• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masked Marauders - Skull Kid For Smash! Night of the Last Day.

What's your favourite transformation in Majora's Mask?

• Deku Link

• Goron Link

• Zora Link

Results are only viewable after voting.

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
Why are people so dismissive about the furniture? Have we learned nothing about Sakurai? He trolls and messes with us any chance he gets. Does it stem from being afraid of being proven wrong? Can people just not accept subtlety? Genuinely curious.
Basically bc all the other times people read stuff he did as teasing (Pyrosphere shadow, trophy theory) they amounted to nothing
Aside from the Pseudo-Palutena trophy tease in that Direct (basically the only thing that trophy theory got "right"), when did Sakurai tease a character like that (as in, tease one day, and wait months to actually unveil the character)? Maybe Ness back in Brawl when he posted about Lucas? I really can't remember

I do think tho his absence as an AT can mean something

Last edited:

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
The furniture hint used to seem ridiculous to me, however when you look at the colors in Sakurai's E3 direct, both K Rool's colors and Simon's colors are present in the background. And not just similar colors, even the hues are spot on. K Rool has the dark green book, the crimson red for his cape, and the color scheme of subdued brownish / goldish on the big book and decor on the far right (that is also shared with Simon). Simon also has metallic grey silvery armor, which also has a corresponding book (to the right of the red one), and the fabric beneath Simon's armor is a very subdued shade of purple, which Sakurai is wearing.

This is the only reason I'm taking it seriously now, because it appears to have been proven with the E3 direct and the corresponding newcomers in the 08/08/18 direct. It's not a lock on Skull Kid lol. It's just either a monumental coincidence or Sakurai is having fun. Either way, I wouldn't be condescending to people speculating about the furniture because it seems to have some merit as of now. The next direct will prove whether we're going too far or not anyways.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
The furniture hint used to seem ridiculous to me, however when you look at the colors in Sakurai's E3 direct, both K Rool's colors and Simon's colors are present in the background. And not just similar colors, even the hues are spot on. K Rool has the dark green book, the crimson red for his cape, and the color scheme of subdued brownish / goldish on the big book and decor on the far right (that is also shared with Simon). Simon also has metallic grey silvery armor, which also has a corresponding book (to the right of the red one), and the fabric beneath Simon's armor is a very subdued shade of purple, which Sakurai is wearing.

This is the only reason I'm taking it seriously now, because it appears to have been proven with the E3 direct and the corresponding newcomers in the 08/08/18 direct. It's not a lock on Skull Kid lol. It's just either a monumental coincidence or Sakurai is having fun. Either way, I wouldn't be condescending to people speculating about the furniture because it seems to have some merit as of now. The next direct will prove whether we're going too far or not anyways.

I like seeing these theories in general. It is something nice to think about. I do agree though. The next Direct will undoubtedly prove if Skull Kid hints were being dropped or not.

Random question? Can someone list the LoZ characters in the game next to which game their appearance is taken from. I am not too good on all of the Zelda lore or which Link belongs in which game. I just thought it would be neat to see which games are being represented in Smash thus far. I know that the new Link is from Breath of the Wild, but not sure which games the rest originate from tbh.

There are so many Zelda games it makes my head spin at times.

Last edited:

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
I like seeing these theories in general. It is something nice to think about. I do agree though. The next Direct will undoubtedly prove if Skull Kid hints were being dropped or not.

Random question? Can someone list the LoZ characters in the game next to which game their appearance is taken from. I am not too good on all of the Zelda lore or which Link belongs in which game. I just thought it would be neat to see which games are being represented in Smash thus far. I know that the new Link is from Breath of the Wild, but not sure which game the rest originate from tbh.
:ultyounglink:OOT could be argued to be MM, but he's using OOT gear
:ultganondorf:OOT
:ultzelda:LTTP
:ultsheik:She is using the Sheikah amour from BOTW, but never appeared in BOTW, she originated in OOT and only appeared in OOT, besides spin offs
:ulttoonlink:WW
:ultlink:BOTW

Last edited:

SkulltulaKid

Smash Cadet
here's hoping…
Hope so as well. My one worry that has been in the back of my mind is that maybe fans didn't vote as much for Skullkid during the ballot because he was already an assist. Remember bringing him up during the ballot and some of the responses were "He's an assist."
But then again I think midna and Ghirahim were assists as well? and he did get a mii costume like K Rool, which may also mean he did the best amongst zelda. This is certainly good news for the ballot and Skullkid!

Last edited:
I feel like the best way Sakurai could tease us with Skull kid reveal is to start a countdown of 3 days before the reveal, MM style.
That would be tricky to do as it would be too obvious. Unless they confirm him before his reveal trailer which I don't see happening.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Awesome! Majora's Mask has someone perfect to represent it! Someone who is being teased I hope! ;)

Hope so as well. My one worry that has been in the back of my mind is that maybe fans didn't vote as much for Skullkid during the ballot because he was already an assist. Remember bring him up during the ballot and some of the responses were "He's an assist."
But then again I think midna and Ghirahim were assists as well? and he did get a mii costume like K Rool, which may also mean he did the best amongst zelda. This is certainly good news for the ballot and Skullkid!
There's no doubt he didn't place high. Honestly a lot of folks didn't even consider him as a possibility at all until today. However, that isn't an issue because I doubt Simon placed high either. Hell I'm pretty sure Shovel Knight and Ashley placed higher than him. I'm sure Sakurai isn't looking exclusively into the ballot and he recognizes the impact being an assist trophy would have on a character regarding whether they would recieve votes.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
There's no doubt he didn't place high. Honestly a lot of folks didn't even consider him as a possibility at all until today. However, that isn't an issue because I doubt Simon placed high either. Hell I'm pretty sure Shovel Knight and Ashley placed higher than him. I'm sure Sakurai isn't looking exclusively into the ballot and he recognizes the impact being an assist trophy would have on a character regarding whether they would recieve votes.
Good point. I still think back to when Sakurai revealed Skull Kid as an AT in Smash 4. He had to clarify to us the following: "Skull Kid is an AT. Not a fighter." Why would he have to clarify unless he knew people would flip their lids seeing such an iconic face in the game? I think his chances are as high as they were back before he was deconfirmed as an AT.

goodspeed87

Smash Journeyman
You all see Reggie had a SKULL KID statue on the counter for the Switch Reveal of Diablo III?!!!

No way that’s not a hint... of all the choices of countertop swag.

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464

There's a certain someone on Reggie's desk during the Diablo 3 announcement

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion

There's a certain someone on Reggie's desk during the Diablo 3 announcement
It's definitely interesting how in less than a week we've seen twice that figure of skull kid in some way from Nintendo. It's almost torture now, lol.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
It's a very classic pose for him, so I could definitely see them doing something similar!
I'm bet they will either go with his classic pose or the one they gave him for the 3DS version, or maybe it will be a total new pose… who knows. Sakurai sometimes goes for iconic poses, sometimes he just makes them up…
flat,1000x1000,075,f.jpg

That Laptop looks hilariously small compared to Reggie.
geez his hand is almost as big as the keyboard… his struggle must be real.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
:ultyounglink:OOT could be argued to be MM, but he's using OOT gear
:ultganondorf:OOT
:ultzelda:LTTP
:ultsheik:She is using the Sheikah amour from BOTW, but never appeared in BOTW, she originated in OOT and only appeared in OOT, besides spin offs
:ulttoonlink:WW
:ultlink:BOTW
I think it's interesting to point out, altho maybe it's already known… that Young link's video on the smashbros site has Termina field music in the background. I honestly wonder if they will even give him an alt skin with his sword and shield from MM… or if it will be a mix of OoT and MM references with this young link we're getting this time. I dunno.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Yeah, Young Link is definitely modeled after his OoT appearance, but they're doing a fair bit of Majora's Mask theming. Great Bay is back, there's a new mix of Termina Field...plus even that OoT incarnation has MM stuff in it, like the bow and the hookshot. Although it is the OoT hookshot. :estatic: It's a bit of an amalgamation. I kinda wish they'd just gone with his MM design and been done with it, but whatever. I'll take that good boy in whatever form I can!

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
I dunno how I feel about SK. I feel like I have as much reason to want him as not. I'm a half-supporter. I like him, I like his game (he was in Ocarina and TP, yes, but let's be honest the only appearance that matters is his MM appearance.) and would like for him to show up, but I'm willing to settle for boss battle. I just feel like there's an air of overconfidence, one that caught the Ashley fanbase a little bit before her Assist Trophy was revealed to be returning.

I will say this, though. Have we seen the bottom of Skull Kid's amiibo yet? Even though I highly doubt we'd see Skull Kid's Smash Amiibo before even Daisy and Ridley, much less the Direct 5. It's still worth noting bc it might be a Smash amiibo. We won't know until we get his trailer.

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
I dunno how I feel about SK. I feel like I have as much reason to want him as not. I'm a half-supporter. I like him, I like his game (he was in Ocarina and TP, yes, but let's be honest the only appearance that matters is his MM appearance.) and would like for him to show up, but I'm willing to settle for boss battle. I just feel like there's an air of overconfidence, one that caught the Ashley fanbase a little bit before her Assist Trophy was revealed to be returning.

I will say this, though. Have we seen the bottom of Skull Kid's amiibo yet? Even though I highly doubt we'd see Skull Kid's Smash Amiibo before even Daisy and Ridley, much less the Direct 5. It's still worth noting bc it might be a Smash amiibo. We won't know until we get his trailer.
Yeah, but Skull Kid actually has solid evidence for his inclusion unlike Ashley. (I don't mean to be rude twords ashley supporters cause I was one too, but skull kid's evidence is just better imo)

It's not a amiibo it's just a statue.

Last edited:

SkulltulaKid

Smash Cadet
B

Wait. He's getting an amiibo?? :o

Screwigi

Smash Rookie
I’m in on skull kid for smash ultimate and you have my support all the way to the end!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think skull kid supporters look overconfident because we went from "no chance" to high chance from rumors and teasers in such a short period of time

It's a rush of excitement

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just realized I've been posting in here for months and I'm not on the supporter list

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Sorry about that.

Be sure to check if you're on or not if you want to be on it. I might miss people, especially if you don't ask to be.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I just realized I've been posting in here for months and I'm not on the supporter list
Honestly as much as I want Skull kid naturally myself, the reason i'm mostly hyepd for him it's because loz18's source implied heavily that we could get him, even tho it couldn't confirm if as playable. The teasing and hints alone aside really would not be enough for me without a leaker's source heavily implying it as well. The combination of those things is the reason i'm so hyped about it. We might not get anything in the end of course… but at least i want to believe for the moment being.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
It just occured to me I'm not on the Supporter list either, and Skull Kid has been a want of mine for a very long time. Would love to be added!

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
This rush of hype is why I have been so adamant about taking the furniture "tease" or whatever with lots of grains of salt
There's always the possibility Skull Kid is just an AT, nothing is confirmed, don't set yourselves for possible disappointment

But I can't help it either. Seeing the Moon AT just revitalized my hope like no other, I don't think this happened anytime with me before with any character

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Why are people so dismissive about the furniture? Have we learned nothing about Sakurai? He trolls and messes with us any chance he gets. Does it stem from being afraid of being proven wrong? Can people just not accept subtlety? Genuinely curious.
I'm not afraid of being wrong, I just don't know who I think is or isn't likely anymore as this game's handling things very differently so I want people to not be overconfident on anything either. There's also people are saying that 'red eyes' comment he said was foreshadowing K.Rool and the Belmonts despite how if you took a close look at his eyes and zoomed in he eyes ARE a bit red. There's also toxicity. You guys saw how some Waluigi and Ashley fans reacted and I still remember the absolute meltdown a lot of K.Rool people had when Corrin and Bayonetta were the final DLC characters. There's also how some of the 'hints' clearly aren't hints, such as the instagram post and the Diablo III trailer

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
Consider me a supporter as well. I think post-Ridley/K. Rool, the new "big three" are shaping out to be Isaac, Skull Kid, and Geno... with a side of Banjo. Here's hoping we get as many of them as possible.

I'm torn on the furniture being a tease, I could see it both ways. But I think Skull Kid is the best choice for a Zelda rep that's not part of the Triforce, and would give Majora's Mask the representation it deserves.

Top Bottom