• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weird behavior when running

prince-banane

Smash Rookie
Ok, let me explain this. I use Luigi as my main character with a gamecube controller (with gbros).
Let say I run to the right of the screen. If I release the joystick, sometime Luigi will turn around and look at the left of the screen.
It is normal or it seems to have a problem with my controller?
This is frustrating when I try to throw a fireball and luigi turn around.
Thanks for any help

GhostM

Phantom
It might be because of the port, try to unplug it and plug it back in again to see if it fixes the issue. Happens to me sometimes when using the GC controller on the official WiiU GCC Adapter, but replugging it back in helps.

If it happens every now and then, then I don’t see it as a huge issue unless if it happens every single time you try to turn to the left, where that could indicate a problem with your GameCube controller slightly drifting to the left.

Last edited:

prince-banane

Smash Rookie
I tried to unplug plug it and it didn't work better. Sometime, when I boot my switch with my gc controller, the joystick is stuck (up). I need to disconnect my controller.

I tried with a second controller. The problem is still there but less worse I think. Same thing with a mayflash switch usb.

To me it's a major issue. Something I even lose because of this. I'll see if I can change my habits.. .

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
This is a phenomenon known as "snap back." While returning to neutral, your control stick actually moves slightly past the origin point of the stick and registers an unwanted input. Minor differences in controllers will cause this to happen more/less often but it's an unfortunate reality of analog controllers and the way the Smash devs have designed its inputs.

Top Bottom