• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Weekly AMA: Taylor F (REDUX)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
1590187847465.png

Taylor F
This AMA's subject is a talented voice actor and 3d modeler! Let's hear it for Taylor F!

Now this ain't Taylor F's first AMA here as they were a subject in the past. I'd strongly recommend checking out Taylor F's initial AMA from last year just so we don't get a majority of repeat questions. However a good amount of time has passed and some answers may have changed, so at the same time, I wouldn't completely discourage repeats either.

As always, all site rules are in effect. Please try and limit yourself to one post containing up to three questions until Taylor F has answered, then you may ask more. And when asking questions, please keep it civil. Have fun! If you're curious about if you're on the list of future AMAs, refer to this post over in the Social thread. If you're not and you'd like to be added, please send me a message. Even if you've been a subject in the past, you're free to go again! We'll try to draw one name for an AMA each week, so stay tuned! And if you wanna check out some of the older AMAs, please refer to this post in the Social Thread

Alright, @Taylor F, you ready?

I'll start:
  1. You got any good voice acting tips?
  2. What's your favorite part about 3D modeling?
  3. Who is your preferred choice for the ARMS rep as Challenger Pack 6?

D

Deleted member

This is Smashboards we’re talking about. Do I look like I could possibly be ready? /s

Jokes aside, thanks for the help in setting this up!

1. I feel like there’s so much advice to be given, but if we’re talking one general piece of advice, definitely research. One of the worst things you can lack is knowledge, because then a lot of other parts of VO tends to fall apart.
2. I don’t model often, so I can’t really say, but if we’re talking about 3D art in general, probably the actual animation process. There’s a whole lot of ways you can go about things, and it’s really fun to create nice expressive animation.
3. I honestly don’t know many Arms characters, but the Hollywood lady would be an interesting pick.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
  1. So how are you and Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! keeping busy amidst the whole quarantine business?
  2. What kind of characters do you hope to voice or what kind of projects do you hope to be a part of in the future?
  3. If you had the opportunity to have all your favorite Pokémon irl with you, not to battle but just to travel around and spend time with, what kind of activities would you do with your Pokémon? Including activities you could only do with those Pokémon.

D

Deleted member

1. So how are you and Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! keeping busy amidst the whole quarantine business?
  2. What kind of characters do you hope to voice or what kind of projects do you hope to be a part of in the future?
  3. If you had the opportunity to have all your favorite Pokémon irl with you, not to battle but just to travel around and spend time with, what kind of activities would you do with your Pokémon? Including activities you could only do with those Pokémon.
1. I would say voice over, but frankly, finding good work is pretty hard, so when I’m not doing that I’m just fooling around with 3D animation. Been trying to really find more good things to audition for, though.
2. Just fun, well developed characters. I’d love to dabble in some more games and animation. There’s this one game I have my eye on, and the dev followed me, so I think they might be interested in having me, which is great ‘cause that has a lotmof VAs who voice in things I really enjoy. (It’s got one Pokemon Masters VA, one, (maybe two,) Sword Art Online VAs, and a VA from one of the Marvel mobile games.)
3. Only with Pokemon? Well only Pokemon can give Pokehugs? Either way I want to hug them.

D

Deleted member

1. Do you collect any kind of action figures?
2. Which was your favourite movie of the decade of the 2000s?
3. If you could spend a whole week on an island and take three games for Switch, which would you choose?

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
1. How did you get into FNAF in the first place?

2. What's your favorite of the following fast food french fries: McDonald's, Wendy's, Chick-Fil-A, Burger King, Arby's (curly), or Five Guys? Please pick one of these six.

3. Do you prefer coffee, tea, or hot chocolate?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
1. What's the biggest project you've voiced for, and is currently released?(I'm clarifying it this way, since you can only speak of released stuff or certain things due to an NDA)
2. Speaking of NDA's, did they ever have odd stuff you wouldn't expect for the details?
3. Among released products, what was your favorite Voice Acting job?

D

Deleted member

1. Do you collect any kind of action figures?
2. Which was your favourite movie of the decade of the 2000s?
3. If you could spend a whole week on an island and take three games for Switch, which would you choose?
1. Nope, I’m not a very big collector, but it’d be cool to have some goodies!
2. If I had to pick one it’d be Spirited Away or the Incredibles.
3. Smash Bros. Ultimate, New Horizons, and FNAF VR.

1. How did you get into FNAF in the first place?

2. What's your favorite of the following fast food french fries: McDonald's, Wendy's, Chick-Fil-A, Burger King, Arby's (curly), or Five Guys? Please pick one of these six.

3. Do you prefer coffee, tea, or hot chocolate?
1. Just heard about it, thought, “Hey, that’s STUPID!” then actually gave it a whirl and discovered it was not stupid. LOL
2. Arg, that’s hard. Probably Wendy’s, but the. McDonalds is a close second.
3. I haven’t had coffee or tea, so I’ll go Hot Chocolate,

1. What's the biggest project you've voiced for, and is currently released?(I'm clarifying it this way, since you can only speak of released stuff or certain things due to an NDA)
2. Speaking of NDA's, did they ever have odd stuff you wouldn't expect for the details?
3. Among released products, what was your favorite Voice Acting job?
1. Biggest thing I’ve voiced in popularity wise would either be a FNAF fangame I voice in that got pretty popular or a recreation of an old Disney game, but with regularly added content to keep it fresh. (One of these is a demo and the other is a beta, but I’d say I cam still talk about them. LOL Biggest thing I’ve actually had the chance to audition for is a game called Pine, which was actually featured in a Nintendo Direct. I was turned down, but it’s still cool to even think I could have the opportunity to audition for things like that. I have another cool project I’ve set my eyes on that has some really cool VAs (Pokemon Masters, Sword Art Online, etc.) and I believe the director is interested in having me on, so that’d be very surreal.
2. I typically have a decent understanding of what’s happening, so I don’t get many curveballs. Probably biggest surprise was when I did a game and recorded all the lines then BLAM got shown a WIP just like that and it looked absolutely stunning. So, if that answers your question, then that. lol
3. It’d either be Toontown: Corporate Clash, Animator’s Hell, or Eddie and The Misfits.

EDIT: As for #3, while I’m not a VA for this, I’m helping voice direct a talented VA named Emi Ray, and that’s been a lot of fun to work on so far. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
1. Is there any genre of game you'd prefer not to do voices for?

2. Do you do announcer type voices(like calling out the character's name for selection, rounds in a fighting game, 3, 2, 1, Go in a Racing game, etc.)?

D

Deleted member

1. Is there any genre of game you'd prefer not to do voices for?

2. Do you do announcer type voices(like calling out the character's name for selection, rounds in a fighting game, 3, 2, 1, Go in a Racing game, etc.)?
1. As for games specifically, not that I can think of!
2. I never have before, but I think it would be really fun to.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
1: would you rather have three arms and one leg or one arm and three legs
2: first video game?

D

Deleted member

1: would you rather have three arms and one leg or one arm and three legs
2: first video game?
1. Dadgum, that's a hard question. I'm gonna go 3 arms and one leg, assuming I could, yknow, move around. lol
2. I don't recall my exact first, but some of the earliest I recall playing are Castle Crashers, Disney Infinity, and Portal 1 and 2.

D

Deleted member

What is your favorite FNAF model to draw and design and why?
I typically animate more than I do model, so if I had to go on about animation and renders, I dunno why, but certain characters like Foxy can be really fun to pose.

As for modeling, I haven’t tried tk recreate any already existing characters, but I did some fan characters, if you want to call them that. (Really, one was a gift for a friend, and the other was a meme. LOL) The only models I’ve done for some more serious work that was actually released as a music video inspired by FNAF where I modeled stylized versions of the toy animatronics.

(Here’s the thumbnail. To clarify, all of the poses for the characters and camera settings are by me, along with the Toy Freddy model, and the Withered Freddy model, Golden Freddy Model, and lighting is by Rjac25. Finally, the Puppet model and touchups are by Subject Illuminant.)
C5CA0BAF-BC89-4465-8472-90B6EF6BCF2D.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom