• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masked Marauders - Skull Kid For Smash! Night of the Last Day.

What's your favourite transformation in Majora's Mask?

• Deku Link

• Goron Link

• Zora Link

Results are only viewable after voting.

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
Assuming we get 5 more stages, in the "CoroCoro was right" timeline:

Inklings and Simon both bring new stages for being characters from new franchises. Any further new IPs to get a character will presumably recieve the same treatment.

BotW and Odyssey were both due new stages for being huge, succesful new entries in classic franchises. I wouldn't be surprised if Pokemon (Sun and Moon), Donkey Kong (Tropical Freeze), or Kirby (unsure) get new stages from recent games. We haven't seen any older games recieving stages yet, which is a bummer, but it could still happen.

Something we have yet to see are any new stages independent from characters, like a stage for SnipperClips, Ever Oasis, Chibi-Robo, etc. While these were numerous in Brawl, 3DS, and Wii U, I don't expect to see any new ones this time because... well, there's only going to be five more, and I believe we're getting at least one more third-party character, one or two new franchise representers, and a handful of new stages from big franchises like Pokemon or Donkey Kong. So with five more slots, they probably won't be trying anything quirky with side-franchises.

Skull Kid will not be joined by his own stage, Zelda already has a new stage repping BotW, meaning we likely get nothing further. And that's fine. Zelda has an amazing stage list as is. And Skull Kid really isn't affected by any of this, cuz he'll be like Ridley and K Rool just showing up alone. With 5 new stages, we can speculate what this means in relation to newcomers, but there's a wild variance to consider and nothing conclusive can be drawn.

Last edited:

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I don't think DK is getting a new stage, because we would've seen it alongside K. Rool's reveal. And it would've been Gangplank Galleon. :laugh:

EDIT: Following the current pattern, I would assume any new Kirby stage would be from Star Allies, but I also think we would've seen it already. When newcomers from franchises already in the game aren't getting new stages to go with them, it's not likely that they're holding out on showing a Kirby stage to reveal it alongside a character.

Last edited:

All Hail Me

Sarge
I still have hope for Skull Kid! Hopefully next month we get a reveal. I agree with probably not getting a stage, as much as I would love clock tower. But technically we could call gerudo valley a young link stage too and reserve termina bay for skull kid, (I know I am just splitting hairs here)

Sleeps with Butterflies

Smash Apprentice
Can you not imply that I'm disrespecting trans people over this? K thnx bye. Sheik isn't even the same thing as a drag queen anyway. It's a disguise Zelda put up to hide herself from Ganondorf because the fate of her kingdom and the people who live in it were in danger. That's quite a far cry from a guy or a girl dressing up in clothes of the opposite gender for fun.
The fact that you correlate trans people with drag queens pretty much takes the implying right out of it. And you killed what default respect I had for you. So I'm not bothering to read the rest of your post. It's clear that you're comfortable being ignorant and just want to prove people wrong, which is the opposite of helpful or healthy. So I'm ignoring you from now on.

Anyway, it doesn't seem like anyone was listening to me at all. This is why I say western society is weird on genders. All they know is 'binary' and that leaves no room for expression or growth or art.

Did you know that in Shakespeare's time, women weren't allowed onstage? Men would portray female characters. Would the characters themselves be male? NO. THEY WERE ALL STILL FEMALE CHARACTERS.

And yes, I used to think that Zelda used her magic to change her physical form, but even if that isn't true, and she just disguised herself, Shiek himself should still be known as male. She intended to be seen as male. So Shiek is male.

Mrs. Doubtfire, the character is female. When clearly its just Robin Williams in drag. Does that change the gender of the character in the confines of the story HE is telling his family? No. She's still female. And when he comes out of drag, he's male. It's just portraying a role.

It has **** all to do with trans people. Correlating trans people and transvestites is really problematic. In a desperate attempt to not seem transphobic, whoever that bratty kid was actually outed himself as an ignorant individual with a lot of transphobic opinions.

I really don't understand why the idea of characters portraying opposite-gendered characters is so hard for modern westerners to grasp. Zelda. Was. Portraying. Another. Character. One that happened to be male. Your silly beliefs and NOA's ignorance don't change that.

Anyway...go Skull Kid.

Last edited:

Klimax

Smash Ace
The fact that you correlate trans people with drag queens pretty much takes the implying right out of it. And you killed what default respect I had for you. So I'm not bothering to read the rest of your post. It's clear that you're comfortable being ignorant and just want to prove people wrong, which is the opposite of helpful or healthy. So I'm ignoring you from now on.

Anyway, it doesn't seem like anyone was listening to me at all. This is why I say western society is weird on genders. All they know is 'binary' and that leaves no room for expression or growth or art.

Did you know that in Shakespeare's time, women weren't allowed onstage? Men would portray female characters. Would the characters themselves be male? NO. THEY WERE ALL STILL FEMALE CHARACTERS.

And yes, I used to think that Zelda used her magic to change her physical form, but even if that isn't true, and she just disguised herself, Shiek himself should still be known as male. She intended to be seen as male. So Shiek is male.

Mrs. Doubtfire, the character is female. When clearly its just Robin Williams in drag. Does that change the gender of the character in the confines of the story HE is telling his family? No. She's still female. And when he comes out of drag, he's male. It's just portraying a role.

It has **** all to do with trans people. Correlating trans people and transvestites is really problematic. In a desperate attempt to not seem transphobic, whoever that bratty kid was actually outed himself as an ignorant individual with a lot of transphobic opinions.

I really don't understand why the idea of characters portraying opposite-gendered characters is so hard for modern westerners to grasp. Zelda. Was. Portraying. Another. Character. One that happened to be male. Your silly beliefs and NOA's ignorance don't change that.

Anyway...go Skull Kid.
We should stop trying to incorporate real world's problematics into video games, especially when they're made by Nintendo. They don't care about it and players don't care about it. And I'm not sure that saying to people that they're ignorant is the best way to give them the desire to hear you. Honestly, this subject could be interesting, but I don't think that this is the good place to do it, this is Skull Kid's thread.

I think that Skull Kid being playable, sooner or later is very likely. Even if they make him a boss, we can easily imagine that they'll use Majora's Wrath form and not Skull Kid (not having a tall boss would be awkward). And I don't see any problem with having Majora's Wrath as a boss and Skull Kid as a playable character (because I don't believe that we're going to have a story mode like subspace). So, even if they reveal a Majora's Wrath boss fight, it doesn't mean that his chances are dead.

Also, the last Smash Direct opened the Pandora's Box, there's no going back now. Many Skull Kid's fans finally woke up and said how much they want him in the game. It's easy to imagine that now, his popularity among the Smash Bros' fans is just going to grow more and more. I don't know about his chances for the base game but I'm pretty confident about his chances for DLC thanks to his community.

By the way NintenRob NintenRob , feel free to add me to the supporters' list.

Last edited:

Mike Cometa

Smash Rookie
I think that Skull Kid being playable, sooner or later is very likely. Even if they make him a boss, we can easily imagine that they'll use Majora's Wrath form and not Skull Kid (not having a tall boss would be awkward). And I don't see any problem with having Majora's Wrath as a boss and Skull Kid as a playable character (because I don't believe that we're going to have a story mode like subspace). So, even if they reveal a Majora's Wrath boss fight, it doesn't mean that his chances are dead.
I think that if him or Majora´s mask are confirmed as boss it might decrease his chances a bit however we might get Meta Ridley as a boss while Ridley is still a playeable character so even if Majora´s Wrath is a boss it´s not the end of the world.

And were do you think boss are gonna appear besides a Story Mode?

Also NintenRob NintenRob add me to the supporters' list please

Last edited:

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
How would you fight Skull Kid... AS Skull Kid?
This is a game series where you can have 4 (now 8) of the exact same character fight each other and people want to draw the line at a character fighting a boss version of himself or summoning an assist trophy of himself.

Anyway, it doesn't seem like anyone was listening to me at all.
And neither should we have to. This is a thread about Skull Kid in Smash Bros, not your identity politics.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
If Spirits is indeed some sort of story mode, then Skull Kid could be a boss and playable, even if the boss is just Majora. Like SSE, the roster of characters would be separate from the other modes, and you would unlock characters as you progressed. Majora could be a one-time boss, or Skull Kid could go back some levels and fight him/her/whatever, which would be fine as it doesn't affect the story.

Potato_

Smash Lord
Hey Marauders! Reporting from the front lines.

So I thought about something...if there are only 2 characters left to show, how are we going to get to 800 music tracks?

Now that the respected franchise all share music for their stages (Great Bay can play music from Skyloft) Something doesn't add up...

I will keep fighting my Marauder friends! (Trying to peacefully bring down the box lol)
This is a good point I haven't seen many bring up. Unless Spirits Mode is jam packed with music, where the hell would all of these tracks come from?

I feel like if Box Theory is false then there's two possibilities:

1. Ken and Incineroar are next to be revealed, which is why space was saved for them. The box probably has those two on it already and they had to hide it before they were shown.

2. There are characters that are just not going to be on the box. I've seen this theory of "secret" characters proposed before and I really like it, they reveal characters in a trailer but don't advertise them on the boxes of the game to keep the idea of secret characters alive. A casual player probably wouldn't see that trailer and would be legitimately surprised when they found the character.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Didn't SsE have a ton of music? Maybe I'm misremembering, but I thought a decent chunk of music was for that mode.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Didn't SsE have a ton of music? Maybe I'm misremembering, but I thought a decent chunk of music was for that mode.
It had, like, 5 songs exclusive to it, including Tabuu's theme and the generic boss theme used for Galleom and Duon, IIRC.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
There were a few, but it did use a lot of game themes too. Don’t have a number off-hand, but I doubt it was more than 20

Kensho

Smash Apprentice
Has anyone done the math on the amount of tracks we had per series on smash 4 and how they could increase with just the characters we know about?

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Has anyone done the math on the amount of tracks we had per series on smash 4 and how they could increase with just the characters we know about?
Going to figure that out soon! In the works of doing a thesis type deal. As it stands, the ball park estimate is 650ish give or take.
So never fear Marauders, I am trying to figure out a solid number.

Just found this sweet fanart made by Collin Morella (Deviantart, Twitter)

Most of his work is about sci-fi and it really shows in this one, it's a bit Tron-esque:

Other Majora's Mask related stuff from the same artist:

Last edited:

cybersai

Smash Ace
My Skull Kid chances have fallen to 40%. A few weeks ago I was at 75% or so, but now I'm not so sure anymore.

Limited newcomers, box theory, Vergeben, I don't know. There's still Incineroar and a rumored Square rep, that's already 2 more newcomers. Skull Kid would have to be really special to get in besides that.

bnderstandable

Smash Rookie
My Skull Kid chances have fallen to 40%. A few weeks ago I was at 75% or so, but now I'm not so sure anymore.

Limited newcomers, box theory, Vergeben, I don't know. There's still Incineroar and a rumored Square rep, that's already 2 more newcomers. Skull Kid would have to be really special to get in besides that.
The box theory is the exact same thing as the Sm4sh slots, I wouldn’t believe it if I were you. As much as I don’t want to believe Vergeben, he has brought my chances down to 50/50. At this point, he either gets in or he’s a boss. But I’m not losing hope! :)

Fane

Smash Journeyman
The box theory is the exact same thing as the Sm4sh slots, I wouldn’t believe it if I were you. As much as I don’t want to believe Vergeben, he has brought my chances down to 50/50. At this point, he either gets in or he’s a boss. But I’m not losing hope! :)
The box theory, while interesting, has no merit to it right now. We don't see the other side of the box, so there's actually no way of telling if there's actually characters on the other side or not. The side we see could simply be showing off characters we can play in the game as well as showing characters from each game.(64 > Melee > Brawl > Sm4sh > Ultimate)

Vergeben is definitely credible and I'd say taking his word as truth isn't in any way being foolish. He's yet to be proven wrong and continually gets things correct.

HOWEVER, he also hasn't stated whether there's more than he knows or not. He's said the box theory could be true and the Square rep would be the first DLC character, but he's waiting on confirmation from his sources.

I'd go ahead and say the Box theory isn't accurate tbh. We've got under 3 months to release and the likelihood that Sakurai only has one newcomer and an echo to show off is... not very likely, otherwise we probably wouldn't have seen 5 characters in the August direct.

Regardless, don't lose hope or don't gain hope. Just stay neutral for the best outcome. :)

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Going to figure that out soon! In the works of doing a thesis type deal. As it stands, the ball park estimate is 650ish give or take.
So never fear Marauders, I am trying to figure out a solid number.
So I did research on the music tracks and came up with something.
If all of Sm4sh's music came back without being cut + all the remixes and new tracks in Ultimate so far, the number comes out to about 690.
Note
: I took into consideration that on the Smash Direct that the music tracks by franchises were shown. (Example: Kirby had 26 tracks in Sm4sh and has 39 in Ultimate) and added them to the total.

But never fear! Though it was stated that the tracks were at roughly 800 for the stages. In Sakurai's Column about music on Sept 2nd, he stated that there is more music being worked on (or at least some adjustments to that number).

So it seems favorable thus far!

ActualGarbage

Smash Ace
If all of Sm4sh's music came back without being cut + all the remixes and new tracks in Ultimate so far, the number comes out to about 690.
Note
: I took into consideration that on the Smash Direct that the music tracks by franchises were shown. (Example: Kirby had 26 tracks in Sm4sh and has 39 in Ultimate) and added them to the total.

But never fear! Though it was stated that the tracks were at roughly 800 for the stages. In Sakurai's Column about music on Sept 2nd, he stated that there is more music being worked on (or at least some adjustments to that number).

Did you add the hundreds of Castlevania music to that number?

