• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masked Marauders - Skull Kid For Smash! Night of the Last Day.

What's your favourite transformation in Majora's Mask?

• Deku Link

• Goron Link

• Zora Link

Results are only viewable after voting.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I think Skull Kid's CSS render could also be the one where he's looking at his hand, one of the HW renders, or how he's standing on top of Clock Tower in the Majora's Mask 3D artwork (basically his trophy's pose in Smash 4's trophy gallery). Whatever it is, I think Tatl & Tael should be with him in it, as well as in his victory screens.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Was Ash Greninja super popular? (Never watched the Pokémon anime, so I’m kind of out of the loop)
Oh dude, I have no idea. I'm not that into Pokémon and I really only played Moon with my fiancée because she likes it. And a bit of X, actually. I started with Froakie, so I do have a fondness for Greninja; and with Moon, we went back and forth between Litten and Rowlet before settling on Litten, so I'm also fond of Incineroar.

_sneaK

Smash Apprentice
Oh dude, I have no idea. I'm not that into Pokémon and I really only played Moon with my fiancée because she likes it. And a bit of X, actually. I started with Froakie, so I do have a fondness for Greninja; and with Moon, we went back and forth between Litten and Rowlet before settling on Litten, so I'm also fond of Incineroar.
I can't give much insight either. I grew up playing Pokémon Crystal, which is now 18 years old. Aside from recently playing Moon, and finding I was really not interested, I haven't played a pokemon game that was younger than 2005

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
To bring us back on topic...this is I believe the second time (first Wolf, now this) that the blog has told us about a Final Smash we haven't yet seen. But Young Link's blog update didn't mention his. As Sari Sari said, I think this is a good sign that they're holding his back!

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
To bring us back on topic...this is I believe the second time (first Wolf, now this) that the blog has told us about a Final Smash we haven't yet seen. But Young Link's blog update didn't mention his. As Sari Sari said, I think this is a good sign that they're holding his back!
We actually briefly saw Wolfs final smash in his character trailer. But we did see the entirety of it, just enough to know it's basically the same as Fox and Falco

Dr Bones

Smash Cadet
So i'm curious, on the about page on the smash website it says there are 72 characters which includes echos, I haven't heard anyone bring this up as the definitive number, am I missing something?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
So i'm curious, on the about page on the smash website it says there are 72 characters which includes echos, I haven't heard anyone bring this up as the definitive number, am I missing something?
That includes all the characters revealed so far, minus two Mii fighters I think. It's not the final number.

Last edited:

_sneaK

Smash Apprentice
still holding on to mimiques prediction even though I am constantly popping in and mentioning he's just a guesser, which goes to show how much I want Skull Kid in this game

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
We actually briefly saw Wolfs final smash in his character trailer. But we did see the entirety of it, just enough to know it's basically the same as Fox and Falco
True, but in his blog post they clarified and outright confirmed it!

still holding on to mimiques prediction even though I am constantly popping in and mentioning he's just a guesser, which goes to show how much I want Skull Kid in this game
Welp, he's got one day left to be correct. :roll:

hustler713

Smash Apprentice
Just saying, it's incredibly ironic that fans of LoZ, a series that is notoriously poorly represented in terms of playable fighters, are bashing FE in Smash.

Yknow, the OTHER series that's incredibly poorly represented in smash.

We can go the FE route if you want. Just be prepared to get only characters from BOTW or the newest Zelda installment from now on. Which would mean give up any hope on Skull Kid. Oh, and yknow the clonish moveset that haunts the LoZ cast? FE also suffers from that despite ALSO having an incredibly varied cast.

So let's say we'd get one of the champions as a new character, then more clones. Would you REALLY want that?

The two situations are incredibly similar. More characters does not equal good representation.
Well I'd love Revali. Also i'd like Hilda and Impa as Echoes.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I'd love all of those too, but...
And I'm going to assume I'm going to be judged but...
Tingle is actually my second most wanted Legend of Zelda rep, Skull Kid coming in first and Lana/Cia and Impa tying in third.
Just disregard any hindrances of being judged when talking about your most wanted. At least one person will find a problem with your list, but all that matters is if you are fine with stating who you support.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Honestly, before Skull Kid took off, I was pretty confident that if we ever got another Zelda character, it would be Tingle. He's loved in Japan, he's been in a number of games, and he even has his own spinoff games. I still think he's a likely candidate for a future Smash game too.

Last edited:

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
Oh I wasn't specifically calling you out, or anyone else for that matter. I just hate the sentiment that Sakurai is this closeted Fire Emblem mega-fan who absolutely despises Zelda and goes to any length possible to add FE fighters. Yknow, the people who look at FE and go "I want my series to look like THAT" without actually realizing what that means.
Sakurai is long past "closeted" lol.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Needed to share this here. A great video on Skull Kid

I know I'm bias, but I still think logic dictates that Skull Kid is playable. LOGIC I TELL YA

NineS

Smash Lord

I know I'm bias, but I still think logic dictates that Skull Kid is playable. LOGIC I TELL YA
Skull Kid is a case where I wish for someone to try and do everything they can to disprove the possibility of him being a playable character.

Out of the evidence for him being a playable character, and him being a non-playable character, as well as past re-occurring events in smash, it all points to Skull Kid being a fighter or not being in the game at all.

The Rathalos arguments are pretty interesting. I'm still very confident about Skull Kid's inclusion in big part because the Moon AT. In my mind, it counters almost every other possibilities:

Not in the game at all: Why not put Skull Kid with the Moon as an AT then? It would be the most logical choice.

He'll come back as an AT: And his signature move is a separate AT? Makes no sense to me to have them both as 2 different ATs.

He'll be a boss: Sakurai and his team must be aware of the support behind him and the effect of the Moon AT's reveal on the fanbase (combined with the absence of Skull Kid), i'm not sure they'd tease and troll that much on purpose.

I may be wrong but that's my reasoning for the moment. Logic as you say

Plus those 2 chairs are still looking at me from afar, laughing:p

Last edited:

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
Me too, and I think all of us—we aren't the Masked Marauders for nothing!

The Rathalos arguments are pretty interesting. I'm still very confident about Skull Kid's inclusion in big part because the Moon AT. In my mind, it counters almost every other possibilities:

Not in the game at all: Why not put Skull Kid with the Moon as an AT then? It would be the most logical choice.

He'll come back as an AT: And his signature move is a separate AT? Makes no sense to me to have them both as 2 different ATs.

He'll be a boss: Sakurai and his team must be aware of the support behind him and the effect of the Moon AT's reveal on the fanbase (combined with the absence of Skull Kid), i'm not sure they'd tease and troll that much on purpose.

I may be wrong but that's my reasoning for the moment. Logic as you say

Plus those 2 chairs are still looking at me from afar, laughing:p
To quote the Narrator from The Stanley Parable: "Another victory for logic." :)

I honestly don't understand why some people (looking at you, GameFaqs forums) say us Skull Kid fans are "grasping at straws", when several things in the game itself (disregarding the furniture theory) imply that Skull Kid is in the game somewhere in a big way, which is more than can be said for a large majority of the characters guessed.

Last edited:

Kensho

Smash Apprentice
So a character from the anime got into the games, and from then into Smash... interesting. This bodes well for me, as a Team Rocket/Meowth fan!

Though I wonder what was wrong with Greninja’s previous FS? It was quick and to the point, so the change must have been because of something else.
Hey, jigglypuff didn't get in the original smash ONLY because she shared a body type with kirby, the anime made her popular and it inspired a lot of facial expressions.

NineS

Smash Lord

ActualGarbage

Smash Ace
So. It wasn't a Smash announcement. Should we be hopeful and expect it later today or during the weekend, or assume we're getting nothing this week after all.
Given that it's Friday, don't expect anything till mid next week. That's when Nintendo usually likes to reveal stuff.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I'm keeping an eye on the rumors of something happening on the often-rumored date of the 16th, but I'm not getting my hopes too high.

EDIT: For what it's worth, the August Direct was announced on a Sunday, at least American time. But it was probably Monday in Japan, so it's probably not worth expecting an announcement tomorrow.

