• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Weekly AMA: SnakeFighter64 (REDUX)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

1597968111697.png

SnakeFighter64

This AMA's subject is a woman of tactical espionage, master of the dragon fist, and jiggy collector extraordinaire, SnakeFighter64!

Now this ain't SnakeFighter64's first AMA here as they were a subject in the past. I'd strongly recommend checking out SnakeFighter64's initial AMA from last year just so we don't get a majority of repeat questions. However a good amount of time has passed and some answers may have changed, so at the same time, I wouldn't completely discourage repeats either.

As always, all site rules are in effect. Please try and limit yourself to one post containing up to three questions until SnakeFighter64 has answered, then you may ask more. And when asking questions, please keep it civil. Have fun! If you're curious about if you're on the list of future AMAs, refer to this post over in the Social thread. If you're not and you'd like to be added, please send me a message. Even if you've been a subject in the past, you're free to go again! We'll try to draw one name for an AMA each week, so stay tuned! And if you wanna check out some of the older AMAs, please refer to this post in the Social Thread

Alright, SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 , you ready?

I'll start:
  1. Street Fighter or Metal Gear?
  2. How did you get into Smash in the first place?
  3. Between the Xbox Series X and the PlayStation 5, which are you more likely to pick up, if any?

D

Deleted member

1) What's your favorite game?
2) What's your favorite food?
3)What kinda hobbies do you have outside of gaming?

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Ah, Snake. This could be a fun one.

1. What five countries do you want to visit and why?

2. Why has your pfp always been just that and is there anything else you have wanted to change to?

3. What part of the US are you from?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
View attachment 282941
SnakeFighter64

This AMA's subject is a woman of tactical espionage, master of the dragon fist, and jiggy collector extraordinaire, SnakeFighter64!

Now this ain't SnakeFighter64's first AMA here as they were a subject in the past. I'd strongly recommend checking out SnakeFighter64's initial AMA from last year just so we don't get a majority of repeat questions. However a good amount of time has passed and some answers may have changed, so at the same time, I wouldn't completely discourage repeats either.

As always, all site rules are in effect. Please try and limit yourself to one post containing up to three questions until SnakeFighter64 has answered, then you may ask more. And when asking questions, please keep it civil. Have fun! If you're curious about if you're on the list of future AMAs, refer to this post over in the Social thread. If you're not and you'd like to be added, please send me a message. Even if you've been a subject in the past, you're free to go again! We'll try to draw one name for an AMA each week, so stay tuned! And if you wanna check out some of the older AMAs, please refer to this post in the Social Thread

Alright, SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 , you ready?

I'll start:
  1. Street Fighter or Metal Gear?
  2. How did you get into Smash in the first place?
  3. Between the Xbox Series X and the PlayStation 5, which are you more likely to pick up, if any?
1. They scratch completely different itches. But if I had to answer...... ehhhhhh Metal Gear! Metal Gear is my favorite gaming story of all time but there are other fighting games I like more then Street Fighter.
2. I joined a video game club in high school and Smash Brawl was all they played. Well, once Wii U came out it was all that, but before then it was all Brawl. And my main was Snake.
3. I put Series X on my christmas list and it probably will be the one I get first if any. Simply because I have more Xbox Games then PlayStation games. And since I never got a One X, I just have the base Xbox One, I am super excited to see all my favorite games take a major graphical leap. Maybe Sonic Unleashed will finally run completely smoothly!
1) What's your favorite game?
2) What's your favorite food?
3)What kinda hobbies do you have outside of gaming?
1. Of all time? That's a real toughie. But I think right now, Killer Instinct (Xbox One) would top that list with Banjo-Kazooie following CLOSE behind.
2. I'm a cheese maniac.
3. I draw. I write. I sing.
Ah, Snake. This could be a fun one.

1. What five countries do you want to visit and why?

2. Why has your pfp always been just that and is there anything else you have wanted to change to?

3. What part of the US are you from?
1. Japan, Italy, England (for longer then a day), ..... Kenya, and Austrailia.
2. It's kind of just my icon. It's just... me. Or what I wish I looked like. I wish I could put her in different costumes to represent the different things I like, but I'm not that good an artist and the original picrew template is pretty limited.
3. Pennsylvania

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
  1. What's your ideal Banjo-Threeie?
  2. How many of your most wanted made it into Smash Ultimate so far?
  3. Would you take Metal Gear Rising 2 or Metal Gear Solid 6 as the next game if Konami ever decides to bring the series back from the dead?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
  1. What's your ideal Banjo-Threeie?
  2. How many of your most wanted made it into Smash Ultimate so far?
  3. Would you take Metal Gear Rising 2 or Metal Gear Solid 6 as the next game if Konami ever decides to bring the series back from the dead?
1. I came up with a bunch of levels for such a project a while ago.
Alright. I’ll spoiler tag it.

Some of these are more detailed than others.

Megalopolis Museam: The Hub World. A large beautiful sprawling museam containing jiggy portraits and entrances to the various levels. The portraits are all in one art gallery-esque room and the various exhibits are the entrances to each of the levels. The Museam is run by Chairman-President Magnate von Rump, an obese orange hippo who wants to bring Grunty and the other Winkeybunion Sisters back to like and steal their magic. He has already stolen the magic from Brentilda. Removing the jiggies from each level and placing them in the portraits is what powers up his machine, although Banjo and Kazooie don’t know this and think they’re de-powering him.

Mystery Manor: Set in an old Victorian manor, each Jiggy in this level also gives you a clue to the levels overarching mystery. With the goal of helping the bumbling, Layton-Esqe detective find which resident of the manor stole the Jade Bobble (revealed later to be a bobble head)

Black Magic Bayou: A Louisiana swamp during a Mardi Gras type celebration, the town square with the party is at the center, surrounded by the swampland. The people here are ducks and “swamp folk” esque Gators live in the Bayou. Collecting each Jiggy reactivates one of 15 magic totems in a circle deep in the swamp. Activating these totems revives a long dead old witch doctor who you fight as a boss.

Musical Menagerie: A zoo filled with animal/instrument hybrids. Caring for the various animals is the goal here, consisting of rhythm and memory puzzles.

Shinobi Gardens: A beautiful Japanese garden with a ninja mansion at the center. This level will put Banjo’s platforming to the test more than any other.

Land of Giants: A tribute to Banjo’s pre concept (Dream: Land of Giants) as well as a parody of the Nintendo series Fire Emblem (specifically Three Houses). There are three warring factions populating this anime fantasy landscape. The Pirates, the knights, and the Giants. You work with Edison and his dog Dinger to stop the pirates from starting an all out war between the Knights and the Giants. Banjo’s transformation in this level turns him into an anime swordsman.

Dessert Desert: A desert made of candy, more like an American desert as opposed to the Egyptian themed Gobi’s Valley. This means truck stops, canyons, coyotes, and country music. All of it made of sweet treats.

Festival Fields: A take on Click Clock Woods. This is an old small town carnival that you go to during multiple celebrations in the year, changing the theming. The four holidays being Halloween, Christmas, New Years Eve, and Independence Day. The overarching “eyrie the eagle” type jiggles involve continuing matinance of the large roller coaster and fending off a greedy suit trying to buy the park from the old couple who runs it.

Banjo-Buildie: A sandbox run by LOG where you can build and design your own challenges to get each jiggy. You can select from pre-built assets and set pieces (from any of the previous games) or you can take the time and craft your own. Levels can be shared online. Once you’ve collected all the collectibles once, you can clear the room and endlessly rebuild and design new levels.

Starstud Square: A glamorous Hollywood Boulavard area with a movie theater that features challenges that are parodies of iconic movie franchises. The agent from Festival Fields can be see here trying to acquire merchandising rights for the various celebrities and films.

Choco Forge Foundry: A massive chocolate factory that makes sweet treats of all kinds for the citizens of Megalopolis. Takes the appearance of a chocolate steel mill.

Underwater Empire: A steampunk, Jules Vern type underwater city inhabited by mer-people.

Cyberworld: An everchanging area inside a computer with two distinct layers. The bright utopian Overworld, and the slum-like Dark Web.

Moonbase Metropolis: A futuristic city on the moon run by a corrupt and asshole mayor. Your goal is to help out and bring together the different types of aliens who live here.

Please give me your feedback.
But to further explain the gameplay, it should definitely be closer to Kazooie then Tooie with the more condensed levels. I'd definitely like some sharper platforming controls as well, test your skill at platforming as well as puzzle solving and exploration. I want them to implement LOG and the magic wrench in ways that fit with the classic Banjo game-play style and humor, using a heavy dose of "Take THAT, Scrappy!". And I want them to take a page from Battle for Bikini Bottom, with small yet open visually distinct areas with separate lists of objectives. That's how you properly make a level in this kind of game bigger without making it more tedious.

2. Considering K. Rool, Banjo, and the return of Snake...... 3. Pretty good NGL.

3. Metal Gear Rising 2 definitely. Metal Gear Solid needs a good creative lead behind it. Since the core series is so dependent on story it's not something that any old studio can just do. I do have an idea for a potential MGS6 story too..
Get ready for a long one.

Set after Rising. It starts with a prologue mimicking the MGS2 tanker chapter. You play as Raiden going on a covert sneaking mission. What it is dosn't matter but it leads to him putting down his sword in favor of training new recruits for the reforming US Military.

We fade to 20 years later. A young 30 year old agent going by the codename of Snake is being sent to infiltrate a large military base in Russia (not like MGS3, the cold part of Russia) that has bean taken over by a military group known as The Seven Snakes. Seven clones of Solid Snake that are each engineered to embody one of Solid Snake's traits. Solid Cobra, the master tactician and leader. Solid Python, the best at sneaking and being unseen. Solid Anaconda, the one with the most physical strength. Solid Viper, the deadliest and most sadistic. Solid Mamba, the most intelligent. Solid Rattler, a master negotiator with a silver tongue. And Solid Boa, a master of torture and interrogation. The pressure of living up to Solid Snake's name and the constant use in combat from a young age has left each Snake mentally scarred in a unique way. The new Snake lands and after establishing a base in the... base, she is revealed to be a woman and her code name is fully revealed as Silent Snake. Raiden and 4 other characters I've yet to create are on codec. After venturing further into the base Silent Snake finds what appears to be young Solid Snake. He's disoriented and attacks Silent. After being tranqued your science codec member is able to deduce he is a clone of the original Snake with his implanted memories. Solid Snake travels through the base with you God of War and Last of Us style, sharing wisdom and helping you defeat the Seven Snakes. Along the way, mimicking Gray Fox and Mr. X, a mysterious female solider named Dark Raven appears to assist you many times. She uses Raging Raven's jet pack and Vulcan Raven's Gatling Gun. After several encounters she is unmasked and revealed to actually be Solid Python, revealing that she's a transgender woman who has been using a refined version of the parasite cure from MGSV to temporarily change sex and assist the heroic Snakes. She is forced to "Overdose" by Boa after this revelation, making the change permanent. She is airlifted out of the base and sent back to Silent Snake's chopper for medical assistance. The final story beat comes during the battle with Solid Cobra. During a famous Metal Gear plot dump, it's revealed that Silent was supposed to be the eighth Son of Snake. But when the randomized DNA turned her female, she was deemed defective and was going to be euthanized. Thankfully Raiden offered to adopt and train her. This personal relationship turned her into the most well rounded and stable Snake. Solid Cobra also reveals that this base has been experimenting with biological enhancement drugs modeled after the Metal Gear and Cyborg Ninja programs, as well as his severe daddy issue complex seeing Solid Snake as an absent father figure. He says that he is going to surpass and destroy Solid Snake and takes the Super Soldier formula labeled "Bio Gear" and assumes the form of King Cobra. After the final boss fight, the base is in flames and is going to explode. Raiden steps in at the last moment and rescues Silent, but Solid Snake stays behind. Declaring himself a remnant of the past that dosn't belong in this world. As the base explodes, the fallen Cobra is having a mental flashback to his childhood. He's crying out for daddy. Snake kneels down and comforts him. His last words being "It's okay. Daddy's Here". The final scene is Silent Snake and Dark Raven giving their mission report to the Army Cheif of Staff and deciding to form their own FoxHound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom