• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masked Marauders - Skull Kid For Smash! Night of the Last Day.

What's your favourite transformation in Majora's Mask?

• Deku Link

• Goron Link

• Zora Link

Results are only viewable after voting.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
He knows another newcomer and he says it's implied to be Skull Kid.

I'm curious on timing though, did he say this before or after the direct?
I think the better question is did he say this before the Skull Kid speculation explosion.
He said there are at least two more newcomers, and that one of them was heavily implied to be Skull Kid. I believe he said it on Wednesday, after the Direct. I think it was before all the wild speculation took off, but I'm not a hundred percent sure of it. All these events were pretty damn concurrent, considering the Direct is what helped the speculation take off in the first place.

EDIT: Here are his exact words.

At least two newcomers, one of them is strongly implied to be Skull Kid. More echo fighters coming too.
The timestamp on this was 8/8/2018, 11:40 AM. I think PT, because that's my time zone, but I'm not sure.

Last edited:
He said there are at least two more newcomers, and that one of them was heavily implied to be Skull Kid. I believe he said it on Wednesday, after the Direct. I think it was before all the wild speculation took off, but I'm not a hundred percent sure of it. All these events were pretty damn concurrent, considering the Direct is what helped the speculation take off in the first place.

EDIT: Here are his exact words.

The timestamp on this was 8/8/2018, 11:40 AM. I think PT, because that's my time zone, but I'm not sure.
I was the one that discovered the chair theory and made a post on reddit which amped up the Skull Kid speculation ten fold. I know this because the exact same image I used has been circling around and my post gained a lot of traction. I made that post on the tenth of August which would be some time after that leak. If what you're saying is true then holy ****.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Skull Kid is honestly one of my hypest wishes at the moment. Mostly cause I feel like Geno is such a shoe in and have less attachment to him; but still! This is despite the fact that I've never played Majora's Mask before. I guess I just have a soft spot for villains who are out of their minds.

Whit

Smash Journeyman
Just some visuals I whipped up for the furniture argument. I think things are looking Skull Kid boys.

From E3:
king k rool.jpg

From the August Smash direct:

majora.jpg

SkulltulaKid

Smash Cadet
I think the better question is did he say this before the Skull Kid speculation explosion.
Pretty sure it was before the speculation and before that chairs thing. But after the K Rool reveal because the topic he revealed Skullkid in said "Loz18 knew about K Rool."

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
We're still talking about furniture.....

The thing that really got people talking about Skull Kid, was first the moon. That's the really curious thing. Moon is an assist trophy with no sign of Skull Kid

Jeanne

Smash Apprentice
I am more of a Majora supporter but if having Skull Kid in means we can have Majora ditch his host and become the vile terror you see in the end game then I am in full support of his inclusion!

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
Frankly, if they want to give Toon Link his own villain, it should be Vaati.
Vaati would be fantastic for Toon Link's rival. It's a shame that Nintendo seems to avoid acknowledging the Capcom Zelda games though so I doubt it would ever happen.

SkulltulaKid

Smash Cadet
I am more of a Majora supporter but if having Skull Kid in means we can have Majora ditch his host and become the vile terror you see in the end game then I am in full support of his inclusion!
Also really hoping for some Majora in the moveset and Majora's Wrath for the final smash. :)

Last edited:

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I was the one that discovered the chair theory and made a post on reddit which amped up the Skull Kid speculation ten fold. I know this because the exact same image I used has been circling around and my post gained a lot of traction. I made that post on the tenth of August which would be some time after that leak. If what you're saying is true then holy ****.
Here's a link to the exact post. https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/76883130/906503797

Jeanne

Smash Apprentice
Also really hoping for some Majora in the moveset and Majora's Wrath for the final smash. :)
Yeah I'd really like to see him do twitchy movements or move his limbs like a marionette or something like that. Haha maybe you can knock Majora off Skull Kid's face as his recovery and he becomes Majora's incarnation and he has his own limited moveset but is like a super light weight or something :p

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
I've rocked this avatar for ages without the slightest expectation of him being in the game... all these leaks and speculations are blowing my damn mind!

He could be so epic...

Time to go back through this thread and see what people are thinking about his movesets because it so open ended to me... he is such a freak show. I think it's also time to replay MM, I think it's been long enough >:D

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Vaati would be fantastic for Toon Link's rival. It's a shame that Nintendo seems to avoid acknowledging the Capcom Zelda games though so I doubt it would ever happen.
What's weird is that they only developed one of the games Vaati was in. You're right though, it's a shame the Capcom games have been kind of shafted. I do wish there were more references to the Oracle games throughout the series; those are a pair of my favorites.

Anyway, it seems LoZ18 leaked Skull Kid before the speculation took off. It's not a confirmation by any means, but he has been right up until now, and Skull Kid has more than just that going for him anyway.

Last edited:
I've rocked this avatar for ages without the slightest expectation of him being in the game... all these leaks and speculations are blowing my damn mind!

He could be so epic...

Time to go back through this thread and see what people are thinking about his movesets because it so open ended to me... he is such a freak show. I think it's also time to replay MM, I think it's been long enough >:D
That profile pick reminds me why I love Skull Kid's design so much

I can't access the assist trophy section on the site for some reason. Does anyone know if the moon is listed on there with an image?

Jeanne

Smash Apprentice
Okay so since people are looking into the direct for some answers I thought I'd add some tinder to the fire:

Here's the original direct picture
sakurai chairs.jpg

Nothing Special

Now I tried to give as much sharpness as I could to the stuff blurred in the background:

sakurai chairs Edit.png

I noticed to things primarily:

One is this over Sakurai's Shoulder

sakurai chairs Caepora.png

Reminds me of Caepora Gaebora

Caepora Gaebora.png

Owl Statue.png

I also made out the letter L in this blue book on one of the shelves:

sakurai chairs n Books.png

Idk why but it looks like it says Luffy to me haha.. Maybe someone with a bigger imagination or better photoshop skills can further decipher it?

Could be a whole lot of nothing but I wanted to share what I found.

This is all I got. What do you guys think?

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Updated first post to include some of the potential hints towards Skull Kid getting.

Thanks for giving our character some spotlight in the recent video RelaxAlax RelaxAlax , it was a nice summation, even if I don't believe the furniture stuff myself, I have other reasons to believe he's in.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I have mixed feelings about the furniture people are talking about. On one hand I don't think there's anything noteworthy about the cushions but on the other hand those chairs bother me.

It feels mad to be looking at chairs like they're a hint but they're not very common chair colours. On their own they'd stand out but placed next to each other they look really odd. Unless Sakurai was hanging out in the "Wario Room" at Nintendo it probably is a hint at something.

There's also that Sakurai supposedly hinted at Simon and K. Rool with his tweet about his red eyes and the tweet that some people think is referencing Isaac and Golden Sun. It makes it seem like Sakurai is in teasing mode.

I don't know if it's hinting at Skull Kid though...

Last edited:

Soulsaint

Smash Apprentice
Skull Kid supporter since the Melee days I believe, at first the Moon Assist made me doubt him tremendously as I always envisioned the final Smash move to be that happening. Allong with Skull Kid I was semi hoping for a mask switching young Link. Considering thats not happening I certainly hope he will finally be in as the final Zelda representative (I'm not even that much of a Zelda fan, in fact, most on my support list I haven't even played the games off) Majora's Mask is actually on of the few exceptions and that game is more iconic towards me personally than any other one. The moon makes it more likely I think, because it's not like it's at all relevant as far as I know currently. Which means its atleast at the back of their minds.

Bootortle

Smash Apprentice
NNID
J-Dudd
3DS FC
0259-0284-1711
Switch FC
SW-4554-3900-0616
Vaati's my most wanted Zelda character, but Skull Kid's easily #2
and a close one at that
MM is my favorite 3D Zelda
here's to hoping

cybersai

Smash Ace
This thread fell to the second page, what.

He's probably the most likely newcomer now besides a Pokemon

Shaboba

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1760-9183-5135
Just a few months ago it seems like our beloved Skull Kid wasn't even considered as a potential newcomer... now it feels like he's at the top of the list. My how things change. That said, I would be astonished if Skull Kid didn't make the cut this time around, especially taking into account everything we know now that we didn't know then.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
I’m sorry, but can I be taken off the support list please? I do not think Skull Kid is the way to go for the majora's mask rep,when you have a much better choice being the Mask itself.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I’m sorry, but can I be taken off the support list please? I do not think Skull Kid is the way to go for the majora's mask rep,when you have a much better choice being the Mask itself.
Done, although I find it weird when someone wants one without the other

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
The mask is controlling skull kid so this is basically a 2 in one deal.

rcp24

Smash Rookie
Can I be added to the supporter list? I believe someone said this a few pages ago, but having our first "creepy" character in smash would be awesome.

Sølid

Radio
3DS FC
4441-8453-4042
They can integrate Majora’s boss moves into Skull Kid. Skull Kid is more iconic than the boss fight that I’m sure a lot of casuals never made it to. There is just way more potential in them being a 2 in 1.

tyrus+

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-6650-4457-4607
Can I be put in the support list? I can definitely see him getting in. Been supporting him on /v/ for a while now.

Top Bottom