• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Weekly AMA: Noipoi (Round 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

Noipoi

This AMA's subject is a Social thread fav and a dang good artist, Noipoi!

Now this ain't Noipoi's first AMA here as they were a subject twice before. I'd strongly recommend checking out Noipoi's initial AMA from 2019, along with their second one from last year, just so we don't get a majority of repeat questions. However a good amount of time has passed from them and some answers may have changed, so at the same time, I wouldn't completely discourage repeats either.

As always, all site rules are in effect. Please try and limit yourself to one post containing up to three questions until Noipoi has answered, then you may ask more. And when asking questions, please keep it civil. Have fun! If you're curious about if you're on the list of future AMAs, refer to this post over in the Social thread. If you're not and you'd like to be added, please send me a message. Even if you've been a subject in the past, you're free to go again! We'll try to draw one name for an AMA each week, so stay tuned! And if you wanna check out some of the older AMAs, please refer to this post in the Social Thread

Alright, Noipoi Noipoi , let's get this party started

I'll start:
  1. On a scale of 1-10, how satisfied are you with Ultimate's set of newcomers?
  2. What your top 3 favorite regional variants/evolutions from PLA?
  3. Whati is your favorite piece of art you've drawn?

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
1. Excluding the finale, what scene in THE HEIST are you personally the most proud of?
2. How do you want the main series Pokemon games to be handled after Legends Arceus?
3. What's your favorite level in Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze?

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
1. What have been some characters that have inspired characters in your own projects?
2. Whaddaya think of the Cuphead Show so far?
3. Who's your favorite Nintendo characters?

Noipoi

Howdy!

Noipoi

This AMA's subject is a Social thread fav and a dang good artist, Noipoi!

Now this ain't Noipoi's first AMA here as they were a subject twice before. I'd strongly recommend checking out Noipoi's initial AMA from 2019, along with their second one from last year, just so we don't get a majority of repeat questions. However a good amount of time has passed from them and some answers may have changed, so at the same time, I wouldn't completely discourage repeats either.

As always, all site rules are in effect. Please try and limit yourself to one post containing up to three questions until Noipoi has answered, then you may ask more. And when asking questions, please keep it civil. Have fun! If you're curious about if you're on the list of future AMAs, refer to this post over in the Social thread. If you're not and you'd like to be added, please send me a message. Even if you've been a subject in the past, you're free to go again! We'll try to draw one name for an AMA each week, so stay tuned! And if you wanna check out some of the older AMAs, please refer to this post in the Social Thread

Alright, Noipoi Noipoi , let's get this party started

I'll start:
  1. On a scale of 1-10, how satisfied are you with Ultimate's set of newcomers?
  2. What your top 3 favorite regional variants/evolutions from PLA?
  3. Whati is your favorite piece of art you've drawn?
Howdy!

1: I’m gonna have to say 10. They really gave the fans what they wanted with this entry, and that’s something I can appreciate. Even the characters that I personally am not really into, I can appreciate the substance of their inclusion.

For the most part

Just a damn good roster. They’re gonna have a tough time topping it.

2. Goodra, Typhlosion, and Zoroark.

3. That’s a tricky one. As an artist, I become very disillusioned by my work very quickly. I pick up on the flaws, what I need to improve on my next piece. As such, it’s hard for me to look at an old piece fondly. I can’t say I have a favorite, but there are definitely pieces I find myself still enjoying. One being this doodle right here:
04EF0E28-ACEB-4549-B9D4-F544E009B5D1.jpg

I just think it turned out really cool.

1. Excluding the finale, what scene in THE HEIST are you personally the most proud of?
2. How do you want the main series Pokemon games to be handled after Legends Arceus?
3. What's your favorite level in Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze?
1. The scene where Lamp can’t hold the master sword is still one of my favorite jokes.

2. I want the open area concept to continue, perhaps a fully connected open world. I want seamless battles to return, as well as overworld Pokémon catching. Really, I just want a new gen game with breeding and competitive, but with legends gameplay.

And better graphics. Good lord.

3. Grassland Groove is radical.

Noipoi

Howdy!
1. What have been some characters that have inspired characters in your own projects?
2. Whaddaya think of the Cuphead Show so far?
3. Who's your favorite Nintendo characters?
1. Toothless from HTTYD, and Stitch from Lilo and Stitch continue to be massive inspirations to pretty much any character I design. At least in some form. The main protagonist of my pilot is basically an amalgamation of the two.

2. I think it’s zany friggin loony, which is pretty much what I like in a cartoon. Don’t get me wrong, I adore a more story focused or laid back cartoon. I don’t think cartoons should only be one way. But I dunno man, I gotta lot of respect for classic slapstick.

3. Not counting a favorite Pokémon…I’m very partial to Bowser. I think he’s awesome.

1. If you could redesign any Pokemon, what would it be?
2. What tools do you use to make art?
3. Funny non-sequitur question If you've traveled before, what's the best city you've been to?

:yoshi:
1. Rillaboom. And I’d make a very simple change.

How do you play the bongos? You pound them. What do gorillas do? They pound their chests.

I’d give the grass gorilla a wooden chest it could pound, instead of having it lug around a drum set everywhere.

2. I use Clip Studio Paint!

3. I love NYC. It’s crowded and smelly and I adore it.

Noipoi

Howdy!
4. What's a ****ty commercial from your childhood that's stuck with you over the years?
5. Favorite candy bar?
6. You have any shoe brand preferences?
1. The weird ass disresectoid Caprisun commercials. Kids would disrespect a pouch of Caprisun (As if an aluminum bag of flavored sewer water deserves respect) and they'd be given some form of awful karmic punishment as a result.

2. Kit-Kat

3. I don't care at all dude.

Which has landed me in some trouble when I go out wearing shoes that apparently aren't cool, and I get super dunked on.

Noipoi

Howdy!
1. Cats or Dogs?
2. Favorite food?
3. Least favorite Pokémon?
1. Dogs. I feel like I have to impress a cat, a dog will live me for my stupid self.
2. Vanilla Chocolate-Chip ice cream, specifically from this one store they’ve got in my area.
3. Dragon/Steel is such a cool typing.

Duraludon looks like an inhaler.

Origin Dialga and Hisuian Goodra picked up the slack.

Noipoi

Howdy!

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
7. You excited for Wii Sports Nintendo Switch, fam?
8. What tracks do you want to see the most in that new MK8D DLC, fam?
9. What should I ask you next, fam?

Noipoi

Howdy!

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
10. Where did you hide the bodies?
11. What now What was your favorite dungeon in Skyward Sword HD?
12. You're excited to get your hands on Xenoblade 3, yeah? I know I am.

Noipoi

Howdy!
10. Where did you hide the bodies?
11. What now What was your favorite dungeon in Skyward Sword HD?
12. You're excited to get your hands on Xenoblade 3, yeah? I know I am.
10. Interesting question! You see, I find the best hiding place for bodies to be-

Oh, excuse me. It seems someone’s knocking on my door…

11. I really like the Ancient Cistern.

12. Yeah man, I love Xenoblade. Can’t wait to see how Marth gets out of this one.

4. Favorite assist trophy?
5. Favorite smash game?
6. Do you like shrek?
4. Ratholos. Big ol dragon.
5. Ultimate of course.
6. Shrek 1 and 2 are amazing. 4 is is pretty good. There is no Shrek 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom