• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Welcome to Smash Ultimate Bowser - Introduction and Q&A Thread

UltimaLuminaire

NNID
UltimaLuminaire
Welcome to Bowser in Smash Ultimate

Thank you for checking out our forum for the King of Koopas! I am the current moderator for Bowser in both Smash 4 and Smash Ultimate. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to PM me or address me both here or in the Bowser Social Thread.

This thread serves two purposes:
  • Introduce yourself if you're new as well as greet members. This can help ensure your introduction doesn't get lost in a storm of topics in the social thread.
  • Ask quick questions for some quick answers. Good for if you don't want to start your own dedicated thread just to get a question answered.
Keep clutter low and check here in case your question has already been answered. There will be a lot going on once the game gathers momentum and patches roll out, so please be patient when awaiting a proper response.

Important Threads

I will also be updating this OP with more links to important threads in the future, so please be sure to check back.

Last edited:

_Rated D.R.K_

Smash Apprentice
Hey, I'm D.R.K
Bowser main since Melee.
Considers Bowser to be the most saucy character in Smash Bros.
Likes long walks on the beach.

B!squick

Smash Master
Question, has any research been done into Bowsercide and how consistent it is in this game? Considering how on the ball they were with this in the last game, it's probably worth looking into. I'm thinking, KKR or DDD, Mario, and Pichu to test character sizes, and then testing standing, jumping, on platforms if any, facing left and right. ALL the variables.

But there's a butt ton of stages, so if anyone has already looked into this, I'd love to not have to waste the time.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Pit's arrows offstage.

How can I avoid them? Can I?

I was on a steamroll with Bowser in bracket then came across our PGR'd player's Pit and once I was offstage, i just kept getting sniped to death by arrows. Either they would stop his momentum or knock Bowser out of Up B while recovering.

How do i defend myself against them?

I was also pretty bullied by air strings as Bowser by Pit via rising dairs, but that is another story lol.

B!squick

Smash Master
You could probably cancel them with an attack. Other than that, I think you're boned. You can't AD indefinitely in this game. I guess just DI high and hope for the best?

Lakah

Smash Rookie
Hey so i’m New so I guess I should post here I really like bowsers play style so I main him I guess
I played brawl as a kid but really got into smash a little before ultimate’s announcement and I had a character crisis until ultimate released and I realized how cool bowsers play style was

I’m not that good at the game I can barely do combos but I have fun playing it so it’s fine I guess

Well that’s it so bye I guess

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I feel like Bowser was easier to control in Smash 4 than in Ultimate. I know on a competitive stand point Smash 4 Bowser was the best version of him in the series I believe. I feel like it was a whole lot easier to move right after when the last frame of his back air ended in Smash 4. In Ultimate I feel like I can't perform that as well for some reason. Why is that?

UltimaLuminaire

NNID
UltimaLuminaire
It's the increased input delay. Otherwise, the autocancel for SH BAir is the same as always. Actually, we move better because our run acceleration was improved from Smash 4.

Last edited:
Top Bottom