• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Welcome to the #AssistAlliance: AT and Spirit Character Promotion Discussion (What Does Pass 2 Mean for Spirits or Assists?)

What characters do you think are possible to make the jump to be playable?

• Assists

Votes: 18 7.7%
  • Spirits

Votes: 66 28.3%
  • Both

Votes: 121 51.9%
  • Neither

Votes: 28 12.0%

• Total voters

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Updated a directory of all Assist Trophies that have support topics in this section of the forum. Shockingly, only 60% even have topics, this made things easier.

I left out characters like Barbara, Saki, and others who are a gray area since they are either spirits or costumes now, Making a spirit directory may be the hardest part since 80% of all threads here are spirits, so I could use a hand here deciding which ones should be in a possible spirit directory.

For now, check out the ones I listed since they could use some hopefuls pushing for their character to be playable. Some had been dead since last spring or earlier, which says alot. But hey, this is why we are the AssistAlliance.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Updated a directory of all Assist Trophies that have support topics in this section of the forum. Shockingly, only 60% even have topics, this made things easier.
[/COLOR]
really? youd think in a place where even a tetris block has a thread theyd have no problem making ones for a thowmp and the hand and flies

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
really? youd think in a place where even a tetris block has a thread theyd have no problem making ones for a thowmp and the hand and flies
I guess no one is creative enough for movesets or see no reason to vouch for those two.

Chomp and Hammer Bros usually be the only Mario enemy Assists with a fandom.

Actually wait, a Thwomp thread exists. I will update that.

Last edited:

random rendum

Smash Journeyman
I've noticed a rise in Shy Guy support ever since PP. Here are some movesets for generic enemies.

Hammer Bro Moveset-

Neutral B- Hammer Throw (When on shrooms, turned inro big hammers)

Side B- Boomerang Toss (Turn into fireballs)

Up B- Big Jump (Becomes a ground pound)

Down B- Super Mushroom- You turn into Sledge bro. and can only use special moves, but yiu can transform back and the special moves are amplified.

Final Smash- Bro Army- All types of Bros. (Fire, Boomerang, Ice, Sledge, even lesser known ones like Chomp Bros or Yo Bros.) show up to assault the stage from the background.

As an aside, his normal attacks consist of hammers, fireballs, and he can use chain chomps and yo yos. His up smash is based on the circus bros from Color Splash.

Alts
-Green
-Red
-Blue
-No helmet
-Top hat from Color Splash
-Colors from Paper Mario 64
-Yo Bro
-Classic Green

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Shy Guy would be neat, I am shocked he does not have much supporters.

And reminder that I am still considering making a condensed miniature Spirit Directory for the opening post.

Please feel free to tell me all characters that are spirits you feel should be on the list. I been wanting to update the OP for a while now.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Shy Guy would be neat, I am shocked he does not have much supporters.

And reminder that I am still considering making a condensed miniature Spirit Directory for the opening post.

Please feel free to tell me all characters that are spirits you feel should be on the list. I been wanting to update the OP for a while now.
i think with shy guy that regardless of how many supporters he has most mario fans may be focusing on who they think may be the most likely or most "deserving"

as for a spirit directory, well my toad and chibi-robo threads, also bandana, dixie, impa and tom nook (missing nintendo all stars)

Midget Master

Smash Apprentice
I strongly support promoting Assist Trophies and think spirits are almost certainly a given. Couple of ATs I can easily see getting the bump are Isaac, as he's easily one of the biggest remaining longtime Smash requests, and Waluigi, cuz, well, you know.

As for spirits, I think a ton of them could be on the table. The biggest one to me is probably Shantae, but I also think Dixie Kong would be an excellent addition and is one of the very few remaining Nintendo "all-stars" that isn't around.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Shantae, Geno, Captain Toad, Impa, Dixie, Chibi Robo, Tom Nook, Eggman, Elma, Andy, Bandanna Dee, Rayman, and Marx.

Rex, Sans, Saki, Barbara, Ray, Slime, Lip, and Tails will be in a costume section.

I will start working on all of this. Anyone in particular you feel is missing, remind me.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Shantae, Geno, Captain Toad, Impa, Dixie, Chibi Robo, Tom Nook, Eggman, Elma, Andy, Bandanna Dee, Rayman, and Marx.

Rex, Sans, Saki, Barbara, Ray, Slime, Lip, and Tails will be in a costume section.

I will start working on all of this. Anyone in particular you feel is missing, remind me.
seems like a reasonable line up

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
If anyone else has suggestions, let me know. The whole directory for costumes, ATs, spirits, and Pokemon are a work in progress.

That way the OP looks more organized for the thread.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
If anyone else has suggestions, let me know. The whole directory for costumes, ATs, spirits, and Pokemon are a work in progress.

That way the OP looks more organized for the thread.
nice work, one little thing though, the captain toad thread is a join one for him and toad as when i made it i figured not many would support one and not the other

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
nice work, one little thing though, the captain toad thread is a join one for him and toad as when i made it i figured not many would support one and not the other
Got it, Toad fans are torn over which of the two they really want.

I said Captain more since some tend to bring him up more in grand scheme of things than Classic Toad recently.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Got it, Toad fans are torn over which of the two they really want.

I said Captain more since some tend to bring him up more in grand scheme of things than Classic Toad recently.
we're not torn as it happens, most of the regulars in the thread would be happy with either

i guess he gets brought up more cause people think that having his own game gives him an advantage and theyre unaware of wario's woods

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
PapaGenos made a video with us and he is open to more collabs.

I can say our shoutout in his most recent video was a success.

Get ready for more people checking this thread out.

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Hello Everyone, i would like to join this since i wish there was a second chance for characters who are deconfirmed or added as spirits to be playable. i do have a list which is a repeat for the most part(for those who know me) of characters i do like to see in smash.

Assist Trophies/Final Smashes/Hazards/MIIS!!!
Captain Toad
Kamek
Waluigi
Ashley
Dixie Kong(She has a Hat)
Ghirahim
Chef Kawasaki
Marx
Krystal
Meowth
Oshuwott
Snivy
Gardevoir
Bewear
Kumatora
Lady Tiki
Black Knight
Viridi(despite not liking her that much no more)
Isaac
Chibi-Robo
Spring Man
Fiora(but not the mecha form please)
Alucard
Tails
Shadow
Haru/Noir
Goemon
Shovel Knight
Bomberman

Spirits
King Bob-Omb
Geno
Fawful
Paper Mario
Antasma
a Mario Kart Fighter Idea
King Boo or E.Gadd
Captain Syrup
Malon
Impa
Link( A Link Between Worlds)
Hilda
Bandana Dee
Magolor
Smeargle
Black Shadow
Masked Man
Ninten
Caeda
Elincia
Hades
Louie
The Chorus Kids
Starfy( his game might be alright but i think he doesn't deserve to be abused)
Andy
Zael
Calista(she pretty much counts as a main character with Zael)
Donbe & Hikari
Ayumi Tachibana
Mach Rider
Big Boss
Soma Cruz
Chun-Li
Akuma
Rayman
Shantae

Last edited:

millsfan

Smash Apprentice
They can just remove assist trophies from the game with the update that adds them playable. Shadow for smash!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Hello Everyone, i would like to join this since i wish there was a second chance for characters who are deconfirmed or added as spirits to be playable. i do have a list which is a repeat for the most part(for those who know me) of characters i do like to see in smash.

Assist Trophies/Final Smashes/Hazards/MIIS!!!
Captain Toad
Kamek
Waluigi
Ashley
Dixie Kong(She has a Hat)
Ghirahim
Chef Kawasaki
Marx
Krystal
Meowth
Oshuwott
Snivy
Gadevoir
Bewear
Kumatora
Lady Tiki
Black Knight
Viridi(despite not liking her that much no more)
Isaac
Chibi-Robo
Spring Man
Fiora(but not the mecha form please)
Alucard
Tails
Shadow
Haru/Noir
Goemon
Shovel Knight
Bomberman

Spirits
King Bob-Omb
Geno
Fawful
Paper Mario
Antasma
a Mario Kart Fighter Idea
King Boo or E.Gadd
Captain Syrup
Malon
Impa
Link( A Link Between Worlds)
Hilda
Bandana Dee
Magolor
Smeargle
Black Shadow
Masked Man
Ninten
Caeda
Elincia
Hades
Louie
The Chorus Kids
Starfy( his game might be alright but i think he doesn't deserve to be abused)
Andy
Zael
Calista(she pretty much counts as a main character with Zael)
Donbe & Hikari
Ayumi Tachibana
Mach Rider
Big Boss
Soma Cruz
Chun-Li
Akuma
Welcome, and you sure have a nice selection of characters you want to see promoted.

Very unique ones too.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Again, let's remain wary of how much of a Pandora's box upgrading an AT in the same game is. There's a high chance that some fans can go "why did they promote X to be playable, but not X?", so the staff may not be willing to take the risk and save dev resources for other areas. The main goal should be to raise attention for those characters to be considered by next game (just, not really silly ones like Dr. Kawashima and the Moon :p).

That being said, spirits are a lot likelier (well, some of them, I know that more minor and/or esoteric characters wouldn't get a chance anyway), but I want to be 100% sure that it'll be the case. As it is right now, a lot of non-believers fully convinced themselves that we'll just get anyone that's currently not a spirit (i.e. third parties that aren't in the game, and maybe some recent FE characters and Pokémon).

Am I the only one who wants Sukapon to become playable?
Present. Although he probably won't get upgraded anyway, since his game wasn't exported, not even digitally. Rayman would be a pretty good compromise, though.

Last edited:

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
Again, let's remain wary of how much of a Pandora's box upgrading an AT in the same game is. There's a high chance that some fans can go "why did they promote X to be playable, but not X?", so the staff may not be willing to take the risk and save dev resources for other areas. The main goal should be to raise attention for those characters to be considered by next game (just, not really silly ones like Dr. Kawashima and the Moon :p).

That being said, spirits are a lot likelier (well, some of them, I know that more minor and/or esoteric characters wouldn't get a chance anyway), but I want to be 100% sure that it'll be the case. As it is right now, a lot of non-believers fully convinced themselves that we'll just get anyone that's currently not a spirit (i.e. third parties that aren't in the game, and maybe some recent FE characters and Pokémon).

Present. Although he probably won't get upgraded anyway, since his game wasn't exported, not even digitally. Rayman would be a pretty good compromise, though.
Eh that Pandora's box argument is really weak. Did they have such concerns for the other characters when promoting Little Mac in Smash 4 or Isabelle and Dark Smash for Smash Ultimate. Nope. They could just promote one or two and move on if they really want too

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I mean, in the same game. This time there's no one-game buffer period, so I'm remaining cautious of whether they'll continue that old habit or not when the DLC period is going to be much longer than last time, with no forthcoming sequel in the horizon for years to come.

Anyway, I'm done with this thread until major developments with Ultimate happen, so see you around.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I have to admit it seems a bit of a different situation to do it in the same game. Not saying it won't, but I can understand why it's not as likely for Isaac or Waluigi or whomever to get in as playable in Ultimate than it is the next Smash Bros.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Seeing as my top 2 most wanted characters are in this situation. (Midna as an assist trophy and Elma as a spirit)

You can count me in on this thread!

Geno Boost

Smash Master

We still didn’t get a new retro rep like these :ultgnw::ulticeclimbers::ultpit::ultrob::ultduckhunt: in this game so I guess maybe there is a little chance.
The thing about Joy mech fight the game is actually fun than most of the other NES games it’s even my favorite NES game I didn’t expect it to be that fun when I tried it.
Keep in mind I played ice climbers, Mach Rider, excitebike, balloon fighters, clu clu land, devil world, urban champion and many other retro NES games but they weren’t as fun as joy mech fight.
Even though Joy mech fight is dead and only have been in Japan I think it deserves a 2nd chance.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
if anything hes representing his own games rather than snk
Eh...He's SNK's mascot and is more known for their crossover series, The King of Fighters, than the series that actually focuses on him, Fatal Fury. Plus the stage he comes with is a King of Fighters arena rather than one of Terry's own stages in the FF or even KoF series.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Am I the only one who wants Sukapon to become playable?
Right here. Honestly, my reaction towards Sukapon being revealed as an AT for Smash Ultimate at E3 2018 was one of both joy (at Joy Mech Fight FINALLY getting better representation in Smash past a mere sticker) and immense disappointment at being deconfirmed as a playable character (at least... in the BASE game...)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Retros as a DLC character is a bigger rabbit hole itself

Not to use the irrelevant argument when we have K Rool and Banjo, but that issue is more would that character be able to sell or really captivate Smash fans. Especially if their last game was years ago.

Ayumi may not have that issue since at least there are remakes coming soon. Unfortunately the same can't be said for people like Sukapon, Takamaru, Mach Rider, Donbe & Hikari, etc.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Retros as a DLC character is a bigger rabbit hole itself
When they showed all the Nintendo consoles from 1977 to 2017 in the Terry trailer, I thought we were getting a retro character from the 1970s like EVR Race (Nintendo’s first video game) who is a jockey riding a horse... or maybe even a 19th century character like Daitouryou who is a Hanafuda playing card with Napoleon’s face printed on the front.

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
Well I just got widly depressed lmao. Just searched "Assist Alliance" on smashboards and just found several posts of people declaring us dead and or misinterpreting our goals. No we're not dead, we just see Twitter as a more viable location to promote then smashboards. lol Still, it hurt to see us brushed off THAT relentlessly in a couple comments.

Top Bottom