• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masked Marauders - Skull Kid For Smash! Night of the Last Day.

What's your favourite transformation in Majora's Mask?

• Deku Link

• Goron Link

• Zora Link

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dr Bones

Smash Cadet
the models of those "leaks" are clearly his assist trophy, as Mr Nintendo pointed out his fingers are fused, just like his AT. which would be why the picture is so blurry, if it wasn't there would be no dispute.

The red alt just changed the color of his mask and trim to black, his hat and clothes are still orange.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
You already know my stance on them. Haha The fairies are lazy and uncreative. I really hope Sakurai see pass them.
Just because you don't like the idea it doesn't mean it is lazy and uncreative. I think having Talt and Tael help him in some of his moves is a fantastic idea.

Mehdow

Smash Journeyman
I keep thinking in what happened this week and what could happen today and on Friday...

They added 2 characters to the blog (monday - tuesday), so if a new character will be revealed this week (seeing how today is an AT), it must be on friday.
Having 2 characters revealed early this week and then a surprising new character at the end of the week would make sense and would continue with the "3 characters per week".

If not, what could be revealed tomorrow, a stage perhaps?

P.S: [hype mode enabled] maybe today (in around 6h 20m) we get a direct announced for tomorrow, or maybe today is the day they'll show the direct and then add the character tomorrow in the blog

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
The fairies would be a good addition to his moveset IMO. Every character needs weak, basic attacks like punches and kicks: not every one of Skull Kid's moves needs to be earth shattering or moon summoning.

Kensho

Smash Apprentice
The fairies would be a good addition to his moveset IMO. Every character needs weak, basic attacks like punches and kicks: not every one of Skull Kid's moves needs to be earth shattering or moon summoning.
It would also be pretty boring if all weak attacks were variants of "small dark magic ball", so I also vote Yes on fairies. Besides, the chair theory hinges on them :p

SmushBoy

Smash Rookie
3 hours and 45 minutes to find out...
Sakurai just said that they are slowing down, don't expect a direct until like the beginning of November.
Although it dosen't make sense for him to say that just to update the character playlist a few days later, continuing the pattern. But the update could just mean nothing. :upsidedown:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I don't expect a direct at all, I'm expecting something akin to how they revealed Robin in Smash 3DS/WiiU

But I don't expect it until next week. It's too late to announce it for this week.

ThomasMagmar

Smash Cadet
I think Tatl and Tael are counted among Skull Kid. There could be some attacks with them like it is in Hyrule Warriors. But I hope it won't be too much. I don't like the playstyle of Rosalina.

There are so many hints that Skull Kid is in ultimate but none of them show that he isn't a boss, but I am optimistic that he is playable.
I believe in the chair theory and it don't make sense that Sakurai will give us a hint for only a boss.

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
The thing about tael and tatl, I dont want Skull Kid feel like he's sitting back while the fairies do the work, it just looks boring imo, however having them in 1 or 2 moves is the ideal for me, not representing them would be dumb.

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
The thing about tael and tatl, I dont want Skull Kid feel like he's sitting back while the fairies do the work, it just looks boring imo, however having them in 1 or 2 moves is the ideal for me, not representing them would be dumb.
I imiagine that Tatl and Tael would be used for maybe just the side-B attack and that's it, similar to Mario's cape.

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
I imiagine that Tatl and Tael would be used for maybe just the side-B attack and that's it, similar to Mario's cape.
I was kind of was thinking his side b could be him blowing the horn and the a puppet from TP came rushing at you

Last edited:

_sneaK

Smash Apprentice
I could see them being used for grabs, and or pummels

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I was kind of was thinking his side b could be him blowing the horn and the a puppet from TP came rushing at you
I was imagining that as his down special. :laugh: I see the fairies as his jabs and maybe his pummel, but not much beyond that. I could also see the grab being a Majora tendril, so maybe then the pummel would be related to that instead.

_sneaK

Smash Apprentice
I was imagining that as his down special. :laugh: I see the fairies as his jabs and maybe his pummel, but not much beyond that. I could also see the grab being a Majora tendril, so maybe then the pummel would be related to that instead.
Don't forget they could just do away with it all and he uses dark magic like he does in Hyrule Warriors, his b could be a charge that when used at full detonates like a bomb of magic like he has in HW

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
Oooh, having a Majora tendril as his grab would be cool!

ThomasMagmar

Smash Cadet
I think there are many different movesets for him. He was in 3 different games and still has a moveset in Hyrule Warriors. Even Captain Falcon became a moveset, so it should be no problem to find something for SK, especially he has magic, fees and some instruments.
Also the speculations for his possible final flash the moon or majoras wrath.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1050355340162805761?s=20
Well another first tweet not about smash, fingers crossed for 10:00 tweets
The amiibos will appear at 7.december, the same day like SSB Ultimate. That means oclotling confirmed as inklings echo :-P

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
I just had a thought; why should being a one shot Zelda character matter when characters like Lucina, Robin, Corrin, & even Chrom all were one shots themselves (not counting crossovers or Fire Emblem Heroes)? I don't think they have had any part in the other main series games except Crossovers (correct me if I'm wrong).

_sneaK

Smash Apprentice
I just had a thought; why should being a one shot Zelda character matter when characters like Lucina, Robin, Corrin, & even Chrom all were one shots themselves (not counting crossovers or Fire Emblem Heroes)? I don't think they have had any part in the other main series games except Crossovers (correct me if I'm wrong).
The argument against it is fire emblem has new cast of characters every game, while Zelda is usually the same 3 people reincarnated every game, so finding characters with a sense much impact/importance as Link, Zelda, and Ganon isn't the easiest.

Especially when the reincarnated triforce wielders are the main characters of every game, and Fire Emblem has new protagonists every game, I believe the last time Fire Emblem had a game with the same characters as protagonists was way back in the 90s with Thracia 776

Last edited:

Mehdow

Smash Journeyman
The argument against it is fire emblem has new cast of characters every game, while Zelda is usually the same 3 people reincarnated every game, so finding characters with a sense much impact/importance as Link, Zelda, and Ganon isn't the easiest.
True. That's why I think the "villain" theme in this new Smash is a great opportunity to include characters like Skull Kid.

Most of actual ones are just the main characters of their respective series, but only a few are the villains.... I think it's their turn.

Usually the main antagonist in a game/series is someone who you heard about the entire game, about how powerful they are.... being the final battle against them the climax. Having the chance to control them in a fighting game is something very interesting in my opinion.

Last edited:

ActualGarbage

Smash Ace
I feel the only other characters who would actually work for Smash who have shown up multiple times is Skull Kid and Impa. Sure, there's others who show up multiple times too, but they're not exactly set for Smashing.

_sneaK

Smash Apprentice
I feel the only other characters who would actually work for Smash who have shown up multiple times is Skull Kid and Impa. Sure, there's others who show up multiple times too, but they're not exactly set for Smashing.
All the Tingle fans seemed to have forgotten he's in great bay as well.

_sneaK

Smash Apprentice
Anyone else convinced that it's going to be an October direct but no November direct?

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I think a proper Direct early November, and if we're lucky a standalone reveal this month. Maybe next week?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Just to play devils advocate Alfonso is a thing.
I'd think the big difference would be that characters can actually interact with Tingle in the Great Bay stage, while they can't interact with Toon Link in the Spirit Tracks stage.

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
I'd think the big difference would be that characters can actually interact with Tingle in the Great Bay stage, while they can't interact with Toon Link in the Spirit Tracks stage.
Huh hadn't thought of that, guess they could get rid of that interaction and remove him entirely.
But yeah the interaction aspect is different from toon link and king dedede, so I guess I could see it as a deconfimation in some fashion, cause I dont have anything to really base it off of.

Last edited:
Top Bottom