• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masked Marauders - Skull Kid For Smash! Night of the Last Day.

What's your favourite transformation in Majora's Mask?

• Deku Link

• Goron Link

• Zora Link

Results are only viewable after voting.

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
So the music theory got btfo today.

Can't wait to see what new arbitrary fan made theories crop up now. Either way the Potato Theory is still alive and well.

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
Gonna say that again,
Skull Kid community, rejoice as the Music theory is finally over!

A new Fire Emblem track is released, ending the one track per franchise!

Rejoice! You still got a chance!

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
After the heavy blow it was dealt by the Pokémon song, I'm very happy to see it fall for good.

_sneaK

Smash Apprentice

Can't wait to see what new arbitrary fan made theories crop up now. Either way the Potato Theory is still alive and well.
Ooh I got a good arbitrary theory, every newcomer has been alternating between hero and villain, so the next newcomer is 100% a villain! My evidence is solid and this theory cannot possibly be debunked.

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
Yay, the evil is defeated! But I just wish it could've been slain at the hands of a better song...
Yeah like a remix of this one along with a character to fit with it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXICdlyDLoI

Ooh I got a good arbitrary theory, every newcomer has been alternating between hero and villain, so the next newcomer is 100% a villain! My evidence is solid and this theory cannot possibly be debunked.
Villain Theory let's go.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Good news indeed, and Zelda should definitely get a second song.

Although if it gets a second song before Skull Kid is revealed, I'm going to start worrying.

WampaWreckage

Smash Rookie

I'm so glad the Music Theory is discredited. Theories as of late hold no value or risk. They all just feel like fans tinfoiling the hell out of ideas, and I especially felt that way with the Music Theory after the Pokemon Song, and always had a passionate disdain for the Box Theory.

Here's to hoping we now can get some sick Majora's music & Skull Kid! He honestly feels so close, but I also feel like we're like the other communities just grasping for straws. Well.. it's a good thing Skull Kid's attire seems to be made out of them!

P.S. Is Potato Theory an actually concept or is it just a meme? Either way, funny as hell!

Last edited:

_sneaK

Smash Apprentice
Good news indeed, and Zelda should definitely get a second song.

Although if it gets a second song before Skull Kid is revealed, I'm going to start worrying.
Don't worry too hard if Skull Kid isn't in the game by release date, they may have him as DLC. I've been thinking they may have removed several popular characters as assist trophies so they can have a variety for DLC, since all DLC will be newcomers.

ActualGarbage

Smash Ace
Don't worry too hard if Skull Kid isn't in the game by release date, they may have him as DLC. I've been thinking they may have removed several popular characters as assist trophies so they can have a variety for DLC, since all DLC will be newcomers.
I always worry about the DLC thing for certain characters because the DLC's really gotta sell, and not just any character will be able to move sales great. Although I feel Skull Kid would be fine, since Majora's Mask is one of the most profitable Zelda items next to the triforce itself.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Would be fitting and faithful to the source material imo, i don't remember Skull Kid walking on his feet while wearing the mask.
I think at the very beginning of the game he does kinda shuffle around weirdly, while he's making his way up to the unconscious Link. I remember a strange animation for him.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Did you guys see this. It looks like Skull Kid was going to be in Project M. That means we could've gotten Lyn, Isaac, Sami, Knuckles, Dixie Kong, Paper Mario and Skull Kid if Project M continued

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I wish Project M continued now.

Why'd they discontinue it, again? Wasn't it because of Smash 4 on the Wii U and they thought they couldn't mod it? (though that didn't stop the Legacy XP team from continuing their Brawl mod :S )

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I wish Project M continued now.

Why'd they discontinue it, again? Wasn't it because of Smash 4 on the Wii U and they thought they couldn't mod it? (though that didn't stop the Legacy XP team from continuing their Brawl mod :S )
It got so big that they got spooked over Nintendo possibly suing them.

NineS

Smash Lord
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Did you guys see this. It looks like Skull Kid was going to be in Project M. That means we could've gotten Lyn, Isaac, Sami, Knuckles, Dixie Kong, Paper Mario and Skull Kid if Project M continued
This actually looks really good. I could totally see something like this happening for Skull Kid.

I think at the very beginning of the game he does kinda shuffle around weirdly, while he's making his way up to the unconscious Link. I remember a strange animation for him.
Skull Kid does a bit of a funny walk at the start. I could see it being his walk, and hovering in the air his run.

_sneaK

Smash Apprentice
That should definitely be his walk, and he should glide like Mewtwo for his run.
This again reiterates my belief that if Skull Kid is to be a clone, Mewtwo is the only fighter he should be based upon

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
I don't think anything would piss me off moreso than _________ being a clone. If they did become a clone, I'd rather not have them in the game at all.

(Skull Kid is above this debate.) :alakadoof:

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I actually kind of wonder if Sakurai would've been reluctant to add characters that Project: M added first. As sad as I am that Skull Kid didn't come to fruition there, I wouldn't want his existence there to preclude his chances in a future official Smash game.

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
This again reiterates my belief that if Skull Kid is to be a clone, Mewtwo is the only fighter he should be based upon
My new main being based on my current main? Sign me up!

Seeing those Skull Kid animations makes me wish that Project M continued even more-so.
I think Doki Doki Literature Club also played a part in its ending, considering a hidden message in DDLC is "Project M died for this".

Last edited:

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I actually kind of wonder if Sakurai would've been reluctant to add characters that Project: M added first. As sad as I am that Skull Kid didn't come to fruition there, I wouldn't want his existence there to preclude his chances in a future official Smash game.
On the other hand, fans putting that much effort into making a character more or less from scratch might convince him that that character is worth adding to a main game, or show him some fan demand he was unaware of. :?:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Skull kid doesn't have a tail and a completely different body.

I reckon the Earthbound kids would make more sense. Final Smash even involves calling down celestial objects

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Skull kid doesn't have a tail and a completely different body.

I reckon the Earthbound kids would make more sense. Final Smash even involves calling down celestial objects
Back when I was in the P:M community, I thought Lucas would be the best base character. He's child-sized, he has a weird jump, he's got an extended grab, lots of projectiles, and a good base Final Smash. Just give him Mewtwo's dash animation and maybe his teleport.

Smash Apprentice
Nothing will ever be as cool as his leaked ledge get up attack animation... still so sad what happened to P:M

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Yeah, that ledge attack was fantastic. One of the best parts for sure.

I would've been fine with Lucas being the base too, since he's my secondary.

Top Bottom