• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Welcome to Her Life as a Teenage Robot - Jenny Wakeman Social Thread (Back to Kick Some Asteroids!)

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
JennyWakeman.png

Who is Jenny?

Jenny Wakeman (also known as Robotic Global Response Unit XJ-9) is the main protagonist of the 2003 Nickelodeon cartoon, My Life as a Teenage Robot, created by Rob Renzetti and produced by Frederator Studios for Nickelodeon and started as a pilot called "My Neighbor is a Teenage Robot", which aired on Oh Yeah! Cartoons in January 5, 1999 (making the show 5 months older than SpongeBob SquarePants, which it beat in a popularity contest thanks to it's large fanbase in Latin America and Germany), much like fellow Frederator-produced cartoons, The Fairly OddParents and ChalkZone.

Jenny is a highly sophisiticated state-of-the-art sentient humanoid robot girl, who her mother Dr. Nora Wakeman, an elderly robotics scientist, built to protect the Earth with a wide range of advanced weapons and devices at her disposal, but wishes to live the life of a normal teenager, trying to balance her life with duties of a crime-fighter as she faces various bad guys such as Vexus (the leader/queen of Cluster Prime), while attending Tremorton High School and proceeding with teenage endeavors alongside her friends, Sheldon Lee (who is obsessed with her, even though she often rejects his romantic advances, but cares just as a friend), Brad Carbunkle (next-door neighbor, who is outgoing & adventurous, and the first human friend she makes) and his younger brother Tuck.

Why She Deserves to Be In?

Heck, there are many reasons on why she's easily among most requested characters alongside Jimmy Neutron, Timmy Turner and Rocko, even having all of them being called the "Holy Four" together in a fan community itself (considering my experience before deciding to create this support thread), making her pretty much Banjo & Kazooie in potential hype levels (Doug in Sora's place, since both are partly owned by Disney?). I mean, who wouldn't want to play as a cute, adorable teenage girl robot and kick some butt? (just listen to her laughing)

The show itself has proved to be very popular thanks to it's unique futuristic art-deco design aesthetics that resemble old rubber hose-era cartoons, an impressive soundtrack, quirky stuble humor consisting of shout-outs and a then-rare idea of the lead female protagonist, as it lasted for three seasons with 40 episodes (75 segments) and a special "Escape from Cluster Prime", before it ended in May 2, 2009, thus encouraging Nickelodeon to green-lit a few action/adventure-oriented cartoons such as Danny Phantom and Avatar: The Last Airbender. It received mostly positive reviews from critics, nominated for numerous awards (most prominently one Primetime Emmy Award and eleven Annie Awards, having won a former in 2004 for Outstanding Individual Achievement in Animation) and Jenny herself also appeared as a playable character in a few Nickelodeon-licensed games, such as Nicktoons: Attack of the Toybots, SpongeBob SquarePants and the Nicktoons Gravjet Racing (which ended up being cancelled) and the official mobile game, Nickelodeon Super Brawl Universe.

Recently, Nick's Rewind block aired the weekend-long marathon of My Life as a Teenage Robot for two days (September 17 to 19) the last year, Zen Monkey Studios made some merchandise pins and a fan continuation of the series is also in works with the blessing from Rob Renzetti himself.

In the case of Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl, Ludosity seems to be very aware of fan requests and used to have lots of emojis based on our girl in their Discord server. Jenny is often voted at the top of fan character polls and discussed lots of times thanks to her show's vocal fanbase, which is still fondly remembered. Also, a fun thing I wanted to mention is that Ludosity has made lots of same-named characters to the point it even has it's own category right here in a wiki.

What's Her Moveset Potential?

As a super-powered robot who was built to save the world and fight crime, Jenny has quite of a massive amount of moveset possibilties, thanks to tons of powers, abilities and weapons/devices built into her body that can fit nearly any playstyle Ludosity would have in their minds. She is capable of flying in the air with rocket boosters in her pigtails and feet (potential 8-way air dash move?), using her superhuman strength to lift/throw heavy stuff (just check a size of that pyramid), sensors that allow her to sense danger, fire energy blasts from her limbs/weapons, stretch out her arms/fingers, use a ice cannon to freeze opponents, smack them up with a giant tennis racket or hammer/mallet arms, throw hair-like razor boomerangs, turn her pigtails into a giant drill, shoot missiles, et cetera (etc.). The list is just too unfairly huge to describe in it's entirety here besides all of these links, but you'll get a point.

List of Supporters:
Most of the latter users are in a list for their posts from the "Rate-Their-Chances" thread.
tonygameman tonygameman
DaUsername DaUsername
DanganZilla5 DanganZilla5
SneakyLink SneakyLink
Capybara Gaming Capybara Gaming
PK-remling Fire PK-remling Fire
LimeTH LimeTH
dlewis53 dlewis53
DrifloonEmpire DrifloonEmpire
Wademan94 Wademan94
GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741
Sid-cada Sid-cada
amageish amageish

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Looking at those clips reminds me of how good My Life as a Teenage Robot was. Jenny is one of my top most wanted alongside Jimmy and Timmy so I'll definitely lend my support. She could have like 10 different cool movesets, her potential is wicked.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
It's ludicrous that she isn't already in as it is. Jenny was practically made for this. I could see every move being unique, easy.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
You can add me to the list of supporters; with Danny, Aang, and Zim being in the base game, My Life as a Teenage Robot is the only one of my absolute favorite Nicktoons that hasn't been represented in the game, so you bet that Jenny's my most-wanted DLC character! Especially with the huge potential her moveset has!

I'm also kind of curious what stage she'd come with.

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
I'm also kind of curious what stage she'd come with.
There's many locations to bring up as a stage from My Life as a Teenage Robot, as long as it retains the series' unique art-deco aesthetic (considering the titular Loud House's design being much like in the show), such as:

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
My moveset for Jenny:

Entrance Animation: Flies onto the stage with her ponytail rockets

Light Attack: Double punch followed by a side kick
Light Up Attack: Static Hair - her ponytails stand up and create spark above her head
Light Down Attack: Laser Hand - Fires a laser out of her hand towards the ground
Light Air Attack: Hedge Saws - turns her hands into hedge saws and spins them around herself
Light Up Air Attack: Flip Kick
Light Down Air Attack: Elbow Drop
Light Dash Attack: Razor Blade - Charges forward with her hand turned into a shield like spinning blade

Strong Attack: Fists of Fury - turns her hands into spiked boxing gloves and punches twice
Strong Up Attack: Buzzsaw Arm- Puts her hand in the air and turn it into a buzzsaw that hit multiple times
Strong Down Attack: Mighty Mallet - Turns her arms into hammers and strikes the ground on both sides of her
Strong Air Attack: Foosball Paddle - extends her torso horizontally and pulls out foosball paddles on her torso, can smack opponents up or down
Strong Up Air Attack: Hair Drill - Turns her ponytails into a giant drill that hits multiple times
Strong Down Air Attack: Loud Speaker - Battle Axe - spawns an axe in her hand swings it downwards
Strong Dash Attack: Tank Charge - Transforms her lower half into tank treads and charges forward

Neutral Special: One of several weapons:
Laser Limb - laser projectile from her arm mounted blaster
Rocket Bomb - fires an exploding rocket with her fist
Thunder Fist - Large mace and chain she throws out similar to Min Min’s Megawatt
Ice Cannon - short range ice blast
Stretchy Arm and Extendo Fingers - long range grab attack
Up Special: Rocket Boost - Uses her wings and ponytails to fly up a short distance
Down Special: Weapon Swap - can swap between the weapons in her neutral special

Idle: Pulls out a buffer to polish her head
Taunt: Turns her hand into a Swiss Army Knife and gives a smug look
Victory Animation: Flys in and strikes a dramatic pose then turns her chest into a boombox and starts dancing
Losing Animation: Jenny gets zapped by a offscreen laser and stands charred and defeated

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
I apparently forgot to post here, so I'll do it now! Jenny would be lovely to see. In an era where a lot of children's media used "Let's be mean!" as their default punchline, Jenny and her show really stands out as a surprisingly-kind goofy show about a Robot who just wants to fit in... Put me down as a supporter!

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
My moveset for Jenny:

Entrance Animation: Flies onto the stage with her ponytail rockets

Light Attack: Double punch followed by a side kick
Light Up Attack: Static Hair - her ponytails stand up and create spark above her head
Light Down Attack: Laser Hand - Fires a laser out of her hand towards the ground
Light Air Attack: Hedge Saws - turns her hands into hedge saws and spins them around herself
Light Up Air Attack: Flip Kick
Light Down Air Attack: Elbow Drop
Light Dash Attack: Razor Blade - Charges forward with her hand turned into a shield like spinning blade

Strong Attack: Fists of Fury - turns her hands into spiked boxing gloves and punches twice
Strong Up Attack: Buzzsaw Arm- Puts her hand in the air and turn it into a buzzsaw that hit multiple times
Strong Down Attack: Mighty Mallet - Turns her arms into hammers and strikes the ground on both sides of her
Strong Air Attack: Foosball Paddle - extends her torso horizontally and pulls out foosball paddles on her torso, can smack opponents up or down
Strong Up Air Attack: Hair Drill - Turns her ponytails into a giant drill that hits multiple times
Strong Down Air Attack: Loud Speaker - Battle Axe - spawns an axe in her hand swings it downwards
Strong Dash Attack: Tank Charge - Transforms her lower half into tank treads and charges forward

Neutral Special: One of several weapons:
Laser Limb - laser projectile from her arm mounted blaster
Rocket Bomb - fires an exploding rocket with her fist
Thunder Fist - Large mace and chain she throws out similar to Min Min’s Megawatt
Ice Cannon - short range ice blast
Stretchy Arm and Extendo Fingers - long range grab attack
Up Special: Rocket Boost - Uses her wings and ponytails to fly up a short distance
Down Special: Weapon Swap - can swap between the weapons in her neutral special

Idle: Pulls out a buffer to polish her head
Taunt: Turns her hand into a Swiss Army Knife and gives a smug look
Victory Animation: Flys in and strikes a dramatic pose then turns her chest into a boombox and starts dancing
Losing Animation: Jenny gets zapped by a offscreen laser and stands charred and defeated
Actually wasn’t too far off with some of my predictions

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
So yeah (being pretty much a social thread now), Jenny's back for Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl 2, and Rob Renzetti himself has announced a own sequel/continuation story for his website's newsletter, with artwork and new character designs drawn by a show's art director Alex Kirwan, alongside a major newcomer in the cast.

Thus far, he has already shared two chapters. For those who didn't subscribe yet, can read both of them on Imgur.

Last edited:

Greenhorne Ethan

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-4106-6771-3326
Definitely gonna pick Jenny back up in this game, can't wait to see how her moveset's changed! I'm happy to see her on the box art.

Was really nice to celebrate Teenage Robot's 20th anniversary online recently. There's been a lot of great fan art!

So yeah (being pretty much a social thread now), Jenny's back for Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl 2, and Rob Renzetti himself has announced a own sequel/continuation story for his website's newsletter, with artwork and new character designs drawn by a show's art director Alex Kirwan, alongside a major newcomer in the cast.

Thus far, he has already shared two chapters. For those who didn't subscribe yet, can read both of them on Imgur.
I'm subscribed! Just read chapter 3. So nice to revisit this setting, even if the visuals are mostly in my head.

Last edited:
Top Bottom