• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Weekly AMA: Speed Weed: Round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

Speed Weed

This AMA's subject is one quick plant, Speed Weed!

Now this ain't Speed Weed's first AMA here as they were a subject in the past. I'd strongly recommend checking out Speed Weed's initial AMA from last year just so we don't get a majority of repeat questions. However a good amount of time has passed and some answers may have changed, so at the same time, I wouldn't completely discourage repeats either.

As always, all site rules are in effect. Please try and limit yourself to one post containing up to three questions until Speed Weed has answered, then you may ask more. And when asking questions, please keep it civil. Have fun! If you're curious about if you're on the list of future AMAs, refer to this post over in the Social thread. If you're not and you'd like to be added, please send me a message. Even if you've been a subject in the past, you're free to go again! We'll try to draw one name for an AMA each week, so stay tuned! And if you wanna check out some of the older AMAs, please refer to this post in the Social Thread

Alright, Speed Weed Speed Weed , you ready?

I'll start:

1. On a scale of 1-10, how satisfied are you with Ultimate's set of newcomers?
  2. How did you get around to joining Smashboards in the first place
  3. You have to replace the cast of an entire game, movie, tv show, book etc. with Amigo, what do you choose?

KillerCage

Smash Master

Speed Weed

Now this ain't Speed Weed's first AMA here as they were a subject in the past. I'd strongly recommend checking out Speed Weed's initial AMA from last year just so we don't get a majority of repeat questions. However a good amount of time has passed and some answers may have changed, so at the same time, I wouldn't completely discourage repeats either.

As always, all site rules are in effect. Please try and limit yourself to one post containing up to three questions until Speed Weed has answered, then you may ask more. And when asking questions, please keep it civil. Have fun! If you're curious about if you're on the list of future AMAs, refer to this post over in the Social thread. If you're not and you'd like to be added, please send me a message. Even if you've been a subject in the past, you're free to go again! We'll try to draw one name for an AMA each week, so stay tuned! And if you wanna check out some of the older AMAs, please refer to this post in the Social Thread

I'll start:

3. You have to replace the cast of an entire game, movie, tv show, book etc. with Amigo, what do you choose?
UMMMM...
Why am I being linked to cashregister9's AMA thread?

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
1. How would you rank the Marvel VS Capcom series?
2. What retro SEGA franchise would you love to see brought back in the same vein as Wonder Boy and Alex Kidd?
3. If we ever get another SEGA racing game, who would you like to see playable?

osby

Smash Obsessed
  1. Heist movies or whodunits?
  2. Do you have a game series that you'd like to see adopt a different genre for an entry?
  3. What is a very specific trope you never get tired of?

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Gonna start with my 3 trademark generic questions

1. Favorite food?
2. Cats or dogs?
3. Do you ever ponder your place in the cosmos?

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Aight let's go

Speed Weed

I'll start:

1. I'd say about an 8. Obviously an extremely impressive lineup, but there's only a handful of characters that appeal to Me Specifically and the first-party side of things feels weirdly like it's missing something, despite having some really good picks. But these are just personal nitpicks, really. Objectively, yeah it's a killer lineup
2. I kinda just......heard of it and decided to check in on it one day! I then went on to lurk around for well over a year, before one day deciding to finally grow a pair and join in
3. So you know when movies/shows/etc do random celebrity cameos where they show up and everyone recognizes them and loves them and they save the day? Make all of them Amingo. Amingo randomly always popping in and everyone going "WOW ITS AMINGO FROM THE HIT GAME MARVEL VS CAPCOM 2"
1. How would you rank the Marvel VS Capcom series?
2. What retro SEGA franchise would you love to see brought back in the same vein as Wonder Boy and Alex Kidd?
3. If we ever get another SEGA racing game, who would you like to see playable?
1. UMvC3 > MvC2 > MvC1 > MvCI

UMvC3 basically has everything I'd want out of a Mahvel game, MvC2 is obviously the eternal classic (and it has Amingo!!!!), MvC1 is a Very Solid MvC Game, and Infinite is.....Infinite. It's a shame, really, cause the core gameplay is great, but this is a case where the sheer amount of focus on the "core" of it all actually works to its detriment, since the fanservice is such a big part of what makes MvC games so good. Plop this game's gameplay into an MvC that does everything else better as well, and you could have a real banger of a game in your hands.

2. I really really really want a new Virtual-ON. Cool robots fighting is a premise that makes my tiny monkey brain light up like a pinball machine. I also think you could do some real fun stuff with Space Harrier and Rent A Hero, and although this is technically only a branch of a franchise that, as a whole, is very much alive right now, I really wanna see them do something new with Zombie Revenge

3. **** man, so many. Temjin, a Streets of Rage rep, a Phantasy Star rep, Asha, Taro Yamada, playable reps for Panzer Dragoon and Burning Rangers, Gunstar Green in the Seven Force, someone from Fighting Vipers, some form of Thunder Force representation, lotsa fun stuff they could do.
1) What would you buy from Waluigi's bridal boutique?:4pacman:

2) How many times are you willing to kill Ryu Hayabusa?:4pacman:

3) Do you believe Sly Cooper can fly? :4pacman:
1. I don't know but I trust Waluigi's selection of bridal items

2. Many

3. ye
  1. Heist movies or whodunits?
  2. Do you have a game series that you'd like to see adopt a different genre for an entry?
  3. What is a very specific trope you never get tired of?
1. Whodunits can be very good but I gotta rep for heists here
2. I'll forever stand by the fact that an F-Zero fighting game would be the coolest thing ever
3. Anti-humor will always be the best thing
af2.png

