• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

West Midlands Monthly Next: Feb 11/12th!!!!!!..Look in thread!! BIRMINGHAM!

Hadster

Smash Cadet
Yoyo, good stuff with the venue, would be good seeing you again =)

I can't do weekends at all, otherwise hopefully should be able to come (Burrhe is defo up for this too I believe, but I don't know his dates and shiz)

Btw, you thinking of a big big tourney? Or just like a smashfest?....cuz only 2 crts =(

Hao

Smash Journeyman
Going today to find out how many CRT's they have, I don't suspect us needing more than 4 really, although obviously the more CRT's we have the better.

Hao

Smash Journeyman
'aight bad news, they only have 2 CRT's, one of them pretty small as well. They have monitors but they only have HDMI ports.

Tamoo said he's good to bring a CRT, if Sketel can too then 4 screens is enough I reckon.

Hadster

Smash Cadet
hmmm, well if I come (+Burrhe) I'll be driving so I can bring say 2 more CRTs.....

Can the venue take quite a few people do you think?

Also , when you thinking of doing this?

Hao

Smash Journeyman
8th of December looks like a nice date, gives people plenty of notice + time to practice a bit etc.

Might be a little cramped, in theory the floor space they have is bigger but the actual area for consoles is a little smaller. We'll still be fine though, 10people will comfortably be able to maneuver around each other.

EDIT: I think I'll get a majority of what days people can make it actually, so if you could all post which days you'd preferably like me to avoid that'll help things a lot.

Hadster

Smash Cadet
Good stuff

erm I basically can't do the 8th, I'm already tied up over the next few weekends (so can't do 8,9,15,16).....

I can pretty much do any weekday though....so dates-wise:

(not 11)

Will be nice to play the rest of you guys....

Also will see if anyone else in Notts outside me and Burrhe can come...a lot of our smash crew left last year, but I'll ask the remainder.

Hao

Smash Journeyman
Right after speaking to other players around the Midlands the date will be 22nd of December. Sorry to choose a weekend Nottingham guys, but it's best I go with the majority, and a weekend to be fair haha. I'll be sure to host something (even a small fest) on a weekday evening or something though.

The venue fee will most definitely not be more than £4, I'm looking to do both Melee (£3) and Project M (£2). Times will be finalized by next week.

Hadster

Smash Cadet
Yeah I defo can't make that, which is a shame =(

You up for meeting up sometime before, one of the dates above? Would be nice to play a few games

Top Bottom