• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Weekly AMA: SharkLord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
1615948493776.png

SharkLord

This AMA's subject is the a Touhou and Ys fanatic, and king of huge, carnivorous fish, SharkLord

As always, all site rules are in effect. Please try and limit yourself to one post containing up to three questions until SharkLord has answered, then you may ask more. And when asking questions, please keep it civil. Have fun! If you're curious about if you're on the list of future AMAs, refer to this post over in the Social thread. If you're not and you'd like to be added, please send me a message. Even if you've been a subject in the past, you're free to go again! We'll try to draw one name for an AMA each week, so stay tuned! And if you wanna check out some of the older AMAs, please refer to this post in the Social Thread

Alright, SharkLord SharkLord , you ready?

I'll start:
  1. What are your overall predictions for the rest of Fighters Pass Vol 2?
  2. Top 3 Touhou tracks?
  3. Waffles or Pancakes?

Noipoi

Howdy!
Wassup?

1. How did you become the lord of sharks?
2. Any countries you want to visit?
3. You are tasked with creating an animated series. What’s the plot?

SharkLord

Smash Hero

This AMA's subject is the a Touhou and Ys fanatic, and king of huge, carnivorous fish, SharkLord

As always, all site rules are in effect. Please try and limit yourself to one post containing up to three questions until SharkLord has answered, then you may ask more. And when asking questions, please keep it civil. Have fun! If you're curious about if you're on the list of future AMAs, refer to this post over in the Social thread. If you're not and you'd like to be added, please send me a message. Even if you've been a subject in the past, you're free to go again! We'll try to draw one name for an AMA each week, so stay tuned! And if you wanna check out some of the older AMAs, please refer to this post in the Social Thread

Alright, SharkLord SharkLord , you ready?

I'll start:
  1. What are your overall predictions for the rest of Fighters Pass Vol 2?
  2. Top 3 Touhou tracks?
  3. Waffles or Pancakes?
  1. Smash is getting more and more unpredictable, especially as there's less and less spots, so it's getting hard to come up with a reasonable answer. As such, I've decided to embrace the gut feelings and take a leap of faith, because it's not like a logical guess would be any more correct.
    CP10 is Lloyd Irving. Yes, the Mii Costumes returning have been a pretty solid pattern thus far, but Smash also has a habit of kicking patterns in the shins and running. Plus, Tales is pretty darn big over in Japan, and Bamco's working on Smash already. I also find it pretty fishy that Tales is the only Smash 4 Mii to not have any form of representation in the base game at all, not even a sprite in the Namco Roulette.
    CP11 is Ayumi Tachibana, who's the only character from an upcoming release that's really left to fill the "end-of-pass promotional pick" quota. Every other recent release has either been Spirited, Mii'd, deconfirmed by extension of the rest of their series, or simply releasing too late. That, and she was actually planned as far back as the original Smash 64, which would tie a nice bow on things.
  2. There's a lot of them, and I'm basically cycling through them. Here's some old favorites:
  3. Bagels :4pacman:
Wassup?

1. How did you become the lord of sharks?
2. Any countries you want to visit?
3. You are tasked with creating an animated series. What’s the plot?
  1. I did a lot of research and read a lot of shark books as a kid.
  2. Me and my family were actually going to visit France last year, but uh, y'know...
  3. Two different ideas, actually. One, a show in the future where anthropomorphic sea life have started popping up around the globe and forming their own societies. The other, a mysterious ambiguously human detective/monster exterminator who wields special supernatural weapons against supernatural creatures in a near-future city. Both are tie-in shows to video games I am planning for this one place called Fantendo Dot Com.
1. What is the most annoying sort of K.O. in Smash Bros.?
2. Have you tried caviar?
3. What is your favorite proverb?
  1. The moments when for some reason or other my controls stop working and I flail around until I do the up special too late and fall into the blast zone.
  2. No, I have not
  3. Never really thought about that. Though, the one I think of the most is "Ignorance is bliss."
Yo!

1) Favorite Youtuber(s)?

2) Favorite prehistoric animal?

3) Will you give Wesker an egg? :4pacman:
  1. Johnny Atma/GaMetal, TerminalMontage, the various heroes who upload seal videos, and the ones who do the same with Touhou covers.
  2. Megalodon's the obvious go-to, but there's also this little shark called the Hybodus that lasted from the Permian to as late as the Cretaceous; In other words, longer than the entire Mesozoic era. Props for resilience.
  3. Perhaps.jpg

KillerCage

Smash Master
4) Favorite Twitch streamer(s)?

5) Favorite film genre?

6) Are you a Beefuru muncher? :4pacman:

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
1. What do you think of tier lists? Are you a firm believer that they are accurate, or are they even necessary?
2. Is tea or coffee better, and how do you like it?
3. What confection will you fail to resist?

SharkLord

Smash Hero
1. What do you think of tier lists? Are you a firm believer that they are accurate, or are they even necessary?
2. Is tea or coffee better, and how do you like it?
3. What confection will you fail to resist?
  1. I'm neutral. They can aid the competitive community well, but I'm the guy who just smacks around low-level CPUs, so they don't really effect me.
  2. Tea. I default to chai, usually with some sugar and milk.
  3. Any of them that I'm allowed to eat

SharkLord

Smash Hero
These are Beefuru.

7) Favorite film(s)?

8) Favorite in our solar system excluding our own moon?

9) Would you kill Ryu Hayabusa with kindness... and bullets? :4pacman:
  1. I don't watch many movies, but I'm a fan of the Godzilla series. Have soft spot for Finding Nemo too.
  2. Europa, for the possibility of finding life on there
  3. ...Maybe
Favourite Ultraman series?

Favourite Ultraman monsters?

What other toku do you watch? This includes the likes of Godzilla, Gamera, Kamen Rider, Metal Heroes, etc.
  1. Haven't seen as much as I should, but I started with Geed because that was still going at the time and that was pretty fun. Started up Z recently, and that's off to a great start too.
  2. Demaaga looks pretty cool, partially because as a newer suit, there's a lot more detail put into it. Zegun's pretty cool too, what if the space-frickery and sea life influences.
  3. I haven't watched many toku shows beyond Ultraman, but I've binged the Godzilla and Gamera series. Still need to get around to Gamera: The Brave, but I managed to see all 30+ Godzilla films.

KillerCage

Smash Master
10) Favorite cartoon(s)/anime?

11) Favorite mineral?

12) Are you Speed Racer's brother Rex Racer? :4pacman:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
10) Favorite cartoon(s)/anime?

11) Favorite mineral?

12) Are you Speed Racer's brother Rex Racer? :4pacman:
  1. I don't watch many shows, actually. My main focus is just games. Though, I did quite enjoy LWA. Pretty much the only animated show I've seen front-to-back in recent years.
  2. Wurtzite Boron Nitride, for being potentially harder than diamond.
  3. Perhaps
1: Are you a Pokemon fan?
2: Favorite species of shark?
3: Any other ocean-dwelling species you find fascinating?
  1. A little, though not as much as I used to. I do still like some of the designs, though.
  2. Makos, for how sleek and streamlined they are. Also sleeper sharks, for how old they can live
  3. Octopi, for how intelligent they are. Icefish, for their unique transparent blood and frigid environments.

Also seals
    1616092502070.png

Pleasant rotund creatures

Last edited:

KillerCage

Smash Master
13) Favorite game genre?

14) Do you watch Death Battle and if so, what are your favorite episodes?

15) Why are there 6 pedals when there are only 4 directions? :4pacman:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
1: What do you think of Goblin Sharks?
2: Have you seen the film Jaws, and if so, what's your opinion on it?
3: Why is the Heavy dead?

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
1. As a lord of sharks would you eat a singer who has a predereliction of getting smooches from a red flower?

2 if train B heads to station A at 80 miles an hour and train A heads to station B at 90 miles an hour how big of a tragedy will their crash with the other train be?

3 if you were a fish and a shark came after you and tried to eat you would you consider it the food chain or a uprising from the unjust monarchy you’ve created

SharkLord

Smash Hero
13) Favorite game genre?

14) Do you watch Death Battle and if so, what are your favorite episodes?

15) Why are there 6 pedals when there are only 4 directions? :4pacman:
  1. Action-RPGs and metroidvanias, which tend to overlap. Depends on how much I want to lean into the action or the exploration. Ys VIII became my favorite game precisely because it had a fast-paced combat system, but also kept a metroidvania-like progression and map.
  2. Haven't seen Death Battle in a while. Kinda hesitant to dip back in there, since it makes the fights seem extremely serious and I'm not sure if I can survive the discussions that entail.
  3. Better to have extras rather than getting in and finding there's not enough
1: What do you think of Goblin Sharks?
2: Have you seen the film Jaws, and if so, what's your opinion on it?
3: Why is the Heavy dead?
  1. I think they're pretty cool. Deep-sea life in general is just wacky.
  2. Haven't seen it, and I'm not really into horror films in general. Still, the fact that it started off the trend of seeing sharks as mindless killing machines and the subsequent mass-culling has already soured my opinion horribly.
  3. Spontaneous human combustion
1. As a lord of sharks would you eat a singer who has a predereliction of getting smooches from a red flower?

2 if train B heads to station A at 80 miles an hour and train A heads to station B at 90 miles an hour how big of a tragedy will their crash with the other train be?

3 if you were a fish and a shark came after you and tried to eat you would you consider it the food chain or a uprising from the unjust monarchy you’ve created
  1. Assuming they're a human, probably not. Sharks don't like the taste of people and the majority of shark attacks are either provoked or the end result of poor visibility, so they generally avoid eating humans if possible.
  2. Depends on how many people are on board both trains.
  3. It's just natural. Wouldn't take it too personally.

KillerCage

Smash Master
16) Favorite Action-RPG?

17) Favorite Metroidvania?

18 WHAT ARE YOU FIGHTING FOOORRRRRRRR!?!?!? :4pacman:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
16) Favorite Action-RPG?

17) Favorite Metroidvania?

18 WHAT ARE YOU FIGHTING FOOORRRRRRRR!?!?!? :4pacman:
  1. mentioned this earlier, but Ys VIII. Fast-paced action, wide-open environment to explore, a map to fill out, and guitars blaring in the background.
  2. Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night. It's actually what got my metroidvania craze going. Hollow Knight's a close second.
  3. Because... Well, just because :drshrug:

KillerCage

Smash Master
19) Favorite soundtrack?

20) Favorite music genre?

21) What would you buy from Waluigi's bridal boutique? :4pacman:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
19) Favorite soundtrack?

20) Favorite music genre?

21) What would you buy from Waluigi's bridal boutique? :4pacman:
  1. It cycles between various Touhou songs, various Ys songs, and whatever hot new thing I stumble upon.
  2. Rock/metal. Anything with a guitar will do, really, but if we're going for specifics, symphonic metal does it best.
  3. The boutique itself :4pacman:

KillerCage

Smash Master
22) Have you listened to anything from Blazblue or Guilty Gear? Seems to be up your alley.

23) Favorite game series that isn't a Metroidvania or a RPG?

24) Will you let Agent G play his &@(4!#% music? :4pacman:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
22) Have you listened to anything from Blazblue or Guilty Gear? Seems to be up your alley.

23) Favorite game series that isn't a Metroidvania or a RPG?

24) Will you let Agent G play his &@(4!#% music? :4pacman:
  • I've only heard one song from BlazBlue (Which is gloriously over-the-top), but I can definitely say yes to Guilty Gear. I need to actually play the games at some point, but I just have so much on my list already and I don't want to develop a backlog
  • Touhou, though that's more for the general setting than the games themselves. If we want a more traditional answer, probably Kirby (Still waiting on a new mainline game...)
  • Depends on the quality of the music

KillerCage

Smash Master
25) Favorite cover from GaMetal?

26) Where in the world do you want to visit the most?

27) Would you eat Floor Ice Cream to recover your health? :4pacman:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
25) Favorite cover from GaMetal?

26) Where in the world do you want to visit the most?

27) Would you eat Floor Ice Cream to recover your health? :4pacman:
  1. The Masked Dedede cover's an old favorite. The recent cover of Tali's pretty good too.
  2. I want to go back to Canada again. I used to visit there a lot because I've got family there, but lockdown kicked in and that avenue's no longer available for the time being.
  3. ye

KillerCage

Smash Master
Final set of questions:

28: Favorite indie game(s)?

29: Favorite multiplayer game(s)?

30) What killed the ice age? :4pacman:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
1: Why did you choose your current line-up of mains in Smash Ultimate?
2: Have you ever watched RWBY?
3: What's the most obscure ocean-dwelling fish or mammal that you know of?

SharkLord

Smash Hero
1: Why did you choose your current line-up of mains in Smash Ultimate?
2: Have you ever watched RWBY?
3: What's the most obscure ocean-dwelling fish or mammal that you know of?
  1. I've found I'm drawn too big swordfighters/weapon wielders that aren't too slow, but deal a ton of damage. As such, Byleth, Sephiroth, and Pyra gel with me extremely well
  2. Whole way through. Though, I don't have whatever subscription they use that let them get the episodes first, so I'm always a week behind.
  3. Off the top of my head, sorceress eels

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
1: Favorite non-ocean dwelling animal?
2: Favorite RWBY character?
3: Who would you say is your best character in Smash Ultimate?

SharkLord

Smash Hero
1: Favorite non-ocean dwelling animal?
2: Favorite RWBY character?
3: Who would you say is your best character in Smash Ultimate?
  1. Dog
  2. Don't think I ever really settled on a favorite, though Velvet, Neo, Penny, and Ambrosius are up there.
  3. Pyra. I play casually and smack around low-level CPUs, so having a character who can mash people's faces in with a single forward smash helps a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom