• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masked Marauders - Skull Kid For Smash! Night of the Last Day.

What's your favourite transformation in Majora's Mask?

• Deku Link

• Goron Link

• Zora Link

Results are only viewable after voting.

domokl

Smash Lord
Left hand kills it, the render is edited together from multiple sources it seems.
138B69BD-0FA0-4D23-BAC4-747117C42ACD.png

Fane

Smash Journeyman
Left hand kills it, the render is edited together from multiple sources it seems.
Well at least we can for a fact say it's a fake.

Doesn't change my stance on Skull Kid's inclusion. I feel like he's definitely going to be playable. They're definitely focusing on old fan favorites and there's been demand for a new LoZ rep, and with Majora's Mask's remake releasing around the time the final roster was completed, it just makes perfect sense for him to be included in the base roster.

And after Ridley and K. Rool's announcements, he's a no brainer.

Smady

Smash Master
I can't believe Skull Kid is remotely possible in the same game as K. Rool and Ridley. So many little hints. I'll try to not get my hopes up though, this would be such an awesome newcomer.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
That's one of the coolest things about Majora's Mask is the fantheories it spawned. I don't think any other Zelda game had gotten that much discussion.

The big one is that Midna's Fused Shadow resembles Majora's Mask

which lends to the idea that the 'dark interlopers' that Lanayru talked about in that freakish cutscene was actually the Terminans, which connects since they were always the broody counterparts to the Hylians.

Also, there's the fantheory that Majora was actually a goddess that fell from the pantheon, which I also love. I need to see if I can find that site with all the photographic evidence...
What upsets me about Skull Kid... is that the Moon should then not be an assist trophy. Not just because Its an unnecessary take away from his given Final Smash... but because that takes an Assist Trophy away from LoZ. If other highly prominent characters cannot be playable, cant we at least get them as ATs? I'm looking at you champions and Vaati.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Also, there's the fantheory that Majora was actually a goddess that fell from the pantheon, which I also love. I need to see if I can find that site with all the photographic evidence...
By the way, I forgot to say this yesterday, but I love this theory too. I've always thought of Majora as a lady, and while there's not a ton of evidence to support the ex-goddess theory, I do enjoy it myself.

Graizen

Smash Champion
OK , now i will Support him!
Becouse if THIS IS NOT A TEASER , I DONT KNOW WHAT IT IS!

Dku7D8_V4AApmK3.jpg

From the Diablo 3 Trailer , Regie has a SKULL KID on his desk!
WHY?!

Nazyrus

Smash Champion

View attachment 158178

WHY?!
So first the Nintendo UK instagram post… NOW THIS. Yeah… call me crazy all you want people… He IS in. The amount of teasing is way too much now to be ignored or called "coincidence".

WertQuadNine

Smash Journeyman

View attachment 158178

WHY?!
Pause, pause.
I don't think this is a direct link or tease to Smash, BUT I do think that it shows how recognizable Skull Kid is to Nintendo / Zelda. It does raise his chances a little bit I wanna say.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Hey there. I know this is going to sound ridiculous but I want to ask all of you a favour. I was one of those people who was stupid enough to buy into the Ridley shadow conspiracy theories and **** back in 2014, and after 4 years, I'm no longer a teenager and have matured a lot if I do say so myself. The reason I'm saying this is, please don't put your expectations so high. Yes, Skull Kid's popping up an awful lot and it makes sense, but please don't be 2014 me. Try to prepare yourselves in case Skull Kid doesn't happen, which as unlikely as some of you may think it seems, is still a possibility.

That being said even if I'm pessimistic, sign me up, Majora's Mask is a game I've never gotten to play but has always fascinated me since I saw Chuggaaconroy's lets play on it all these years ago and Majora's one of my favourite Zelda villains as a result.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
At the very least, it shows that even dominant Nintendo employees believe him to be of importance to the franchise by displaying him like that. However, I don't see it having much importance to Smash Bros specifically, and it's important that we don't get too hung up on it either.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I think we'll get 5-6 new characters left at most, and I have no idea on echo fighters. Bandana Dee, Geno, the gen 7 Pokemon rep, after the Shovel Knight AT reveal Shantae shot up into my potential most possible characters, Isaac if that Sakurai tweet of the Rathalos image is indeed true, and Skull Kid is starting to look more probable.

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Ridley situation and Skull kid situation is nowhere comparable lol. There was like one hint per year for ridley and it was always vague as hell, plus no leaker with credibility mentioned it either. Unlike Skull kid, which has piled up quite a lot of teases and hints and a leaker with some sort of credibility has almost security about him. I will, of course, take everything with a grain of salt and prepare myself for disappointment, but i'm sure we are gonna be treated well with this one.

Last edited:
No question about it Skull Kid has the most evidence in favor of him in the history of Smash Bros characters period. Like literally everyday something pops up about the boy.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I see the skull kid statue as less of a hint, more like the staff set up reggie's desk to make it full of Zelda goodies, foreshadowing the Zelda content in Diablo III. It is not a hint to his inclusion Smash IMO.

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
About these rumored screenshots, I'm inclined to think they're fake because I have a gut feeling that Isabelle won't be an Echo, but I don't have any evidence
However it's noteworthy to keep an eye on it I guess since so much leaks that nobody gave credit for ended up being true in the past

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
The screenshots have already been proven fake due to the left hand, haven't they? It's too similar to ignore, and although the tentacles would be extra effort, I don't see it totally unreasonable for fakers to do this. The unfortunate thing about fake screenshots is they happen every Smash game, but with each Smash game, technology also improves, so many of them end up being on the edge of "I don't think so, but could be real".

We'll need to be careful when it comes to screenshots... As exciting as the overload of hints are for Skull Kid these days, I'd hate for us to turn into Waluigi fan-base 2.0 and get too bitter if (God help us) he does end up getting murdered over the next few Directs.

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
The screenshots have already been proven fake due to the left hand, haven't they? It's too similar to ignore, and although the tentacles would be extra effort, I don't see it totally unreasonable for fakers to do this. The unfortunate thing about fake screenshots is they happen every Smash game, but with each Smash game, technology also improves, so many of them end up being on the edge of "I don't think so, but could be real".

We'll need to be careful when it comes to screenshots... As exciting as the overload of hints are for Skull Kid these days, I'd hate for us to turn into Waluigi fan-base 2.0 and get too bitter if (God help us) he does end up getting murdered over the next few Directs.
The screenshots look ugly as hell anyway, and the render doesn't look as polished as the rest of the characters in the roster. As much as I want him in, I really couldn't buy that "leak" at all since the first time I saw it on 4chan.

And don't worry, we're definitely better than the waluigi fanbase, we have standards lol. If Skull kid appeared as an AT sometime now, I would accept our loss instead of keep whinning about it like the waluigi fanbase does atm (or the Ashley one for that matter, altho that one is not as bad)

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
And about the "teases", I don't think any of them mean anything. The furniture was just a coincidence, the Diablo trailer has absolutely nothing to do with Smash and they also had Mario and Donkey Kong stuff there, plus the Instagram post could be just taking advantage of people talking about Skull Kid to make a post that would be popular. Nintendo does not revolve around Smash
The only thing Skull Kid has going for him is the Moon AT, other than that I don't think there has been any teasing

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
And about the "teases", I don't think any of them mean anything. The furniture was just a coincidence, the Diablo trailer has absolutely nothing to do with Smash and they also had Mario and Donkey Kong stuff there, plus the Instagram post could be just taking advantage of people talking about Skull Kid to make a post that would be popular. Nintendo does not revolve around Smash
The only thing Skull Kid has going for him is the Moon AT, other than that I don't think there has been any teasing
100% agreed. I want Skull Kid in the game as much as anyone else, but the chairs and couch mean absolutely nothing. The worst part is, if he gets in, everyone is going to say they were right about the chairs.

The chairs, and especially the couch, are absolutely some of the funniest examples of grasping at straws I've ever seen.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
So, I had this belief for a long time that Skull Kid was extremely popular during the Brawl era. Whenever people mention certain big support groups, Geno, Ridley, Sonic, Mega Man, and Skull Kid get commonly mentioned.

Was the Brawl support never that immensely big? How big was it actually?

I know in pre-Smash 4, Skull Kid boomed in popularity, but now I'm unsure of Brawl support.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I can only see this leak being true if nintendo announces both isabelle and skull kid next direct( which should be in the next 2-3 weeks) and a new demo build for gamescon with those characters + K. Rool and both belmonts, which I highly doubt it.
No, it shouldn't. Save for very specific scenarios, Directs are broadcast every two months. So don't expect anything until October. I can't think of reasons as to why we would get another Direct in two to three weeks.

Which brings me to the point: October can come soon enough. Getting a Skull Kid reveal in my birthday month would make me like birthdays for the first time in my life.

Last edited:

BelgianSmasher

Smash Rookie
Hi ! The instagram post is like a lot of post in the instragram of nintendouk. There's some picture with statue of link,...

...But you can write my name on the fan list of skull kid. I WANT HIM SO HARD !!!!!

SkulltulaKid

Smash Cadet
Ridley situation and Skull kid situation is nowhere comparable lol. There was like one hint per year for ridley and it was always vague as hell, plus no leaker with credibility mentioned it either. Unlike Skull kid, which has piled up quite a lot of teases and hints and a leaker with some sort of credibility has almost security about him. I will, of course, take everything with a grain of salt and prepare myself for disappointment, but i'm sure we are gonna be treated well with this one.
Yeah he's piled up mounds of stuff in just over a week! It's become like a daily occurrence now! :)

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Yeah he's piled up mounds of stuff in just over a week! It's become like a daily occurrence now!
It's scary how true this is actually. I don't remember Nintendo ever showing a character this often for basically no reason whatsoever. If they do it again, oh boy… three times a charm , or so the saying goes. It can always mean nothing, but we can't ever deny how unusual this amount of skull kid showing is. We haven't seen him this often since the HD remake came to 3DS.

Why are people so dismissive about the furniture? Have we learned nothing about Sakurai? He trolls and messes with us any chance he gets. Does it stem from being afraid of being proven wrong? Can people just not accept subtlety? Genuinely curious.

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
Why are people so dismissive about the furniture? Have we learned nothing about Sakurai? He trolls and messes with us any chance he gets. Does it stem from being afraid of being proven wrong? Can people just not accept subtlety? Genuinely curious.
Yeah I agree, call me crazy, but I whole heartly believe the furniture.

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Honestly, I admit it would be hilarious that despite all this "teasing", Skull Kid doesn't make it in as a character. But no, I don't want to jinx it, we need our masked menace in the game.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
It mostly comes from long-time Smash fans (if you notice, many who head the warning are K. Rool/Ridley fans from past games, among other tough fan-bases) who have seen a lot of **** and disappointment over the years due to excessive straw-grasping. It happens to a fair share of fan-bases every game (but exponentially since Brawl's speculation days), and people are just looking out so that others don't suffer the same pain if their beloved character they were so sure was getting in gets deconfirmed. Deconfirmations sadly cause a lot of anger, hatred and entitlement. It tends to be tamer around here (has gotten pretty freaking ugly at times though even here), but not so much on most gaming sites where Smash speculation goes on where the hatred can reach criminal levels.

It's only a game, but that's sadly how things are, lol.

Last edited:
It mostly comes from long-time Smash fans (if you notice, many who head the warning are K. Rool/Ridley fans from past games, among other tough fan-bases) who have seen a lot of **** and disappointment over the years due to excessive straw-grasping. It happens to a fair share of fan-bases every game (but exponentially since Brawl's speculation days), and people are just looking out so that others don't suffer the same pain if their beloved character they were so sure was getting in gets deconfirmed. Deconfirmations sadly cause a lot of anger, hatred and entitlement. It tends to be tamer around here (has gotten pretty freaking ugly at times though even here), but not so much on most gaming sites where Smash speculation goes on where the hatred can reach criminal levels.

I can understand that but I feel there should be a middle ground. It's our own responsibility to keep our emotions in check. You can't blame anyone else but yourself.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
I can understand that but I feel there should be a middle ground. It's our own responsibility to keep our emotions in check. You can't blame anyone else but yourself.
I agree 100%, but I'm just telling it the way it has been as a speculator for the past 12+ years who has seen a lot of immaturity.

Personally, I'd obviously be ecstatic if Skull Kid were playable, but if he does end up being a boss, I'm positive they'd at least make it into something spectacular (and boss status is better than AT status!). If he ends up being an AT again, that'd of course be a little disappointing, but certainly not the end of the world. Smash Ultimate has tonnes of other great things to offer, and to be angry would be childish.

At the end of the day, Skull Kid is a character people have been sleeping on for a very long time now. Up until a week ago, you really didn't see him at the tip of many people's tongues, but at the same time, few people disliked the idea of having Skull Kid in Smash; most people were actually receptive to the idea. The fact that his support has exploded so much at the slightest hint does bode well for him. Skull Kid was popular back in the Brawl days, and even more-so for Smash 4, and Sakurai certainly knows that (he went out of his way to repeat that Skull Kid was an AT when it was announced). That is arguably the best thing he has going for him right now along with Majora's Mask 3D being released at around the same time that the roster was likely decided. Just look at King K. Rool and Ridley and how fan service-y Smash Ultimate is shaping up to be. If there is a good time to be a part of a previously popular fan-base like Skull Kid's, it's now, and that alone is pretty exciting.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
People like to mention Skull Kid as a boss, but honestly, he makes no sense as a boss. He was never a boss fight in Majora's Mask. Majora's Wrath I could see as a boss, but Skull Kid himself doesn't really make sense.

If we get a Zelda boss, I'd like either Gohma due to how common it is, or something from Twilight Princess, because if get Skull Kid and SS Impa, TP will be the only 3D Zelda game without a playable character

Armorgohma liked to show up a fair bit in promotion and other tech demos, and then there's Stallord who was really popular and got to be in Crossbow Training

Last edited:

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
People like to mention Skull Kid as a boss, but honestly, he makes no sense as a boss. He was never a boss fight in Majora's Mask. Majora's Wrath I could see as a boss, but Skull Kid himself doesn't really make sense.

If we get a Zelda boss, I'd like either Gohma due to how common it is, or something from Twilight Princess, because if get Skull Kid and SS Impa, TP will be the only 3D Zelda game without a playable character

Armorgohma liked to show up a fair bit in promotion and other tech demos, and then there's Stallord who was really popular and got to be in Crossbow Training
Stallord would be awesome as a boss, I would love to see that.

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine

I was around for most of 4's speculation and i dont remember the hate being as bad as it was now with Ashley and Waluigi fans. Ridley fans were pretty disappointed with him being a boss (again) but my interactions with them when the Krystal Ridley alliance was a thing was pretty positive even when he was deconfirmed.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I feel like the best way Sakurai could tease us with Skull kid reveal is to start a countdown of 3 days before the reveal, MM style.

Top Bottom