• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masked Marauders - Skull Kid For Smash! Night of the Last Day.

What's your favourite transformation in Majora's Mask?

• Deku Link

• Goron Link

• Zora Link

Results are only viewable after voting.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
That would be funny. I actually dont recall, but have people ever looked at the furniture in a Sakurai room as a hint before? Or is the skull kid pattern (or DK stuff in the previous direct if that is to be believed) the first instance of this happening?
I think the E3 Direct had some sort of hint to K. Rool... I don't recall.

Last edited:

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I think he showed off, or maybe was replaced with, Greninja's little replacement doll thing in the Smash 4 Direct where Greninja was revealed? That's the only thing off the top of my head.

KingMinjo91

Smash Apprentice
I think he showed off, or maybe was replaced with, Greninja's little replacement doll thing in the Smash 4 Direct where Greninja was revealed? That's the only thing off the top of my head.
Oh yeah that's right. Not quite the same, but very similar, and it ended up leading to a Pokemon reveal.

I guess what I'm getting at is, furniture theory becomes more interesting if there hasn't been a previous instance of it turning out to be false. That and... I've yet to see a color scheme of any other characters match up with the furniture the way kiddo/tatl/tael do, even down to size and position being the way it should be (couch w/pillow is bigger than chairs, chairs are side by side)

Or I'm just crazy, and horribly wrong. Could be that.

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
The music theory can't be true because it conflicts with the potato theory and especially the garden gnome theory.

Smash Apprentice
If Zelda doesn't get another rep this game I'm going to be supremely disappointed. We haven't had one in 10 years. (Kirby hasn't, either). If the music theory is true, the only possibility is an Impa echo of Sheik.

However, Zelda is one of the very few franchises to have had a song never posted to the website-- because it was already up the day the website launched. Maybe that means we're definitely not getting a unique newcomer, but maybe the songs will "wrap around"? We have many weeks to go and some franchises, like Final Fantasy, are definitely not getting any new tracks to be posted. Maybe they will run out of franchises, and since Zelda was the first series, it will be first in line for a second music track? Really unlikely, but just a thought.

Of course, the music theory is just a trend, but it seems pretty consistent so far. The worst part is that it would deconfirm Bandanna Waddle Dee and Geno too... (from the base game, at least)

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
We haven't gotten a proper newcomer in seventeen years, not just ten. Toon Link hardly counts, since he was barely anything more than a replacement for Young Link. It's nonsense the way Zelda has been treated.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Chairs w/ Pillow theory isnt really out the window until we see Sakurai in a different room. It's what the whole theory is based on.
I didn't say it was, I just said it was something everyone noticed, so predicting Skull Kid for the last direct was something wasn't breaking new ground.

cybersai

Smash Ace
Between the music theory, the box theory, the Vergeben theory, the chair theory, and the Sakurai theory, I feel like I'm in a college course with a Professor giving me theorems for a new exam.

Last edited:

All Hail Me

Sarge
Between the music theory, the box theory, the Vergeben theory, the chair theory, and the Sakurai theory, I feel like I'm in a college course with a Professor giving me theorems for a new exam.
I need you to write a thesis on this and produce your own theory and back it up with data, drawing conclusions from these other theories

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
We haven't gotten a proper newcomer in seventeen years, not just ten. Toon Link hardly counts, since he was barely anything more than a replacement for Young Link. It's nonsense the way Zelda has been treated.
And yet there are people who will still tell you with a straight face that Sakurai doesn't let his biases affect his work lol

Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
But there's more to representation than characters. Zelda has a ton of items and assist trophies, music, and stages. Sakurai just thinks it's not important to include anyone other than the triforce holders as characters. Hopefully that changes with Ultimate.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Ehh my suggestion? don't twist your minds so much with different theories. If anything, the blog theory going around is the best one yet. The others are… very lacking and it will make you worried over probably nothing in the end. Just saying guys. Also this is still a Skull kid thread on top of everything, not a theory focused thread :ness:

cybersai

Smash Ace
Yeah, none of the Breath of the Wild characters strike me as likely for DLC either, even if a few are individually well liked.

It's either Skull Kid or no one, or we'll go another Smash without a new Zelda rep.

Kensho

Smash Apprentice
You misunderstood me.

Skull Kid needs the mask. Wearing the mask is why he has his following, without it he is a pretty bland and undeserving character. I'm not sure where you assumed I was implying that he could be without the mask.

The final boss of MM is the mask, Skull Kid not included. Have you beaten MM? I can see how one would make this assumption if not.

The next argument at this point is usually, "uh... if playable Skull Kid is wearing the mask, how can Majora also be a boss?" Zelda can fight Sheik, Samus can fight Zamus, Mario can fight Dr Mario, all three Links are there, Lucina and Chrom both fight with the Parallel Falchion...
I did, what I meant is that Sakurai wouldn't make the mask appear by itself without the boi behind it, even if it's only on the intro. Actually, it could work in our favor if he is playable too! In melee Bowser would transform into gigabowser (a not playable character) and we still had Bowser as playable. Here you could fight normal playable skull kid for a short while before the second part of the fight against Majora's wrath.

There, my wishful thinking x)

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Yeah, none of the Breath of the Wild characters strike me as likely for DLC either, even if a few are individually well liked.

It's either Skull Kid or no one, or we'll go another Smash without a new Zelda rep.
Or. You know. Tingle. Or Vaati. Or Impa.

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
I feel like Vaati's chances are near zero because of his obscurity. Four Swords and Minish Cap are slept on by a lot of casual Zelda fans.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
But there's more to representation than characters. Zelda has a ton of items and assist trophies, music, and stages. Sakurai just thinks it's not important to include anyone other than the triforce holders as characters. Hopefully that changes with Ultimate.
And this is what people don't really like - unbalanced representation. Sure Zelda's got loads of stages (more than Pokémon!), but it's working on 6 characters, three of whom are clones. Meanwhile, to choose another horribly unbalanced series, Fire Emblem's on 3 stages total with seven characters (four unique). The Zelda games themselves are loved for more than just locations and items.

To anyone who isn't a Zelda fan, Zelda's got all of these stages and so many assist characters so it looks good. But to a fan, we wonder why the characters are stuck as assists when other series can have one-hit wonders as playable.

I'd gladly give up most of the Zelda items save the Heart Container and a few of the stages if it meant getting Midna as a character instead of assist.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Reminder that relevancy is no longer a thing… but yeah i doubt those two as well. Impa I could see, but with luck and sakurai's bias we will just get skull kid lol

AugustusB

Smash Champion
So gang, I thought about a lot of things in the last couple of days. First and foremost, how do people feel about the chair theory as it stands?
Do you believe it to be dismissed because Skull Kid wasn't the next reveal? Do you think it is coincidence that Sakurai's Room looked like that?
Or if you looked at the room during the E3 that you thought...is he hinting at something?

Well, I truly don't want to build up false hope or anything, but I think that stuff is NOT a coincidence. The next direct should show us that.

But why is that, you may ask? Because Skull Kid's reveal could be a lead in to the reveal of Spirits.

This is just a gut feeling, but in my heart of hearts I know he is coming. Think about it, Majora's Mask mechanic dealt with Link transforming into a different version of himself via a mask. But not just any mask...these mask had SPIRITS in them.

IDK I think I am going crazy, but with all the theory talk, people are sleeping on what Spirits could be. Think of it this way...Do you see Incineroar and Ken being revealed with Spirits shortly following?

I doubt it.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Only if a character is really popular/fan requested. Vaati and Tingle, unfortunately, are not as popular as K Rool.
That is true. But still relevancy =/= popular/fan requested. Just wanted to say that.
But I agree that they are far off from happening because of the love they have in comparison to someone like K Rool.
Skull kid/Majora's mask might be indeed one of the most marketed characters and icons from the whole series aside even to this day. Definitely the best contender for a zelda newcomer.

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
Would be worse than no Zelda newcomer at all for a lot of people.

Or Vaati.
Would be cool but Nintendo won't acknowledge the Capcom Zelda games.

Would be 100% beyond all shadow of a doubt a Sheik echo. I'm not against her but Impa by herself as a Zelda character with yet another recycled moveset would be the most meh thing ever.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
So gang, I thought about a lot of things in the last couple of days. First and foremost, how do people feel about the chair theory as it stands?
Do you believe it to be dismissed because Skull Kid wasn't the next reveal? Do you think it is coincidence that Sakurai's Room looked like that?
Or if you looked at the room during the E3 that you thought...is he hinting at something?

Well, I truly don't want to build up false hope or anything, but I think that stuff is NOT a coincidence. The next direct should show us that.

But why is that, you may ask? Because Skull Kid's reveal could be a lead in to the reveal of Spirits.

This is just a gut feeling, but in my heart of hearts I know he is coming. Think about it, Majora's Mask mechanic dealt with Link transforming into a different version of himself via a mask. But not just any mask...these mask had SPIRITS in them.

IDK I think I am going crazy, but with all the theory talk, people are sleeping on what Spirits could be. Think of it this way...Do you see Incineroar and Ken being revealed with Spirits shortly following?

I doubt it.
I do not give credit to any theory based on furniture.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
And here I am thinking any of Skull Kid, Impa, Midna, Tingle, or Vaati would be great additions.

Last edited:

cybersai

Smash Ace
What actually bothers me is Fire Emblem continually gets one-game characters who are immediately irrelevant in a few years time, yet Zelda can't get any one-shot characters, It boggles the mind. Most Fire Emblem characters besides Marth usually don't show up again, Ike had two games back to back on Gamecube/Wii but nothing since, but the same will hold true for the rest of them.

10 years from now, Fire Emblem will probably have like 10+ characters on the roster, and we'll still be stuck with the same Zelda reps. lol

Smash Apprentice
Would be cool but Nintendo won't acknowledge the Capcom Zelda games.
I have no idea why, but when Vaati didn't show up in Hyrule Warriors I sadly began to think this was the case. Nintendo owns the rights to Veran, Onox, and Vaati's human form, right? It can't be any licensing issues.

What actually bothers me is Fire Emblem continually gets one-game characters who are immediately irrelevant in a few years time, yet Zelda can't get any one-shot characters, It boggles the mind. Most Fire Emblem characters besides Marth usually don't show up again, Ike had two games back to back on Gamecube/Wii but nothing since, but the same will hold true for the rest of them.

10 years from now, Fire Emblem will probably have like 10+ characters on the roster, and we'll still be stuck with the same Zelda reps. lol
The thing is Fire Emblem changes ALL the characters, so you can be justified in picking the new main character for every game since they are the main protagonist. Zelda always stars Link so you can't replace him with the next Lord.

Fane

Smash Journeyman
And this is what people don't really like - unbalanced representation. Sure Zelda's got loads of stages (more than Pokémon!), but it's working on 6 characters, three of whom are clones. Meanwhile, to choose another horribly unbalanced series, Fire Emblem's on 3 stages total with seven characters (four unique). The Zelda games themselves are loved for more than just locations and items.
This sooooo much.

Zelda has phenomenal characters like Skull Kid, Impa, Midna, Ghirahim, etc... And they're all shoved into Assists, Trophies, cameos, etc...

Fire Emblem also has a lot of beautiful areas like Hoshido/Nohr Castle, Opera House, Ylisstol Capitol, Valla, etc... Yet we never really get something that shows more than arenas and old castles from the series.

ActualGarbage

Smash Ace

I doubt it.
Honestly, kind of the main reason I have any bank in the chair theory is because I refuse to believe someone would not only buy, but also put such ugly chairs together and think "This looks good."

Top Bottom