• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wendy's Voice

BuckTooth

Smash Rookie
Before this game came out, I was looking forward to Wendy's new voice she had in games such as Mario Kart 8, Rio Olympics, and the Superstar Saga remake. Smash Wii U and Mario Kart 8 released only six months apart, so I can see why Wendy didn't have her new voice then, but four years later, and she still doesn't get it? Don't get me wrong, I love both versions of her voice, but I am all for puberty-Wendy. It disappoints me because I was looking forward to hearing her sing "here we go!" when I won a match. Her voice is so musical! Lately, Nintendo is giving the koopalings more love, but apparently not enough, which, once again, disappoints me.

Last edited:

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
Probably should have expected them to use old recycled voices for the Koopalings, not only they're just costumes for Jr but Jr himself was a late addition to Smash For.
None of the Mario characters got new voice clips, even Daisy has recycled voices from early games.

scalpel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1322-7073-9341
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hPC9Qyqxcg

Wow you're right, Wendy does sound so much better in other games. But does she even utter a single word in Smash? All I remember her saying is the "Woo woo!" when kart spinning, "REEE!" on Up smash, things like that.

Top Bottom