• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masked Marauders - Skull Kid For Smash! Night of the Last Day.

What's your favourite transformation in Majora's Mask?

• Deku Link

• Goron Link

• Zora Link

Results are only viewable after voting.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Yeah, it's...it's not great. But I do like seeing even fake leaks with the boy, because it's been a while!

NineS

Smash Lord

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
Just saw it mentioned on GameFaQs, actually. The picture is most likely fake since it seems a bit low quality and stiff to me—it looks almost more like a trophy than a movable character.

Really hope Skull Kid's inclusion ends up being real regardless!

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
P.S. Is Potato Theory an actually concept or is it just a meme? Either way, funny as hell!
You know that little statue on the shelf behind Sakurai that people think could be Kaepora Gaebora? I theorize that it's actually in fact a potato. Now, it's a little known piece of lore but Termina has soil, which potatoes grow in. Now why would Sakurai be referencing Termina and it's rich potato growing soil like that unless it was a hint at Skull Kid.

Makes about as much sense as the more popular theories going around except it doesn't rely on per-concived patterns and has outlived the Music Theory.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Ooh I got a good arbitrary theory, every newcomer has been alternating between hero and villain, so the next newcomer is 100% a villain! My evidence is solid and this theory cannot possibly be debunked.
I know you're joking, but this actually is a good point. Inkling -> Ridley -> Simon -> King K. Rool -> Isabelle. Look, it's another pattern we constructed that Sakurai probably never considered! :roll:

NineS

Smash Lord
I know you're joking, but this actually is a good point. Inkling -> Ridley -> Simon -> King K. Rool -> Isabelle. Look, it's another pattern we constructed that Sakurai probably never considered! :roll:
Isabelle -> Skull Kid, maybe? followed by either Incineroar, Isaac, or Geno. Or Ken, assuming he's not an echo for whatever insane reason.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Isabelle -> Skull Kid, maybe? followed by either Incineroar, Isaac, or Geno. Or Ken, assuming he's not an echo for whatever insane reason.
I think Incineroar would probably count as a villain, seeing how he’s a heel.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Icineroar -> Isaac -> Skull Kid. Or Skull Kid -> Isaac -> Incineroar. As GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 said, Incineroar could be called a villain since he takes a heel role in the games.

Man, the sun/moon/star theming on those three is just too good that I'll be really sad when if it doesn't happen.

Last edited:

NineS

Smash Lord
So, what does everyone think of the odds of a direct being announced today or tomorrow?
I'm losing a little faith. Or patience. I think I can't tell the difference betwen those two feelings... Either way, how many days do you all think until the moon has fallen?

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
So, what does everyone think of the odds of a direct being announced today or tomorrow?
I'm losing a little faith. Or patience. I think I can't tell the difference betwen those two feelings... Either way, how many days do you all think until the moon has fallen?
Today's possible. But so was yesterday. It's like someone's playing the Song of Time again and again :ultyounglink:

Regarding Skull Kid's animations, he should definitely have a mixture of his characteristic floating and his cute little waddle. He should also have that creepy jerky-quality to some of his movements. Sakurai's a stickler for these kind of details, which makes the completely upright 'leak' look so fake.

I'm also excited by his possible taunts and victory animations. Seriously, if he gets in, Skull Kid will have one of the best taunt games. We could have him floating and laughing, tooting the Ocarina and laughing, laughing in general (just not as much as Hyrule Warriors plz), tossing the ocarina up in the air and mooning (not in the big floaty rock sense) the competition. As for his victory animations, one of them better be Majora's Mask jumping of his face, growing arms and legs and moonwalking across the screen.

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
HAHAHAHA yes, **** music theory okay, not only has Skull Kid's chances gone up, we will also receive a banging Zelda track based on MM, and who knows it could be the very next track we hear.
Also speaking of a floating run animation, why has my boy:ultganondorf: not gotten one?
Better yet why not a :ultpeach: like float, man really that's all I could ask for at this point for:ultganondorf:.

Last edited:

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
I think skull kid will walk on the ground with his feet like how he did in the MM opening for his walk animation, but he will float for his run animation.
I think his idle animation will have him pull up his mask and look around.
I think one of his taunts will be the ocarina one note blow, as many of you guys thought, possibly another one could be him laughing, it would be pretty salt inducing, maybe of his taunts could have tael and tatl.
Winning animations, okay I think the one blow ocarina if not his taunt, I'm guessing one where he's floating shaking his head screaming, one could be his pose where he's looking down at his hands.
Just thought I'd share some ideas on how I think some of his cosmetics things will play out.

HAHAHAHA yes, **** music theory okay, not only has Skull Kid's chances gone up, we will also receive a banging Zelda track based on MM, and who knows it could be the very next track we hear.
Also speaking of a floating run animation, why has my boy:ultganondorf: not gotten one?
Better yet why not a :ultpeach: like float, man really that's all I could ask for at this point for:ultganondorf:.
It's interesting that we haven't had the Sun and Moon battle theme that we heard in the 8.8 direct uploaded yet. I always thought that maybe Incineroar's announcement would bring that.

Kinda like how Skull Kid's would bring the new Termina Field track maybe?

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
If we're getting a Direct announcement it'll probably be at 10 am EST (about an hour and 20 minutes from now) like the previous announcements. I don't think the NES tweet hinders any chances of possible Direct news.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Looks like nothing today, folks. Time to tamp down those expectations and hope we get something next week.

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
Looks like nothing today, folks. Time to tamp down those expectations and hope we get something next week.
Honestly as long as we get a "Skull Kid is playable" reveal sometime I'll be good.

(Hoping for this month but if not, eh)

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Honestly as long as we get a "Skull Kid is playable" reveal sometime I'll be good.

(Hoping for this month but if not, eh)
This month will just make sense for him mostly because a good memory blog he can come with is his N64 game, which released during this month. I'm pretty sure next week something should happen if there's gonna be anything at all this month. Directs or news of whatever magnitude have been around the "mid" of the month, and both this week and the next one are pretty much around it, which funnily enough is the range the playlist and the "new" banner thing disappearing suggested, 10th-17th. The wait just freaking sucks but we are almost there if there's something in this month at all.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Unless they want to reveal all the remaining fighters in one trailer (which would be boring), they kinda need to release a new trailer this month or early November at latest. Unless leaks are wrong and we only have like one fighter left.

Last edited:

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Unless they want to reveal all the remaining fighters in one trailer (which would be boring), they kinda need to release a new trailer this month or early November at latest.
I mean, unless they don't have many left. It would be perfectly reasonable to see two unique newcomers in one event, considering that literally already happened in August. Three isn't that hard to believe either.

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
Agreed! Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if Skull Kid and Geno were released together because they're both puppet-ish characters, though they're from different series so that's unlikely, and honestly I just want a Skull Kid reveal trailer.

Also having way too much fun with that Skull Kid tribute/MM Anniversary vid even with no Skull Kid reveal yet. Final Cut rules.

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Yeah i don't give a damn about characters sharing a trailer now, i just want them in lol, i care more about their inclusion than them having a spotlight in a trailer.

SmushBoy

Smash Rookie
I honestly think Skull Kid won't be in the base game. Base roster is already crazy. However, his chance to come as a DLC character makes a lot of sense. He would be an insta-buy for soooooo many fans.
At this point I'm praying for a Skull Kid announcement and also hoping DLC for Ultimate just won't be a bunch of anime dudes and dudettes :facepalm:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I mean, unless they don't have many left. It would be perfectly reasonable to see two unique newcomers in one event, considering that literally already happened in August. Three isn't that hard to believe either.
I don't get your point? I never said a trailer with two newcomers an impossibility. All I am saying is that there isn't a lot of time left until the release, and that it would make perfect sense to reveal one fighter this month, one in November and perhaps the last one before the release in December.
I honestly think Skull Kid won't be in the base game. Base roster is already crazy. However, his chance to come as a DLC character makes a lot of sense. He would be an insta-buy for soooooo many fans.
At this point I'm praying for a Skull Kid announcement and also hoping DLC for Ultimate just won't be a bunch of anime dudes and dudettes :facepalm:
We don't even know if there will be DLC fighters this time around. Hold your horses.

Last edited:

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I don't get your point? I never said a trailer with two newcomers an impossibility. All I am saying is that there isn't a lot of time left until the release, and that it would make perfect sense to reveal one fighter this month, one in November and perhaps the last one before the release in December.
If there's only two or three characters left to reveal, they could just as easily all be revealed at the same time in, say, November. We just don't know. Let's not forget July went by without any news at all. October could be the same way.

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
If Sakurai doesn't decide to do dlc himself, then Nintendo will ask him, and Sakurai will most likely say yes.
I think DLC is inevitable.

Last edited:

ActualGarbage

Smash Ace
If Sakurai doesn't decide to do dlc himself, then Nintendo will ask him, and Sakurai will most likely say yes.
I think DLC is inevitable.
Honestly, I'm fine with Smash DLC. Keeps the game alive longer and makes it feel fresher, longer. Also good for the fans of the characters that do get in as DLC.

hustler713

Smash Apprentice
First of all please add me to the Supporter list.

Majoras Mask was my favorit Zelda Game before BotW came out (long before the Remake, back when everybody was still hating it).
Not only the Game had a very dark and twisted Theme with an actual deep Story, but skull kid overall was surprisingly deep for a Zelda Villain. Probably the deepest we got except for MAYBE TWW Ganon, even though i think that Skull Kid's Development is even more relatable.

And even though I'd love him beeing playable, i really have Trouble picturing his movement or imagine a moveset.
His Movement in the actual Games always seemed kinda stiff and slow (except for maybe the oot battle scenes, but that's probably the only occasion).
Of course this issue could be fixed with making him hover ober the ground like Mewtwo does but i also really can't imagine him using physicall Attacks at all.
He kinda just feels so breakable physically, to me at least.

I'd really love Sakurai to come up with a Moveset that feels right. But at this point it's hard to me to imagine him as a fighter.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
First of all please add me to the Supporter list.

Majoras Mask was my favorit Zelda Game before BotW came out (long before the Remake, back when everybody was still hating it).
Not only the Game had a very dark and twisted Theme with an actual deep Story, but skull kid overall was surprisingly deep for a Zelda Villain. Probably the deepest we got except for MAYBE TWW Ganon, even though i think that Skull Kid's Development is even more relatable.

And even though I'd love him beeing playable, i really have Trouble picturing his movement or imagine a moveset.
His Movement in the actual Games always seemed kinda stiff and slow (except for maybe the oot battle scenes, but that's probably the only occasion).
Of course this issue could be fixed with making him hover ober the ground like Mewtwo does but i also really can't imagine him using physicall Attacks at all.
He kinda just feels so breakable physically, to me at least.

I'd really love Sakurai to come up with a Moveset that feels right. But at this point it's hard to me to imagine him as a fighter.
I think he has enough potential for a moveset.

He's got the Mask and its moves + dark magic, Tatl & Tael, a blowpipe, puppets, and possibly the ocarina, trumpets (trumpets may just be for the puppets), and other masks. He could probably do simple kicks and slap opponents as well; he may even get a Teleport move.

Last edited:

_sneaK

Smash Apprentice
We don't even know if there will be DLC fighters this time around. Hold your horses.
No DLC on one of nintendos flagship games, this early into one of their most successful consoles lifetimes? I'm pretty darn sure they're adding DLC, and more of it then last time too, might I add.
I think he has enough potential for a moveset.

He's got the Mask and its moves + dark magic, Tatl & Tael, a blowpipe, puppets, and possibly the ocarina, trumpets (trumpets may just be for the puppets), and other masks. He could probably do simple kicks and slap opponents as well; he may even get a Teleport move.
Don't forget that you don't really need to have anything at all to make a move set. People always make the case that Skull Kid doesn't have enough material to make a full moveset but he's got far more then Captain Falcon, which they literally just made stuff up for his moveset.

Top Bottom