• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weird Theory- DC Comics DLC (hear me out)

Voodoo7995

Smash Journeyman
Weird Theory- Batman, Robin, Green Lantern, Superman, Wonderwoman... (Hear me out before you try and get this deleted)

In a recent 'Teen Titans' comic, Min Min, the latest fighter to join smash, was mentioned. While we don't know if the comic was refering to ARMS or Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, it was an awesome detail.
downloadfile.jpg

(The above picture is super relatable)

But, it also got me thinking, and we all know what happens after that. What if this reference wasnt just a reference? What if this is telling us something? What if this was a hint?

downloadfile.jpg

While a Justice League member (like Batman, Flash, or Superman) or a Batman villain (like Joker) would probably be best, I'd love to see Robin... Hes one of my favorites and I'd love to see him someday.

While a DC character appearing with a Capcom character would probably break rules, being that Marvel & Capcom have more in common, as with DC & Mortal Kombat, this could still work. Heres why:
1. There have been plenty or Arkham Knight games over the past few years, including 2 more Batman centered games cemented for the following 2-4 years. Those being "Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League" & "Gotham Knights."
2. Including a DC character could open doors for Mortal Kombat characters to join, and I'd love to see that.

You might ask, Do you think this would ever actually happen? They said no 4th Parties.

I know, I know. Its a long shot, but what if they were saving a big reveal like that for the very last character to join the game? All characters are supposed to be available by 2022, right? Why not wait for National Batman Day, amd announce it then?

Since I'd want Robin the most, here are costumes I'd use:
1. Default. His "Gotham Knights" design.
2. Blue. Nightwing's blue outfit.
3. Red. His 'Young Justice' tv show design.
4. Yellow. His Golden Gear from "Injustice 2: Legendary Edition"
5. Alt 1. Red Hood
6. Alt 2. Classic Robin Costume
7. Alt 3. Karrie Kelly Robin.
8. Alt 4. Closer to his "Teen Titans Go!" Design

Thats pretty much all I've got to back this up...

(Mods please dont delete, I wanna see peoples reactions to my thoughts)
What are your thoughts? Which DC character would you want, if we somehow ever got one? I'd love to here what you think on this topic.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I think it was just a cute reference more than anything and DC/Warner Brothers probably got permission from Nintendo to reference Min Min and Smash in this comic. I don't think any DC character or 4th party character in general will be joining the roster anytime soon or ever.

Last edited:

Voodoo7995

Smash Journeyman
To put into perspective:

The comic these pages are from is over 13 years old. There was no DCxPokemon collab at any point in the 13 years, was there?

P.S. as a bonus,
Like I said it was definately the biggest long shot in existence, and I didn't honestly think it would actually happen. I don't know maybe someday though.. I just wanted to see people reactions 😂

Top Bottom