• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

West Midlands Monthly Next: Feb 11/12th!!!!!!..Look in thread!! BIRMINGHAM!

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Ahhh ;) I see I see I remember him talking about that, good stuff anyway :)

B.Mack

Smash Ace
Oh so we'll definitely be able to sort it out then, awesome. :)

Thanks for the help george/bmac. ^^
no problem... as long as you guys dont mind sleeping on the floor in my uni room lol.

pretty sure i'll be there
ffs Smo you better **** the **** outof me this time.
Bmac - Confirmed
my name has a k on the end.

I'll take you up on that :) How much dyou wanna do it for?
£1 each. Brad is the only one I will be £5 MMing.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
I know its got a K its just Kmac that makes me want to put Bmac lol. I'm so hyped for your MMs lol :p

Smo could you bring your laptop with that tournament stuff on it again please? it was a great help.

May have to go straight into brackets because of time but I'll make sure its seeded well if this is the case. Plus its just a monthly tournament so it should be fine as its nothing to serious!

Also Tam I want you to use Jiggs vs meee :D (or Fox ;) )

My controller has almost had it, sometimes it just does not work, or it wont press down (which sucks for shine!!) so this is the last tournament for my controller :o or at least its insides lol

Retroking2000

Smash Master
is there brawl at this lol

i wanna play it again

also what do you say jin kamaza wanna travel together

i already ask charles he said no looooool

i need to talk to someone on the way there xD

j3ly

Smash Champion
how many entrants are expected for this? me and edwin may come along

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Sure ddiz :)

so far I have:

me vs tamoo £2
me vs george £?
me vs ddiz (falcon dittos) £?
me vs bmack (both games) £1 each

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Alex I'll how my bank is doing nearer the time then decide on an amount then :)

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Bmac probably time to put a Brawl setup after singles have finished. Gotta make sure it gets done in time as some people have to leave at like 5.

This should start at like noon latest!

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
I know its got a K its just Kmac that makes me want to put Bmac lol. I'm so hyped for your MMs lol :p

Smo could you bring your laptop with that tournament stuff on it again please? it was a great help.

May have to go straight into brackets because of time but I'll make sure its seeded well if this is the case. Plus its just a monthly tournament so it should be fine as its nothing to serious!

Also Tam I want you to use Jiggs vs meee :D (or Fox ;) )

My controller has almost had it, sometimes it just does not work, or it wont press down (which sucks for shine!!) so this is the last tournament for my controller :o or at least its insides lol
you should try and get a new one for the next monthly in that case.

Tamoo

Smash Master
Should I bring recording stuff? I'm bringing my laptop anyway so it's not too much extra I reckon.

Also I have tio so if smo doesn't bring his laptop or anything, I have it there to use.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Yeah I guess that would be good Tam, we can record at mine on the Friday to.

Just saw your post in the other thread Ben, good stuff, look forward to seeing everyone.

Hao

Smash Journeyman
Should I bring recording stuff? I'm bringing my laptop anyway so it's not too much extra I reckon.

Also I have tio so if smo doesn't bring his laptop or anything, I have it there to use.
You got mic's as well for commentating and shizz? If not i'll get one of my friends to come with his stuff.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Does anyone staying at mine have a wii and brawl that can setup project M btw? I would use my Wii but its back home so I won't be able to play the demo for like 3 more weeks but kinda wana play it lol

B.Mack

Smash Ace
Bmack fiver each game then? ;)
well you're guaranteed to win melee, so lets just do fiver on brawl like the good old times. That way I'm not just playing to keep my money...

I hope not.

If there's a lot of people I want it all SSBM. Can't STAND the sight of Brawl.
aww c'mon Hao PLEEEEEEASE? at least before/after singles?

Does anyone staying at mine have a wii and brawl that can setup project M btw? I would use my Wii but its back home so I won't be able to play the demo for like 3 more weeks but kinda wana play it lol
Kone has Project M and lives in Bham... just ask him.

btw does anyone have Kone's number or something? I need to contact him.

Brado

Smash Lord
Why do it with all the melee players better than me then? With them your just playing to keep your money, your more likely to beat me than yen or jolteon at melee lool

Man up

B.Mack

Smash Ace
Why do it with all the melee players better than me then? With them your just playing to keep your money, your more likely to beat me than yen or jolteon at melee lool

Man up
I know, but thats not about losing £5, its just £1 lol. I'm not gonna lose £5 playing jiggs dittos(which are horribll un-fun anyway)

besides I thought you were better than me at brawl? do you really need to have Melee as a backup if you expect to win brawl? I think you sir, are the one who needs to man up.

Brado

Smash Lord
I wouldn't need/want to go Jiggs

I'm better but it's still going to be much closer than melee. If you were confident enough in your skill on the game you play, you'd do both

Yeniths

East Midlands!
I should still be coming man, depends if anyone needs to stay at mine Sat nite but don't think anyone is so ill make it if so :D

Also Bmac i wanted to know if domeone has it that is staying at mine so we can play. No use kone having it when he's not attending this.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
btw, does anyone want to mm my pika (or sheik if I haven't got one with you already)?

Retroking2000

Smash Master
most people dont like brawl causethey cant be good at it , if melee was so much harder it would be free money right lol

i used to think w/e brawl easy game then i got slapped lol and got 13th

B.Mack

Smash Ace
I wouldn't need/want to go Jiggs

I'm better but it's still going to be much closer than melee. If you were confident enough in your skill on the game you play, you'd do both
oh no you misunderstand... I know I'll beat you at brawl, but you dont acknowledge that. however we both acknowledge that you'll win at melee, making that pointless to play. I'm not MMing you in melee and thats that. blah blah I'm scared or whatever. just come lemme take your lunch munneys in brawl.

Also Bmac i wanted to know if domeone has it that is staying at mine so we can play. No use kone having it when he's not attending this.
Kone has Project M. Kone lives in/around Bham. Project M is on an SD card. really do I have to spell out all the possible ways that you can get Project M from Kone?

most people dont like brawl causethey cant be good at it , if melee was so much harder it would be free money right lol

some people think that because Melee has more tech skill, being good at Melee implies being auto-good at brawl... The reality is... very different from that. lol.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Your missing my point lol I'm not asking if someone has Project M so I can go and get it... I do not have my Wii with me, I was asking if someone staying at mine has it so they can bring it along.

Just wanted to play it Friday night at mine but if no one coming to mine has it then thats perfectly fine lol.

Thanks again for housing Prof and Alex on Sat night btw :)

Looking forward to this :D

Professor Pro

Smash Legend

.....The comments you have been saying on smashboards lately are just silly and extremely wrong.

You can stll enjoy a game if your bad at it and become good, but your reason is extremely far from the reason that most people don't like brawl....I would say the reasons why but i'm pretty sure you know.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
No-ones really arguing lol....he just said that most people don't enjoy brawl (implying the melee players) because they can't get good at it, which is horrendously wrong.

People don't like it for the actual gameplay which branches off into many things, nothing to do with not being able to get good.

ALSO is it possible for me to get Project M from someone at this tournament if I just bring my SD Card....that's actually me asking if it's possible, not asking can someone bring it because I want it because I don't actually know if you can transfer the game that easy lol....

Retroking2000

Smash Master
it probably wont work on a pal brawl

if you have ntsc then its 100% going to work

also dont take me seriously guys i have been super bored and coming on to the boards out of bordem

also i like to comment to prof what he said earlier about me being the most anti social out of the community

which i think is wrong xD

looool at charles going moderator mode

i was hoping to attend this with someone noone has gotten back to me though lol

also i would to go to that gawes get together but i dont know him well

he said one thing to me which was

how are you going to spend the money

he said guess and walked off lol

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
it probably wont work on a pal brawl

if you have ntsc then its 100% going to work

also dont take me seriously guys i have been super bored and coming on to the boards out of bordem

also i like to comment to prof what he said earlier about me being the most anti social out of the community

which i think is wrong xD
Well I only said it of course you said you were dissapointed in my decision when it was absolutely and fully justified and I felt you would have done the same thing but yeah whatever...

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
.....The comments you have been saying on smashboards lately are just silly and extremely wrong.

You can stll enjoy a game if your bad at it and become good, but your reason is extremely far from the reason that most people don't like brawl....I would say the reasons why but i'm pretty sure you know.
actually this is the reason I don't enter many brawl events. I like playing it, but the brawlers know what they're doing and I just do terribly

Tamoo

Smash Master
but the fact remains that *most* people who play melee don't just assume that they can play brawl well and compete with the best of brawl just because it's easy melee, I think we're under no illusions that should we play against them, we'll get beaten, it's how it should be.

No, it's that it's too boring for us to ever get motivated enough to improve at the game. When I quit brawl for melee, I was doing much better in brawl than melee, I was consistently getting top 3 in London yet wasn't breaking pools in melee. But I was far more motivated to get better in melee as it was just in general more interesting to me.

Top Bottom