• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Welcome to the #AssistAlliance: AT and Spirit Character Promotion Discussion (What Does Pass 2 Mean for Spirits or Assists?)

What characters do you think are possible to make the jump to be playable?

• Assists

Votes: 18 7.7%
  • Spirits

Votes: 66 28.3%
  • Both

Votes: 121 51.9%
  • Neither

Votes: 28 12.0%

• Total voters

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

We are the #AssistAlliance, a movement dedicated to keep discussion of characters who are deconfirmed with some role in Super Smash Brothers. Whether that be an Assist Trophy (our biggest focus), Spirits, Bosses, Costumes, Stage cameos, and/or Final Smash appearances.

Our top 3 goals are:

• Maintain and promote consistent support for deconfirmed characters for a possible 2nd Fighter Pass or a future Smash title.
  • Create strong, mutual relationships with different character communities and fan bases.
  • Spread this movement to be a voice to those who want to see deconfirmed characters playable.

Just like you, we feel that many characters who didn't make the initial roster cut for Ultimate needed a chance in Smash after a long time. In order to best accomplish that, we feel that it is necessary to reach a consistent level of support for all fan-favorite deconfirmed characters through a unified movement. We started this movement to keep the ball rolling for these characters so it is recognized how much value they hold to fans like ourselves.

We believe our goals are possible if we rally together and work towards a common goal of showing support for the characters we want, no matter how deconfirmed they may seem. Characters aren't deconfirmed until people stop supporting them, and our goal is to keep our dreams alive by keeping their support alive.

Assist Thread Directory
Skull Kid
Isaac
Midna
Waluigi
Krystal
Shadow
Bomberman
Alucard
Takamaru
Ashley
Yuri Kozukata
Andross
Starfy
Lyn
Ghirahim
Zero
Prince Sable
Dillon
Knuckles
Dr Kawashima
Arcade Bunny
Black Knight
Chain Chomp
Akira Yuki
Shovel Knight
Spring Man
Nintendog
Nikki
Rodin
Hammer Bros.
Tiki
Thwomp
Sheriff

Spirit Directory
Rayman
Elma
Captain Toad
Impa
Geno
Shantae
Eggman
Tom Nook
Andy
Bandana Dee
Octoling
Tsubasa Oribe
Demille
Jill & Drill Dozer

Costume Directory
Rex
Slime
Ray
Sans
Lip
Tails
Saki Amamiya
Dixie Kong
Marx
Barbara the Bat
Chibi Robo
Viridi

Pokeball Summon Directory
Meowth
Eevee
Gardevior
Mimikyu
Snorlax
Zoroark
Deoxys
Snivy
Genesect
Meloetta
Tapu Koko
Bewear

#AssistAlliance Twitter
https://twitter.com/AssistUnite

#AssistAlliance Discord
https://discord.gg/pHF5jgf

#AssistAlliance YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRBA_dQiKLqU4lrNsUAajbg

#AssistAlliance Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/assistalliance/

Discuss

Talk about any character you feel is relevant to the subject of deconfirmed characters or even your thoughts on the movement. As long as it is completely on topic and Smash related. Feel free to discuss movesets, why that character is special, or the series they are from.

Last edited:

Pappy Parappy

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 0954 1721 1707
Hopefully with our presence online we can get Sakurai to maybe consider promoting Assist Trophies either for DLC or for the next Smash Brothers!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Hopefully with our presence online we can get Sakurai to maybe consider promoting Assist Trophies either for DLC or for the next Smash Brothers!
Right and this one of our main goals after all. As well as finding if any like minded people here that share our same feelings on the matter. There's only none way to find out.

On a new subject, what characters would you support being in Smash that are Assist or Spirits?

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
Count me in! I support Isaac first and foremost, but I also actively support Shovel Knight, Takamaru, and Waluigi, but I support every other Assist and Spirit that got shafted this time around. I have high hopes for DLC, and I think we can leave a big mark on Sakurai and the Smash team.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I'm in, especially for poor Shadow and Geno. Give me my darling boys.

DuckMeat

Smash Rookie
Additionally, if you're involved in any character cords, feel free to link them - we're always on the lookout for new partners.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I love the smell off activity in the evening.

But you all know me, I am all about supporting Takamaru making the jump. Lack of familiarity can hold him down, but I will never let that stop me.

He needs chance to actually become a bigger Nintendo character like Pit did.

Pappy Parappy

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 0954 1721 1707
Anyways, my personal pick is the Waluigi himself, I know he has a pretty eh rep in the fandom after the incident back in June, but I personally just really, REALLY like his character.
He's such a wacky loser, he's just amazing.

I hope he makes it in one day. I KNOW he can definitely be added.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
As the leader of the Thwomp for Smash movement, I can say all Thwomp fans were delighted to see our guy become an assist, yet saddened at the same time since we got snubbed in favor of Piranha Plant. Thwomp bros would gladly become allys with Shadow bros, Geno bros, and the rest of the bros

MurasameBro210456

Smash Rookie
NNID
TerraLobster456
Switch FC
SW-3749-7399-8764
I sure do want Takamaru from The Mysterious Murasame Castle/Nazo No Murasamejoh (謎の村雨城), Issac from Golden Sun, Sukapon from Joy Mech Fight, Alucard from Castlevania, Shovel Knight, Krystal from Star Fox, Spring Man from ARMS, Akira Yuki from Virtua Fighter, Geno from Super Mario RPG, Jeanne from Bayonetta, Harry from Teleroboxer, Mr. Shine & Mr. Bright from Kirby, & Bomberman to be promoted from Assist Trophies & Spirits to fully fledged fighters in Super Smash Bros. 6.

I mean check out Daimyo-koikoi's concept on Takamaru's Movelist, stage & Item all figured out. You should check it out.

Link to Daimyo-KoiKoi's Concept for Takamaru for Smash Bros. from Moveset to Stage & Items: https://www.deviantart.com/daimyo-koikoi/art/Super-Smash-Bros-Ultimate-Takamaru-Concept-766043872

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I sure do want Takamaru from The Mysterious Murasame Castle/Nazo No Murasamejoh (謎の村雨城), Issac from Golden Sun, Sukapon from Joy Mech Fight, Alucard from Castlevania, Shovel Knight, Krystal from Star Fox, Spring Man from ARMS, Akira Yuki from Virtua Fighter, Geno from Super Mario RPG, Jeanne from Bayonetta, Harry from Teleroboxer, Mr. Shine & Mr. Bright from Kirby, & Bomberman to be promoted from Assist Trophies & Spirits to fully fledged fighters in Super Smash Bros. 6.

I mean check out Daimyo-koikoi's concept on Takamaru's Movelist, stage & Item all figured out. You should check it out.

Link to Daimyo-KoiKoi's Concept for Takamaru for Smash Bros. from Moveset to Stage & Items: https://www.deviantart.com/daimyo-koikoi/art/Super-Smash-Bros-Ultimate-Takamaru-Concept-766043872
Very nice list of characters. Some more interesting than others.

And Daimyo's Takamaru moves is just amazing. It really does go out of its way to prove that he is no ordinary swordsman and makes him feel like he is a perfect love letter to Japanese culture like Murasame Castle itself. I even asked if I could push his moveset with the Takamaru 4 Smash Twitter, with his permission and giving him credit. He was thrilled with all the attention he gotten since he did work his hardest on it.

SirCamp

Smash Ace
I fully support this given that Bomberman and Isaac are among my most wanted. I wouldn't mind seeing any of Ashley, Waluigi, or Skull Kid either. And if we include spirits are there are plenty of options for characters that are absolutely deserving of playable status, most notably Dixie Kong and Bandana Dee imo.

CboyC95

Smash Apprentice
I wanted to see the Three Mage-Sisters from Kirby Star Allies as playable characters. I even made a thread post about it.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Actually, the Jambastian Mage Sisters would be very interesting now that you mention it.

A trio of elemental fighters, each one using their own unique weapons.

And hello DogManStar.

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
Hey guys. You know who are two characters, along with others, that I think should be playable for Smash? Captain Rainbow (maybe as a semi clone of Captain Falcon. And if they were to reveal him as a playable fighter, they should use the Main Theme of Captain Rainbow, which I hope will ALSO be included in Smash. Either the original or a new remix or BOTH.) and Chibi-Robo. I also think both of their games need remasters/remakes released both inside Japan and outside Japan. Sorry. I probably said too much.

Last edited:

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
And besides, Smash HAS been known for featuring obscure game franchises/characters.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Count me in! I would love to see characters like Isaac, Shadow, Waluigi and Skull kid all be upgraded. I remember how terrible Isaac and Shadow fans felt when they were confirmed and the Grinch Leak was dead so the least I could do is support them!

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I’m all in. 90% of the ATs I support to be playable. A victory for even one is a victory for all of us, it’s really about proving that we want it to happen and proving it can happen.

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
Hey guys. You know who are two characters, along with others, that I think should be playable for Smash? Captain Rainbow (maybe as a semi clone of Captain Falcon. And if they were to reveal him as a playable fighter, they should use the Main Theme of Captain Rainbow, which I hope will ALSO be included in Smash. Either the original or a new remix or BOTH.) and Chibi-Robo. I also think both of their games need remasters/remakes released both inside Japan and outside Japan. Sorry. I probably said too much.
Oh! And they should also add Drake Redcrest as a playable character, as well as Chibi-Robo, and they should also put his theme in Smash.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Assist Trophies are so well made, that it’s inevitable that the characters that become ATs will get big support.

I think promoting ATs one, two games after they’ve been introduced should be a priority and an easy way to gauge reception.

CboyC95

Smash Apprentice
Three more characters want to see are Sakura from Street Fighter since she was my favorite character in the series, Jody Summer from F-Zero, and Jeanne from Bayonetta.

Last edited:

xzx

Smash Lord
Paper Mario should have been in since Brawl. He's my most wanted and honestly I'm shocked that they considered Rosalina before Paper Mario.

Bomberman is the only 3rd party retro character that feels missing. And the Chibi-Robo series could easily be revived by adding Chibi-Robo to the game. There's so much potential.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Y'all know my pick is Bomberman, and I also strongly support Krystal, Isaac, and Shadow. (My other most-wanted characters aren't Assist Trophies, though Lip is a Mii costume.)

DuckMeat

Smash Rookie
Y'all know my pick is Bomberman, and I also strongly support Krystal, Isaac, and Shadow. (My other most-wanted characters aren't Assist Trophies, though Lip is a Mii costume.)
Our focus is Assist Trophies, but we also advocate for a number of Bosses and other non-Assist Trophies characters. Pretty much every character that gets deconfirmed by fan rules experiences the same support-killing effect you see with ATs, so they're all worth of support imo.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Count me in as always. I'm a +1 for the Takamaru boys, but I'll always support a good amount of the ATs, Spirits and costume only characters as better-than-solid choices for entrants (Lip, Lyn, Hector, Issac, Waluigi, HW Impa, Bomberman, Medusa, Saki Amamiya, Geno, & Sukapon being very high up for different reasons).

Last edited:

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
So many ATs got shafted hard this time around, not the least of which include Waluigi, Bomberman, Shadow, and Isaac. I am 100% behind the Assist Alliance

MurasameBro210456

Smash Rookie
NNID
TerraLobster456
Switch FC
SW-3749-7399-8764
Very nice list of characters. Some more interesting than others.

And Daimyo's Takamaru moves is just amazing. It really does go out of its way to prove that he is no ordinary swordsman and makes him feel like he is a perfect love letter to Japanese culture like Murasame Castle itself. I even asked if I could push his moveset with the Takamaru 4 Smash Twitter, with his permission and giving him credit. He was thrilled with all the attention he gotten since he did work his hardest on it.
Glad we agree on that. Credit goes to Daimyo-Koikoi for his concept on Takamaru in Smash Bros.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Am I the only one who wants Yuri Kozukata from Fatal Frame to be playable? Yes? No?

That aside, I am in full support of this. There are many characters I feel deserve a better chance and would bring something new to Smash. Shadow, Marx, Yuri, Saki (who's AT is mysteriously gone), Tsubasa Oribe, Volleyball Girl, Mona, Krystal, Bomberman, Shovel Knight, Chibi Robo, Andy, Octolings, Zero, Andross, and Magolor.

tbuster766

Smash Journeyman
I for one want my boi Isaac to get promoted, but will gladly welcome any assist trophy. An assist trophy promotion is a win in my book.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Honestly I don't think any Assist promotions will happen unless there's a second season of DLC, which in itself seems unlikely to me. That being said, I'd like it to happen.

My top three favorite picks would be Waluigi, Starfy, and Tiki.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Does this apply to Pokémon or is it only for Assist Trophies?

Meowth needs more supporters.

Top Bottom