• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weekly Nintendo Corner - Persona Q

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Welcome to the Weekly Nintendo Corner! Every week, as the weekend nears, Smashboards will be covering a title from the Nintendo pantheon. Most of the time, these are new releases or games that are coming out soon, but we’re not exempt from surprises – every once in a while, there may be an old classic or forgotten treasure thrown in! Check back every week for the scoop on the upcoming Nintendo games.

Persona Q

This week’s topic is the 3DS Persona Crossover game: Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth! Containing characters from Persona 3 and Persona 4, the parties work together to team up in one epic dungeon crawler. For gameplay, don’t be fooled by the title; Persona Q heavily borrows elements from the Etrian Odyssey game. In comparison, it’s stated to be more of an Etrian Odyssey game than a Persona game; Persona elements are still around.

This game features options to play as the team members of Persona 3 or 4, leading to different routes in terms of story.

The Etrian Odyssey games particularly play a lot like old-school Dungeon Crawlers: Lots of random encounters, that special 1980’s view (as shown in the picture below), and pretty difficult.

Premise

Over at Yasogami High School (the setting of Persona 4), a strange bell rings, trapping the investigation team inside the school. While this is on-going, the members of S.E.E.S. (Persona 3’s Protagonists – Specialized Extracurricular Execution Squad) find themselves transported to the Velvet Room elevator, which suddenly leads the group at Yasogami. Both groups discover a labyrinth hidden underneath the school.

Suddenly, both party members run into Zen and Rei - two mysterious characters new to Persona Q that have no prior memory of what they've been through. The group discovers that their memories are hidden in the labyrinth and have to get their memories to escape. Will they regain the memories of the new characters Zen and Rei, thus leading them to freedom?

Features

-Choices – Much like the Persona games, choices still alter the game depending on what the player chooses to say in the dialogue.

-F.O.E. – Field-On Enemies – Persona 3 & 4 are known for having enemies that actually chase after you; even with the Dungeon Crawling setting, this is still around. Field-On Enemies are particularly stronger and move a grid space when you move, but with the right strategy, they can be avoided.

-All-Out Attack – From Persona 3 & 4, when all enemies are down from their weaknesses/critical attacks, all the party members alive are able to perform a strengthened attack. This returns for Persona Q!

-Multiple Persona’s – Sub-Persona’s are able to be equipped in addition to any character’s regular Persona.

About the Team

Atlus is both a Publishing and Developing company. Atlus was founded by Yukio Sugino who's also currently Director and President. The company contains 121 people and has locations in Setagaya, Tokyo, and Japan. To read more about Atlus, click here

Atlus used to be owned by the Index Corporation but is now owned by Sega Dream Corporation.

Music

Collector's Edition: The Wild Cards

The Persona Q premium edition comes with the Art Book, 11 Tarot Cards, a soundtrack CD, and a Nintendo 3DS XL case along with the game. It goes for $79.99 where-as the game normally goes for $49.99.

Persona Q will be released on November 25th for North America, December 4th for Australia, November 28th for Europe, and has already been released in Japan and Korea. It'll be $49.99 .

Ever played Persona or Etrian Odyssey? Will you be getting Persona Q? Too much wallet draining with ORAS and Smash? Let us know in the comments below!

Thethirdkoopa is a Game Producer, Game Collector, Musician, Gamer, and Smash Fanatic at heart. He plans on probably picking up this limited edition of Persona Q. Amiibo's, ORAS, Smash, and Persona Q? Wallets hurt. Talk to him about how wallets hurt on Twitter! @Thirdkoopa

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
I plan on streaming a playthrough of this game so everyone should be on the look out for that if interested

WispBae

Tsundere Princess
NNID
The-Wispy
3DS FC
5343-7751-0954
I was secretly super happy when my 3DS broke, now I can get this new Persona 3DS! So jazzed for this game!

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
The Normal Music of this game is Amazing, you should give a try and ear, Is Catchy!

Im still love catherine easter egg appearance in the game!

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
Great...yet ANOTHER game I can't have.

This is Persona fanfiction, basically. Not that it's a bad thing.

Adieu

Smash Rookie
Persona Q? More like persona Y get it, huehuehue:yeahboi:

But honestly this game looks awesome.

I pre-ordered the premium edition ages ago despite my aversion to pre-orders. Really excited about it.

Lemon Girl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Maguitus
3DS FC
0147-0570-9943
I would assume it's because the first run of the standard edition comes with the tarot cards. Shin Megami Tensei IV was initially 50 bucks too, though that did come with more stuff.
Didn't Kid Icarus came with a lot of **** also and was only $35?

Jiggsbomb

Smash Ace
I am actually really excited for this game! It will be a sweet combo with Smash 4 wii u and Persona Q. When both comes out in Europe then I will play Persona Q when I can't play Smash 4 wii u.:joyful:

Omegascizor456

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aldog12
3DS FC
2449-5093-2142
I am still to decide whether I want this or not because it looks interesting but I am not POSITIVE that I will get the enjotment worthy of the price... Can someone please let me know some more?

Chaos15

Smash Apprentice
So hype. I'm so mad that I lost Ultimax. Well I guess I still got the cards/

Hiyro

Smash Rookie
This and Smash were the two main reasons for getting my 3ds. I knew it was going to have mechanics from Etrian Odyssey, but Atlus is always on point so I'm super hyped.

I am still to decide whether I want this or not because it looks interesting but I am not POSITIVE that I will get the enjotment worthy of the price... Can someone please let me know some more?
It's an Etrian Odyssey game filled with Persona 3/4 fan service. If that doesn't sound appealing, don't buy it.

D

Deleted member

It would be cool to see another EO game featured here, I mean, there are 3 games coming out, well, in Japan at least

ProfessorTakehiko

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1736-0240-2597
It's just another Etrian Odyssey clone. But more expensive. Costs $50 in the U.S.. I don't think it's worth it. Don't believe me? Try comparing the 2 games. And EO is more cheaper than this game. >3> Atlus really needs to think about the prices for their games. It's like they don't care. v.v

YamiKitsune

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1006-0928-7336
Is this newcomer friendly? I've been wanting to get into the Persona games for quite awhile now.
No. If you've never played Persona 3 or 4 this will make no sense. Besides. Its not a persona game fully. Its persona with alot of borrowed elements from Etrian Oddysey.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
It's just another Etrian Odyssey clone. But more expensive. Costs $50 in the U.S.. I don't think it's worth it. Don't believe me? Try comparing the 2 games. And EO is more cheaper than this game. >3> Atlus really needs to think about the prices for their games. It's like they don't care. v.v
You know all 3DS games cost 50 in the US?
double post

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Bruh, most of them cost $40 in the US. Your looking at the Wii games. Some of the Atlus games set that price up, which is too far to make a game selling in my opinion.
Wii games were OVER 50 as is any other Disk game. 3DS games cost around 50 if you include taxes, on the eshop though they are 49.99 if you dont pay tax

ProfessorTakehiko

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1736-0240-2597
Wii games were OVER 50 as is any other Disk game. 3DS games cost around 50 if you include taxes, on the eshop though they are 49.99 if you dont pay tax
They only add like $2.35 for taxes, but that's on the eShop. Kinda like the same thing for the retail price, except it doesn't add an extra $10. Wii games were just under $50 or less depending on the type of game. Wii U games on the other hand, go under $60 or less. And the eShop forces you to pay taxes. Maybe it depends on where you live & what kind of store you buy your games at. =P

Top Bottom