• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Weekly AMA: Lamperouge (REDUX)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
1599361867591.png
Lamperouge

This AMA's subject is an Aegis Blade and overall lounger, Lamperouge!

Now this ain't Lamperouge's first AMA here as they were a subject in the past. I'd strongly recommend checking out Lamperouge's initial AMA from last year just so we don't get a majority of repeat questions. However a good amount of time has passed and some answers may have changed, so at the same time, I wouldn't completely discourage repeats either.

As always, all site rules are in effect. Please try and limit yourself to one post containing up to three questions until Lamperouge has answered, then you may ask more. And when asking questions, please keep it civil. Have fun! If you're curious about if you're on the list of future AMAs, refer to this post over in the Social thread. If you're not and you'd like to be added, please send me a message. Even if you've been a subject in the past, you're free to go again! We'll try to draw one name for an AMA each week, so stay tuned! And if you wanna check out some of the older AMAs, please refer to this post in the Social Thread

Alright, Lamperouge Lamperouge , you ready?

I'll start:
  1. What are your overall predictions for the rest of Fighters Pass Vol 2?
  2. How did you get into Smash in the first place?
  3. From a scale of 1-10 how lamp are you?

D

Deleted member

1. If you could recommend me any game right now, what game would it be?
2. What is your favorite subject?
3. Do you like reading books?

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I'll start:
  1. What are your overall predictions for the rest of Fighters Pass Vol 2?
  2. How did you get into Smash in the first place?
  3. From a scale of 1-10 how lamp are you?
1. Hm...that's a tough one, especially seeing how unpredictable some of the last choices have been. I guess if I had to take a guess, it'd probably look a bit like:
  • Min Min
  • Geno
  • Bravely Default
  • Ryu Hayabusa
  • New Pokemon
  • Dante
2. My dad brought home Melee one day for our brand new GameCube and I spent hours messing around in stock battles with my brothers and testing out all of the characters. I instantly fell in love with the gameplay and how I could pit my favorite Nintendo characters against each other (I was especially thrilled that both Kirby and Samus were in at the time), and I've been a huge fan ever since. Brawl further cemented my passion for the series and remains my most played entry by quite the considerable margin (2,000+ hours...yikes).

3. Well, the name "Lamperouge" is of French origin and roughly translates to "red lamp", so I guess I'll be a bit generous and say...ehh, 6/10.

1. If you could recommend me any game right now, what game would it be?
2. What is your favorite subject?
3. Do you like reading books?
1. Depends on what game genre interests you.

If you like platformers, I'd easily recommend Sonic Mania.
RPGs? Check out the Bravely series.
Fighting games? Guilty Gear XX on Switch is a fun time.

2. I've always been pretty interested in history. Nice to have a little knowledge about events that transpired in the past and how they shaped the world we live in today, y'know?

3. Yeah, but I've fallen out of it a bit these past few years.

I should probably pick up some more books soon.

Last edited:

KillerCage

Smash Master
My first set of questions:

1) What are some of your favorite RPGs excluding the Xenoblades games?

2) Do you watch Let's Players like Chuggaaconroy and if so, who are your favorites?

3) Do you watch Overly Sarcastic Productions considering that history is a major subject for them?

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
My first set of questions:

1) What are some of your favorite RPGs excluding the Xenoblades games?

2) Do you watch Let's Players like Chuggaaconroy and if so, who are your favorites?

3) Do you watch Overly Sarcastic Productions considering that history is a major subject for them?
1. In no particular order:
  • Chrono Trigger
  • Secret of Mana
  • Bravely series
  • Final Fantasy VII
  • Fire Emblem Three Houses
  • Persona 5 Royal
  • Mega Man X Command Mission (this is a bit of a guilty pleasure)
  • Super Mario RPG
  • Paper Mario
  • Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
  • Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga
  • Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
2. Mostly just ClementJ64, Markiplier, and the Super Gaming Bros, but I've also seen some snippets of Chuggaaconroy after hearing about him from you guys. Pretty interested to see what his next project is supposed to be given that he's hyping up the size of it.

3. I haven't.

Maybe I'll check out a few of their videos.

Last edited:

KillerCage

Smash Master
4) What are some of your favorite Indie games?

5) Do you watch Death Battle and if so, which matchups are your favorites?

6) What is the most underrated game you have played and recommend to others?

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Finally I get to ask these questions.

1. What does your username mean? I'm curious.

2. 5 Countries you'd want to visit?

3. Favourite anime?

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
4) What are some of your favorite Indie games?

5) Do you watch Death Battle and if so, which matchups are your favorites?

6) What is the most underrated game you have played and recommend to others?
1. I'm a big fan of the Azure Striker Gunvolt and Shantae series. Shovel Knight, Bloodstained (both CotM and RotN), Cave Story+, Hollow Knight, and Freedom Planet are all extremely good too.

2. I've seen quite a few but I'm not a particularly huge follower of them.

My favorites are probably Yang VS Tifa, Link VS Cloud, Goku VS Superman, and Dante VS Bayonetta.

3. Go play Okami, it's good. 👌

Finally I get to ask these questions.

1. What does your username mean? I'm curious.

2. 5 Countries you'd want to visit?

3. Favourite anime?
1. It's the last name/alias that the protagonist of Code Geass, Lelouch vi Brittania uses while he's enrolled at Ashford Academy. Real creative, I know. :p

And like I said in my first post, it's also of French origin and roughly translates to "red lamp".

2. Obviously Japan...if my love for their work wasn't evident enough already, but I also wouldn't mind visiting Italy, Costa Rica, England, and the Netherlands.

3. I'll do you one better and give you my top five.
  1. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
  2. Cowboy Bebop
  3. Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion
  4. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
  5. Death Note
I'm admittedly more of a casual viewer so apologies if my list plays it pretty safe, but I also enjoy Panty & Stocking, Kill la Kill, Bakemonogatari, and Casshern Sins.

Dutch Raikuna

2. Obviously Japan...if my love for their work wasn't evident enough already, but I also wouldn't mind visiting Italy, Costa Rica, England, and the Netherlands.
3. I'll do you one better and give you my top five.
  1. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
  2. Cowboy Bebop
  3. Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion
  4. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
  5. Death Note
I'm admittedly more of a casual viewer so apologies if my list plays it pretty safe, but I also enjoy Panty & Stocking, Kill la Kill, Bakemonogatari, and Casshern Sins.
As someone who has been to three of those countries you mentioned, good choices. Italy was nice especially San Marino and Tuscany, England/Wales is a second home to me and the Netherlands while there for a day was nice. I too hope to go to Japan like the rest of you guys but have a long way to go, few years.

Also your anime tastes. I have not watched any of them and my tastes lean towards Slice of Life or Isekai. Kinda disgraceful that I've watched about 30-40 anime and still no Cowboy Bebop or Death Note. Still you'll probably influence me to watch them.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Also your anime tastes. I have not watched any of them and my tastes lean towards Slice of Life or Isekai. Kinda disgraceful that I've watched about 30-40 anime and still no Cowboy Bebop or Death Note. Still you'll probably influence me to watch them.
I'd definitely give the edge to Bebop if you're seriously considering watching one of them. Fantastic characters backed by incredible performances from the dub, sublime art and animation that still manages to put a bunch of modern anime to shame, and a soundtrack that you'll most likely be hooked on for months after finishing the show.

D

Deleted member

1. Favorite character in Xenoblade Chronicles 2?

2. Blue Lions, Golden Deer, or Black Eagles?

3. Name a boss in a video game that you loved or love fighting.

D

Deleted member

do you play any card games :039:

1) Favorite Food?

2)Favorite game?

3) What’s one place you want to go to someday?

Dutch Raikuna

OK I did the question roulette out of boredom.

1. What led you to Smashboards in the first place?

2. What state are you from?

3. What's an anime you would want to watch but can't for say genre, pacing, too much fanservice etc?

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Too late. I already played that masterpiece! Speaking of which:

7) Favorite Okami Boss?

8) Favorite Okami character?

9) Have you played Okamiden?
7. Yami, because it's so unlike everything else in the game and the music for each phase is perfect (ESPECIALLY the third phase, hot damn).

8. Susano.

I'm a bit of a sucker for his archetype and he does eventually man up and offer some great assistance during the battle with Orochi. Waka was also pretty cool for his boss battles and the mystery surrounding him.

9. I played a demo of it from the old Nintendo Channel on the Wii.

1. Favorite character in Xenoblade Chronicles 2?

2. Blue Lions, Golden Deer, or Black Eagles?

3. Name a boss in a video game that you loved or love fighting.
1. Excluding Mythra (because that's too obvious), I really enjoy Zeke. The game tricks you into thinking he's nothing but a huge dork for a while and then you find out he's pretty badass and actually holds a fair amount of wisdom.

2. Hm, this is difficult to decide since I adore both the Golden Deer and Blue Lions (still need to finish BE), but I think I'll give the slight edge to the latter because I loved Dimitri's character arc.

3. Lingering Will from Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix.

I've been on record before saying that I absolutely loathe Kingdom Hearts but KH2 is actually pretty fun, and LW was such an exhilarating boss fight that really tests your parry skills and how to effectively manage your magic.

1. Got any YouTubers you watch? Who are some of your favs?
Videogamedunkey, Scott the Woz, Jontron, Cinnemassacre, SomecallmeJohnny, Maximillian Dood, Mark Dice, Cherdleys, Jeremy Jahns, Chris Stuckmann, Markiplier, Totally Not Mark, penguinz0, just to name a few.

do you play any card games :039:

1) Favorite Food?

2)Favorite game?

3) What’s one place you want to go to someday?
no, but I have a pretty sizeable amount of Yugioh and Dragon Ball Z trading cards

1. Spaghetti is love, spaghetti is life.

2. What, I haven't made it abundantly clear already that I absolutely love Xenoblade Chronicles? Because I do. It's great. :p

3. This will probably blow some minds but I'd like to go to Disneyland at least once before I die.

OK I did the question roulette out of boredom.

1. What led you to Smashboards in the first place?

2. What state are you from?

3. What's an anime you would want to watch but can't for say genre, pacing, too much fanservice etc?
1. The September 2018 Direct was just around the corner and I was excited to start showing my support for some of my most wanted like Rex and Shantae. I didn't really use the site all too much until the middle of 2019 though, and that's when I started chilling with you guys in Social. Definitely don't regret it since you're all great blokes and manage to cheer me up when I need it.

2. Virginia.

3. I really wanted to like Darling in the Franx and give it a fair shot, but the robot designs and how the pilots operate them looks incredibly dumb and pervy.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

1. You like history, right? What kind of history do you like to learn about?

2. If you could change any character's move-set in Smash, who would that character be?

Edit: I like your avatar. I found the source. Here is the new question 3.

3. What jokes do you find funny?

Last edited by a moderator:

KillerCage

Smash Master
10) Do you have a game clearing list and if so, what have you beaten for the first time this year?

11) What is your favorite prehistoric animal?

12) Will you buy Big the Cat's book?:4pacman:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
1. How weeby would you say you are?
2. You asked this in my AMA, so I thought I'd return the favor. What are your favorite rare blades?
3. Milk or soda?

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
1. You like history, right? What kind of history do you like to learn about?

2. If you could change any character's move-set in Smash, who would that character be?

Edit: I like your avatar. I found the source. Here is the new question 3.

3. What jokes do you find funny?
1. Architectural history is pretty fascinating. I like learning about how civilization has evolved throughout the years and seeing people discover old landmarks and the stories behind them.

2. Probably Sonic because he's pretty god damn boring as he currently is lol.

I'd incorporate a few techniques from the Adventure games like the Lightspeed Dash and the Bounce Bracelet, and maybe find a way for him to use the elemental shields from the classic series.

3. Dry, sarcastic humor if it's delivered well.

10) Do you have a game clearing list and if so, what have you beaten for the first time this year?

11) What is your favorite prehistoric animal?

12) Will you buy Big the Cat's book?:4pacman:
10. I have a pretty extensive gaming backlog that I've been doing a rather poor job of tidying up, but hey, I finally beat Resident Evil 4 for the first time about a month ago.

11. Liopleurodon.

12. Yes, and I'll preach its contents for years to come.

1. How weeby would you say you are?
2. You asked this in my AMA, so I thought I'd return the favor. What are your favorite rare blades?
3. Milk or soda?
1. Well, I'm a fan of XC2 so most would argue that I'm sitting in "maximum weeb" territory by default.

Jokes aside, I'd say...ehhhh, 6/10 on the scale since I do tend to prefer eastern games and animation, but I'm not weeb enough to splurge on waifu figurines and body pillows, nor am I obsessed with Japanese culture.

2. Zenobia, Dagas, Praxis & Theory, Kassandra, and Borea are all great.

I also have a soft spot for Perun since she was designed by the artist for Code Geass and is voiced by one of the main actresses in JPN.

3. Milk, but I'm much more into coffee and water when I need a drink.

Last edited:

KillerCage

Smash Master
13) Did you ever watch Mythbusters?

14) Which XB2 character you wished was a permanent party member excluding Vandum?

15) Are you Speed Racer's brother? :4pacman:

D

Deleted member

The ocean is a terrifying yet fascinating place.

Anyways...

1. If you could visit any planet in the Solar System that isn't Earth, what would it be? Let's say you wore some protective suit that protected you from all of the dangers.

2. History is fun to learn about. Do you have a historical role-model?

3. What music do you love to listen to?

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
13) Did you ever watch Mythbusters?

14) Which XB2 character you wished was a permanent party member excluding Vandum?

15) Are you Speed Racer's brother? :4pacman:
13. I haven't.

14. A part of me wished that Jin ended up becoming a permanent party member with a much more fleshed out moveset due to his inability to bond with Blades.

Damn, my secret's out now.

The ocean is a terrifying yet fascinating place.

Anyways...

1. If you could visit any planet in the Solar System that isn't Earth, what would it be? Let's say you wore some protective suit that protected you from all of the dangers.

2. History is fun to learn about. Do you have a historical role-model?

3. What music do you love to listen to?
1. Saturn, I guess.

The rings are pretty alluring.

2. Albert Einstein for creating the theory of relativity and helping shape modern physics as we know it.

3. Jazz, rock and roll, metal, acapella, disco, hip hop; I'm down with a lot of different stuff really. Oh, and I really enjoy video game music.

A few of my favorite artists include Daughtry, Fall Out Boy, Panic at the Disco, Disturbed, Dragonforce, Metallica, and the Bee Gees.

KillerCage

Smash Master
16) Do you watch on Twitch and if so, which streamers do you like to watch?

17) What game consoles do you have including handhelds?

18) What would you buy from Waluigi's bridal boutique? :4pacman:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
16) Do you watch on Twitch and if so, which streamers do you like to watch?

17) What game consoles do you have including handhelds?

18) What would you buy from Waluigi's bridal boutique? :4pacman:
16. Pokemane

I watch Maximilian Dood and the occasional Street Fighter 5 and Smash Ultimate tournament on there.

17. Let's see...
  • Super Nintendo
  • GameCube
  • Wii
  • Nintendo Switch
  • Game Boy Color
  • Game Boy Advance
  • Game Boy Advance SP
  • Nintendo DS Lite
  • New Nintendo 3DS XL
  • PlayStation 3
  • PlayStation 4
  • PlayStation Portable
  • PlayStation Vita
I also own a few plug and play consoles for Atari and SNK like the Atari Flashback and the Neo Geo Arcade Mini Pro.

18. A really dapper purple and black tuxedo.

KillerCage

Smash Master
19) What's your favorite video game genre excluding RPGs?

20) What moon in our solar system would you like to visit excluding our own?

21) Do you watch Red vs Blue and if so what are your favorite seasons?

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
19) What's your favorite video game genre excluding RPGs?

20) What moon in our solar system would you like to visit excluding our own?

21) Do you watch Red vs Blue and if so what are your favorite seasons?
19. Platformers and fighting games.

Sonic, Mario, and Mega Man were my religion while growing up. For fighting games, I'm an avid fan of Street Fighter and I'm trying to pick up Guilty Gear, Dragon Ball FighterZ, and UNIST. Oh, and I'm also among the people who do count Smash Bros as a fighting game.

20. Ganymede, mostly because of its size.

21. The only Rooster Teeth production I've seen is RWBY and I have one volume under my belt for that.

KillerCage

Smash Master
22) Who is your favorite Megaman character?

23) Favorite Megaman series? Classic? X? Battle Network?

24) Will you give Wesker an egg? :4pacman:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
22) Who is your favorite Megaman character?

23) Favorite Megaman series? Classic? X? Battle Network?

24) Will you give Wesker an egg? :4pacman:
22. Zero.

His repertoire of moves and reliance on close quarter combat usually makes him a lot more fun to play than X for me, and I loved his heroic sacrifice in the Mega Man Zero series.

23. I haven't played much of Battle Network beyond the first game and Network Transmission - the latter of which I actually really enjoy despite its mixed reception - and I haven't touched Legends or Star Force, but my ranking for the more traditional series would probably look like this: Zero > Classic > ZX > X (the first four games are all good but it tanked hard in quality after that IMO)

yes

Dutch Raikuna

KillerCage KillerCage making me run out of questions to ask already. I have a friendly rival!

OK let's see what else could I ask?

1. What parts of Japan would you want to visit?

2. Favourite Western RPGs? Thought I'd ask it since I'm on a break from playing The Outer Worlds.

3. Would you consider a donation to the church of Holo or Noire, as a follower of the church of the Aegis?
You'd be surprised how much it takes to say it without being embarrassed.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
KillerCage KillerCage making me run out of questions to ask already. I have a friendly rival!

OK let's see what else could I ask?

1. What parts of Japan would you want to visit?

2. Favourite Western RPGs? Thought I'd ask it since I'm on a break from playing The Outer Worlds.

3. Would you consider a donation to the church of Holo or Noire, as a follower of the church of the Aegis?
You'd be surprised how much it takes to say it without being embarrassed.
1. Shinjuku, Shinagawa, Yokohama, Tokyo; they all look nice and seem to offer plenty of activities.

2. I enjoy a bit of Fallout and Elder Scrolls here and there. Funny you mention The Outer Worlds since I've still got a sealed copy that I really need to get around to booting up.

3. Sure, but it's not going to be monetary.
IMG_20200907_172800.jpg

Dutch Raikuna

1. Shinjuku, Shinagawa, Yokohama, Tokyo; they all look nice and seem to offer plenty of activities.

2. I enjoy a bit of Fallout and Elder Scrolls here and there. Funny you mention The Outer Worlds since I've still got a sealed copy that I really need to get around to booting up.

3. Sure, but it's not going to be monetary.
View attachment 284894
1. Most of Tokyo, Hakodate, a lot of the Sea of Japan coast. There's a lot of places. Of course Akihabara and Shibuya, maybe climb up a mountain as well.

2. Play it when you get to it. I could never get into Elder Scrolls or Fallout but The Outer Worlds has impressed me more than most. The writing has really impressed me so much and the combat is a Fallout lite. One of the best £30 ($40) I've spent my money on the past year.

3. Done. Your donation is appreciated.

KillerCage

Smash Master
25) Favorite Sonic game excluding 1 ,2, 3, Knuckles, CD, and Mania?

26) Favorite Sonic character?

27) What killed the Ice Age? :4pacman:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
25) Favorite Sonic game excluding 1 ,2, 3, Knuckles, CD, and Mania?

26) Favorite Sonic character?

27) What killed the Ice Age? :4pacman:
25. Sonic Generations.

The Classic Sonic levels, while not 1:1 with the Genesis games in terms of physics, are still extremely well thought and fun to play, and I think the boost formula for Modern Sonic was perfected here since most levels offer a decent amount of 3D platforming and exploration alongside the thrilling speeds that he's known for.

26. Blaze the Cat; I really like her design, her usage of pyrokinesis, and how she's a badass princess that actually does her job. Her game of origin is extremely good, too.

27. Collision Course. :4pacman:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Never thought it like that, but it's true.
Also last set of questions:

28) Favorite Freedom Planet stage/boss?

29) Favorite Super Mario boss?

30) Will you let Agent G play his &@(#!=9 music? :4pacman:
28. I haven't finished the game yet but Dragon Valley and Fortune Night are really fun. Might give an update on this one when I've finally completed it.

29. Bowser from Galaxy 2 and Dark Bowser/Fawful from Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story. Both kill it with the stakes/scope and the music is pretty killer, although the former is admittedly quite easy.

I also have a soft spot for Wart and wish that he'd show up more often.

30. Agent G from House of the Dead? Yeah, I can get down with country music every now and then.

what is your opinion on amingo
Funny cactus man needs to make his comeback real soon...but in a good MvC game pls.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
If you could choose any video game to adapt into a movie, which one would you choose?

Any actors in particular you'd want to star in it and/or director(s) you'd like to see helm it?

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
If you could choose any video game to adapt into a movie, which one would you choose?

Any actors in particular you'd want to star in it and/or director(s) you'd like to see helm it?
It's still the dream to see a live action Dead Space movie directed by either John Carpenter or Ridley Scott.

Gunner Wright could reprise his role as Isaac Clarke since he's dabbled in film and provides the mocap and likeness for the character already, but in the event that they wanted to cast someone with a bit more experience and star power, I'd go with either Jake Gyllenhaal or Ryan Gosling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom