• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weird Smashville Glitch: Lasting Arrow

Stove

Smash Rookie
First of all I wanted to say this is my first post on Smashboards! I joined today, after lurking this forum for a while, in order to be a part of the discussions for Pit!

Now for the glitch:

So I was playing some PM and this happened to me (Phone Quality) : http://gfycat.com/GeneralRemorsefulGermanspitz
I don't know what to make of it. It's just stuck onto the ledge and has a hitbox. I don't know if this has happened to anyone else so I'm posting it here to figure out why this happened and perhaps if it can applied in game to have a moving hitbox or if it's just a useless glitch.

Limbose

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0748-3141-7837
To have such a tiny little hitbox just kind of sitting there, its uses would be very conditional. It looks pretty cool so if you can consistently recreate it, I guess it's just a nifty way to style after taking a stock or something. Would be pretty funny to poke someone with that though.

Stove

Smash Rookie
To have such a tiny little hitbox just kind of sitting there, its uses would be very conditional. It looks pretty cool so if you can consistently recreate it, I guess it's just a nifty way to style after taking a stock or something. Would be pretty funny to poke someone with that though.
You're probably right. I've been trying for the past week to replicate this without success. It's difficult to replicate (for me at least), so I doubt it can be used as consistently as I had hoped.

oathkeeper005

Smash Cadet
NNID
Oath_X
This is actually something that carries over from the Brawl engine. Projectiles can get stuck on corners of stages if they hit at just the right angle. The most reliable way of recreating it I found was using fox/falco lasers on the lower area of New Pork City.

Pit probably has the only really "usable" instance of it since his arrows don't disappear after a certain length of time. But setting it up is simply too hard in most cases.

There is also the issue of the fact that the arrow can still disappear if your not careful, as it keeps the property that allows you to change the angle it headed with the control stick. if the arrow moves to far down or to the side it will "hit" the stage and disappear.

The fact that it has existed since Brawl and you've only just now seen it should be testament to its usefulness.

Top Bottom