• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masked Marauders - Skull Kid For Smash! Night of the Last Day.

What's your favourite transformation in Majora's Mask?

• Deku Link

• Goron Link

• Zora Link

Results are only viewable after voting.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
So a big Skull Kid supporter went ahead and made a Skull Kid for Smash server, I’ll leave the invite link here if anyone’s is interested.

Lenidem

Smash Lord
It's nice to see some life in this topic. I don't have a Twitter account, but I think about creating one just for that, though I have no talent in drawing or anything, and don't have much time.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
It's nice to see some life in this topic. I don't have a Twitter account, but I think about creating one just for that, though I have no talent in drawing or anything, and don't have much time.
Anything works really, even tweets.

You can even join the Skull Kid server too that Joy was linked.

As long as all Skull Kid fans band together and campaign for him.

Last edited:

DualGaming

Smash Apprentice
Anything works really, even tweets.

You can even join the Skull Kid server too that Joy was linked.

As long as all Skull Kid fans band together and campaign for him.
That's the only thing I really want. I want us to band together and maybe even band with a few other Assist fans (Isaac, Shovel Knight, Ashley, Waluigi etc.). Once we think we have enough support we might push for DLC. I just want to see the Skull Kid fans alive and well. I want to see the same amount of support that we had in August! Iwas really worried about you guys, you know! I've heard you haven't been doing too well.

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
Sign me up for support y'all, I have no clue why I haven't asked already. Skull Kid is an awesome character and deserves to be way more than just a substandard AT.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I haven't updated the op in a while.

Interesting that people even now what to be added to the support list

Last edited:

DualGaming

Smash Apprentice
Sign me up for support y'all, I have no clue why I haven't asked already. Skull Kid is an awesome character and deserves to be way more than just a substandard AT.
Alright then, here's the discord server for Skull Kid: https://discord.gg/mZsZrU and here's the discord server for Assist Trophies: https://discord.gg/qaX2CH Before hoping into the AT one, I just need to say that for now we're just trying to get attention and help out others who may be in danger, because their favorite Assist Trophy that they wanted to join in as a fighter isn't getting enough attention. Much later one (once we think we have enough people there) we could try and push for DLC. Also the AT discord is in it's early stages for now.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
You know a thought, Skull Kid is probably the most prominent character in the game who isn't a playable character (except for maybe a boss)

- Not only is he an assist trophy but do is his most iconic attack
- He has an evolving spirit, with his evolved spirit being a very powerful legendary spirit
- We have his Mii costume obviously, but the Majora's Mask returns as a separate headgear
- A part of the Mii costume appears on the main menu when hovering over the Vault
His spirit battle was even thoughtfully placed in the forest area in the Zelda section of World of light

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
Doesn't Isaac do at least as good though?
Yeah both Isaac and Skull Kid are highly prominent. Isaac has a Mii costume, the only character who was a cut AT to return beside Gray Fox who was tied to Snake and the only veteran assist to get an expanded moveset, he has an upgradeable spirit and the Golden Sun series has the most spirits from a non playable series after Rhythm Heaven and of course we have two tracks in the game.

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
So apparently Mii Brawler got a whole bunch of buffs in the most recent version patch. Good news for Skull Kid Mii mains like myself!

DualGaming

Smash Apprentice
So apparently Mii Brawler got a whole bunch of buffs in the most recent version patch. Good news for Skull Kid Mii mains like myself!
Although I'm not a Mii Brawler main, I still want to support Skull kid and his fans as much as possible! I really hope he gets in as DLC someday in Super Smash Bros Ultimate! Wave 2 DLC, maybe? First we should gather all of the Skull kid fans together, then push for DLC!

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Although I'm not a Mii Brawler main, I still want to support Skull kid and his fans as much as possible! I really hope he gets in as DLC someday in Super Smash Bros Ultimate! Wave 2 DLC, maybe? First we should gather all of the Skull kid fans together, then push for DLC!
I think if you guys really ever want Skull Kid in Smash, you should all start a campaign right now early on before there might be another Smash Ballot in the future. We :ultkrool: fans had #KrocTheVote during the last Smash Ballot, you guys should have something like
#BringTheMoonDown as of right now and #MoonTheVote for Smash Ballot 2 if it happens.

DualGaming

Smash Apprentice
I think if you guys really ever want Skull Kid in Smash, you should all start a campaign right now early on before there might be another Smash Ballot in the future. We :ultkrool: fans had #KrocTheVote during the last Smash Ballot, you guys should have something like
#BringTheMoonDown as of right now and #MoonTheVote for Smash Ballot 2 if it happens.
That's a good idea! We could try that, right guys? We don't really have anything to lose anyways. It'll be hard to get all of the Skull Kid fans together, but if we really try, we can do it! I know we can!!!

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
That's a good idea! We could try that, right guys? We don't really have anything to lose anyways. It'll be hard to get all of the Skull Kid fans together, but if we really try, we can do it! I know we can!!!
If you Read back you'll see there is already An active campaign for assist-support, but more exposure is always better

DualGaming

Smash Apprentice
If you Read back you'll see there is already An active campaign for assist-support, but more exposure is always better
Wait, there is?! Is it the assist alliance thing or something else?

Last edited:

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of Skull Kid, that potential game I mentioned a couple pages back that I thought could work as an album? The teaser trailer is now up!

