• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Welcome to the #AssistAlliance: AT and Spirit Character Promotion Discussion (What Does Pass 2 Mean for Spirits or Assists?)

What characters do you think are possible to make the jump to be playable?

• Assists

Votes: 18 7.7%
  • Spirits

Votes: 66 28.3%
  • Both

Votes: 121 51.9%
  • Neither

Votes: 28 12.0%

• Total voters

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Am I the only one who wants Raymond Bryce from Disaster: Day of Crisis?
Actually, I have been wondering about him since pre-Smash 4. Don't know why I thought this, but when it started to become more and more likely that Snake wouldn't be returning for Smash 4, I felt Raymond would be a decent replacement for him. I don't know, maybe it was his design that made me think that.

All this being said, I wouldn't be opposed to Raymond in Smash.

Demarlion

Smash Cadet
Actually, I have been wondering about him since pre-Smash 4. Don't know why I thought this, but when it started to become more and more likely that Snake wouldn't be returning for Smash 4, I felt Raymond would be a decent replacement for him. I don't know, maybe it was his design that made me think that.

All this being said, I wouldn't be opposed to Raymond in Smash.
Sadly, It'd be odd to have him use grenades as he has never used an explosive except an RPG. But I think he'd be cool choice, using firearms. I mean Joker broke the firearm rule, what's stopping Bryce?

I also do. Don't ask me why because I can't for the life of me explain why.
Don't worry. I personally like the guy because he has a great moveset idea with firearms. Plus he's basically an action movie character, so he'd be nice to see. Not only that, Disaster was one of Monolith Soft's first games for Nintendo.

millsfan

Smash Apprentice
We need Shadow... it’s getting really annoying to wait.

My assist pass dlc would be/ Shadow, Isaac, skull kid, Krystal, knuckles. If we can’t get two more sonic people, I’d do bomberman. Maybe walking as the bonus fighter like piranha plant

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
We need Shadow... it’s getting really annoying to wait.

My assist pass dlc would be/ Shadow, Isaac, skull kid, Krystal, knuckles. If we can’t get two more sonic people, I’d do bomberman. Maybe walking as the bonus fighter like piranha plant
Don't worry my dude. I have seen the way and I've Seen that Shadow will be playable in Smash

Demarlion

Smash Cadet
If I know you, I'd say you're already making one.

Would love to!
Jab/Jab Combo: Raymond punches twice, then pistol whips.
Dash Attack: Raymond fires from an Assault Rifle as he runs forward.
Side Tilt: Raymond takes a shot with his pistol.
Up Tilt: Raymond shoots at an upwards angle.
Down Tilt: Raymond shoots at the ground.
Side Smash: Raymond takes a step back and throws a hard kick. References Raymond's action when facing a hard to open door at times.
Up Smash: Raymond reels his fists back and punches upwards.
Down Smash: Raymond aims a rocket launcher at the floor and fires.
Neutral Air: Raymond kicks twice.
Front Air: Raymond shoots forward with a shotgun.
Back Air: Raymond elbows behind him.
Up Air: Raymond swings his fist upwards.
Down Air: Raymond shoots below him with an Assault Rifle.
Grab: Raymond reaches out.
Pummel: Raymond pistol whips.
Front Throw: Raymond headbutts the opponent away. References a moment in the opening cutscene.
Back Throw: Raymond gets behind the opponent and shoots them in the back.
Up Throw: Raymond uppercuts the opponent.
Down Throw: Raymond punches the opponent, making them collapse. References one of the quick time events.

SPECIALS
Neutral Special: Junk: Raymond throws junk. Does minimal damage and nearly no knockback. But there is a chance he'll throw a ninja star, dealing big damage and having large knockback.
Side Special: Concentration: Raymond focuses as he aims his handgun forward, and fires. Deals tons of damage, but is hard to hit with due to its long wait time. References the concentration ability.
Up Special: Rescue Rope: Raymond tosses out a rescue rope upwards. If used on ground, it's useful for grabbing opponents out of the air and dragging them down. In the air, it's a tether recovery.
Down Special: Gatling Gun: Raymond pulls out a Gatling gun and starts firing. Heavy damage, but takes a while to start.