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Did you add the hundreds of Castlevania music to that number?
Yeah. That number is ALL the known music thus far. Includes Castlevania, Splatoon, the extra unknown tracks compared to Sm4sh's counterpart.
I spent literal hours on this endeavor. I am getting some hope and HYPE back!
EDIT: But who knows if all of Sm4sh's stage music tracks are coming back. This is a theoretical number, but I bet it is accurate. Especially watching some of the gameplay on youtube of matches that heavily hinted that all of Sm4sh's stage music is back.

Last edited:

ActualGarbage

Smash Ace
Yeah. That number is ALL the known music thus far. Includes Castlevania, Splatoon, the extra unknown tracks compared to Sm4sh's counterpart.
I spent literal hours on this endeavor. I am getting some hope and HYPE back!
EDIT: But who knows if all of Sm4sh's stage music tracks are coming back. This is a theoretical number, but I bet it is accurate. Especially watching some of the gameplay on youtube of matches that heavily hinted that all of Sm4sh's stage music is back.
So, at least 110 new music tracks? I can dig it.

Kensho

Smash Apprentice
Note

Thank you for doing what I was too lazy to do, and better than I ever could! This really gives me hope, honestly, because you went with the idea of the maximum number of songs and still came 110 short, that strongly points towards someone from a new franchise joining in on the base game, whatever it might be.

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
I don't see any of those 5 stages be returning ones as I don't see why they wouldn't reveal all the returning stages already (sorry Pac Maze). The only currently existing series I see getting a new stage in Smash are Mario (if you count super Mario RPG), Pokemon, and ROB as his series is the only one that doesn't have a stage on the Smash Ultimate website. So I think most or all those 5 stages are from newly introduced smash series that will be revealed besides their character.

All Hail Me

Sarge
So someone put this in the general thread. What is everyone's thoughts on this?
https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/9gqnwp/blog_theory_predicting_a_character_count/
Much better logic and numbers to back up the theory. I didn't think there would only be 2 new characters left for the same reason as above. Why would they announce 5 people in one event if there were only (at that time) 8 people supposedly left according to the box theory? It would have made much more sense for Nintendo to slowly feed those characters out one or two at a time, especially since 3 of those characters were from different IPs, And easily could have had their own trailers over the next 3 months.

EDIT: for grammer

Last edited:

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
I really want skull kid in, but I have my doubts: I feel like the moon would have been his final smash.
But that Skull kid amiibo leak is pretty debatable.
I totally support!

Last edited:

CleverDan

Smash Cadet
So, 80 characters could be what we get. 80 happens to be divisible by four. The roster needs to be divisible by four for smashdown to work. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.
Unless Smash Down is played with three people and 80 is not evenly divisible by three. That's why 72 is a popular character count (the next divisible number is 84).

Although DLC will probably add characters 1-2 at a time. Keeping the roster divisible by 3 or 4 would be difficult, so I don't know how much how much credibility the Smash Down theory holds, (unless you want to believe Sakurai would want entire board clears to be possible in the base game, which could only happen next at 72 characters, and DLC characters would make 'leftover' spots.)

gebi

Cloud Prince
Majora's Mask is one of the best Zelda if not THE best ever made. Add me as a supporter to the list please OP!

Mike Cometa

Smash Rookie
I really want skull kid in, but I have my doubts: I feel like the moon would have been his final smash.
But that Skull kid amiibo leak is pretty debatable.
I totally support!
I don´t think that the moon being an AT matters for it to be Skull Kid final Smash too, I mean Olimar´s final Smash is bouth a Final Smash and a regular item.
Unless Smash Down is played with three people and 80 is not evenly divisible by three. That's why 72 is a popular character count (the next divisible number is 84).

Although DLC will probably add characters 1-2 at a time. Keeping the roster divisible by 3 or 4 would be difficult, so I don't know how much how much credibility the Smash Down theory holds, (unless you want to believe Sakurai would want entire board clears to be possible in the base game, which could only happen next at 72 characters, and DLC characters would make 'leftover' spots.)
I´ve always find the Smashdown argument to be a really silly one, it doesn´t matter if the final number of characters it´s divisible by 2,3 and 4 because that is completely wrecked up if you and one of your opponents picked the same character in one round

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
I don´t think that the moon being an AT matters for it to be Skull Kid final Smash too, I mean Olimar´s final Smash is bouth a Final Smash and a regular item.

I´ve always find the Smashdown argument to be a really silly one, it doesn´t matter if the final number of characters it´s divisible by 2,3 and 4 because that is completely wrecked up if you and one of your opponents picked the same character in one round
Smashdown theory is just bad. Sakurai would never design the roster # for a single game mode.....smh. Also, two people cannot pick the same character. Sakurai clearly stated in the August Direct that you can pick a character your friends are good with before they can pick them. (Means no mirror picks in Smashdown)

Let it die. We will be able to play Smashdown with 2 to 8 players. The mode will probably end when there are not an equal # of players to fighters left. Simple as that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom