• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masked Marauders - Skull Kid For Smash! Night of the Last Day.

What's your favourite transformation in Majora's Mask?

• Deku Link

• Goron Link

• Zora Link

Results are only viewable after voting.

Smash Apprentice
I'm fairly sure Nintendo owns Vaati in his entirety, there's no evidence to suggest otherwise.

Poogers555

Smash Rookie
If Zelda doesn't get another rep this game I'm going to be supremely disappointed. We haven't had one in 10 years. (Kirby hasn't, either). If the music theory is true, the only possibility is an Impa echo of Sheik.

However, Zelda is one of the very few franchises to have had a song never posted to the website-- because it was already up the day the website launched. Maybe that means we're definitely not getting a unique newcomer, but maybe the songs will "wrap around"? We have many weeks to go and some franchises, like Final Fantasy, are definitely not getting any new tracks to be posted. Maybe they will run out of franchises, and since Zelda was the first series, it will be first in line for a second music track? Really unlikely, but just a thought.

Of course, the music theory is just a trend, but it seems pretty consistent so far. The worst part is that it would deconfirm Bandanna Waddle Dee and Geno too... (from the base game, at least)
Sad part is we truly haven't gotten a new rep since Melee,so almost 20 years. Toon Link is basically Young Link (or was) and again it was just another Link with the same moves but slightly different instead of just a new character from Zelda.

cybersai

Smash Ace
Toon Link really should have been a newcomer in Brawl with all new moves taken from Wind Waker, Minish Cap, Four Swords, etc....but he was just simply used as a re-skin clone of Young Link. It's even more jarring now that we have 3 Links in the game.

Skull Kid just stands alone because he's one of the few villains in the game who doesn't wind up a Ganondorf lackey and has his own game. Everyone else from Zant, Giraghim, Vaati (in Four Swords Adventures), the Ages/Seasons main villains (forgot their names), Yuga, Agahnim from ALTTP, etc. are all lackey's to Ganondorf eventually as the main villain. Then the few unique villains we get like the one in Phantom Hourglass/Spirit Tracks just aren't popular at all.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Ganondorfs day on the blog

Figured it would be a good day to post and share support for Skull Kid.

I wonder if I should dedicate my account for Skull Kid support, similar to the Bandana Dee Brigade and Kremlin Kutthroats.

EDIT!!
Take a look at Masked Marauders: Skull Kid 4 Smash!! (@MaskedMarauder3): https://twitter.com/MaskedMarauder3?s=09

I hope to use it to campaign for Skull Kid, and share a lot of fan art. I'd appreciate sharing anything you like with it.

Also would appreciate any help stylising the account, such as unique banners and profile pics

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Meh, I consider Toon Link a newcomer in his own right, but the variety of Zelda characters has still been sorely lacking for a long time now. That I very much agree with.

Not like they have many likely options to begin with since so many characters from it are one-shots (we've seen Zant, Midna and Ghirahim all miss out, there's no doubt in my mind that that reason contributed to why), but Skull Kid still stands out pretty nicely. Plus, he's actually recurring. That can't be said about very many important Zelda characters that aren't already in Smash, now can it?

A Zelda newcomer is overdue, and I think Skull is among it's few candidates with a good shot, as well as among those who has good reason to join the battle.

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
The fact that Zelda characters now visually represent games from all across the series instead of just reprsenting one game ( plus toon link ) seems like now is actually the best possible time to add a Zelda character who isn't a triforce holder.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I added a link to the twitter account on the first page, hope no one minds.

I'll probably post a link to this topic on the twitter account.

I added a link to the twitter account on the first page, hope no one minds.

I'll probably post a link to this topic on the twitter account.
Good idea, i saw your post on the Discussion thread. I don't have a twitter account but if i find some fanart i'll just post it here.

Speaking of which, there's Theophany (the sound designer behind the music of the Terrible Fate animated short).
I think this kind of work deserves to be shared, it's a very orchestral take on MM music but personally i love it:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi3-9JwIykiwis4rrBKrDwg
https://theophany-rmx.bandcamp.com/
https://www.facebook.com/TheophanyRemix/
https://twitter.com/theophanyremix

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Good idea, i saw your post on the Discussion thread. I don't have a twitter account but if i find some fanart i'll just post it here.

Speaking of which, there's Theophany (the sound designer behind the music of the Terrible Fate animated short).
I think this kind of work deserves to be shared, it's a very orchestral take on MM music but personally i love it:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi3-9JwIykiwis4rrBKrDwg
https://theophany-rmx.bandcamp.com/
https://www.facebook.com/TheophanyRemix/
https://twitter.com/theophanyremix
Thank you!! I'll be sure to post any fanart shared here on Twitter, although make sure I know who to credit if I have to!

All Hail Me

Sarge
I would like to get added to the list on the front page if at all possible, majora’s mask is my second favorite game of the series (OOT is still my favorite of all time of any game and will probably never be usurped) and skull kid would be an incredible addition

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
Meh, I consider Toon Link a newcomer in his own right, but the variety of Zelda characters has still been sorely lacking for a long time now. That I very much agree with.

Not like they have many likely options to begin with since so many characters from it are one-shots (we've seen Zant, Midna and Ghirahim all miss out, there's no doubt in my mind that that reason contributed to why), but Skull Kid still stands out pretty nicely. Plus, he's actually recurring. That can't be said about very many important Zelda characters that aren't already in Smash, now can it?

A Zelda newcomer is overdue, and I think Skull is among it's few candidates with a good shot, as well as among those who has good reason to join the battle.
Zelda could easily get like all of it's side characters added if they all had blue hair and a counter.

cybersai

Smash Ace
Imagine if we got a Zelda newcomer every game like Fire Emblem gets.

We could have gotten Skull Kid and Midna in Brawl, then Giraghim in Smash U, Impa would have been an echo/clone a long time ago,etc. I wish Sakurai showed Zelda as much love as Fire Emblem

Dr Bones

Smash Cadet
I'd be legitimately shocked if Zelda doesn't get SOME character. BOTW was an event when it came out and is probably Nintendo's most popular franchise atm.

cybersai

Smash Ace
Well we haven't gotten a Zelda newcomer in 17 years, so I wouldn't be that shocked if Zelda is ignored again.

Sakurai probably considers revamping Link as Breath of the Wild Link, using Zelda's ALTTP design, and bringing back Young Link as "good enough."

Confirmation

Smash Ace
Well we haven't gotten a Zelda newcomer in 17 years, so I wouldn't be that shocked if Zelda is ignored again.

Sakurai probably considers revamping Link as Breath of the Wild Link, using Zelda's ALTTP design, and bringing back Young Link as "good enough."
This is a good point. We don't know if Sakurai thinks that constant revision of a character is ample love to the series, in his eyes. Between Zelda and Sheik, Young / Toon Link, Link and Ganon changes in Ultimate he might feel satisfied

TurnaboutJacob

Smash Rookie
have you guys thought about making a skull kid support discord server? i see some of the other support threads with their own discord. i think it would be a good place for us skull kid fans to chill out and talk about zelda/skull kid/smash/whatever other than here of course.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
have you guys thought about making a skull kid support discord server? i see some of the other support threads with their own discord. i think it would be a good place for us skull kid fans to chill out and talk about zelda/skull kid/smash/whatever other than here of course.
An interesting idea, but I must admit I find them pretty pointless. Just as easy to talk here. More likely to get noticed by Nintendo and hopefully deemed popular enough for feedback to Sakurai (I'm probably over thinking it :p)

But if others want one, I can make one to be shared here.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Just out of curiosity, is anyone here familiar with this song?

