• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masked Marauders - Skull Kid For Smash! Night of the Last Day.

What's your favourite transformation in Majora's Mask?

• Deku Link

• Goron Link

• Zora Link

Results are only viewable after voting.

Spatman

Smash Ace
We'll know the full roster before then most likely. Unless Skull Kid is the first DLC character or something. The roster would be leaked by then anyway if he was in the base game because there would be SOMEONE who breaks street date and shows the full roster.
Unless they make SK downloadable content unlockable only since 7 december (for free of course: more a final surprise than a dlc character)

Not believe it will happen, tho

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I’ve been thinking about what the Skull Kid could do for his specials. He’d probably take attacks from the Majora phases. Maybe his b move will involve the weird ball projectiles, his side could ivolve Wrath’s whips. His up b could be a teleport since the skull kids all seem to be able to, and I don’t know maybe his down b could summon puppets like the skull kid from teilight princess?

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I think the blowpipe might make an appearance, and I assume puppet summoning will as well. I'd also imagine either a teleport or a float for his recovery. Beyond that, I assume it'll be Majora powers. Maybe a tether grab from the tentacles?

A badass way to reveal Skull Kid would be to have a trail of stuff that represent the other characters on the ground as if to symbolize they have fallen and then you slowly see Skull Kid walk across the pile.

TiaSilvia

Smash Apprentice
Just thinking: which song should play on his debut?
Majora's Theme? Or one of the Majoras battle songs? In that case which one?
Any other suggestions?

Just thinking: which song should play on his debut?
Majora's Theme? Or one of the Majoras battle songs? In that case which one?
Any other suggestions?
Hearing a new mix of Majora music is going to be orgasmic. As to what song I would think either the main theme or Deku Palace theme.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
During the reveal (not gameplay, just as he starts to appear) I want to hear that slow intimidating Majora's Theme again.

As for actual gameplay, I think the standard boss theme or a medley of Majora's final boss theme would be amazing.

SkulltulaKid

Smash Cadet
Idea I had for a reveal. Bayonetta and Young Link duking it out in the moonlight. In the full moon Bayonetta is able to run on the walls and ceiling. During the battle, the moon is blurred, and at some point in the battle we see Bayonetta shaking. Plants growing from her skin. "What is happening to me??" She says.
Then the moon un-blurs. We see it has a face. there is a black floating figure in front of it, and then a recognizeable laugh.
And Bam! Skullkid clocks in!!
Begins to Show off the moveset, and then we have a cutscene at the end of Fierce Deity and Skullkid/Majora.

Last edited:

PrinceGal3n

Smash Journeyman
Your tagline for that art just gave me an interesting idea! This is insane, but we got two newcomers and three echos last direct, so anything is possible. The trailer is called the same thing as your art, Sun and Moon. Young Link and some other character are dueling or something in the woods when they are jumped by Skull Kid, which is followed by gameplay. The gameplay cuts back to cinematic as Skull Kid is startled and blinded from behind, being shot up into the air form below. As Skull Kid shakes off the dust, the camera switches to the Camelot Angle as Isaac steps up to fight the imp and the two lunge at each other. Isaac gameplay is introduced.

OneLinkMissing

Smash Rookie
NNID
Seaslash
3DS FC
0233-0012-7070
Switch FC
0896 6240 5125
Skull Kid has been one of my most wanted characters for a very long time, Majora's Mask is my favorite Zelda game after Breath of the Wild. The Zelda series in general is my favorite video game franchise and Skull Kid is my favorite villain in it.

So I'll support till the very end!

ShroomEL

Smash Apprentice
The theme for Skull kid's reveal trailer would likely be along the line's of a Majora's wrath battle remake. I would love to hear that creepy yet iconic theme get an official Smash bros rock remake.

Your tagline for that art just gave me an interesting idea! This is insane, but we got two newcomers and three echos last direct, so anything is possible. The trailer is called the same thing as your art, Sun and Moon. Young Link and some other character are dueling or something in the woods when they are jumped by Skull Kid, which is followed by gameplay. The gameplay cuts back to cinematic as Skull Kid is startled and blinded from behind, being shot up into the air form below. As Skull Kid shakes off the dust, the camera switches to the Camelot Angle as Isaac steps up to fight the imp and the two lunge at each other. Isaac gameplay is introduced.
I love that Idea! It would be another amazing reveal that would make 2 more fanbases lose their crap. I really do hope that he gets in, and that his reveal is as amazing as ever!

Chrono.

Yo, I'm here to support.

Skull Kid was one of those characters I always had in the back of my mind but always thought were very long shots. But after the last Direct and all the hint theories started to pile up, I told myself I wouldn't fall for it. But I did it anyway lol.

He's pretty much near the top of the list characters I'd love to see make it. Majora's Mask is my favorite game of all time.

I'm all in on the hype.

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
Something to consider if Skull Kid somehow isn't in the game at all. He'd at least be riding a giant wave of support for DLC.

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
The only thing I see hurting Skull Kid's chances are his lack of ballot popularity from what I have seen in polls. Which is very odd considering he is probably the most popular Zelda newcommer and Majora's Mask 3D came out at the time, Impa didn't seem popular on the ballot either.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Something to consider if Skull Kid somehow isn't in the game at all. He'd at least be riding a giant wave of support for DLC.
Completely agree, we must rally hard and rally loud (but not be obnoxious) to get our Masked friend in Smash. And don't let the hype train die like it did for poor Sceptile

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
For a Trailer theme, I‘d actually love to hear a remix of the title screen from Majora‘s Mask.
I always loved the shift from the happy melodie of clock town to the dark leitmotif of the game; something that reflects the character rather well.

