• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Weekly AMA: Ramen Tengoku (Round 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku

This AMA's subject is the AMA thread runner and Rhythm Heaven fan, Ramen Tengoku!

Now this ain't Ramen's first AMA here as they were a subject twice before. I'd strongly recommend checking out Their initial AMA from 2019, along with their second one from 2020, just so we don't get a majority of repeat questions. However a good amount of time has passed from them and some answers may have changed, so at the same time, I wouldn't completely discourage repeats either.

As always, all site rules are in effect. Please try and limit yourself to one post containing up to three questions until Ramen Tengoku has answered, then you may ask more. And when asking questions, please keep it civil. Have fun! If you're curious about if you're on the list of future AMAs, refer to the Weekly AMA Directory. If you're not and you'd like to be added, please send me a message. Even if you've been a subject in the past, you're free to go again! We'll try to draw one name for an AMA each week, so stay tuned! And if you wanna check out some of the older AMAs, please refer to the Prior AMAs section in the AMA Directory

Alright, Ramen Tengoku, you ready?

I'll start:
  1. On a scale of 1-10, how satisfied are you with Ultimate’s set of newcomers?
  2. What are your favorite Pokémon from every generation?
  3. Waffles or Pancakes?

Last edited by a moderator:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
1. Favorite Rhythm Heaven levels?
2. What games are you currently anticipating the most?
3. Have you read any good books lately?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku

This AMA's subject is the AMA thread runner and Rhythm Heaven fan, Ramen Tengoku!

Now this ain't Ramen's first AMA here as they were a subject twice before. I'd strongly recommend checking out Their initial AMA from 2019, along with their second one from 2020, just so we don't get a majority of repeat questions. However a good amount of time has passed from them and some answers may have changed, so at the same time, I wouldn't completely discourage repeats either.

As always, all site rules are in effect. Please try and limit yourself to one post containing up to three questions until Ramen Tengoku has answered, then you may ask more. And when asking questions, please keep it civil. Have fun! If you're curious about if you're on the list of future AMAs, refer to the Weekly AMA Directory. If you're not and you'd like to be added, please send me a message. Even if you've been a subject in the past, you're free to go again! We'll try to draw one name for an AMA each week, so stay tuned! And if you wanna check out some of the older AMAs, please refer to the Prior AMAs section in the AMA Directory

Alright, Ramen Tengoku, you ready?

I'll start:
  1. On a scale of 1-10, how satisfied are you with Ultimate’s set of newcomers?
  2. What are your favorite Pokémon from every generation?
  3. Waffles or Pancakes?
Thanks again for setting this up, sneaky!
  1. 10 This game probably has my favorite batch of newcomers throughout the series. A little something for everyone here. Huge fan requests, new rising stars, quirky weird picks, and so on. I caught myself saying "there's no way they're gonna top this addition" only to eat my words when they had another internet breaking addition. Ended up having a lot of newcomers that ended up catering to me. Min Min, Byleth, Steve, and Sora in particular were pretty big wants for me, and characters like Terry and Pythra won me over thanks to their super fun movesets. Wasn't crazy about everyone, but they have their fans, and they for the most part earned their spot here. If this were the final smash game, I'd feel pretty satisfied with how the overall series roster has turned out. This truly is Super Smash Bros Ultimate
  2. Ninetales, Umbreon, Spinda, Arceus, Victini, Meowstic, Litten, and Wooloo
  3. French Toast. Waffles. They're really good when crispy and those little pockets come in handy.
1. Favorite Rhythm Heaven levels?
2. What games are you currently anticipating the most?
3. Have you read any good books lately?
  1. Tap Trial, Ringside, Love Rap, Sumo Bros. Fever Remixes 4, 8, and 9 and Lush Remix
  2. Not a lot tbh. Pokemon Scarlet and Violet, BOTW2, and Kingdom Hearts 4 are probably the big ones atm. Getting pretty intrigued by Street Fighter 6 too, but we'll see how that turns out.
  3. Ngl, not that much of a book guy. Been a while since I've read a book cover to cover.
1. Favorite Corrin's attack in Smash?
2. Favorite Nintendo franchise?
3. Favorite SEGA franchise?
  1. The pin. So versatile and a blast to pull off. Honorable mention to dat counter tho.
  2. Smash Bros. Honorable mentions to Pokemon, Super Mario, Zelda, and Rhythm Heaven
  3. I admittedly haven't played a lot of SEGA outside of Sonic, but I love the asthetic and atmosphere of a majority of their games. Jet Set Radio in particular is one I've heavily vibed with and I've been meaning to get around to trying it.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
4. Top five countries you'd like to visit someday?
5. What are some of your least favorite matchups in Smash?
6. Best Kingdom Hearts worlds?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
4. Top five countries you'd like to visit someday?
5. What are some of your least favorite matchups in Smash?
6. Best Kingdom Hearts worlds?
4. Japan, Italy, Greece, France, and Canada,
5. I'm honestly not sure. I haven't played enough with other actual people in a while to really get the gist of individual matchups and stuff, haha
6. Wonderland, II's Olympus, Beast's Castle, Port Royal, Deep Space, The Grid and San Fransokyo

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
4. Favorite Microsoft Franchise?
5. Favorite Sony Franchise?
6. Favorite Konami franchise?
4. Minecraft
5. Haven't played a lot .. but as a rhythm game nut, Parappa the Rapper's kinda on my bucket list. Really interested in Spider-Man too.
6. I'm not sure... Again, hven't played a lot tbh. Castlevania, Bomberman and Metal Gear are all probably eventual additions on my to-play list though. In terms of what I played, err... Frogger is cool if only for the original arcade game.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
7. What's your favorite ARMS combo in ARMS?
8. If you were legally allowed to own any animal as a pet, what would you choose?
9. Any quotes that live rent free in your head?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
7. What's your favorite ARMS combo in ARMS?
8. If you were legally allowed to own any animal as a pet, what would you choose?
9. Any quotes that live rent free in your head?
  1. Depends on the character, but for my main, Min Min I'd say the Triblast with Dragon still on the left
  2. An opossum.
  3. "A delayed game is eventually a game. A rushed game is forever a game" - Mr Video Game Creator
7. Favorite Capcom franchise?
8. Favorite Bandai Namco franchise?
9. Why do you like MinMin so much?
  1. Mega Man. Street Fighter is pretty great too from what little I've played
  2. Again, haven't played a lot, but I was pretty much raised on the classic namco arcade games like Galaga, Mappy, and Dig Dug. So maybe them.
  3. She's got a great creative design and fun spirited personality. Doesn't hurt she's pretty cute too, ngl

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
10. What lessons and experience, if any, have you picked up through your time as a moderator here?

11. If you were Sakurai and somebody held a gun up to your head and demanded that you add a character to Smash that doesn't originate from a video game, who would you choose?

12. Favorite video game controller?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
10. What lessons and experience, if any, have you picked up through your time as a moderator here?

11. If you were Sakurai and somebody held a gun up to your head and demanded that you add a character to Smash that doesn't originate from a video game, who would you choose?

12. Favorite video game controller?
10. I've learned how easy it is to accidentally delete an entire Social Thread. Uhhhh I've learned a lot about lenience and context. Just cuz some made a post with less than 10 char or mentions a taboo topic and the like doesn't automatically mean insta infraction. You kinda have to look at the context of it all first. it's been a hard needle to perfectly thread, but I've been trying my best to get a hang of it on top of learning from past blunders and such. I've only had this job for a little over a year in and I'd say I moderate quite differently compared to when I first started. This whole position's been kind of a learning process tbh.

11. Segata Sanshiro. Though if you mean like a full on fourth party, then I'm gonna say Darth Maul.

12. I think it's the Xbox One controller. Tight, comfortable, and very satisfying. Honorable mention to the GameCube controller. You can tell comfort and accessibility were key in Nintendo's mind when designing it

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
13. What direction do you expect the next Smash game to go in?
14. Top five cereals?
15. What is the circumference of a moose?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
10. Least favorite character?
11. Second favorite FE character?
12. Favorite CN show?
10. Uhhhhhh... I'm not sure... I'll try and get back on this one if I could think of one
11. Byleth
12. Ngl, never really watched a lot. Uhhhhhh... I caught a Johnny Bravo episode one time years ago and enjoyed it.
13. What direction do you expect the next Smash game to go in?
14. Top five cereals?
15. What is the circumference of a moose?
13. I'm expecting it to be kinda Brawl/4-esque. Youre typical Smash sequel with not everyone returning, but still a fairly beefy roster. I'd wager about 50 or so vertans and 10 - 13 newcomers, for a total roster of about 60.
14. Krave, Oreo O's, Crispix, Chocolate Toast Crunch, and Corn Flakes (yes, I enjoy the ""bland"" cereals too)
15. Same answer I gave last time I suppose?

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Alright, final set of questions from me:

16. How would you rank the Challenger Packs?
17. If you had to pick one classic Disney film to create a live action adaptation of, what would you choose?
18. You buying Xenoblade Chronicles 3? It will be available for the Nintendo Switch family of systems on July 29th!

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Alright, final set of questions from me:

16. How would you rank the Challenger Packs?
17. If you had to pick one classic Disney film to create a live action adaptation of, what would you choose?
18. You buying Xenoblade Chronicles 3? It will be available for the Nintendo Switch family of systems on July 29th!
16. This is counting everything including the character, stage, music, spirits, etc. hencewhy Min Min ain't automatically #1, lol. Also, some rankings my fluctuate a bit.

Terry > Joker > Sora > Kazuya > Steve > Min Min = Pythra > Sephiroth > Byleth > Hero > Banjo

17. The Black Cauldron. They should take the opportunity of their remakes to potentially improve on films that weren't the best the first go-around, and Black Cauldron is a prime cannidate imho. Thing could have the potential to be this sprawling epic. Actually, apparently Disney reacquired the film rights to the Chronicles of Prydain books (Which is what the film was based on), albiet way back in 2016, so it was at least probably on their mind at some point

18. Not at the moment, no. There's a lot of other games I'm more interested in atm that I'd rather prioritize.
13. Favorite Anime/Manga?
14. Favorite music genre?
15. Most wanted Nintendo retro character?
13. Is this where I mention I haven't really dabbled into anime or manga?

14. Uh... Idk... I listen to bit of a mix of EDM, Rock, Pop, and quite a lot of video game music. Honorable mention to Jazz.

15. Takamaru.
16. How much did you pay Strong Bad to become a moderator?
17. How much will you pay me to be the moderator of Smashboards Creates?
18. I doubt you like Min-Min, but I need to ask, do you like Min-Min?
16. My dignity, my soul, and 450 box tops

17. You know as well as I do that random obscure site moderator isn't a real paying job. Otherwise, I wouldn't have payed StrongBad so much.

18. This Min Min persona is a ploy. I'm actually a Ninjara fan... Totally... Absolutely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom