• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Weekly AMA: SKX31

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
1630547835564.png

SKX31
This AMA's subject is quite the menace on the ice, SKX31!

As always, all site rules are in effect. Please try and limit yourself to one post containing up to three questions until SKX31 has answered, then you may ask more. And when asking questions, please keep it civil. Have fun! If you're curious about if you're on the list of future AMAs, refer to this post over in the Social thread. If you're not and you'd like to be added, please send me a message. Even if you've been a subject in the past, you're free to go again! We'll try to draw one name for an AMA each week, so stay tuned! And if you wanna check out some of the older AMAs, please refer to this post in the Social Thread

Alright, SKX31 SKX31 , you ready?

I'll start:
  1. What's your prediction for the last character of Fighters Pass Vol 2 and Smash Ultimate in general?
  2. How did you get around to joining Smashboards in the first place?
  3. Waffles or Pancakes?

KillerCage

Smash Master
1) Favorite game genre(s)?

2) Favorite prehistoric animal(s)?

3) Will you give Albert Wesker an egg? :4pacman:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
1. Favorite Game Of All Time?

2. Favorite Show of All Time?

3. Favorite Movie of All Time?

SKX31

Smash Master
Well, hello! I was kinda caught off guard when Ramen drew my name, but here I am.

I'll start:
  1. What's your prediction for the last character of Fighters Pass Vol 2 and Smash Ultimate in general?
  2. How did you get around to joining Smashboards in the first place?
  3. Waffles or Pancakes?
Edit: Oh **** didn't see these at first.

1. I don't wanna hard commit, but if I was forced, Arle or Adol (Ys). The field's wide open though.

2. Think it was just me stumbling upon the RTC thread in the Newcomer Speculation subforum just as it was rating Arthas. I was somewhat aware this place existed previously, but I wasn't fully aware of this place until then.

3. Pancakes. Don't get me wrong, waffles are also really good, but I favor pancakes because I simply love the taste.

1. What confections do you feel helpless to resist?

2. What are your favorite topics to discuss?

3. Do you have any favorite sports?
1. Damn, that's a fun question. Like Sakurai, light soft drinks like Cola Zero; but in addition to that light Monster. I know that it's far from the healthiest drinks, so I also drink water and specific types of healthy yougurts like kefir frequently.

2. Difficult question since I get passionate about quite a few topics. I've had armchair interest in history since I was a kid, specifically medieval European history interests me because medieval opinions can be strange yet familiar at some points. The answer below and topics like how the video game industry has evolved in regions outside the "typical" regions (NA / EU / JP) also counts. The latter is partly because games like my MW (and even more established franchises) have significant fanbases in places like Russia, so I became aware of and interested in how the general view of games and the popularity of them differ.

3. Team sports like football / soccer, ice hockey and basketball. Was a total bandwagon fan when I was a kid, so I started supporting the Chicago Bulls solely due to Michael Jordan starring in Space Jam. I've stuck around to my childhood fandoms (Bulls, Colorado Avalanche, Stockholm-based team AIK for soccer) although to a less fanatical extent.

1) Favorite game genre(s)?

2) Favorite prehistoric animal(s)?

3) Will you give Albert Wesker an egg? :4pacman:
1. Genres are difficult to say, because my tastes are spread. I tend to lean towards the multiplayer side of things, so platform fighters and MOBAs are my go-tos. I've played a lot of sports games, although I'm not a fan of the yearly releases or the hyperfocus around microtransactions in the multiplayer modes recently.

As far as single player games go I typically lean towards grand strategy games and other management games, although I've played and enjoyed my fair share of JRPGs (FF6 and a little FF10, I've not gotten around to beating the latter. Perhaps I should).

2. I kinda want to say T-rexes since they're applicable to all kinds of situations whether silly or serious. It's a tough call though, as I'm kinda leaning towards the giant dragonflies that were alive during the Permian. Yes they'd look like they could fit in a horror movie, I kinda think that's why.

3. Yes, only to regret it later when he announces that he will use it for Complete Global Saturation. :4pacman:

1. Favorite Game Of All Time?

2. Favorite Show of All Time?

3. Favorite Movie of All Time?
1. Game specifically is tough to call. I was in the right place right time when it came to Dota (and its successor Dota 2) although I played a lot of StarCraft / WarCraft 3 (where the original Dota maps were and still are hosted to this day AFAIK). Melee is near and dear to me, although Ultimate is pretty damn close from my PoV.

Single player games I tend to lean ever so slightly toward FF6, Mario 64 and OoT. Although that - like Melee - is less due to nostalgia and more due to people discovering that those games can be played in previously unimagined ways and their glitches are generally really fun. Then again, I do also like FF6's story a lot (even as yes it does kinda lose its focus once Kefka gets to blow up the world). I do favor Mario Odyssey and Ring Fit when it comes to more recent single player games.

2. Show? Uuuuuh... does cartoon / anime shows count? Because if so FiM, Destruction Flag Otome and OddTaxi are up there.

3. As for movies, my opinions are also split. Serious answer, I'm likely to point to Pulp Fiction, the Dark Knight and Empire Strikes Back. But then I also have a soft spot for sillier / so bad it's good, The Room is a classic example, but also some other movies like the Russian Avengers movie (Guardians) is up there because it's so goddamn silly. That movie's Wolverine is literally a were-bear who wields a gatling gun, for instance.

Last edited:

KillerCage

Smash Master
4) Favorite platform fighter(s) excluding Smash?

5) Favorite MOBA(s) excluding DOTA?

6) Would you kill Ryu Hayabusa with kindness... and bullets? :4pacman:

SKX31

Smash Master
4) Favorite platform fighter(s) excluding Smash?

5) Favorite MOBA(s) excluding DOTA?

6) Would you kill Ryu Hayabusa with kindness... and bullets? :4pacman:
4) Uhmm... I'll give that award to Slap City. Because it has some amazingly silly characters like Fishbunjin and has some pretty creative stages to boot.

5) Uhhhm... there are not that many options since MOBAs by design don't have a lot of room for deviation from the "core" aspect. I'm leaning towards LoL here since Riot managed to build what is effectively its own identity and have some pretty damn cool character designs like Ezreal, Renekton and the newly revealed apathetic Vex. SMITE is close, because it took some surprisingly unique steps and included some cool characters too like Chulthu.

6) Ye- on second thought, no, because Ryu would 100 % do this on me if I attempted it:

SKX31

Smash Master
7) Favorite strategy game(s)?

8) Favorite Twitch streamer(s)?

9) Do you believe Sly Cooper can fly?
7) Difficult to say. Kinda tempted to say Civilization VI, although that game's AI tends to stagnate in the later eras. Europa Universalis IV is another one I can recommend, although that one is known for being extremely complex.

8) I usually don't follow individual streamers that much, but if I had to pick one... I'm going to say Maximillian Dood for many the same reasons he's one of my favorite Youtubers. Very direct and straightforward with what he points out, can be both serious and silly, and has a style that I like.

9) Now I do. :roll:

KillerCage

Smash Master
10) Favorite RPG(s) excluding Final Fantasy?

11) Favorite YouTuber(s)?

12) How many times are you will to kill Hayabusa? :4pacman:

SKX31

Smash Master
10) Favorite RPG(s) excluding Final Fantasy?

11) Favorite YouTuber(s)?

12) How many times are you will to kill Hayabusa? :4pacman:
10) Difficult question, since I don't play a lot of other RPGs. Tempted to say Super Hydlide since that game's hilariously busted just like its predecessor and successor (see this speedrun), but serious answer? Going to go with Tales of Vesperia.

11) Maximillian, and if he's not an option, BrainScratchCommentaries and related channels (SomecallmeJohnny is a member).

12) None, unless you can suggest a way to convince the local eagle population. Then the answer becomes "lots of times". :4pacman:

KillerCage

Smash Master
13) Favorite film genre(s)?

14) Favorite webshow(s)?

15) Why are there 6 pedals when there are only 4 directions? :4pacman:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
1. Have you ever played Tales of Symphonia?

2. Are you more of a dog or cat person?

3. If you could have any dream job, what would it be?

4. If you had to choose between fighting 1000 duck sized lions or 100 lion sized ducks, what would you choose?

SKX31

Smash Master
13) Favorite film genre(s)?

14) Favorite webshow(s)?

15) Why are there 6 pedals when there are only 4 directions? :4pacman:
13) I'm a sucker for action movies, even though yes they can be a bit formularic. Specifically Arnold Schwarzeneggers - that said, the MCU has overall really good quality, so that works too.

14) Uh, uhmm... not really sure, I don't watch a lot of those.

15) The two extra are designed to be for "Fast" and "Furiously fast" situations. :4pacman:

1. Have you ever played Tales of Symphonia?

2. Are you more of a dog or cat person?

3. If you could have any dream job, what would it be?

4. If you had to choose between fighting 1000 duck sized lions or 100 lion sized ducks, what would you choose?

1. Nope, actually not. It's one of those games that I've kinda had at the back of my mind, but never really got around to. Now that you mentioned it though, I might try it out honestly.

2. Cats. Although dogs can be amazing too.

3. Uhm, difficult question. I'm gonna go with either becoming a diplomat or a social science / history researcher since those are both pretty multifaceted and would lead to one discovering lots of weird but cool ****.

4. Duck sized Lions, because the Lion sized Ducks would be even more dangerous. Especially if they come in the 90s' "X-TREME!" variety:

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
1. Nope, actually not. It's one of those games that I've kinda had at the back of my mind, but never really got around to. Now that you mentioned it though, I might try it out honestly.
Wanna play it with me? :4pacman:

I'm looking for a co-op partner to start a new playthrough.

KillerCage

Smash Master
16) Favorite action movie(s) excluding the MCU?

17) Favorite moon(s) in our solar system excluding our own moon?

18) What would you buy from Waluigi's bridal boutique? :4pacman:

SKX31

Smash Master
Wanna play it with me? :4pacman:

I'm looking for a co-op partner to start a new playthrough.
I'm not entirely sure there honestly. I didn't even know that game had online Co-op, I presume on the Windows version?

16) Favorite action movie(s) excluding the MCU?

17) Favorite moon(s) in our solar system excluding our own moon?

18) What would you buy from Waluigi's bridal boutique? :4pacman:
16) I'm going to hardcommit to the silly answer and say Ahnold's Commando. It's 100 % 80s ham and cheese built entirely around Arnold, and boy howdy does he just embrace and roll with it. And yes, the Arnold oneliners are there in full force.

17) That's an interesting question. I'm tempted to say Europa (Jupiter) since it has some really strange and fascinating stuff, like a weird icy surface and potential water / habitat for microscopic life.

18) The Waluigi-signed groom costume, of course. Nothing says "Fashion Statement" better than the random upside down L on a seemingly normal costume. Oh and the costume's colors. Hey, the rose included would be worth it.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm not entirely sure there honestly. I didn't even know that game had online Co-op, I presume on the Windows version?
It doesn't normally, but through Steam Remote Play, people can play local co-op games online.

Best part is, only one person needs to own the game. It's how I played Killer Instinct 2013 before I bought it.

KillerCage

Smash Master
19) Favorite music genre(s)?

20) Favorite mineral(s)?

21) Are you Speed Racer's brother Rex Racer? :4pacman:

SKX31

Smash Master
It doesn't normally, but through Steam Remote Play, people can play local co-op games online.

Best part is, only one person needs to own the game. It's how I played Killer Instinct 2013 before I bought it.
Ah, okay, forgot about Remote Play. That makes it much better.

19) Favorite music genre(s)?

20) Favorite mineral(s)?

21) Are you Speed Racer's brother Rex Racer? :4pacman:
19) EDM, Rock, Hip Hop. Very much standard, although I do tend to look towards niché artists (I'm going to include Guilty Gear Strive's OST in this category) Still have nothing against todays pop music and will gladly listen to that.

20) Diamonds. Besides what they're usually known for the fact that they have the same composition as coal - and grafite / graphene - for no real reason is really fascinating.

21) Well, here's my response. :4pacman:

1. If you could live in any game universe, which would you pick and why?
1. Most game universes would have some major risk attached to it - especially if you wind up being an ordinary civilian and not protagonist or otherwise important character. Whether your standard monster attack, conflict / war or more natural occurences:

So I'm actually going with a pacifist game world like Animal Crossing's. Yes, from what little I've heard Tom Nook charges absurd fees and the various cast of characters are pretty eccentric (maybe not as eccentric as Mr. Resetti, but still) but it would be relatively cozy.

KillerCage

Smash Master
22) Favorite Rock song(s)?

23) Favorite Hip Pop song(s)?

24) Are you a Beefuru muncher? :4pacman:

SKX31

Smash Master
22) Favorite Rock song(s)?

23) Favorite Hip Pop song(s)?

24) Are you a Beefuru muncher? :4pacman:
22) Still have a soft spot for Lordi's Hard Rock Halleluja. But then again, there are lots of rock bands and musicians (both mainstream and more niché) that I like.

23) Now that's a difficult question. Coolio's Gangsta Paradise and Weid Al's Amish Paradise. I'll go with those two. Same applies as the above question.

24) Nope, didn't know what a Beefuru even is.

KillerCage

Smash Master
25) Favorite EDM song(s)?

26) Which place(s) in the world would you like to visit the most?

27) Will you let Agent G play his 4@(%!#& music?

SKX31

Smash Master
25) Favorite EDM song(s)?

26) Which place(s) in the world would you like to visit the most?

27) Will you let Agent G play his 4@(%!#& music?
25) Difficult question. I'm inclined to say a niché "classic" from 2013 - Craig Conelly's and Christina Novelli's Black Hole (featured in Armin Van Buuren's State of Trance). Here's Jorn van Deynhoven's remix.

26) Hmm.. tie between Tokyo and Tanzania (and no not just because a friend of mine's been there).

27) W-wuh-wha? Dunno what that even is.

Last edited:

KillerCage

Smash Master
Final set of questions from me:

28) Favorite live-action show(s)?

29) Favorite arthropod(s)?

30) WHAT KILLED THE ICE AGE!?!?

SKX31

Smash Master
Final set of questions from me:

28) Favorite live-action show(s)?

29) Favorite arthropod(s)?

30) WHAT KILLED THE ICE AGE!?!?
28) Uuuuh... boring answer, Big Bang Theory.

29) Shoutout to a classic. :4pacman: Serious answer: small harmless spiders.

30) DAT PESKY "BAT"MAN AND HIS ANNOYING SIDEKICK KICKED THAT ICE TOO MUCH, I SWEAR. I REALLY THOUGHT THAT BIRDBOY WOULD STAY COOL, BUT NO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom