• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masked Marauders - Skull Kid For Smash! Night of the Last Day.

What's your favourite transformation in Majora's Mask?

• Deku Link

• Goron Link

• Zora Link

Results are only viewable after voting.

Spatman

Smash Ace
It'd be nice to see a new Zelda stage. For me, I feel the Great Plateau Tower was a bit lackluster in terms of a BotW stage, where there could've been SO much more to do considering how vast and varied that game's environment is. I'd love to hear new 'Smash-esque' remixes of Deku Palace or Stone Tower Temple to accompany Skull Kid into Ultimate.
For me it's perfect: towers give us map pieces, in a game based on the exploration and on climbing to see the world from a great height they are a perfect simbol of the game.
Moreover they are so iconic both visually and musically

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
It's because people could vote for many newcomer

I failed with my last message, I cant delete him
I'm assuming you can speak Dutch as you linked something with nl. Je moet dan niet een nieuwe bericht plaatsen, maar het aanpassen. Zie je de Edit knop onder je berichtjes? Als je daarop tikt kan je het bijwerken. De enige manier hoe je tegenwoordig een bericht kan verwijderen is op Report tikken en als reden aangeven dat je niet doorhad hoe de edit functie werkt, ze zullen je waarschijnlijk dan vergeven

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Forgive me if this has been spoken about before, but do you guys think Skull Kid would get his own stage? I would love to have the Clock Tower or Stone Tower Temple as a stage.
I don’t see them making another stage. They should add more song remixes from MM though.

UserKev

Smash Champion
This is a really badass Skull Kid, a drawing of the character I actually been running into since the early 2010s.

I probably shouldn't say it but Skull Kid is one of those left out colorfully juicy characters still not in who NEEDs to be playable. Honestly, Skull Kid in Hyrule Warriors doesn't feel satisfying to me. I feel like Hyrule Warriors Skull Kid is crazy limited. His real potential won't be noticeable until he's in Smash.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I'd kill for a Stone Tower Temple or Astral Observatory remix.
I’d have to relisten to some MM music cause I only remember a couple.

Also maybe the creepy ass theme music could get played for Skull Kid’s trailer, remixed or not.

thespoiler

Smash Cadet
Zelda needs another rep. Ganon Falcon, three clones of Link.... Anything will satisfy me, Tingle, Skull Kid, Deku Link, Tetra, Midna and Wolf Link, anything unique. But Skull Kid is definitely awesome if we happen to get him.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Skull Kid isn't quite the masked imp I was hoping for from the Zelda series but overall I think he has potential to be a fun fighter methinks.

We'll see if these 'hints' have anything to them.

Last edited:

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
Skull Kid isn't quite the masked imp I was hoping for from the Zelda series but overall I think he has potential to be a fun fighter methinks.

We'll see if these 'hints' have anything to them.
Midna is definitely a great character, but Skull Kid is more iconic. I hope they bring back adult Midna later on in another Zelda game though, she is so intriguing.

If this speculation is real, then I can't see myself not maining SK... Majora Skull Kid's moveset potential and the way I can picture his movement stats seems like a perfect fit for me. Fast slightly floaty aggro mage... ugh gimme

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I'd kill for a Stone Tower Temple or Astral Observatory remix.
Deku Palace is my jam, some days I just get it stuck in my head out of nowhere. Something about the way the Deku guards at the entrance move also makes it seem like they're jamming out to it lol.

Btw, I'd like to be added to the supporter list NintenRob NintenRob

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
On the subject of Majora's Mask music, this is my jam, I would love to see it remixed in Smash

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I'm gonna throw my hat into the ring and tell my idea of a Skull Kid reveal trailer

Picture the scene, It's a field that somewhat resembles Termina, the sky is ablazed,like there is a major bush fire in the area, something is seriously wrong. Small fragments of rock are falling from sky periodically.

You see various distraught Nintendo characters running away from something, Pikachu picks up a crying Pichu, puts it on his back and runs away, Peach and Daisy are seen running together. Samus is seen carrying Lucas to safety, the Fox and Falco is seen trying to evacuate them all onto the Great Fox, when suddenly, a falling rock destroys it. Bowser Jr is seen calling out for his Pa. Everyone running away. Except one, it's cuts to a young boy on a horse whizzing through the crowd. From this angle behind Young Link, we get a glimpse of the infernal Fire Ball in the sky. They arrive, Young Link gets off and indicates too Epona to run and leave. He approaches a figure standing in the field looking at the fireball.
A text box appears. The sound effects are identical to those from Majora's Mask

"So, you came?" the figure said with a slight

Young Link gets a look of determination on his face

Majora's Theme starts to play
"Tell me, did you come here as my friend? Or are you my enemy?" he turns around as he says this, the fire behind him conceals his identity, but in his shadow, two glowing eyes

Young Link draws his weapon, The camera also shows he has the Fierce Deity Mask on his belt.

"Fool, do you really think you can stop me as I am?"
Skull Kid begins to float up, slowing revealing his full identity, as he does, You get a better look at the Fireball, which is now clearly the moon
"If I'm something that can be stopped, then just try and stop me" these are his final words before his begins to Scream.

SKULL KID CLOCKS IN!!!

Gameplay begins, a remix of Majora's Battle theme is heard. He's shown to be quick and powerful. One scene pairs him with the Moon assist trophy. And the Skull Kid is seen with Young Link in a grab, pummeling him before throwing him forward.

Back to cinematic, Young Link is shown sliding across the ground and gets slammed into a rock, at this moment he reaches for his secret Weapon and he transforms into Fierce Deity. A fast paced version of Song of Healing

Back to gameplay quickly, we see Fierce deity already activated and giving a whammy on Skull Kid with a flurry of sword beams followed by a powerful strike. But before it shows him transform back into Young Link, it's back to the cinematic.

Skull Kid is seen being knocked backwards, we see Fierce Deity send out a sword beam that lands a direct hit on Skull kid knocking him out of the sky. But something remained, The Mask had remained where Skull Kid. Fierce Deity notices but before he can react, The mask sounds out a laser beam that lands a direct hit on Fierce Deity transforming him back into Young Link. Young Link weakened, attempts to shake it off, looks up and sees the blurry monstrosity of Majora's Wrath, and it's about to attack! Around this time, the song transitions into Final Hours very smoothly, implying it's a medley.

Gameplay now shows Skull Kids final smash, Skull Kid is limp on the ground behind Majora's Wrath as it sends out single whip strike to activate the Final Smash. Sending Young Link to the final boss room in MM, Majora's Wrath now unleashes barrage of whips and spinning, before finishing it with double whip backhand strike.

Cinematic again, Young Link now very injured and is seen falling from the sky on his back. We see Skull Kid on the ground too, tendrils come down and lifts Skull Kids head back into the mask. Young Link attempts to get up, but only manages to half lift his body.

"That was fun! Thanks for playing with me, but it looks like time is up, Maybe we can play again next time" music stops and Skull Kid turns around to walk towards the moon, which is now starting to strike the Earth and spread its flames engulfing Skull Kid, the camera faces the opposite the direction and begins to quickly zoom in on Young Links horrified face.

Logo appears accompanied by the screams of Young Link.

I'm gonna throw my hat into the ring and tell my idea of a Skull Kid reveal trailer

Picture the scene, It's a field that somewhat resembles Termina, the sky is ablazed,like there is a major bush fire in the area, something is seriously wrong. Small fragments of rock are falling from sky periodically.

You see various distraught Nintendo characters running away from something, Pikachu picks up a crying Pichu, puts it on his back and runs away, Peach and Daisy are seen running together. Samus is seen carrying Lucas to safety, the Fox and Falco is seen trying to evacuate them all onto the Great Fox, when suddenly, a falling rock destroys it. Bowser Jr is seen calling out for his Pa. Everyone running away. Except one, it's cuts to a young boy on a horse whizzing through the crowd. From this angle behind Young Link, we get a glimpse of the infernal Fire Ball in the sky. They arrive, Young Link gets off and indicates too Epona to run and leave. He approaches a figure standing in the field looking at the fireball.

"Tell me, did you come here as my friend? Or are you my enemy?" he turns around as he says this, the fire behind him conceals his identity, but in his shadow, two glowing eyes

Young Link draws his weapon, The camera also shows he has the Fierce Deity Mask on his belt.

Skull Kid begins to float up, slowing revealing his full identity, as he does, You get a better look at the Fireball, which is now clearly the moon
"If I'm something that can be stopped, then just try and stop me" these are his final words before his begins to Scream.

SKULL KID CLOCKS IN!!!

Gameplay begins, a remix of Majora's Battle theme is heard. He's shown to be quick and powerful. One scene pairs him with the Moon assist trophy. And the Skull Kid is seen with Young Link in a grab, pummeling him before throwing him forward.

Back to cinematic, Young Link is shown sliding across the ground and gets slammed into a rock, at this moment he reaches for his secret Weapon and he transforms into Fierce Deity. A fast paced version of Song of Healing

Back to gameplay quickly, we see Fierce deity already activated and giving a whammy on Skull Kid with a flurry of sword beams followed by a powerful strike. But before it shows him transform back into Young Link, it's back to the cinematic.

Skull Kid is seen being knocked backwards, we see Fierce Deity send out a sword beam that lands a direct hit on Skull kid knocking him out of the sky. But something remained, The Mask had remained where Skull Kid. Fierce Deity notices but before he can react, The mask sounds out a laser beam that lands a direct hit on Fierce Deity transforming him back into Young Link. Young Link weakened, attempts to shake it off, looks up and sees the blurry monstrosity of Majora's Wrath, and it's about to attack! Around this time, the song transitions into Final Hours very smoothly, implying it's a medley.

Gameplay now shows Skull Kids final smash, Skull Kid is limp on the ground behind Majora's Wrath as it sends out single whip strike to activate the Final Smash. Sending Young Link to the final boss room in MM, Majora's Wrath now unleashes barrage of whips and spinning, before finishing it with double whip backhand strike.

Cinematic again, Young Link now very injured and is seen falling from the sky on his back. We see Skull Kid on the ground too, tendrils come down and lifts Skull Kids head back into the mask. Young Link attempts to get up, but only manages to half lift his body.

"That was fun! Thanks for playing with me, but it looks like time is up, Maybe we can play again next time" music stops and Skull Kid turns around to walk towards the moon, which is now starting to strike the Earth and spread its flames engulfing Skull Kid, the camera faces the opposite the direction and begins to quickly zoom in on Young Links horrified face.

Nice and gloomy :) :reverse:

Another character's death in a reveal trailer! Totally plausible. But as an alt ending, Young Link could reach for his Ocarina while the screen is fading to white. Then you hear a faint Song of Time with the logo appearing.

ShroomEL

Smash Apprentice
Nice and gloomy :):reverse:

Another character's death in a reveal trailer! Totally plausible. But as an alt ending, Young Link could reach for his Ocarina while the screen is fading to white. Then you hear a faint Song of Time with the logo appearing.
That would be an awesome ending to the reveal trailer!

Smash Apprentice
I really don't think any text or narration would show up in a Smash Direct trailer. It's all nonverbal.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I really don't think any text or narration would show up in a Smash Direct trailer. It's all nonverbal.
Except for Little Mac's (voiced). And Palutena's (voiced). And Robin's (voiced). And Cloud's (minorly voiced). And Corrin's (voiced and text). And Bayonetta's (voiced). And Simon and Richter's (minorly voiced).

EDIT: Oh, and Snake's introduction in Brawl.

Last edited:

Smash Apprentice
Except for Little Mac's (voiced). And Palutena's (voiced). And Robin's (voiced). And Cloud's (minorly voiced). And Corrin's (voiced and text). And Bayonetta's (voiced). And Simon and Richter's (minorly voiced).

Fair point, but all of those characters are already voiced or make sense to be voiced. I don't think Majora being voiced would work out well.

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
I definitely support, he seems likely and we need more villains.

What if his reveal is literally just a continuation of the Inkling trailer. The firey Mario and Link get the spotlight again, then text appears saying “You’ve met with a terrible fate” then the moon literally crashes through the firey Smash Ball in the sky. Having a firey Majora’s Mask appear.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Fair point, but all of those characters are already voiced or make sense to be voiced. I don't think Majora being voiced would work out well.
Right, but the whole idea is that the dialogue would be in a text box, not voiced. Mr. Nintendo's trailer idea says that.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

I definitely need to rewatch those trailers. Smash trailers are so hype.

NintenRob NintenRob you described your trailer idea so well I could see it very vividly. Kudos for that.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Forgive me if this has been spoken about before, but do you guys think Skull Kid would get his own stage? I would love to have the Clock Tower or Stone Tower Temple as a stage.
I remember once, a long time ago, I posted a concept for a Stone Tower stage. I've wanted that forever! It's one of my favorite dungeons in Zelda history.

Of course, Frigate Orpheon stole the gimmick that a Stone Tower stage should have had...

SKULL KID CLOCKS IN!!!

I legit got chills at one point, lol. Well done!

And for the record, I think this idea could work exactly the same with or without text. You still get the same feeling.

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
One thing I don't understand is the fact Great Bay is a stage, instead of any other of the numerous more interesting locations from Termina. Since K Rool and Ridley aren't really getting new stages, we can't expect anything like that to happen for Skull Kid, but it's fun to dream about. I would love to see Stone Tower or Clocktown, or even one of the stranger areas like Deku Palace or Astral Observatory.

I thought about if there was an Astral Observatory stage that was actually huge, like a real observatory, and is basically just the dome, with the telescope in the middle, the old man looking through the telescope, and an infinity of stairs going downwards into the bottomless pit that the telescope is placed on. Then there are the hovering platforms that the characters are battling on, chilling out over the bottomless pit. I imagine all of these vivid colors within the background of the stage.

There's some possibilities for a second MM stage, which I wouldn't mind seeing as DLC of some sort, but even that is unlikely.

Last edited:

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
I've played a ton of Zelda games but Majora's Mask remains my favorite one in the franchise. I really loved the darker aesthetic, the slight "buffs" that Young Link got (from OoT; I recall him being more mobile), and the more fleshed out sidequests (which is what really drew me into the game). I also really loved Skull Kid as a villain, even moreso than Ganon, since he seemed so much more different compared to the (no offense to Ganon fans) garden-variety evil guy. He has a super cool design and he floats.

Add me to the supporter list!

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
I'm seeing a lot of people I recognize from other support threads pledging support across the top character threads. It's great to see such a unified round of speculation for this Smash.:)

Everyone wants everyone, or at least wants every fanbase to get their pick. Everyone's so positive, and I love it!

One thing I don't understand is the fact Great Bay is a stage, instead of any other of the numerous more interesting locations from Termina. Since K Rool and Ridley aren't really getting new stages, we can't expect anything like that to happen for Skull Kid, but it's fun to dream about. I would love to see Stone Tower or Clocktown, or even one of the stranger areas like Deku Palace or Astral Observatory.

I thought about if there was an Astral Observatory stage that was actually huge, like a real observatory, and is basically just the dome, with the telescope in the middle, the old man looking through the telescope, and an infinity of stairs going downwards into the bottomless pit that the telescope is placed on. Then there are the hovering platforms that the characters are battling on, chilling out over the bottomless pit. I imagine all of these vivid colors within the background of the stage.

There's some possibilities for a second MM stage, which I wouldn't mind seeing as DLC of some sort, but even that is unlikely.
Good points. Want a strange idea for a MM stage?

Remember this weird place?

I remember being so confused when i got to this point.

LaughingLefou

Smash Apprentice
"...because chaos, represented by a prancing nonce with a diseased pineapple for a face, will make it all for naught in the end." - Ben "Yatzhee" Croshaw, Zero Puncutation, Majora's Mask Review.

While I'd rather have my cowardly greedy merchant in Ultimate, I can't say I'd be at all disappointed to see the mischevious and devious Skull Kid make an appearance in Smash, and he's got a hell of a lot more of a chance of showing up than my poor
Alternate Universe Link
would have. So screw it. Count me in as a supporter. Y'all got my vote.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
1000 posts!!!!!!

It's amazing just how much this has grown! When it wasn't long ago I was struggling to keep this place active.

Shadownade

Smash Rookie
NNID
Shadownade

volbound1700

Smash Master
I think with the smash direct background, lack of Skull kid AT, Termina field playing during the direct, and Moon AT, I believe his chances are very high to make an appearance.

Raider 88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Raider704
3DS FC
5086-1674-5462
Skull Kid and Geno are the only (reasonable) newcomers that I REALLY want at this point.

I haven't played Majoras Mask since it first came out, but always loved the character/design. Skull Kid is just so aesthetically pleasing. Would love to see the moveset Sakurai cooks up for him

Top Bottom