1. Do you like Vectorman?
2. Why do you forget to count my submissions as likes?
3. Favorite Non-Smash fighting game?
1. To some degree, yes
2. I don't
3. MvC

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
4. Do you want your game "Battle of AGES" to be real?
5. Favorite Music genre?
6. Favorite SEGA Arcade game?
4. I mean.....yeah
5. Aight, this is something I do have a lot to say on:

-Generally, my preferred type of music is rock. Some of the subgenres of rock I tend to enjoy most are punk rock, art rock, new wave/post-punk, a lot of 80s alternative rock (so stuff like the Smiths and the Cure and such), etc. I went through a bit of a classic rock phase last year, but I've kinda grown out of that one - although there's still stuff I like from that sphere of course
-I also tend to dig a lot of funk music
-I like some electronic music. The stuff I tend to have the most affinity for is French house (so, y'know, Daft Punk and whatnot) but I also really like a lot of alternative dance stuff (so I guess things like New Order or LCD Soundsystem fall into this). I also actually really like early synth stuff (things like Kraftwerk and YMO and so on)
-Within the jazz sphere, the types of jazz I like most are jazz fusion and acid jazz

There are obviously things in other genres and subgenres that I also like, but these are the ones that I generally like the most
6. Some of my faves are Space Harrier, OutRun 2, and Virtual-ON Oratorio Tangram

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
1) Vyse walks into a bar. What does he order?
2) Everyone asks “what is your dream job”. Let’s turn the tables. What’s your nightmare job?
3) What’s the average airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
7. Do you like Silvagunner?
8. Do you like Shrek?
9. HWYR if Takamaru joined Smash?
7. yeah
8. hell yeah
9. HELL YEAH
1) Vyse walks into a bar. What does he order?
2) Everyone asks “what is your dream job”. Let’s turn the tables. What’s your nightmare job?
3) What’s the average airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?
1. ur mom
2. Any of my "dream jobs" because I'll have to experience the pain of witnessing something I loved doing turn into just a chore
3. ur mom
4) Will you let Ryu shoot Ryu with swords?:4pacman:

5) Will you summon your attack kittens?:4pacman:

6) Want to watch Ridley scoot? :4pacman:
4. no
5. yes
6. Thank you that was wonderful
4. What were your favorite/best subjects in school?
5. Western or eastern animation?
6. What's the coolest piece of SEGA merch that you own?
4. History and arts
5. See, the instinctual response would prolly be eastern but thinking about it, there's probably more western animation I enjoy actually
6. I am not someone who seeks out a lot of merch so I don't think there's really anything here I can talk about sadly
1. What inspired you to make the SEGA smash thread?
2. Any hobbies?
1. There were a lotta creation threads out there, and a SEGA platform fighter is like my number 1 dream game, and no one else had done it, and it sounded like it could be a fun time if I played my cards right and here we are now. Another thing that's sorta inspired me to keep the project going was seeing how creative we could get with the stuff we add and the ways in which we could dig into SEGA's history for a roster that stands out. Because I'll be real, nearly every SEGA roster I see feels like it's pulling from the exact same pool of characters. Things have just gotten kinda stale in that sphere, too many times they just keep falling into the exact same trappings and issues, so if we have the opportunity to, like, think outside the box and put some real thought into the roster, then we can find some great possible picks out there that are barely touched by any of these rosters. And it's been working out really well so far! I love how our roster has been shaping up, it's so cool and varied, and I'm confident it's only going to get better. This project has been a blast so far, and I'm so happy things worked out the way they did
2. I really enjoy drawing, and lately I've also gotten really into music in general
1. Who's the best Jump character of all time and why is it Cyborg Grandpa G?
2. What are some of your favorite Jump series?
3. Favorite non-Jump manga and anime?
1. You're right, it is Cyborg Grandpa G
2. I would say my two big all-time faves are JoJo and Gintama
3. See now this is something I need to work on

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
1. ur mom
2. Any of my "dream jobs" because I'll have to experience the pain of witnessing something I loved doing turn into just a chore
3. ur mom
One is unlike the other but I can’t seem to place my finger on it. Hmmm

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
7. What's a quote that lives rent free in your head?
8. How did you first get into video games?
9. Who are some of your favorite SEGA antagonists?

KillerCage

Smash Master
7) Did you hear about Microsoft buying Activision Blizzard?

8) Did you hire those Servbots to kidnap Beefuru? :4pacman:

9) WHAT KILLED THE ICE AGE!?!?:4pacman:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
7. What's a quote that lives rent free in your head?
8. How did you first get into video games?
9. Who are some of your favorite SEGA antagonists?
7. "The only way out is through". Simple quote, but it's helped me out when dealing with some tough stuff
8. I sincerely cannot remember
9. My favorite SEGA antagonist is the Magician from House of the Dead cause he's sick as ****
13. Vectorman walks into bar. What does he order?
14. Favorite Cartoon Network show?
15. HWYR if Kratos was added into Smash?
7. I dunno man
8. Regular Show
9. oh me oh my
7) Did you hear about Microsoft buying Activision Blizzard?

8) Did you hire those Servbots to kidnap Beefuru? :4pacman:

9) WHAT KILLED THE ICE AGE!?!?:4pacman:
7. Yes and what the ****
8. Yeah
9. me. i killed the ice age.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom