• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weekly Aus Only online tournament interest?

DonMatteo13

Smash Rookie
NNID
DonMatteo13
hey guys was thinking about starting up an Australia restricted weekly tournament in order to combat time zone issues and lag issues with overseas tournaments that we enter because they seem to be the only ones posted on this site. Was just wondering if there would be a large amount of interest from people within this community to get things started? If there is another thread for this just let me know had I missed it but I looked around and couldn't find much.

DonMatteo13

Smash Rookie
NNID
DonMatteo13
Ah alright cool i'll look into that site thanks :). Is that for a reason or just online not really of interest of people on here more inot going to LAN events?

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
I guess people in the tournament scene just prefer to do meetups and play in person tournament events. Mostly due to WiFi being unplayable sometimes, (depending on who you play). I play every now and then, but I tend to only try playing Victorians since I get salty and pissed off with lag :p.

But yeah most people that entering Offline tournaments + play WiFi are on the site I linked you including myself. :D

Last edited:

DonMatteo13

Smash Rookie
NNID
DonMatteo13
Alright sweet as thanks for the help. How have you found signing up for tournaments in the QLD region? Lag bearable especially with 1v1?

DD_

Smash Journeyman
Dean beat me too it but Me + Dread aim to start hosting smash 4 every Friday night in the netplay group for all interested!

DD_

Smash Journeyman
Just follow the link in Deans post and jump in the Skype chat. We have a group of active players for melee, project M and Smash 4 so you can always find games and join in our tournaments.

Top Bottom