• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Welcome to the #AssistAlliance: AT and Spirit Character Promotion Discussion (What Does Pass 2 Mean for Spirits or Assists?)

What characters do you think are possible to make the jump to be playable?

• Assists

Votes: 18 7.7%
  • Spirits

Votes: 66 28.3%
  • Both

Votes: 121 51.9%
  • Neither

Votes: 28 12.0%

• Total voters

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I strongly support. I want my girl Krystal and my boy Zero playable. I also want Isaac playable so the Isaac fans can be happy.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I've updated the OP with a link to our official Bitchute channel.

We haven't updated any videos for the movement just yet, but expect them in the near future.

CboyC95

Smash Apprentice
Here is my personal top twenty pick for assist trophies and spirits to be playable characters. (in no particular order)
1. The Three Mage-Sisters (thread)
2. Phosphora
3. Chun-Li
4. Sakura (Street Fighter)
5. Jody Summer
6. Twintelle
7. Charlie and Brittany
8. Jeanne
9. Isaac
10. Bomberman
11. Lyn
12. Rayman
13. Ayumi Tachibana
14. Akari Hayami
15. Ryota Hayami
16. Midna (Hyrule Warriors)
17. Tetra
18. Takamaru
19. Shovel Knight
20. Gardevoir

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Here is my personal top twenty pick for assist trophies and spirits to be playable characters. (in no particular order)
2. Phosphora
3. Chun-Li
5. Jody Summer
6. Twintelle
7. Charlie and Brittany
8. Jeanne
9. Isaac
10. Bomberman
12. Rayman
13. Ayumi Tachibana
14. Akari Hayami
15. Ryota Hayami
17. Tetra
18. Takamaru
19. Shovel Knight
20. Gardevoir
Very nice list.

A lot of these are characters I would like to see make the jump. Especially Ayumi Tachibana.

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
Honestly shocked this thread became a thing. Has anyone reached out to the guy who predicted that this would be a thing?

?????????????

Smash Master
Hello everyone! I just finished a new moveset video, which just so happens to be on an Assist character, so I thought I'd share it here!

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
Getting pretty tired of seeing my most wanted characters becoming assist trophies. I support this even though I have no hopes anymore.

Who knows though, if we get a wave 2 for DLC then maybe the graveyard of wasted potential that is the assist trophy roster could end up being a little less full.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Sign me up for this. I have some characters on both sides of the spectrum I would really like to see get in.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I'd love to see Black Shadow and Elma promoted to playable, among some others.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
well i saw them sharing some images on twitter i was gonna offer them the use of some images i drew of some characters thatd fall into the category
Oh sure, we are all open to it.

Feel free to DM Pappy here your drawings and we can share them.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
And I will say this, Xenoblade as a franchise deserves better. So I am all for Rex and Elma making the jump period.

CboyC95

Smash Apprentice
Here are some more characters to add to my list of "Most Wanted":

- Amy Rose
- Charlotte Aulin
- Adeleine and Ribbon
- Medusa (Kid Icarus Uprising)
- Viridi
- Alm and Celica
- Rex and Pyra
- Shadow the Hedgehog
- Roll (Mega Man)
- Azura
- Octoling
- Mach Rider
- Lip
- Risky Boots
- Delphox
- Prince Sable
- Krystal
- Captain Syrup
- Nikki (Swapnote) (Don't laugh!)
- Susie (Kirby Planet Robobot)

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

- Amy Rose
- Charlotte Aulin
- Adeleine and Ribbon
- Viridi
- Alm and Celica
- Rex and Pyra
- Shadow the Hedgehog
- Roll (Mega Man)
- Azura
- Octoling
- Mach Rider
- Lip
- Risky Boots
- Delphox
- Prince Sable
- Krystal
- Captain Syrup
Verty nice list? Not bad at all.

Some I would absolutely love like Krystal, Azura, Octoling, Medusa, and Rex.

CboyC95

Smash Apprentice
2. Phosphora
3. Chun-Li
5. Jody Summer
6. Twintelle
7. Charlie and Brittany
8. Jeanne
9. Isaac
10. Bomberman
11. Lyn
12. Rayman
13. Ayumi Tachibana
14. Akari Hayami
15. Ryota Hayami
17. Tetra
18. Takamaru
19. Shovel Knight
20. Gardevoir
I didn't add number 11. My fault.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
And I will say this, Xenoblade as a franchise deserves better. So I am all for Rex and Elma making the jump period.
This, so much this.

You think with how Xenoblade is growing as a franchise, it would get a decent amount of representation in Smash.

All we gotten was 3 new songs from 2, just spirits for 2 and X, and two 2 costumes (Rex and Nia).

That is still not good enough and people are comparing Shulk to Captain Falcon already.

Last edited:

CboyC95

Smash Apprentice

- Amy Rose
- Charlotte Aulin
- Adeleine and Ribbon
- Viridi
- Alm and Celica
- Rex and Pyra
- Shadow the Hedgehog
- Roll (Mega Man)
- Azura
- Octoling
- Mach Rider
- Lip
- Risky Boots
- Delphox
- Prince Sable
- Krystal
- Captain Syrup
Add Shantae, Tifa, and Kate Allen to the list.

Last edited:

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
If they DO also add Ryo Hazuki as a playable fighter and a semi-clone of Akira Yuki, they should make a Shenmue stage for him (maybe Dobuita, the Hazuki Residence/Dojo, or Guilin), with music from Shenmue 1 and Shenmue 2, like the Main Theme, Shenhua, Hip de Hop, FREE music, Nightfall, Earth and Sea (Battle 1 and Battle 2), QTE Battle, along with other Battle music, Tomato Convenience Store, Bob’s Pizza, Scarlatto/Rush to the Harbor, Darts music, especially Barry Jones’ Theme, etc. And some Virtua Fighter music. Both original music and new remixes!

Last edited:

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
If they DO also add Ryo Hazuki as a playable fighter and a semi-clone of Akira Yuki, they should make a Shenmue stage for him (maybe Dobuita, the Hazuki Residence/Dojo, or Guilin), with music from Shenmue 1 and Shenmue 2, like the Main Theme, Shenhua, Hip de Hop, Nightfall, FREE music, Earth and Sea (Battle 1 and Battle 2), QTE Battle, along with other Battle music, Tomato Convenience Store, Bob’s Pizza, Scarlatto/Rush to the Harbor, Darts music, especially Barry Jones’ Theme, etc. And some Virtua Fighter music. Both original music and new remixes!
They should also add both the Shenmue 1 and Shenmue 2 versions of Earth and Sea. Both versions are EPIC!

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
If they DO also add Ryo Hazuki as a playable fighter and a semi-clone of Akira Yuki, they should make a Shenmue stage for him (maybe Dobuita, the Hazuki Residence/Dojo, or Guilin), with music from Shenmue 1 and Shenmue 2, like the Main Theme, Shenhua, Hip de Hop, FREE music, Nightfall, Earth and Sea (Battle 1 and Battle 2), QTE Battle, along with other Battle music, Tomato Convenience Store, Bob’s Pizza, Scarlatto/Rush to the Harbor, Darts music, especially Barry Jones’ Theme, etc. And some Virtua Fighter music. Both original music and new remixes!
Very great ideas.

Not sure if echoes from different series are possible, although that's what Ganondorf used to be in Melee.

I wouldn't mind Akira or Ryo.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
This, so much this.

You think with how Xenoblade is growing as a franchise, it would get a decent amount of representation in Smash.

All we gotten was 3 new songs from 2, just spirits for 2 and X, and two 2 costumes (Rex and Nia).

That is still not good enough and people are comparing Shulk to Captain Falcon already.
Exactly, this is why I am hoping Xenobalde gets better treatment with DLC or even in the future.

Shulk alone isn't good enough and we deserve better representation for Xenoblade.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Out of curiosity, is there anyone here supportive of playable Sukapon?
Sukapon is neat

Shame that no one made a new support topic for him before Ultimate's release. The last one was before Smash 4's release and most of his supporters had long moved on (as in left the forums).

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Out of curiosity, is there anyone here supportive of playable Sukapon?
Easily one of my top 5 most wanted.
Sukapon is neat

Shame that no one made a new support topic for him before Ultimate's release. The last one was before Smash 4's release and most of his supporters had long moved on (as in left the forums).
I actually thought about doing it, but I hesitated since I’ve never run a thread before. Then he was quickly disconfirmed and that was that.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Easily one of my top 5 most wanted.

I actually thought about doing it, but I hesitated since I’ve never run a thread before. Then he was quickly disconfirmed and that was that.
What a shame, that at least would had been nice.

Or at least gave Sukapon some visibility before the AT.

Some Beedrill

Smash Apprentice
I don't know why you decided to do this again after quiting, but okay. I just personally forcing someone that risks their life making platform fighting games shouldn't be bombarded with requests to things that have been done.

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
I’m all about this. With Isaac being my most wanted character for the past three games, I’m naturally gonna support any method there is to get him in there :p

On top of my boy, so many of the best character options have been relegated to assists for too long. Waluigi, of course comes to mind. As well as Goroh, Takamaru, Ashley, and characters like Saki and Ray, who are M.I.A. in Ultimate entirely. I’d also love to see Bomberman, Shovel Knight and Alucard made playable. Although I imagine the latter would be pretty low in priority.

Anyways, I’m down. #AssistAlliance

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I’m all about this. With Isaac being my most wanted character for the past three games, I’m naturally gonna support any method there is to get him in there :p

On top of my boy, so many of the best character options have been relegated to assists for too long. Waluigi, of course comes to mind. As well as Goroh, Takamaru, Ashley, and characters like Saki and Ray, who are M.I.A. in Ultimate entirely. I’d also love to see Bomberman, Shovel Knight and Alucard made playable. Although I imagine the latter would be pretty low in priority.

Anyways, I’m down. #AssistAlliance
Welcome, glad to have your aboard and the whole point of this is well just not faltering and still pushing for our favorites characters as fighters.

And great choices. I agree with most of them personally other than my number one.

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
They should also add both the Shenmue 1 and Shenmue 2 versions of Earth and Sea. Both versions are EPIC!
I think we also need Daytona USA music for Smash.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I don't know why you decided to do this again after quiting, but okay. I just personally forcing someone that risks their life making platform fighting games shouldn't be bombarded with requests to things that have been done.
Don’t you think ‘forcing’ and ‘risks their life’ are a bit extreme? This isn’t forcing anyone, it’s just voicing demand. Sakurai isn’t risking his life, he has a work ethic that is hazardous to his health but he chooses to do so.

Some Beedrill

Smash Apprentice
Don’t you think ‘forcing’ and ‘risks their life’ are a bit extreme? This isn’t forcing anyone, it’s just voicing demand. Sakurai isn’t risking his life, he has a work ethic that is hazardous to his health but he chooses to do so.
He does CHOSE to do it, but he's going through it in the first place. If you saw someones hand get cut off and someone walks up to them and asks for them to make a biscuit, you'd be mad to.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
He does CHOSE to do it, but he's going through it in the first place. If you saw someones hand get cut off and someone walks up to them and asks for them to make a biscuit, you'd be mad to.
...what a weird metaphor. Nobody’s chopping their hands off mate.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I think you are misunderstanding things completely.

The whole point is that we just want to find ways to talk about our characters without being shut down and reminded that they will never happen. The whole point is to inspire them, let them keep doing what they want, and not feel forced to admit that character will never happen.

Sakurai has a heavy work load, we all can't deny that. But this is his franchise and he's just too much of a perfectionist to let anyone handle it. I think most of us here will support the current Fighter Pass and get all of the new fighters. But what we also want is just to keep talking about the character we like and enjoy without being forced to be silenced by those that can't let us voice our opinions.

I can understand the concern Beedrill, I really do. But at the same time, this is for the best since some of us have ambitions and we wouldn't drop them for the sake of focusing on who's likely or who is realistically going to happen. And I'll say this, I can respect your pinion. But at the same time, don't expect others to really agree with it.

Top Bottom