FINAL SMASH
Survival Instinct: Raymond fires a shot from his gun. If it hits, the scene changes to a cinematic where Raymond and the opponent/s see a Tsunami, forcing them to run for safety. However, the tsunami catches the opponent/s as Raymond gets to safety. It is an instant KO at 100%.

Victory Animation 1: Raymond puts his handgun away, as he says, “This is one hell of a day.”
Victory Animation 2: Raymond aims his handgun to his left and right, before lowering it and saying, “Guess that's over.”
Victory Animation 3: Raymond looks at the compass Steve gave him and says, “Just hang in there, Lisa...”

Default Colour: Black Hair and Shirt, Brown Pants and Shoes
Alt Colour 1: Brown Shirt, Black Pants and Shoes
Alt Colour 2: Grey Shirt, Blue Pants, White Shoes
Alt Colour 3: Red Shirt and Shoes, White Pants
Alt Colour 4: White Shirt, Green Pants and Shoes
Alt Colour 5: Blue Shirt, Grey Pants and Shoes
Alt Colour 6: Yellow Shirt, Red Pants, Green Shoes
Alternate Costume: International Rescue Team Uniform

ENTRANCE
Raymond runs in and quickly draws his handgun.

TAUNTS
Up Taunt: Raymond shakes his head, muttering “What's even going on...?”
Side Taunt: Raymond reloads his handgun.
Down Taunt: Raymond looks at his surroundings, then says “No one needs rescuing around here...” References the quote Raymond says if you press the button to call for survivors when no one is nearby.

Boxing Ring Title: The Disaster Survivor

Kirby Hat: Kirby wears Raymond's hair.

CLASSIC MODE ROUTE
Day of Crisis: Raymond fights characters that relate to Natural Disasters.

Stage 1: VS. Charizard (Volcanic Eruption)
Stage 2: VS. Donkey Kong (Earthquake)
Stage 3: VS. Bowser (Firestorm)
Stage 4: VS. Greninja (Tsunami)
Stage 5: VS. Corrin (Hurricane)
Stage 6: VS. Cloud Strife (All)
BONUS STAGE: Race to the Finish
Final Stage: VS. Master Hand & Crazy Hand

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Side Smash: Raymond takes a step back and throws a hard kick. References Raymond's action when facing a hard to open door at times.
Front Throw: Raymond headbutts the opponent away. References a moment in the opening cutscene.
Down Throw: Raymond punches the opponent, making them collapse. References one of the quick time events.

SPECIALS
Neutral Special: Junk: Raymond throws junk. Does minimal damage and nearly no knockback. But there is a chance he'll throw a ninja star, dealing big damage and having large knockback.
Side Special: Concentration: Raymond focuses as he aims his handgun forward, and fires. Deals tons of damage, but is hard to hit with due to its long wait time. References the concentration ability.
Up Special: Rescue Rope: Raymond tosses out a rescue rope upwards. If used on ground, it's useful for grabbing opponents out of the air and dragging them down. In the air, it's a tether recovery.
Down Special: Gatling Gun: Raymond pulls out a Gatling gun and starts firing. Heavy damage, but takes a while to start.

FINAL SMASH
Survival Instinct: Raymond fires a shot from his gun. If it hits, the scene changes to a cinematic where Raymond and the opponent/s see a Tsunami, forcing them to run for safety. However, the tsunami catches the opponent/s as Raymond gets to safety. It is an instant KO at 100%.

Victory Animation 1: Raymond puts his handgun away, as he says, “This is one hell of a day.”
Victory Animation 2: Raymond aims his handgun to his left and right, before lowering it and saying, “Guess that's over.”
Victory Animation 3: Raymond looks at the compass Steve gave him and says, “Just hang in there, Lisa...”

ENTRANCE

TAUNTS
Down Taunt: Raymond looks at his surroundings, then says “No one needs rescuing around here...” References the quote Raymond says if you press the button to call for survivors when no one is nearby.

CLASSIC MODE ROUTE

There's a lot of thought behind this! Consider me sold.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero

SPECIALS

FINAL SMASH

ENTRANCE

TAUNTS

CLASSIC MODE ROUTE

My goodness, this has a lot of thought behind it! You'e really sold me on Raymond here!

smashkirby

Smash Hero

SPECIALS

FINAL SMASH

ENTRANCE

TAUNTS

CLASSIC MODE ROUTE

I know I already commented on this, but I'm not joking... maybe you should just make a Raymond Bryce thread at this point. Seriously, this is SO good, it near-warrants a thread, IMO.

If I know you, I'd say you're already making one.
Sadly, no. Although, I think Demarlion Demarlion do a better job than I would at making one.

Heck, I even have a stage idea.
Oh, please let me hear it.

Demarlion

Smash Cadet
I know I already commented on this, but I'm not joking... maybe you should just make a Raymond Bryce thread at this point. Seriously, this is SO good, it near-warrants a thread, IMO.

Sadly, no. Although, I think Demarlion Demarlion do a better job than I would at making one.

Oh, please let me hear it.
Sadly, because I'm on a phone, I don't think threads are good for those. Anyway, here's the stage: Submerged Streets.

The stage first starts on a cracked road after an earthquake. There is a walkoff on the left, and a hole on the right, and not many platforms. But after 30 seconds, a tsunami rushes into the stage and drags the fighters onto some rubble on the now Submerged Streets. You fight on the rubbles and ruined pieces of metal. The hazard include some debris flying through the air, and at times, SURGE members will appear to open fire on the fighters (If Raymond is in the match, they'll even say "It's him!"). Oh, and DON'T jump in the water. It immediately drowns you as it's raging waters in a tsunami.

Demarlion

Smash Cadet
Oh, once my fanfic "The Dark Side of Light" gets 40 or 50 followers....I will mention this thread!

If you're all wondering, the fanfic is a World of Light fanfic but with some non-playable characters taking the roles of the fighters instead.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
You know, you could make you a support topic for Raymond Bryce if you want Demarlion.

And interesting Top 5 lists everyone. I have to say that Smashkirby and Mr Nintendo had the most interesting ones. I am still curious to hear opinions on others they feel are the Top 5 AT and Spirit promotions.

Last edited:

Demarlion

Smash Cadet
You know, you could make you a support topic for Raymond Bryce if you want Demarlion.

And interesting Top 5 lists everyone. I have to say that Smashkirby and Mr Nintendo had the most interesting ones. I am still curious to hear opinions on others they feel are the Top 5 AT and Spirit promotions.
I suppose? I have a few things in the works.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Oh, once my fanfic "The Dark Side of Light" gets 40 or 50 followers....I will mention this thread!

If you're all wondering, the fanfic is a World of Light fanfic but with some non-playable characters taking the roles of the fighters instead.
So, is it like a WoL AU where the NPCs are the main focus? Or are they on their own adventure at the same time as the playable cast?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Brain Age is one of the best selling educational games from Nintendo

It is Big Brain Academy however that is dead.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Huh. Interesting. I thought Brain Age was dead for whatever reason.
Brain Age is one of the best selling educational games from Nintendo

It is Big Brain Academy however that is dead.
Just so I can be sure I'm remembering this right... Big Brain Academy is Nintendo's OTHER 'Edutainment' series where Dr. Lobe is the 'host character' right?

Also, this has been boggling my mind for Heaven knows how long, but is Big Brain Academy a spin-off of the Brain Age series (or vice-versa)?

Finally (and I don't think I'm going nuts here), didn't someone on SB make a 'Dr. Lobe for Smash' thread? I know I came across it once...

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Just so I can be sure I'm remembering this right... Big Brain Academy is Nintendo's OTHER 'Edutainment' series where Dr. Lobe is the 'host character' right?

Also, this has been boggling my mind for Heaven knows how long, but is Big Brain Academy a spin-off of the Brain Age series (or vice-versa)?

Finally (and I don't think I'm going nuts here), didn't someone on SB make a 'Dr. Lobe for Smash' thread? I know I came across it once...
Yes, Big Brain Academy is the one with Dr. Lobe. No, it's not a spin-off of Brain Age. Yes, I also recall seeing a Dr. Lobe for Smash thread. I'm more of a Kawashima guy myself, but I'd really like to see Dr. Lobe in a bigger capacity, like an AT or as a big presence in a Brain Academy stage.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Yes, Big Brain Academy is the one with Dr. Lobe. No, it's not a spin-off of Brain Age. Yes, I also recall seeing a Dr. Lobe for Smash thread. I'm more of a Kawashima guy myself, but I'd really like to see Dr. Lobe in a bigger capacity, like an AT or as a big presence in a Brain Academy stage.
Ah, thank you. Believe me, I wasn't kidding when I said it's been on my mind for YEARS whether or not Big Brain Academy and Brain Age were intricately related in some way. Also, I agree with you that Dr. Lobe kind of does seem like the type of character that seems like he should some kind of more important role in Smash. Even if he's not playable (though I certainly wouldn't object if that ever does happen), an AT role for him or having a stage from his games would be nice.

which is a shame cause dr lobe would have been amazing in smash
Yeah, as I've said, I certainly wouldn't object if Dr. Lobe (by some miracle) ever suddenly became playable in a Smash Bros. game.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
Croagunk is both an assistant and playable character in Pokken Tournament.
Lakitu is both a starter and a plable character in Mario Kart 8. Rathalos is both an assistant and a boss in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.
Majora's Mask Moon is both a background element and a assistant in Super Smash Bros.Ultimate.
Toon Link is both a background element and a playable character in Super Smash Bros. 4 and Ultimate, and he and Young Link are both present in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.
Moral of the story? Every rule is valid until it's broken. So I say "both".

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Ah, thank you. Believe me, I wasn't kidding when I said it's been on my mind for YEARS whether or not Big Brain Academy and Brain Age were intricately related in some way. Also, I agree with you that Dr. Lobe kind of does seem like the type of character that seems like he should some kind of more important role in Smash. Even if he's not playable (though I certainly wouldn't object if that ever does happen), an AT role for him or having a stage from his games would be nice.

Yeah, as I've said, I certainly wouldn't object if Dr. Lobe (by some miracle) ever suddenly became playable in a Smash Bros. game.
just dropping brains on people

Croagunk is both an assistant and playable character in Pokken Tournament.
Lakitu is both a starter and a plable character in Mario Kart 8. Rathalos is both an assistant and a boss in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.
Majora's Mask Moon is both a background element and a assistant in Super Smash Bros.Ultimate.
Toon Link is both a background element and a playable character in Super Smash Bros. 4 and Ultimate, and he and Young Link are both present in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.
Moral of the story? Every rule is valid until it's broken. So I say "both".
to be fair its two different incarnations of toon link, but your point still stands

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
to be fair its two different incarnations of toon link, but your point still stands
Smash Toon Link seems to be all the Toon Links now.

He was introduced in a cutscene on Pirate Ship and now he has a classic mode based on Tri Force Heroes.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
His moveset is mostly generic Zelda moves anyway.
well youve got me there all thats really from winder waker is the baton itself and the pigs in his victories, guess that does make him a little less definitive than the other 5

have to say im getting bored of watching toon link chase pigs

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton

Hey thanks :)

ivanlerma

Smash Champion

that sounds interesting, iv'e been working on a world of light comic adaption were there's non playable characters appearing with the ones available.

andree123

Smash Ace
Oh, I’m very happy about Meowth’s Final Smash. :awesome:

Ssriously... now is a good time to support Meowth and Team Rocket for Smash.

Meowth and Team Rocket are finally relevant in games again.

Sun / Moon - Meowth is finally available as a wild Pokémon again (you couldn’t catch them in Ruby / Sapphire, Diamond / Pearl, Black / White, and X / Y); Meowth gets an Alolan form

Ultra Sun / Ultra Moon - Team Rocket finally came back (they were only in Red / Blue and Gold / Silver and their remakes)

Pokémon Let’s Go - Jessie, James, and Meowth from the anime finally got a video game appearance for the first time since Pokémon Yellow and Pokémon Puzzle League

Smash Ultimate DLC - Team Rocket is the first Pokémon Mii costume

Sword / Shield - Meowth gets a Gigantamax form; Mystery Gift Pokémon available for the first three months

Meowth & Team Rocket for Smash!
Meowth seems to get a more support by the Pokemon games, maybe it is a good time for Meowth to become the first ever Pokeball-to-Fighter since Charizard was.

Top Bottom