DualGaming

Smash Apprentice
Speaking of Skull Kid, that potential game I mentioned a couple pages back that I thought could work as an album? The teaser trailer is now up!

Great video! The music sounds awesome!!!

Also, I don't think I mentioned this, but I've made a Twitter account dedicated to Skull kid! It's called Night of the Moon Rising and I share it with JoyStar! Check it out here: https://mobile.twitter.com/NightoftheMoon1

Quillion

Smash Hero
I find it rather commendable that demand for Skull Kid has outlasted that of the other one-shots like Ghirahim, Midna, the Champions, and Tetra. And that is after Skull Kid was resigned to Assist Trophy-hood.

So tell me guys, what is it that puts Skull Kid head and shoulders above the other one-shots? I know part of it is how TP and SS is the collective dark age of the 3D games and the Champions are underwhelming characters. Is there any other reason more than that?

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I find it rather commendable that demand for Skull Kid has outlasted that of the other one-shots like Ghirahim, Midna, the Champions, and Tetra. And that is after Skull Kid was resigned to Assist Trophy-hood.

So tell me guys, what is it that puts Skull Kid head and shoulders above the other one-shots? I know part of it is how TP and SS is the collective dark age of the 3D games and the Champions are underwhelming characters. Is there any other reason more than that?
He's a sad and interesting villain, from a game with what was initially sort of a cult following that seems to have grown into a much more mainstream appreciation. It may never hold a candle to people's perception of Ocarina of Time, but the game he represents is one of the most interesting in the Zelda series. Furthermore, his partnership with the mask he wears has the potential for a very interesting moveset. Beyond that, Majora's Mask has never had a proper representative in Smash; Young Link is based on his OoT appearance.

For me, it's a combination of all these things. I love his character, his moveset potential is excellent, and I want his game represented through more than just a stage, because it's my favorite game.

Quillion

Smash Hero
He's a sad and interesting villain, from a game with what was initially sort of a cult following that seems to have grown into a much more mainstream appreciation. It may never hold a candle to people's perception of Ocarina of Time, but the game he represents is one of the most interesting in the Zelda series. Furthermore, his partnership with the mask he wears has the potential for a very interesting moveset. Beyond that, Majora's Mask has never had a proper representative in Smash; Young Link is based on his OoT appearance.

For me, it's a combination of all these things. I love his character, his moveset potential is excellent, and I want his game represented through more than just a stage, because it's my favorite game.
I definitely think Skull Kid represents Zelda's golden age alongside Oot Link, Zelda, and Ganon. That era was undoutedly Zelda at its peak.

Personally, I don't get all of this fighting over whether ALttP, OoT, and MM are the best. I think it's easiest for everyone to agree that they are Zelda's collective golden age.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I dunno. OoT and ALttP are both great games, but personally I find them a tad overrated, just for my own tastes. For 2D games, I find the Oracle games to be the best offering, and I definitely think it's a shame the third one had to be cancelled. I'll never dispute that those two are good though!

DualGaming

Smash Apprentice
I made a skull kid twitter account a while back, I think I have a link to it in the op
You made the Masked Marauders Twitter account?! Nice! I respect that!... Well, I made that account for Smash DLC + JoyStar worked hard on the avatar.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I dunno. OoT and ALttP are both great games, but personally I find them a tad overrated, just for my own tastes. For 2D games, I find the Oracle games to be the best offering, and I definitely think it's a shame the third one had to be cancelled. I'll never dispute that those two are good though!
Holy ****! There was suppose to be a third game?! I didn't know that.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Holy ****! There was suppose to be a third game?! I didn't know that.
Yeah, it was too complicated to connect all three of them, since they would have had to account for any completion order of the three.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Yeah, it was too complicated to connect all three of them, since they would have had to account for any completion order of the three.
This is also why Farore exists; she was obviously supposed to get her own game too. On top of that, the game that became Seasons was initially planned as a remake of Zelda 1, which is why over half of the bosses are from that game and why a few of the dungeon entrances resemble Zelda 1's as well. Finally, the third game was supposed to have a color mechanic, which carried over into the game that became Ages.

I'd love it if they remade the original Oracle games and then added a third one, because carrying over save data is so much easier nowadays. It probably won't happen though.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
This is also why Farore exists; she was obviously supposed to get her own game too. On top of that, the game that became Seasons was initially planned as a remake of Zelda 1, which is why over half of the bosses are from that game and why a few of the dungeon entrances resemble Zelda 1's as well. Finally, the third game was supposed to have a color mechanic, which carried over into the game that became Ages.

I'd love it if they remade the original Oracle games and then added a third one, because carrying over save data is so much easier nowadays. It probably won't happen though.
Man I wish Nintendo would remake OOT on the Switch and put the unreleased 64DD expansion Ura Zelda in it. A man can dream right?!

Last edited:

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Let's get MM with it please!

Oh, and maybe they can port the BS games which were lost to time as well. What a shame about those.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Let's get MM with it please!

Oh, and maybe they can port the BS games which were lost to time as well. What a shame about those.
The more Sattelaview games, the better. Even if it's the Zelda ones.

And question, how would you all feel about the Skull Kid species appearing in a future Zelda game, say a BOTW sequel?

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
The more Sattelaview games, the better. Even if it's the Zelda ones.

And question, how would you all feel about the Skull Kid species appearing in a future Zelda game, say a BOTW sequel?
That would be cool, though I'd want MM Skull Kid in particular to make an appearance as well.

Top Bottom