Also, I made a Dungeons & Dragons spell based on it, which is pretty cool.
Thanks for sharing it, I've heard it before but I haven't heard it in ages, I might actually put it in the first page. The last third of it is especially going to be fitting if he gets into smash

"Now you may regret forgetting me
I've been waiting patiently
And now I've got the chance"

I also shared it on Twitter and gave you a shout out

ActualGarbage

Smash Ace
Also did anyone see this hilarity of a fake leak.
https://smashboards.com/threads/skull-kid-is-here.458404/
I'm just glad it's not the "looking at my hand" pose.

Edit: So, I'm looking at this picture more, and I noticed that in it, Skull Kid is in between Link and Toon Link, obviously. Now, the thing I find interesting is that in the original piece the sword and brawler mii fighters are there. Big whoop, I know. But also, Swordfighter's sword goes right through the temple in the background, but in the """leak""" the temple seems to be complete. Am I saying it has a chance to be real? No, not at all. It just warms my heart to see the little attention to detail in fixing it. It's the little things.

Last edited:

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
So a lot of people are starting to believe our final 2 characters are Pokemon's newest flavor of the month and a Ryu echo. God I hope not. That would make twice in a row Sakurai came off of big hype reveals just to end it on a wet fart of disappointment.

Smash Apprentice
At this point Ken is basically confirmed and Incineroar is very likely. SE rep is somewhat likely... unfortunately Minecraft Steve is being tossed around and Vergeben has said he'd heard some, but not all of his sources say that Steve could be playable...

I don't know what I'd say if Steve got in over Skull Kid, haha

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
At this point Ken is basically confirmed and Incineroar is very likely. SE rep is somewhat likely... unfortunately Minecraft Steve is being tossed around and Vergeben has said he'd heard some, but not all of his sources say that Steve could be playable...

I don't know what I'd say if Steve got in over Skull Kid, haha
Start preparing yourself for it.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
I’d love to see Skull Kid get in and cause a lot of mischief and chaos on a variety of different stages in the game and I’ve been a fan of his design ever since playing Majora’s Mask and if he was playable, I hope he’d have Tael and Tatl with him like Rosalina with Luma.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
We should just wait and see.

Ken being leaked really doesn't mean much, Incineroar or Minecraft content would probably change my mind but until then I'm remaining pessimistic

NineS

Smash Lord
I'd like to say I've been lurking this forum for a pretty long while now, and count me in as a Skull Kid Supporter.

I still highly believe he'll be in.

Also, nothing to do with theories, but I thought it'd be interesting to note that Skull Kid and Majora's mask altogether have appeared in more Zelda games than Ganondorf. By Ganondorf, I of course mean, the OoT Antagonist, the Gerudo. Not Ganon, the Pig Beast.

Skull Kid or Majora's Mask appearing in: Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Twilight Princess, Link's Crossbow Training, A Link Between Worlds, Hyrule Warriors, and Breath of the Wild (If you count the Majora's Mask DLC piece.) Amount of games: 7

Ganondorf (Not Ganon) appearing in: Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess, Wind Waker, Phantom Hourglass, Hyrule Warriors, and Breath of the Wild (If you count the Phantom Ganon DLC Costume).

The Event Mask

Smash Cadet
I also like to point out the even someone like Vergeben didn't leak King K Rool, Chrom, or Dark Samus, so even though he doesn't know of Skull Kid, that doesn't mean much is since he already proved he didn't know of everyone before. Like King K Rool

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I also like to point out the even someone like Vergeben didn't leak King K Rool, Chrom, or Dark Samus, so even though he doesn't know of Skull Kid, that doesn't mean much is since he already proved he didn't know of everyone before. Like King K Rool
It seems to repeat of Gematsu honestly, I remember a lot of people were convinced that Chrom, Shulk and Chorus Kids would be our final characters despite him missing Rosalina.

And we all know how that turned out

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Finally got my mask from Etsy lol. Will paint it whenever i find the paints.
Photo on 9-22-18 at 12.40 AM.jpg

Somormujo

Smash Rookie
Hi there! I have entered only for giving support. Actually I have reached a point in that I only need skull kid for considering this Smash perfect! But I am fearing that with the lately leaks nobody cares about him

Top Bottom