Last edited:

ActualGarbage

Smash Ace
I'm keeping an eye on the rumors of something happening on the often-rumored date of the 16th, but I'm not getting my hopes too high.

EDIT: For what it's worth, the August Direct was announced on a Sunday, at least American time. But it was probably Monday in Japan, so it's probably not worth expecting an announcement tomorrow.
Honestly, anything mid week is fair game. 16th lines up well with that.

Mehdow

Smash Journeyman

I posted this in the Isaac thread too. I found this on 4chan in the middle of nowhere. I don't even know what's this account for, just counting things but...why this one?

Last edited:

NineS

Smash Lord

I posted this in the Isaac thread too. I found this on 4chan in the middle of nowhere. I don't even know what's this account for, just counting things but...why this one?
Not sure. This twitter clearly has existed for a while, so my best guess is an error on the poster's part? Maybe they got it from a leak.
I would find it odd for this account of all accounts to know unless they have some unsaid, unannounced, inside info.

Overall, interesting, but probably just a mistake. Good guess for a date, though.

Last edited:

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I'm really hoping the next Direct is on a Wednesday like the August one, since I'm usually off Wednesdays. I hate having to stay off the internet on Direct days to avoid spoilers, though it would probably be good for my productivity. :laugh:

ActualGarbage

Smash Ace
I'm really hoping the next Direct is on a Wednesday like the August one, since I'm usually off Wednesdays. I hate having to stay off the internet on Direct days to avoid spoilers, though it would probably be good for my productivity. :laugh:
I just hope it's not at like 8 AM like the August Direct. BIG pain to get up that early. although i just stayed up all night for that one

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
If there is a Direct I'll probably bit away from here until I watch it because I want to record my reaction (without camera, I don't know how to do that, lol) because I don't want to be spoiled prematurely if this board is suddenly flooded with "SKULL KID GOT IN!!"

ActualGarbage

Smash Ace
If there is a Direct I'll probably bit away from here until I watch it because I want to record my reaction (without camera, I don't know how to do that, lol) because I don't want to be spoiled prematurely if this board is suddenly flooded with "SKULL KID GOT IN!!"
I mean, you could just record your voice? That's still a reaction.

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
I mean, you could just record your voice? That's still a reaction.
That's exactly what I'm planning on. :) I was just clarifying to not expect a face reveal since I don't know how yet, ha ha.

Really hoping for a Skull Kid reveal soon!

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Uhh… how legit is this countdown twitter account? I mean the official website lets you make countdowns yourself, so anyone could fake one. But of course we don't own the twitter account so that person is either feeling trollish or thought it is legit based one something… now… what is this "something" this person is based on to believe we are getting it in 5 days? That's the question. I'm hoping, I really am, but i really want to know how this could be considered believable.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I'm wondering if that Twitter account is automated? Or maybe someone submitted a fake countdown and whoever reviewed it on the sight is a troll, or they dun goofed.

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Uhh… how legit is this countdown twitter account? I mean the official website lets you make countdowns yourself, so anyone could fake one. But of course we don't own the twitter account so that person is either feeling trollish or thought it is legit based one something… now… what is this "something" this person is based on to believe we are getting it in 5 days? That's the question. I'm hoping, I really am, but i really want to know how this could be considered believable.
I'm calling it fake. Making a countdown on that site takes less than a minute to do (I just made one titled "Skull Kid gets revealed for Smash"). In regards to how it appeared on the sites twitter, it could've been an error from the site thinking that it was a legit countdown or the creator of the countdown passed along some fake info about them being affiliated with Nintendo. Also that twitter is most likely an automated account that was not important until now as almost all of their tweets have no favorites or retweets.

If a Direct gets announced then the countdown creator can come out and say "hey guys I was right!" If there is no Direct then the creator can just pretend it never happened since they can't be linked to the account. In short, the creator has nothing to lose.

I think we will probably get something next week, but that is a safe bet considering we haven't had any info in a while and Wednesday/Thursday are common days for a Direct. That countdown tweet offers nothing new.

Top Bottom