By it‘s core, the skull kid is a trickster, a child, driven to evil by feelings of neglect and spite.

I feel to make Skull Kid like Skull Kid, Sakurai has to find a way to design a trickster type moveset, with maybe the occasional cruel attack.

Tilts, jabs and aerials can all be dance-like and quick, reflecting the more playful side of the guy...however, the Smash attacks are a different story...perhaps here the Mask takes control, dragging skull kid along like a lifeless puppet and ramming into the fighters...

Either way he‘ll turn out, I feel he deserves a spot on the roster. MM is one of the most recognizable Zelda games and one of the most beloved. The Mask itself has such an iconic design and Skull Kid is one of those rare reoccurring characters (OOT,MM,TP).
So yeah, Go Skull Kid!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'm a Tetra supporter at heart, as far as Zelda newcomers go.

But You know what? I think I'd like to finally show some more support for Skull Kid, too.

I don't think the two would exactly be much competition for each other, if at all. The guy's had a supportive fanbases for well over a decade. Majora's Mask is one of my favorite Zeldas, and I definitely do have fond memories of it as a kid. That includes Skull Kid's involvement. So, it's been long enough, I haven't pitched in much on the character despite always liking him and MM. So, consider me a supporter. :b:

I think this just might be his time to join the fight; for the fans' sake especially, I do hope so. I very much hope to see another certain Zelda newcomer get in, but I'd be quite happy with Skull Kid as well.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
That makes 144 supporters, which is double 72, a number of great significance to Majora's Mask.

Although unlikely, and probably a painful to wait for, I wouldn't mind seeing Skull Kid be character number 72

Last edited:

cybersai

Smash Ace
Skull Kid's low ballot results was because he was an Assist so people thought it'd be a waste of their vote to vote for him. Majora's Mask 3DS coming out in 2015 is likely the greatest boon for him to be playable.

Paint_B

Smash Cadet
I have to say you have my support! I think Skull Kid would be a great addition to the Zelda cast in Smash Ultimate.

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
Part of me hopes they don't do too much tentacle action and go more magic based. I don't associate tentacles with Skull kid, I associate them with Majora.

It would be so cool to see these two with a Gen 7 Pokemon (Decidueye or Incineroar) get announced in the next direct. I've seen that theory that there could be a Sun and Moon theme with the next wave of reveals. Not to mention the first trailer in the last direct featured a moon at the end and K.Rool's ended with a sun.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Figured I'd share it here, the team at source Gaming is doing Stream all about Skull Kid. Might be worth watching I think
https://youtu.be/xOEKy_VkKeI

My guess is that they're going to very critical of the furniture (and rightfully so) and basically be like temper your expectations.

Majora's Visage

Smash Journeyman
Please add me to official supporters. I am a longterm visiter to the site but have just registered myself to show support. I've wanted Skull Kid in Smash Bros. Since Brawl and remember checking the dojo everyday hoping he would get in. Had a mini heart attack when he was shown as an assist trophy for 4. Let's support Skull Kid for Smash Ultimate!!

Last edited:

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
Figured I'd share it here, the team at source Gaming is doing Stream all about Skull Kid. Might be worth watching I think
https://youtu.be/xOEKy_VkKeI

My guess is that they're going to very critical of the furniture (and rightfully so) and basically be like temper your expectations.
So basically everything everyone has been saying here, probably not gonna watch it because what else can be said that has not been said already?

Majora's Visage

Smash Journeyman
So basically everything everyone has been saying here, probably not gonna watch it because what else can be said that has not been said already?
Might be wrong but it could be worth checking out. DLC isn't worked on until after the game is finished, and God forbid if Skull Kid doesn't get in; throwing speculation and support to anything Skull Kid to continue to fuel the fire would help his chances as a DLC character?

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
Might be wrong but it could be worth checking out. DLC isn't worked on until after the game is finished, and God forbid if Skull Kid doesn't get in; throwing speculation and support to anything Skull Kid to continue to fuel the fire would help his chances as a DLC character?
I mean if there was smash ballot then the support could help, but if it's not smash ballot not sure if the support would help, I will definitely support either way of course this is assuming he doesn't get in, which i think is fairly unlikely.

Majora's Visage

Smash Journeyman
Forgive me if this has been spoken about before, but do you guys think Skull Kid would get his own stage? I would love to have the Clock Tower or Stone Tower Temple as a stage.

Shadownade

Smash Rookie
NNID
Shadownade
Forgive me if this has been spoken about before, but do you guys think Skull Kid would get his own stage? I would love to have the Clock Tower or Stone Tower Temple as a stage.
It'd be nice to see a new Zelda stage. For me, I feel the Great Plateau Tower was a bit lackluster in terms of a BotW stage, where there could've been SO much more to do considering how vast and varied that game's environment is. I'd love to hear new 'Smash-esque' remixes of Deku Palace or Stone Tower Temple to accompany Skull Kid into Ultimate.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I'm not expecting a new stage since Great Bay is from MM...but there is definitely room for more remixes of MM songs. We only have Termina so far, but it does seem that that one at least is getting a remix based on YL's character trailer.

MM did have some nice songs in it.

Majora's Visage

Smash Journeyman
I'm not expecting a new stage since Great Bay is from MM...but there is definitely room for more remixes of MM songs. We only have Termina so far, but it does seem that that one at least is getting a remix based on YL's character trailer.

MM did have some nice songs in it.
So many great songs. Stone Tower Temple, Deku Palace, Skull Kid Battle, Majora's Wrath, Clock Town, Song of Healing... the list goes on

Last edited:
Top Bottom