• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Weekly AMA: SSGuy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

1601610398170.png

SSGuy

This AMA's subject is a super fighting sauropod, SSGuy!

As always, all site rules are in effect. Please try and limit yourself to one post containing up to three questions until SSGuy has answered, then you may ask more. And when asking questions, please keep it civil. Have fun! If you're curious about if you're on the list of future AMAs, refer to this post over in the Social thread. If you're not and you'd like to be added, please send me a message. Even if you've been a subject in the past, you're free to go again! We'll try to draw one name for an AMA each week, so stay tuned! And if you wanna check out some of the older AMAs, please refer to this post in the Social Thread

Alright, SSGuy SSGuy , let's get movin!

I'll start:
  1. What would consider to be your most hype Smash reveal?
  2. How did you get into Smash in the first place?
  3. Thoughts on Steve making it in?

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
1. Favourite Pixar films?
2. Most Wanted character for Smash?
3. Which Kirby character do you want for Smash?

KillerCage

Smash Master
1) Worst Smash character inclusion?

2) Worst Smash reveal trailer?

3) Will you give Wesker an egg? :4pacman:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Hey there! I want to give out a sincere apology for not originally meeting this date as requested. I had a lot of personal stuff on my plate but I want to ensure that I get a chance to answer everyone's questions. I am looking forward to answering anything you guys have for me!

I'll start:
  1. What would consider to be your most hype Smash reveal?
  2. How did you get into Smash in the first place?
  3. Thoughts on Steve making it in?
1. I think in terms of hype, I was most excited for Mega Man. Behind Geno, Mega Man is my most wanted character of all time and he came at a time when the franchise was receiving little to no content so there was a lot to be excited for. The Miis were pretty awesome too. Especially with Iwata doing an E.Honda head butt.

2. Smash Bros didn't really take off for me until 2009 when I started playing more competitive Smash Bros at university. I cannot tell you how many hours I would idle on Smashboards reading discussion threads on how to play Wario and discussing regional results. Brawl was almost like a second religion at some point and I think the time I spent with that game is the reason why I consider it my favorite Smash Bros game of all time.

3. I think Steve is arguably the biggest character to ever appear in Smash Bros. He certainly is the biggest face in modern gaming and I think it's always neat seeing people happy for a reveal, even if I am unfamiliar with the franchise. It's the potential experiences we can share with each other that really makes Smash Bros the best kind of cross over.

1. Favourite Pixar films?
2. Most Wanted character for Smash?
3. Which Kirby character do you want for Smash?
1. I think Wall-E is probably my favorite Pixar movie. It tells the most simple of stories without being too chatty about it but I still feel invested with everything going on the whole time. A Bug's Life is criminally underappreciated as well. I love the idea of the protagonist and the antagonist understanding the same philosophy and while one wants to nurture and grow it, the other wants to keep it down. One of my favorite YouTube channels occasionally discusses Pixar movies in really vivid detail and you should definitely check him out here.

2. Geno has been my most wanted character since at least 2005. The Mario RPGs (SMRPG, Paper Mario, M&L) have been some of my favorite games of all time with SMRPG and PM64 being some of the best kind of turned based game. So seeing him return in any kind of form has been something I have been wishing for over half my life.

3. The Kirby games I have the most playtime with are 64, Air Ride and SuperStar so I might not be familiar with all the characters from the Kirby Universe. However, I really was hoping Marx at one point. He seems too good to pass up. But seeing Marx as a boss might be the most accurate representation for this character. They did an excellent job with him.

1) Worst Smash character inclusion?
2) Worst Smash reveal trailer?
3) Will you give Wesker an egg?
1) This one is always going to be subjective and sometimes it comes down to which characters might beat me in bracket that night lol

2) This one is always going to be subjective but I might say the worst reveal would probably be Piranha Plant. I think unfortunate timing and how nobody was truly sure what to expect from it kind of lead to him getting a less than stellar reveal. But no matter how disappointing a reveal is, it doesn't take away from the fact that they are apart of the game.

3) I don't know. He seems pretty scary with them.

KillerCage

Smash Master
4) Favorite copy combination in Kirby 64?

5) Do you watch Lets Players/Twitch Streamers and if so, who are some of your favorites?

6) Would you kill Ryu Hayabusa with kindness... and bullets? :4pacman:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
4) Favorite copy combination in Kirby 64?
5) Do you watch Lets Players/Twitch Streamers and if so, who are some of your favorites?
6) Would you kill Ryu Hayabusa with kindness... and bullets?
4) Either the Refrigerator, Spike Ball or Exploding Shurikens
5) I never caught onto really following lets players or twitch streamers. It was just past my time. I am a fan of Jerma985 however. I think that is a guy who goes above and beyond. Also being a fan of classic NewGrounds content I do enjoy listening to OneyNG whenever he decides to play something. (SleepCast ist still the best podcast) Anyone can make a decent streamer/let's player aside from DarkSydePhil lol
6) Kindness. But if he is coming to get me, bullets.

KillerCage

Smash Master
7) Favorite Air Ride Machine?

8) Favorite movies?

9) Is "Steve" a trooper?:4pacman:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
7) Favorite Air Ride Machine?
8) Favorite movies?
9) Is "Steve" a trooper?
7. The Hydra is overlooked because it's not Dragoon but I have always liked that one.
8. Not a huge movie guy but Star Wars is the one cinematic universe I can actually get into.
9. Steve can be a lot of things. Even Mario, so I think he is probably a trooper too.

KillerCage

Smash Master
10) Favorite prehistoric animal?

11) Favorite Star Wars characters?

9. Steve can be a lot of things. Even Mario, so I think he is probably a trooper too.
12) So you're happy that Captain Falcon didn't kill the joke that is "Steve?" :4pacman:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
10) Favorite prehistoric animal?

11) Favorite Star Wars characters?

12) So you're happy that Captain Falcon didn't kill the joke that is "Steve?" :4pacman:
10. Probably the sauropod and all the variations of that kind of dinosaur. The plesiosaurus is pretty cool too.

11. It depends on the what story is being told. Like Clone Wars Maul is a way more interesting character than prequel Maul. However I think Anakin/Vader is the most important character in all of Star Wars.

12. I'm not completely sure I get the reference to comment. I guess I'm just happy for people that wanted Steve.

KillerCage

Smash Master
12. I'm not completely sure I get the reference to comment. I guess I'm just happy for people that wanted Steve.
13) Favorite moon in our solar system excluding our own moon?

14) Favorite Indie games?

15) Are you Speed Racer's brother, Rex Racer? :4pacman:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
4. If you had to be any Nintendo character, who would it be?
5. Favourite planet of the Solar System?
6. Do you think that Yoshi and Wario need a second rep?

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
13) Favorite moon in our solar system excluding our own moon?

14) Favorite Indie games?

15) Are you Speed Racer's brother, Rex Racer? :4pacman:
13. Saturn has some pretty cool moons like Titan so I will just go with that.

14. It's a toss up between Rivals Of Aether or Cuphead. I also backed Them's Fightin Herds' kickstarter. Felt like the right thing to do after hearing how Hasbro kind of screwed them. I just finished up YIIK last week.

15. I wish. I love racing. A luxury I sadly do not have the money to experience.

4. If you had to be any Nintendo character, who would it be?
5. Favourite planet of the Solar System?
6. Do you think that Yoshi and Wario need a second rep?
4. I think Gold/Ethan lives as perfect of a video game character's life as you get. I'd be so down to be apart of the Johto region.
5. Earth. It's the one I live on. Go Team Earth!
6. I do for Yoshi. I think Kamek would actually be a really great choice and has historically been a character that deserves to be in that playable role. If we are going based on Wario Ware characters, I'd rather they go with a character from the same team's other franchise, Rhythm Heaven. But if we are talking about someone like Captain Syrup, then I could see her being a really neat addition too.

KillerCage

Smash Master
16) Favorite Cuphead boss?

17) Favorite Rivals of Aether character?

18) What do A. I. stand for? :4pacman:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
16) Favorite Cuphead boss?

17) Favorite Rivals of Aether character?

18) What do A. I. stand for? :4pacman:
16. For Design, I like the look of Beppi. For music it's the entire King Dice area.

17. Elliana pushed me into getting the game. Snakes are one of those animals I really like and she fits that more area control playstyle without sacrificing any movement options that makes the game as good as it is. She's the best kind of character.

18. Artificial Intelligence

KillerCage

Smash Master
19) Favorite planet in our EXCLUDING Earth?

20) Favorite cartoons/animes?

21) Why are there 6 pedals when there are 4 directions? :4pacman:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
19) Favorite planet in our EXCLUDING Earth?

20) Favorite cartoons/animes?

21) Why are there 6 pedals when there are 4 directions? :4pacman:
19. Jupiter is huge and also the name of my former home town.

20. I watch a ton of stuff since I do like like the practice of animation. I think Wander Over Yonder was the most underappreciated thing to ever grace a Disney affiliated network. (Hoping it's going to end up on Disney Plus soon) Also liked a lot of Titmouse Inc shows such as Motorcity and Turbo FAST. They both look super impressive. I could go on and on about animation but I think the Golden Era The Simpsons is probably the best animation has to offer.

Regarding anime, the only two I can get into are Hajime No Ippo and Dr. Stone

21. Red Vs Blue is boomer enough for me to get the reference. I think the Scorpion Tank's name was Sheila iirc

KillerCage

Smash Master
22) Favorite science topic?

23) Favorite music genre?

24) What would you buy at Waluigi's bridal boutique?:4pacman:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom