• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Weekly AMA: Noipoi (REDUX)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
1614054761234.png

Noipoi

This AMA's subject is the general social's kooky artist and Pokemon fanatic, Noipoi

Now this ain't Noipoi's first AMA here as they were a subject in the past. I'd strongly recommend checking out Noipoi's initial AMA from a good year and a half ago just so we don't get a majority of repeat questions. However a good amount of time has passed and some answers may have changed, so at the same time, I wouldn't completely discourage repeats either.

As always, all site rules are in effect. Please try and limit yourself to one post containing up to three questions until Noipoi has answered, then you may ask more. And when asking questions, please keep it civil. Have fun! If you're curious about if you're on the list of future AMAs, refer to this post over in the Social thread. If you're not and you'd like to be added, please send me a message. Even if you've been a subject in the past, you're free to go again! We'll try to draw one name for an AMA each week, so stay tuned! And if you wanna check out some of the older AMAs, please refer to this post in the Social Thread

Alright, Noipoi Noipoi , you ready?

I'll start:
  1. How did you get into Smash Bros. in the first place?
  2. What vegetable/animal/mineral would you most like to see as a Pokemon down the road?
  3. Thoughts on Pyra and Mythra?

Noipoi

Howdy!

This AMA's subject is the general social's kooky artist and Pokemon fanatic, Noipoi

Now this ain't Noipoi's first AMA here as they were a subject in the past. I'd strongly recommend checking out Noipoi's initial AMA from a good year and a half ago just so we don't get a majority of repeat questions. However a good amount of time has passed and some answers may have changed, so at the same time, I wouldn't completely discourage repeats either.

As always, all site rules are in effect. Please try and limit yourself to one post containing up to three questions until Noipoi has answered, then you may ask more. And when asking questions, please keep it civil. Have fun! If you're curious about if you're on the list of future AMAs, refer to this post over in the Social thread. If you're not and you'd like to be added, please send me a message. Even if you've been a subject in the past, you're free to go again! We'll try to draw one name for an AMA each week, so stay tuned! And if you wanna check out some of the older AMAs, please refer to this post in the Social Thread

Alright, Noipoi Noipoi , you ready?

I'll start:
  1. How did you get into Smash Bros. in the first place?
  2. What vegetable/animal/mineral would you most like to see as a Pokemon down the road?
  3. Thoughts on Pyra and Mythra?
Alright, let’s get this party started.

1. My best friend had a copy of Smash 3DS, and convinced me to get the Wii U version so we could play at my place. That was the summer we became Smash fans...

2. I want a Dragon/Fairy Kirin. Or a Dragon/Grass Dragon Fruit Pokémon. Either one would be rad!

3. Xenoblade deserved another character, and I’m happy for the Xenoblade dweebs...

But good lord do they not do it for me.

Though to be fair, their moveset could be fun. And I’m loving the Kazooie vs Mythra memes.

All in all, they’re not my thing, but whaddaya gonna do?

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
1. You ever plan on opening commissions up? You could seriously be makin' some money off of your art.
2. Who are some of your favorite YouTubers? Doesn't have to be gaming related.
3. What's your favorite voice over performance? A voice over related question was inevitable.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
1. Favorite How to Train Your Dragon film?
2. Have you seen any of the MonsterVerse films?
3. Any countries you've visited?

Noipoi

Howdy!
1. You ever plan on opening commissions up? You could seriously be makin' some money off of your art.
2. Who are some of your favorite YouTubers? Doesn't have to be gaming related.
3. What's your favorite voice over performance? A voice over related question was inevitable.
1. I’ve never felt comfortable doing commissions until I was satisfied with my art. I now realize I’ll probably never be satisfied with my art, but I’d still like to wait until I’m a little better. I want the people to be paying for a product worth paying for.

2. Chuggaaconroy has been a part of my life for a decade at this point. He’s funny in a non-overkill sort of way, he’s informative, he sparked my love of bad puns, love the guy.

I know they’re love em or hate em, but I do enjoy the Game Grumps. Arin missing tutorials and then blaming the game is stupid, but I can’t bring myself to hate the guy. He’s so enthusiastic about everything he does, and his rage moments are iconic. I truly respect Dan though, it wouldn’t be outta the question to call him my main male role model, at least when I was younger. He’s such a kind, gentle man. If I become half the man he is I’ll be more than proud.

And lastly I’ll bring up The Geek Critique (which you should look up immediately) he’s a smaller channel but his style of videos is awesome! The way he obsesses over the things he loves is identical to mine, even if we like different things. That’s why I find him so compelling, it’s like we’re the same person born in different pop culture eras or something.

3. I really like Rob Paulson as Yakko. I dunno if it’s my favorite, but I really like it.

1. Favorite How to Train Your Dragon film?
2. Have you seen any of the MonsterVerse films?
3. Any countries you've visited?
1. The first. For nostalgic purposes, and because I think it’s the most solid of the three. Everything that’s introduced comes back around, it’s a really tight experience. The second and third are about on par quality wise, with them doing different things right and wrong IMO.

2. I’ve seen King of Monsters (2019) and thought it was good. The monster fights were rad, I need less humans. Looking forward to Kong vs Goji.

3. I’ve never left the country. Cuz I’m broke as hell :p

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

1) what’s your favorite food?

2) what’s your favorite hobby?

3) do you play any card games :4pacman:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
1. Have you ever watched Milo Murphy's Law?

2. What's your favorite pokemon from Gen 5?

3. How far over yonder will you wander?

Noipoi

Howdy!
1. Have you ever watched Milo Murphy's Law?

2. What's your favorite pokemon from Gen 5?

3. How far over yonder will you wander?
1. I’ve yet to. I honestly don’t hear that much about it, even though I lurk in animation circles.

2. Krookodile baybee

3. As far as my silly hat will take me.

Noipoi

Howdy!
1. So you are an artist? What work has made you most proud?
2. What do you think of an open-world, three-dimensional Smash Bros.?
3. Have you ever gone skiing?
1. As an artist, I’m always improving. Or at least I like to think I am. So whatever recent work I’m proud of will fall under harsher and harsher scrutiny as time goes on. But recently, I really like this piece.
754CFC7D-642E-4052-88BE-061FA8FC08FD.png

2. I think it’s an interesting concept. Not really sure how open world would mix with smash, though.

3. Never been skiing., though I’d like to one day.

Last edited:

KillerCage

Smash Master
4) Favorite anime?

5) Favorite moon in our solar system excluding our own?

6) Are you a Beefuru muncher? :4pacman:

Noipoi

Howdy!
1. What are your top favorite Pokemon?
2. What are your hopes for the rest of FP2?
3. What is your favorite chocolate?
1. Noivern’s my all time favorite. I also love Poipole, Dragapult, Gardevoir, Krookodile, Lapras, Garchomp, and Ampharos.
2. Crash Bandicoot would be awesome, and I wouldn’t mind Monster Hunter either.
3. Milk Chocolate.

4) Favorite anime?

5) Favorite moon in our solar system excluding our own?

6) Are you a Beefuru muncher? :4pacman:
1. Panty and Stocking.
2. Io’s got a funny name.
3. I don’t think so, no.

KillerCage

Smash Master
7) Favorite Smash DLC character so far?

8) Favorite prehistoric animal?

9) Are you Speed Racer's brother Rex Racer? :4pacman:

Noipoi

Howdy!
7) Favorite Smash DLC character so far?

8) Favorite prehistoric animal?

9) Are you Speed Racer's brother Rex Racer? :4pacman:
7. Banjo & Kazooie baybee! They’re so rad!

8. The Woolly Mammoth.

9. I don’t think so, no.

1. How can I be as cool as you?
2. Have you read any good books lately?
3. What are some of your favorite video game tracks of all time?
1. Be excellent to others, and to yourself. That’s the way to start.

2. I dunno how good I’d call it, but I think The Good Earth is a fascinating period piece.

3. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze has some of the best music in any video game. Period. Though of course I also have to mention Undertale.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
4. How would you rank the Pokemon generations?
5. What's your favorite DreamWorks film that isn't HTTYD?
6. If you could only recommend me one game to play right now, what would it be?

Noipoi

Howdy!
4. How would you rank the Pokemon generations?
5. What's your favorite DreamWorks film that isn't HTTYD?
6. If you could only recommend me one game to play right now, what would it be?
Gen 5
Gen 4
Gen 7
Gen 6
Gen 8 (This could change if the next game is pretty good)
Gen 3
Gen 2
Gen 1

5. The Kung Fu Panda movies are incredible!

6. If you’re into Platformers, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze is an awesome game that was sadly overlooked on the Wii U.

KillerCage

Smash Master
10) Favorite Twitch streamer?

11) Favorite live-action films?

12) Would you buy Big the Cat's book? :4pacman:

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
1Three stooges walk into a bar if one stooge gets hit by the other stooge what zany action is happening to the left over stooge

2 please show your work on the test of life

3 a and b are traveling A is trying to get from point B to point A where B happens to be residing B is trying to get to point C where D is to get away from A Knowing all this information at what point should b get a restraining order?

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
7. How many different gaming consoles do you own?
8. Do you know how to cook?
9. What's the circumference of a moose?

Noipoi

Howdy!
1Three stooges walk into a bar if one stooge gets hit by the other stooge what zany action is happening to the left over stooge

2 please show your work on the test of life

3 a and b are traveling A is trying to get from point B to point A where B happens to be residing B is trying to get to point C where D is to get away from A Knowing all this information at what point should b get a restraining order?
1. Probably something involving a pie.
2. Spend 19 years doing basically nothing because the elders say so, realize that life could be so much more, global pandemic hits before you can do anything, spend the next year doing basically nothing.
3. Immediately

7. How many different gaming consoles do you own?
8. Do you know how to cook?
9. What's the circumference of a moose?
1. My main console is my switch. I’ve got my old 3DS, and my old Xbox 360. Been thinking about getting a PS5 but I’m gonna wait for a price drop.
2. I love cooking! I think Baked Macaroni is my best dish, but I’m trying to learn how to make fried chicken.
6C96FABE-1777-4127-BF18-E50525A2B367.jpeg

I’d ask him, but I don’t think I’d live to tell the tale.

Noipoi

Howdy!
13) Favorite web show?

14) Favorite music genre?

15) Why are there six pedals when there are only four directions? :4pacman:
13. I like the Game Grumps, even though they’re morons. They’re my morons.
14. Pop, Soul, Ska, Orchestral.
15. It’s a conspiracy!

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
1. Ya ever had green tea?

2. What are your preferred tools for digital art (tablets, programs, etc)?

3. Woomy?
1. I believe so, but it’s been a while. I remember enjoying it though.
2. I have a Wacom Cintiq tablet, and my program of choice is clip studio paint. It’s pretty good at illustration, and once I figure out animation I think it’ll be good at that too.
6B7CD7C3-8047-4730-A682-A24FB51A57FA.jpeg

veemo

KillerCage

Smash Master
16) What is the most exotic food you have eaten?

17) What is the worst game you have beaten?

18) Who's your favorite Steve in Smash: Minecraft Steve, Steve the Piranha Plant, or Steve the Red Pikmin? :4pacman:

Noipoi

Howdy!
16) What is the most exotic food you have eaten?

17) What is the worst game you have beaten?

18) Who's your favorite Steve in Smash: Minecraft Steve, Steve the Piranha Plant, or Steve the Red Pikmin? :4pacman:
16. Pizza’s Italian, ain’t it?
17. I don’t play bad games, waste of money in my opinion.
18. Steve Kirby
D32179CB-C0C6-4590-99C7-CCC53F7B149F.jpeg

KillerCage

Smash Master
22) What series did you start playing through Smash?

23) Favorite moveset from BrawlFan1?

24) Would you kill Ryu Hayabusa with kindness... and bullets? :4pacman:

Noipoi

Howdy!
22) What series did you start playing through Smash?

23) Favorite moveset from BrawlFan1?

24) Would you kill Ryu Hayabusa with kindness... and bullets? :4pacman:
22. Donkey Kong Country, Fire Emblem.
Maybe Xenoblade.
23. I think his Maxwell moveset is very interesting.
24. Kill em with kindness.

Shroob

Sup?
1) What was the one thing that got you most into art?

2) What would you consider your style as? And how long did it take you to perfect it?

3) Any one artist/series you look up to as a sort of inspiration?

Noipoi

Howdy!
1) What was the one thing that got you most into art?

2) What would you consider your style as? And how long did it take you to perfect it?

3) Any one artist/series you look up to as a sort of inspiration?
1. Watching cartoons of course. But aside from that, I’ve always had the desire to tell stories through art and animation, and I drew as a way to represent my characters and get my stories out there. My end goal is to create animated series’.

2. If I had to give it a name it’d be “early 2000s Cartoon Network”. That’s what I grew up with, it’s what I enjoy, and it’s what I try to implement in my art. As for perfecting it, it’s not perfect! I’m always improving. Whenever the style shifts or changes it’s usually because I saw someone draw something cool, I wanted to try it out, and certain design choices stuck.

3. Craig McCracken and Genndy Tartakovsky are my main inspirations. The way they design characters has been hugely influential to me. If I had to compare it to anything, it’d be them. Though of course they’re far superior to me. Rebecca Sugar and Daron Nefcy, and the general art style of Clone High are also inspirations.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom