
i thought it was uni who couldn't read things and me the one who couldn't remember things :V

or does the line blur? i don't know :V
Well they say when a couple is together long enough they start to act like each other. :p

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
.....but we were acting like eachother since the first day we met :V
Maybe some time in the future you both get pulled back in time in some weird time loop. So you’re trapped together in some bizarre time loop for eternity.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
Maybe some time in the future you both get pulled back in time in some weird time loop. So you’re trapped together in some bizarre time loop for eternity.

my head hurts reading that trying to understand

BarDulL

Town Vampire
My approach to the game:

N1 - I pretty much didn't do anything

D1 - Awkward situation where pretty much everyone was standing in a circle wondering how to proceed. Coricus dropped what most perceived to be a slip and so she made for an easy target to press against being an essentially claimed 4 man team. This was a random mistake though and unfortunately Ryu got outed as her housemate as a result. I felt they were not as much of a threat going forward since they were in a very weakened position (their house would have to dedicate house protects to Coricus moving forward pretty much every night), so when people started taking aim at Vaanrose, I felt it was a good idea to try and get rid of him instead while his "cards were face down" as he put it. I also figured that Ryu/Coricus would feel a tad better towards me for having stopped pushing against them if I went for Vaan; it would effectively distance myself from that predicament while weakening another team.

N2 - Was on very good terms with Nabe and Ryu. I had promised them both that my house wouldn't quarrel with either of theirs until the game had gotten to a point where it was clear which houses would have to go, and I intended to keep that promise. Anyway, Nabe did a ton of work and worked out a strategy to guarantee a kill on Vaanrose. The plan was to try and squash FE/Pokechu's house while Ryu used a strongman on Vaanrose. Meanwhile, Vaanrose had decided he would take aim at House Targaryen by killing Shish according to FE; I discovered this information through Nabe. FE told Nabe he would be bus driving Vaan and Moydow, so praline roleblocked FE to prevent this busdriver mechanic. I used one of my protects on Coricus to hold up my end of the bargain even though it was not optimal for me to do so (my doctor ability is limited to two protects).

HOWEVER, what none of us realized until Maven flipped was that FE's busdriver ability had higher priority than praline's roleblock. So basically, praline's roleblock accomplished nothing and FE's busdriver ability activated regardless. This caused a lot of confusion and discourse between myself/Nabe/Maven, the latter two of which thought I had lied while I was bat**** confused as to why it didn't work. Of course, hindsight is 20/20.

IMO I think there should be two parts to NAR involving roleblock: the first part would be the roleblock having priority ONLY if it initially targets the busdriver, and then the second would be the roleblock if it initially targets someone other than the busdriver.

NAR would be (highest priority in descending order):
1. Roleblock initially on Busdriver
2. Busdriver
3. Roleblock not initially on Busdriver

That's just my opinion though but I think it makes more sense to do it this way. This way the roleblocker doesn't get shafted when roleblocking the bus driver, meanwhile the bus driver will still redirect roleblocks so long as he isn't targeted initially. I think it's fair to allow the roleblock to fizz out if the roleblock is not initially on the busdriver. Just my opinion.

D2 - Pokechu turned up dead alongside Shish. For some reason, FE hadn't died, but as it turned out, Vaanrose had roleblocked Lonekonwolf who was initially going to kill FE. Eventually, votes between Lonekonwolf and FireEmblemnier started piling up; FireEmblemnier was an easy target because his teammate was dead. Also, an ally of Vaanrose couldn't be kept alive especially if there was a chance that he could redirect Ryu's strongman ability (and plus I had helped push Vaanrose's day 1 lynch, so there was a very high chance I would end up tussling with Vaan in the future if he survived). Unfortunately for Nabe, Lonekonwolf was MIA (at the hospital I believe) and couldn't defend himself, was subsequently an easy target, and ended up getting double lynched alongside FE. Really unfortunate for House Lannister.

N3 - I forget exactly what happened. I remember telling pretty much every house that we were going to defend ourselves (I did not use my protect and just incessantly bluffed with it). At this point, Nabe had figured out every single house combination through his diplomacy. This is one of the very major reasons why I wanted to continue assisting Nabe until the very end. I think Praline roleblocked Vaan just to ensure he couldn't do anything to escape death. One of praline/disfunk protected me on N3 as well; being a claimed doctor to Nabe at that point, and since Nabe had a way of letting out pertinent information to other houses probably to gain their favor (read: Ryu's), I had to stay on guard.

D3 - Vaanrose had finally died, and somehow Z25 got sniped (perhaps from the Night King? Still not sure). Ryu and Holder began pushing against Maven. Ryu's reasoning was strictly a numbers game, meanwhile I saw this as a good opportunity to avenge House Lannister while earning good favor with House Targaryen. This would effectively help my House attain better standing with Lannisters/Targaryen while staying fairly neutral with Ryu's house who didn't really care who died so long as it wasn't them lol. It would also prevent any kind of future cooperation between Ryu's house and a weakened Holder without his Natz NPC.

Oh yeah, one more thing about D3 - we had absolutely no idea that the gif was an indication of white walkers in the game and thought it was flavor or some kind of joke that was part of a player's ability. Pretty sure everyone else was on the same page about that though lol.

N4 - My house bluffed that we were protecting ourselves and suggested to Nabe/Moydow/Maven that they take aim at the Baratheons. We did this because we knew that Nabe needed to somehow equalize the numbers if he wanted to stay alive. Targaryen would likely be in a position to attack Ryu as well because Ryu had tried to press against them on D3. Eventually the game would get to a point where the numbers would dwindle down to such an extent that Nabe would have no choice but to side with my house or Ryu's, and given that Nabe believed my house's defensive capability were absurdly OP, he made the choice to part ways with staying on Ryu's side. We wanted to ensure that we were the side Nabe stuck with.

This was also somewhat of a turning point in my relationship with Nabe because Nabe was very persistent about me not having Holder roleblocked for the night. Holder was clearly not happy with my house for getting the Natz NPC killed off, so letting him commit a likely house kill was not an option. Nabe was being more self-serving in this case and was asking for too much when Holder clearly wanted vengeance. Nabe also claimed that Holder had a "poison bullet" that Holder intended on using on Maven, but I didn't believe Nabe when he said this and felt Holder had more reason to use it against my house. Then D4 opened up, making my relationship with Nabe worse.

D4 - Ryu died by Nabe's hand, but Goldenbot had not died from the Targaryens. Then there was another white walker gif that no one really understood the meaning of. Anyway, Nabe opened up the day phase by revealing publicly that myself and praline had visited Holder. Naturally this would strain my relationship with him even further because he was clearly not acting in my house's best interest by revealing this information to everyone. After he had implied that my house might have been responsible for the shish visit, I mistakenly thought he was implying that we were white walkers of some sort because we did not have any ability involved with the dead. He kept insisting that it was likely us and it was not making our relationship any better. That, combined with a huge confusion regarding why FE wasn't roleblocked on N2 (he was, but bus driver had priority with NAR), ultimately lead to me being ok with Nabe walking the plank.

However, Ryu came in and said he had a result on Moydow that revealed he had visited Pokechu and Disfunk. I knew Ryu had no reason to lie about this and knew something was wrong. However when Maven claimed the way he did that Ryu's information was false, something inside me knew there was some insane truth to this whole setup that we did not understand; I couldn't understand why Maven would make the claim that Ryu's information was false in what was supposed to be a straightforward team FFA and hurt his chances with the Baratheons. It didn't make sense.

That's when Wolfie came in and gave us an update that should have been given on D3 when Shish was revived as a white walker. My general opinion on this is that he should have done it on D3 but I'm glad he did this sooner rather than later because it would have more or less ruined the entire game for everyone if he hadn't lol. The Night King role was already bastardry and the gifs and messages were too mechanically inconsistent with each other to infer any kind of clear hint.

As soon as this update was given, I knew moydow was the one responsible and took aim at him. Then, surely in pure panic, moydow revealed this information to Maven. I don't blame him, at that point he was assuredly going to be lynched and his secret revealed.

Then Disfunk mentioned that we should just double lynch Nabe and Moydow.

I know a lot of the graveyard chat was probably thinking at this point that this was a terrible idea. From my point of view it was not though; I knew moydow was likely going to try and swap the vote near the end towards Nabe himself, but I didn't realize that the day phase was not 24 hours (this was also mechanically inconsistent, but to be fair, Wolfie put it in the initial D4 post, so that was my b). I was really just hoping for Nabe to make amends with me somehow, but that didn't happen. I had intended on calling off the double lynch on Nabe and pointing out that moydow could just make the swap, but I made the mistake of not checking when the phase ended lol.

Anyway, I wasn't too upset since Nabe was a liability; our relations had gone through a blender and right out the window throughout N4 and D4. I figured that even if Nabe died, I could just roleblock Moydow and all the houses would focus our attacks on him.

Nabe ended up acting in a very coordinated fashion with moydow and voting in the last 30 seconds for Nabe himself. That's going to be a classic. I am going to dub it "the Nabe" - attempting to throw the game for every other team to a role built on bastardry, lol. Granted, it's a team FFA, so he had no reason not to. Fair's fair.

N5 - I began one of my overthinking trips again. I was obsessively paranoid; I reread the thread and analyzed all the interactions that had occurred. I was trying to piece together every single possibility for how there were 3 revived "dead" players. I also started suspecting Maven again because I thought it was possible that he had in fact made up the Night King role and was trying to distance himself from his goon. There was no confirmation that Pokechu had been revived on the same day that moydow targeted Pokechu, so it was not a mathematical certainty that moydow was the Night King. In my mind, moydow could have been the fall guy for Maven who was possibly the true Night King, and that it was all a clever attempt to shield Maven.

I began largely suspecting Maven again for three reasons:

1. He had claimed a result on FE regarding n2: that he in fact visited Vaanrose and moydow on N2.
2. Shish had flipped a Targaryen, but Shish was clearly seen visiting Holder by Nabe. Given that Shish was a part of a house consisting of a degree of bastardry, I could not longer even trust Shish's initial flip. This is just one of many major problem with ******* role games. There was no reason for me to believe even for a moment that Maven was not a part of it all.
3. He told me that the NK had no more kills...lol...why would Maven trust moydow of all people to tell the truth about having no more night kills????

Also, given that Nabe had acted really suspiciously to me all of D4 in what seemed like a pairing with moydow, combined with what seemed to be a cordinated vote for himself at the last minute, I began to wonder if perhaps Nabe was "recruited" in some way. Lol. I know, this was really dumb. I hate bastardry.

At one point I started thinking it was possible Maven could recruit through RAVENS of all things; like perhaps Nabe was recruited through the Raven mechanic and had to die in order to automatically become a "living dead."

At another point, I couldn't make sense of Moydow's targeting of Disfunkshunal. If Moydow was truly the Night King, then what the heck kind of ability did he use on Disfunkshunal? I freaking gambited Disfunkshunal in our own PM to ensure that Disfunkshunal wasn't some kind of converted night king follower LMAO.

Once the "living dead" timeline was revealed, it became clear that I was just being a silly goose and that the Night King's abilities were not so incredibly far fetched as to need to mark people with ravens in order to revive them. It was highly likely Moydow revived Pokechu on D4. Sue me lol.

Since we still weren't sure what Maven was going to do with his house action and didn't know whether or not he'd be able to protect moydow (thinking maybe it was possible he was still on his team), my team roleblocked Maven and submitted our kill on moydow with Ryu. Fortunately, things turned out well; Moydow opted not to protect himself with Shish and instead had Shish attack Ryu. Maven says he killed Ryu but he did not because he was roleblocked, so I am even more glad that I did not side with him in the end, lol.

Ultimately my team's goal this game wasn't to deceive and manipulate people with false promises; we played it pretty straight. Since Ryu had never transgressed against our house, we had no reason not to pair with them, and none of us in House Stark cared about being the "sole winners" lol. We're not glory hogs.

Yeah that was a really long-winded post.

Edit: overall I really enjoyed working with Disfunkshunal and praline. They provided me a lot of support in the day phase and we got things done. Good stuff guys.

Really liked the Team FFA dealio. I thought it was going to be not quite mafia-esque, but it shared many similar traits. There were a lot off hiccups as I'm sure the mods are aware, but I still enjoyed the game.

Regarding NK role: no more of those please IMO.

TL;DR - plot synopsis and gameplay explanation from House Stark's point of view.

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Moydow opted not to protect himself with Shish and instead had Shish attack Ryu. Maven says he killed Ryu but he did not because he was roleblocked, so I am even more glad that I did not side with him in the end, lol.
Shish couldn't have attacked Ryu, though, by that point he had already used his single kill. Maven did target Ryu since at that point he was in on our plan. So if he had been roleblocked, then how did Ryu die?

Also I decided not to have Shish defend me, because the maths made it so that basically every situation in which I was shot by both yours and Ryu's houses meant I lost. So I needed either your house to shoot Coricus, or Ryu to shoot one of you; had either of those happened I would have won, but if Shish had used his defend I would have needed the extra day, which probably wasn't happening.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Yeah I have absolutely no idea why Ryu died. We explicitly targeted Maven with the roleblock so................might have been mod error.

Top Bottom