• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Weekly AMA: tehponycorn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
1555037643416.png

tehponycorn
Happy early Friday (for some). Welcome to the 3rd weekly AMA featuring tehponycorn. As always, when asking questions, please keep it civil. Please try and limit yourself to one post containing up to three questions until tehponycorn has answered, then you may ask more. All site rules are in effect. Have fun.

DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon , answer whenever is convenient to you.

1. Are you trying to drive me nuts with your name typo?
2. Are you a warrior of light, or a lieutenant of the dark?
3. Waffles or pancakes?

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
  1. Favorite Persona 5 character?
  2. You've mentioned you want to change your username. What would you change it to if you could?
  3. Phoenix Wright for Smash: Yes, or yes?

Noipoi

Howdy!
Howdy partner!

1- What's your favoritest thing to do on a sunny day?
2- Do you think i'll enjoy P5 once it's on the Switch?
3- Why are you such a cool guy??

D

Deleted member

So what's with the username anyway? What is its superhero backstory?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
1. What's your personal favorite console generation?
2. What were the thoughts going in your head when when Joker got announced at the Game Awards?
3. What's your favorite type of pie?

D

Deleted member

OOh, 3 questions.

1. How is life?
2. What is your favorite game?
3. What is your favorite book?

D

Deleted member

Whats a franchise that you never played but would like to try?

Whats the first game you ever played?

Whats the worst thing you have done as a prank?

What do you think about the format of the AMA, should we do it bi-weekly?

Last edited by a moderator:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
  1. Why do we disagree so much?
  2. And still end up being good friends?
  3. How does that make any sense?

D

Deleted member

1. How did I end up becoming an echo fighter of you, because that's the only SmashBoards lore that I don't know.
  2. Do you think I have any chance of living before E3?
  3. Despite Xenoblade 2's base game, the people who didn't like it ended up liking Torna: The Golden Country. Are you a part of that party?

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
1. Why did you get into the speculation scene?
2. Who is your most wanted 1st party character for Smash?
3. What career do you plan to have after leaving college?

osby

Smash Obsessed
Who is your favorite author?

Chocolate or strawberry ice-cream?

If you had to choose one portable game to play for the rest of your life, what would it be?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
What was your first vidya?

What are your career goals in the future?

Who would win in a fight between Goku and Superman?

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
What would your perfect day be like?

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I'll answer questions while they come. First round!
1. Are you trying to drive me nuts with your name typo?
2. Are you a warrior of light, or a lieutenant of the dark?
3. Waffles or pancakes?
  1. I don't even really think about the "teh" in the name anymore since I've had this username for so long. So no, I'm not trying to drive you nuts with the name type.
  2. Warrior of Light who's fallen to darkness before.
  3. If it's my mom's cooking? Pancakes. She makes the best chocolate chip pancakes. Otherwise Waffles are cool since they can hold stuff like syrup, chocolate chips, whipped cream, etc. You can also eat them with your hands which is nice.
  1. Favorite Persona 5 character?
  2. You've mentioned you want to change your username. What would you change it to if you could?
  3. Phoenix Wright for Smash: Yes, or yes?
  1. You can't make me choose just one. I guess off the top of my head Ryuji comes to mind. He's a bro through and through, and he definitely doesn't deserve all the flak he gets from his fellow Phantom Thieves. The other thieves (minus Akechi) are all honorable mentions in their own right though.
  2. That's a secret.
  3. Yes. Phoenix is probably equal with Resident Evil in terms of most wanted Capcom rep. I love the series (even though I've only finished the first game) and would love to see what wacky moveset Phoenix could bring to Smash. If they can make him work in Ultimate Marvel, they can make him work in Smash.
  1. Where did the username come from?
  2. What do you think of Canada?
  3. Am I pretty?
So what's with the username anyway? What is its superhero backstory?
I can't definitely answer this question since it's been such a long time ago, but I can go into the history of the name a bit.

My username was originally used for my Minecraft account when I got it in the sixth grade. I made one because Minecraft was the hot thing going around and I wanted in on it (this was back during beta 1.7.3). I originally wanted to go with something like "gforce" but a). it had already been taken, and b). it evoked the very bad 2009 Disney movie, and I didn't want that. After trying some other names that I didn't like I just kinda came to 'tehponycorn' in the moment, if that makes sense. Shortly after I made a majority of my main accounts (specifically Smashboards and Reddit), and it's just kind of stuck since then.
To answer your other two questions:
  • Canada's a pretty chill place. If **** ever hits the fan in America that'd be the first place I'd go to.
  • I haven't seen you irl so I can't make any judgement, but I'll say yes since your profile pic is Marina and she is a best girl.
What’s your favorite food?
How do you feel?
What’s your favorite type of calculator?
  1. Yogurt with Granola and Berries is always good. Almonds are nice too.
  2. I feel pretty good, not gonna lie. Little bit stressed and a little bit worried, but it's nothing I can't handle.
  3. TI-84+ any day of the week.
Howdy partner!

1- What's your favoritest thing to do on a sunny day?
2- Do you think i'll enjoy P5 once it's on the Switch?
3- Why are you such a cool guy??
  1. Well, mostly every day is sunny in Arizona, so it depends. How sunny is the day? If there's a nice breeze then I'll definitely be outside enjoying it. If it's over 100 degrees, then I'll be inside.
  2. Y E S Persona 5 is a great game, and even as someone who doesn't really like JRPGs I loved it. Even Dunkey liked it and he hates JRPGs.
  3. I try my best. I can't really give any concrete reasons.
1. What's your personal favorite console generation?
2. What were the thoughts going in your head when when Joker got announced at the Game Awards?
3. What's your favorite type of pie?
  1. This is a tough one...I'd probably have to say this one (8/9th since I'm counting the Switch). The Switch and the Playstation 4 are both great consoles, and we've seen some great releases like Smash Ultimate, Breath of the Wild, Persona 5, Kingdom Hearts 3, and those are just the ones I can think of. Honorable mention goes out to 6th generation, since I grew up with the Gamecube and PS2.
  2. I can't really describe my thoughts since anything I was thinking went straight out my mouth. I was definitely in disbelief and shock though. Everything was tinted with overwhelming hype too. It was truly a surreal experience.
  3. Pumpkin Pie with whipped cream easily
OOh, 3 questions.

1. How is life?
2. What is your favorite game?
3. What is your favorite book?
  1. Not too bad right about now. Finals season is coming up which is stressful, but I've got some exciting things ahead of me to look forward to. I've also been getting a lot better with my fencing, and I'm pretty happy about that even though it does seem to be causing some tension with a friend of mine. I'm sure that'll sort itself out with time though.
  2. Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix. I find myself going back to it time and time again and it never gets old.
  3. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
What is your Arcana Class?

What is your Final Fantasy of choice?

T’s or D’s?
  1. The Fool. I actually got a tarot card reading from my aunt in July/August and that was the major arcana I drew.
  2. Kingdom Hearts
  3. I don't really understand this question. I guess D's? After all, D's get degrees.
Whats a franchise that you never played but would like to try?

Whats the first game you ever played?

Whats the worst thing you have done as a prank?

What do you think about the format of the AMA, should we do it bi-weekly?
FOUR QUESTIONS? Just for you I'll answer all of them ;).
  1. There's a lot of these. Resident Evil, Devil May Cry, Dragon Quest, Banjo-Kazooie and Metal Gear Solid all come to mind.
  2. I don't really remember. It was either something on the original Playstation (some demo disc with a Looney Toons game or Crash Bandicoot) or a Pokémon Game.
  3. I'm not really the pranking type. I'm a goody-two-shoes irl, and I feel guilty even doing minor things wrong. This was a lot worse when I was younger, so I never really pranked people. I guess telling lies would be the worst. I do occasionally string yarn around my sister's room to create wires for her to maneuver around, but that's hardly a "worst thing" since it really just inconveniences her. It's pretty funny when she finds out about it though.
  4. I really like the AMA format. I think it's a good way for the users here to interact and get to know one another. It should definitely be bi-weekly in my opinion though. Have one on Friday and another one on either Tuesday or Wednesday to give proper space.
  1. Why do we disagree so much?
  2. And still end up being good friends?
  3. How does that make any sense?
  1. I guess it's my surprising amount of optimism towards things against your more pragmatic approach to things. They tend to clash at times.
  2. People with ideological differences can be friends perfectly fine. One of my best friends is pretty conservative, whereas as I'm more liberal. We disagree on things, but our beliefs are just one part of our personality, and I'm personally of the opinion that the best beliefs/mindsets are those that are challenged or affected by different beliefs. You can't just sit in an echo chamber all day.
  3. You tell me.
  1. How did I end up becoming an echo fighter of you, because that's the only SmashBoards lore that I don't know.
  2. Do you think I have any chance of living before E3?
  3. Despite Xenoblade 2's base game, the people who didn't like it ended up liking Torna: The Golden Country. Are you a part of that party?
  1. Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! apparently doesn't know the difference between us.
  2. I'd say you've got a 50/50 shot depending on if Banjo is shown at E3. Heihachi at EVO isn't happening, so if Banjo doesn't show up at E3 you're ****ed.
  3. Ima be real with you and say that I sold Xenoblade Chronicles 2 to get Pokémon Lets Go Pikachu. Pikachu is ****ing adorable and I had a good time with it. Maybe if the game dips to $20 I'll buy it again, but until then I can't answer that question.
1. Why did you get into the speculation scene?
2. Who is your most wanted 1st party character for Smash?
3. What career do you plan to have after leaving college?
  1. I was excited for the new Smash Bros. and wanted to talk about it.
  2. Either Euden from Dragalia Lost or the Astral Chain Twins since both represent modern Nintendo well and could bring interesting movesets to the table. Waluigi gets my approval as well solely for the memes.
  3. Right now I'm leaning towards some crossing of mental health and law. Maybe something like policy or public/non-profit work.
Who is your favorite author?

Chocolate or strawberry ice-cream?

If you had to choose one portable game to play for the rest of your life, what would it be?
  1. I don't really have one per sé. James Dashner comes to mind as a favorite author of my childhood though.
  2. Strawberry
  3. Either a Pokémon game (Platinum or Neo Y) or a Fire Emblem game (Awakening or Fates).
What was your first vidya?

What are your career goals in the future?

Who would win in a fight between Goku and Superman?
  1. See above
  2. See above
  3. As much as I want to say Goku, we all know it's Superman.
What would your perfect day be like?
  • A perfect day for me would be a blend between productiveness and relaxation and time spent with friends or a loved one (assuming I have one).
Keep the questions coming! I'll answer more in the morning!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

What is a Ponycorn? Is it a Pony? a Unicorn? or is it both like a Zorse?

Flyboy

Smash Hero
If you could change one user's heart, either on Smashboards or the Joker discord, whose would it be?

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
What is a Ponycorn? Is it a Pony? a Unicorn? or is it both like a Zorse?
  1. It's a ponycorn
Erdrick?

Shiny gonna lose the bet?

Mass hysteria, dogs and cats living together?
  1. Yes
  2. Definitely yes
  3. Yes
If you could change one user's heart, either on Smashboards or the Joker discord, whose would it be?
@ShinyLegendary so he realizes the error of his ways
1. If you could create a video game, what would it be about?
2. Who are your top 5 video game characters?
3. If you could meet one celebrity, who would it be?
  1. Action RPG (think Tales of). I can't necessarily think of a story
  2. In no specific order:
    1. Riku
    2. Madeleine
    3. Shulk
    4. Marth
    5. Joker/Yu Narukami
  3. Ryan Reynalds. This is surprisingly more likely than you'd think.

D

Deleted member

What is your biggest achievement?

Can you whistle ?

Fan of any particular sport?

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
What is your biggest achievement?

Can you whistle ?

Fan of any particular sport?
  1. Either winning my first term of State Office in this organization I was in (It was a real uphill battle for myself), or making a name for myself in college despite all the **** I went through in High School
  2. Nope. Can't snap either.
  3. Obviously Fencing since I do it (Epeé is the best blade btw). If I were a fan of other sports they'd likely be racket sports (Tennis, Badminton, Racketball) or MMA (I'm thinking about trying Krav Maga and Jiu Jitsu alongside Aikido).
DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon

What is your absolute, 100%, single favorite song and why.
  • I never really have a particular "single favorite song," but Brighter from Patent Pending has been a regular go-to of mine since like, Middle School. It's an uplifting song that reminds me that, despite how bad things currently are, I'm always close to the light in my life.

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
favourite persona 5 track that isn't a battle theme or beneath the mask?

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
favourite persona 5 track that isn't a battle theme or beneath the mask?
  • Isn't a Battle Theme
    • Beneath the Ma-****
    • The Main Title Screen song is catchy AF. Wake Up Get Up Get Out There is my morning alarm.
How's your day? Watcha been up to? :)
Pretty good not gonna lie. Spoke about internships with the internship coordinator in my program, attended some classes, ****posted here. I've got a party tonight and I'm going to maybe talk to some cute girls so that'll be nice too.
When are we gonna co-write a thread about predictions
This is the first time I'm hearing about this, but I'll be a lot more free for discussion over the summer. So, let's shoot for sometime around then. I'm definitely down to do that though.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
  • Isn't a Battle Theme
    • Beneath the Ma-****
    • The Main Title Screen song is catchy AF. Wake Up Get Up Get Out There is my morning alarm.

Pretty good not gonna lie. Spoke about internships with the internship coordinator in my program, attended some classes, ****posted here. I've got a party tonight and I'm going to maybe talk to some cute girls so that'll be nice too.

This is the first time I'm hearing about this, but I'll be a lot more free for discussion over the summer. So, let's shoot for sometime around then. I'm definitely down to do that though.
It’s the first time I’ve mentioned anything like that, mostly because I thought it would be fun with our wildly different approaches to things

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
It’s the first time I’ve mentioned anything like that, mostly because I thought it would be fun with our wildly different approaches to things
That really could be a lot of fun. Hit me up in the DMs if you're serious.
What's your favorite color, animal, and food?
  • Color: Grey
  • Animal: Cats
  • Food: See above

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
1. Is it weird that I keep pronouncing it as "The Phoney Corn" in my head?

2. Does Joker have anything to do with Ponycorns?

3. XC1 or XC2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom