• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Global saturation! Wesker for Smash

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Made a thread for the guy once in the SSB4 era too, and since RE characters are still kind of a hot topic, figured why not do it again.

593932-wesker_resident_evil_5_by_insaneray.jpg

Points for Albert Wesker:
. RE5 has finally been on a Nintendo platform for awhile now in the form of the Switch, and even then, that version of him was already playable in the Mercenaries game on the 3DS and such.

. Even before RE5, we got to see some more sinister sides of his character continuing from his RE4 appearance, in the Wii debuted Umbrella Chronicles.

. Like Chris who is highly slept on, Wesker already has fighting game presence in the form of Ultimate/Marvel vs Capcom 3. A lot of his moveset could be taken from there, and with how much more lenient Smash has gotten with guns now, his one firearm, the Samurai Edge, would be a non-issue at this point.

. While the RE protagonists would be mostly limited to their conventional weapons for a moveset, Wesker would be more unique in mostly utilizing his super speed and strength, looking cool while he does so.

. Fun bit of trivia: In Nintendo Power's 250 Reasons to Love Nintendo Edition, Wesker was listed as Nintendo Power's 9th favorite villain.

Suffice to say, along with being one of the most popular RE characters, Wesker is also one of the best received villains in gaming, before and after RE5, and another villain is always welcome in Smash, even as much as Ultimate has spoiled me in that department now.

Music that could be included for him and RE's soundtrack if he got in Smash:
. Wesker's RE4 theme; so epic it makes you feel like a God, much like he himself who transcended humanity
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVMDEYjns8E

. His Umbrella Chronicles theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpiQNPbP11g

. His RE5 theme, Winds of Madness
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OLax-NenP8

. His fight theme from the Lost in Nightmares add-on, which was also the music played during the Spencer Estate cutscene flashback
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jB-HONuwjpo

Supporters so far:
Myself
M00NFIRE94

Last edited:

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
His kung fu would fit in nicely. Cobra Strike/Ghost Butterfly for forward smash, Knee Cannon for dash attack, Tiger Uppercut for up smash, Windfall for down? Yeah I support.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773

Funny timing, given how I just started this thread not long ago. At the very least, him being a spirit battle of the speedy Captain Falcon I’m completely okay with. Just picture Cap’s f-air being Wesker’s knee cannon.

Last edited:

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
Who is in charge of rating the spirits because I don't think they ever played Resident Evil if Wesker's not deemed worthy of a Legendary.

Last edited:

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
You think that's odd, they got Jill represented by :ultwiifittrainer: of all people. Then again, the spirits team isn't that competent, so it's business as usual.

Still, sorry for your loss, guys, maybe next time.
Wait I thought :ultzss: was gonna be the host body considering Jill in RE5 was blonde and acrobatic in that.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Wait I thought :ultzss: was gonna be the host body considering Jill in RE5 was blonde and acrobatic in that.
Apparently not, according to those goofballs.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Apparently not, according to those goofballs.

I'm assuming its probably because of the hair style, maybe...

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
Okay, but ZSS also has a blue outfit.

This makes even less sense than :ultbayonetta: being passed over for :ultkingdedede:as Gruntilda's spirit.
You dare question blue when blue is blue? That blues it! From this day forward, I demote you from your blue and cast you out to the blues of blue. May you never commit this blue again upon our blue so says I, blue. Get out of my sight.

Edit: please don't take this seriously lol

Last edited:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Yeah, I had initially heard that Zero Suit Samus was the spirit character for Jill but was misinformed. As it is, Wii Fit Trainer is a better (heh) fit for classic Jill, though I think that RE5 Jill (despite the divisiveness of that design) would've fit ZSS the most if that had been her spirit character.

At least Wesker's a 3 star spirit from what I hear. If any out of them was to be a 4 star legendary though, should've been him, or if not, you'd upgrade to an Uroboros Wesker spirit which would then be legendary. Seemed like kind of a no brainer when other nonplayable Capcom characters like Bison were legendary spirits.

Still not sure how to feel about having made this thread shortly prior to the RE spirits reveal. Just the timing of it all... :laugh:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Welp, I took a peek at the Jill thread, and some of her supporters are not taking her spirit treatment well at all. I'm a paragon of restraint in comparison.

Meanwhile, Jon Cartwright of Gamexplain pitches in on fan rules: https://t.co/xRqCCWOorc

As far as I see it, base game content most likely won't be affected for the most part, aside the more obvious exceptions.

Last edited:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773

A motivational message from Wesker during these still troublesome times.

Also with the spirit rule broken by Min Min, I can have fun with this again.

JudgeHeihachi

Smash Apprentice
I'm starting to think that if a Resident Evil character ever gets included in Smash (be it this game or the next one) that Wesker probably is the most likely one to get chosen to represent the series as a whole. Just as Kazuya was chosen over Heihachi and Jin because he represents both of the core aspects of the Tekken lore (Mishima karate style and the devil gene) while the other two would have lacked one of them respectively. In the same way Wesker could represent the human aspect of RE as he can use any weapon the protagonists can also use but unlike them he stands out as he can also represent the other important focus of the series: the viruses and super-human abilities. Biohazard is also what the series is named in Japan so it feels like something that should definitely be represented if a character of the series ever got in.
There's definitely enough he does to make a really cool moveset.
For what it's worth he was also given the highest rank in the RE spirit event so maybe there is already some kind of favorism shown towards him.

I know he is less talked about than other characters of his series but so was Kazuya too. Kazuya has also proven that a character who isn't generally a protagonist can be the first to represent his series. Even then there were already games focused on Wesker as the main character like the Umbrella Chronicles.
Ultimately any RE character would be cool in Smash but Wesker feels like he would make the most sense in light of the recent events. Chris, Jill, and Leon would all also be good Smash inclusions and could have cool movesets but Wesker feels like he can offer even more.

Top Bottom