• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Weekly AMA: Zinith (REDUX)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
1593049181295.png

Zinith

This AMA's subject's been flutter-jumping and devouring koopas and fireballs since 1991 (also the western release of Super Mario World, funnily enough), let's hear it for Zinith!

Now this ain't Zinith's first AMA here as they were a subject in the past. I'd strongly recommend checking out Zinith's initial AMA from last year just so we don't get a majority of repeat questions. However a good amount of time has passed and some answers may have changed, so at the same time, I wouldn't completely discourage repeats either.

As always, all site rules are in effect. Please try and limit yourself to one post containing up to three questions until Zinith has answered, then you may ask more. And when asking questions, please keep it civil. Have fun! If you're curious about if you're on the list of future AMAs, refer to this post over in the Social thread. If you're not and you'd like to be added, please send me a message. Even if you've been a subject in the past, you're free to go again! We'll try to draw one name for an AMA each week, so stay tuned! And if you wanna check out some of the older AMAs, please refer to this post in the Social Thread

Alright, Zinith Zinith , it's go-time!

I'll start:
  1. What's your favorite level in Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island?
  2. Do you have a preferred Yoshi color, and if so, what is it?
  3. What are your overall thoughts on Min Min as the ARMS rep?

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

This AMA's subject's been flutter-jumping and devouring koopas and fireballs since 1991 (also the western release of Super Mario World, funnily enough), let's hear it for Zinith!

Now this ain't Zinith's first AMA here as they were a subject in the past. I'd strongly recommend checking out Zinith's initial AMA from last year just so we don't get a majority of repeat questions. However a good amount of time has passed and some answers may have changed, so at the same time, I wouldn't completely discourage repeats either.

As always, all site rules are in effect. Please try and limit yourself to one post containing up to three questions until Zinith has answered, then you may ask more. And when asking questions, please keep it civil. Have fun! If you're curious about if you're on the list of future AMAs, refer to this post over in the Social thread. If you're not and you'd like to be added, please send me a message. Even if you've been a subject in the past, you're free to go again! We'll try to draw one name for an AMA each week, so stay tuned! And if you wanna check out some of the older AMAs, please refer to this post in the Social Thread

Alright, Zinith Zinith , it's go-time!

I'll start:
  1. What's your favorite level in Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island?
  2. Do you have a preferred Yoshi color, and if so, what is it?
  3. What are your overall thoughts on Min Min as the ARMS rep?
1. I love the skiing in 5-3, so that one
2. Red
3. She's fine. I'm not too big on ARMS in general.

:yoshi:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
  1. What hobbies do you enjoy besides gaming?
  2. How expansive is your Yoshi collection and what's your favorite thing from it?
  3. Any characters you think people are seriously sleeping on for Fighters Pass 2?

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
  1. What hobbies do you enjoy besides gaming?
  2. How expansive is your Yoshi collection and what's your favorite thing from it?
  3. Any characters you think people are seriously sleeping on for Fighters Pass 2?
1. Reading and data collection (yes, seriously)
2. As expansive as you can get in a dingy one-room studio apartment. I have a table dedicated to Yoshi plushes, and my favorite might be either the giant San-ai Yoshi that I found in Eureka Springs, AR or the brand new Poochy plush I imported from Japan.
3. Besides Poochy? :3 Well, probably Mega Man X. I just feel that an X9 reveal is just around the corner...

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Is Yoshi's Crafted World worth buying if I liked the more divisive Yoshi titles like DS and Story?

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Certainly. I like it better than those two, and those are already pretty underrated :yoshi:
Is it on par with the original and Wooly World?

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
1. Favorite species of lizard?
2. How have you been handling quarantine? Made any new discoveries or interests?
3. If you had the opportunity to have all your favorite Pokémon irl with you, not to battle but just to travel around and spend time with, what kind of activities would you do with your Pokémon? Including activities you could only do with those Pokémon.

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
1. Favorite species of lizard?
2. How have you been handling quarantine? Made any new discoveries or interests?
3. If you had the opportunity to have all your favorite Pokémon irl with you, not to battle but just to travel around and spend time with, what kind of activities would you do with your Pokémon? Including activities you could only do with those Pokémon.
1. Have to go with iguana. Green iguanas specifically. They are absolute units.
2. Nothing really changed from my end. I still worked. I should probably say that during all of this I was collecting putting in an Excel spreadsheet EVERY VIDEO GAME released on a Nintendo platform...
3. That's an................ unconventional question. Hmmmmm, Christ I can't think of anything, sorry

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Can you rank Yoshi games from best to worst?

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
1. Yoshi's Island
2. Yoshi's Woolly World
3. Yoshi's Crafted World
4. Yoshi's Story
5. Yoshi's Island DS
6. Yoshi Touch & Go
7. Yoshi
8. Yoshi's New Island

The rest I have not played :yoshi:
Haven't played Topsy Turvey? Its a fun little side game, though not spectacular.

Is New Island that bad?

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Haven't played Topsy Turvey? Its a fun little side game, though not spectacular.

Is New Island that bad?
It's not the worst thing ever, but it's VERY mediocre. It doesn't play as well as the original and DS and it has that uncomfortable vibe that you don't want to get out of a Yoshi game.

Bizarrely it was one of the first 3DS games to get rereleased under Nintendo Selects. That's not something I expected :yoshi:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom