• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Weekly AMA: KingofPhantoms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
1619572194070.png

KingofPhantoms

This AMA's subject is the ruler of ghostly beings, KingofPhantoms!

Now this ain't KingofPhantoms' first AMA here as they were a subject in the past. I'd strongly recommend checking out KingofPhantoms' initial AMA from over a year ago just so we don't get a majority of repeat questions. However a good amount of time has passed and some answers may have changed, so at the same time, I wouldn't completely discourage repeats either.

As always, all site rules are in effect. Please try and limit yourself to one post containing up to three questions until KingofPhantoms has answered, then you may ask more. And when asking questions, please keep it civil. Have fun! If you're curious about if you're on the list of future AMAs, refer to this post over in the Social thread. If you're not and you'd like to be added, please send me a message. Even if you've been a subject in the past, you're free to go again! We'll try to draw one name for an AMA each week, so stay tuned! And if you wanna check out some of the older AMAs, please refer to this post in the Social Thread

Alright, KingofPhantoms KingofPhantoms , you ready?

I'll start:
  1. How did you get into Smash Bros. in the first place?
  2. What are your overall predictions for the last two characters of Fighters Pass Vol 2?
  3. Waffles or Pancakes?

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Hey there

1. Favorite owl house episode?(No spoilers tho)
2. Your least favorite pastime?
3. You are tasked with creating an animated series. What’s the plot?

KillerCage

Smash Master
THE ZEKENATOR IS HERE!

1) Favorite film genre?

2) Favorite prehistoric animal?

3) Would you give Wesker an egg? :4pacman:

Last edited:

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
1. What is the most annoying K.O. set-up in Smash Bros.?

2. If there is an exception to every rule, does there exist an exception to this one?

3. Which of these is a better end between the happiness of a group and the solution of an individual's problems if you could help one or the other, but not both?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
View attachment 313002
KingofPhantoms

This AMA's subject is the ruler of ghostly beings, KingofPhantoms!

Now this ain't KingofPhantoms' first AMA here as they were a subject in the past. I'd strongly recommend checking out KingofPhantoms' initial AMA from over a year ago just so we don't get a majority of repeat questions. However a good amount of time has passed and some answers may have changed, so at the same time, I wouldn't completely discourage repeats either.

As always, all site rules are in effect. Please try and limit yourself to one post containing up to three questions until KingofPhantoms has answered, then you may ask more. And when asking questions, please keep it civil. Have fun! If you're curious about if you're on the list of future AMAs, refer to this post over in the Social thread. If you're not and you'd like to be added, please send me a message. Even if you've been a subject in the past, you're free to go again! We'll try to draw one name for an AMA each week, so stay tuned! And if you wanna check out some of the older AMAs, please refer to this post in the Social Thread

Alright, KingofPhantoms KingofPhantoms , you ready?

I'll start:
  1. How did you get into Smash Bros. in the first place?
  2. What are your overall predictions for the last two characters of Fighters Pass Vol 2?
  3. Waffles or Pancakes?
1: My cousin bought me Super Smash Bros. Melee for my Birthday a few years before I reached adolescence. At the time, I wasn't familiar with even half the IPs involved, I only really knew who Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Pikachu and Luigi were, and knew the other Mario characters to only a certain extent. I found that the game was a real blast to play, and it helped me learn about and get into many other Nintendo games that I enjoy so much now. Years later, I saw some advertisements for Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and bought the game ASAP because I knew I was gonna love it.

Melee introduced me to so much, and Brawl was the game that cemented me as a fan of the series and Nintendo in general.

2: I'm anticipating a Gen 8 Pokemon newcomer for one of them, but as for the last one, I honestly have no idea who else to expect.

3: Pancakes, easily: But to be fair, both can be fantastic when they're homemade.

1. Have you watched Lost Tapes?
2. Are you into cryptozoology?
3. If so favorite cryptid?
1: I've never seen the series before, but I'm definitely curious about watching it some time, given that it's a horror/fantasy show about cryptids and is filmed as Found Footage.

2: Totally. I love the horror genre and spooky cryptids, regardless of whether they're only myths or if there really is some truth to their stories.

3: The Flatwoods Monster. The purported appearance of the thing is unique and fascinating. and it helps that it inspired one of my favorite sequences from Majora's Mask (right down to the deisgn of the enemies in said sequence being directly based on the Monster).

Hey there

1. Favorite owl house episode?(No spoilers tho)
2. Your least favorite pastime?
3. You are tasked with creating an animated series. What’s the plot?
1: It's probably a tie between Wing it Like Witches, Something Ventured, Someone Framed and Agony of a Witch. And yeah, definitely not saying anythingz especially since I'm not sure how far into the show you are at this point. :p

2: I can't really think of a passtime I like less than any others or outright dislike...

3: I've had several ideas for animated shows over the years, but I'd probably settle on a series focusing on a group of young adults exploring and surviving a world filled with cryptids and monsters, some supernatural, and others being the result of biological experimentation.

It would follow a serialized, overarching storyline filled with mystery, and feature plenty of character development and battle scenes. What I'm not sure about is whether it would take place in an average, modern setting where there's only the unknown at first, or a semi-apocalyptic world where much of the chaos has already taken it's toll on society.

THE ZEKENATOR IS HERE!

1) Favorite film genre?

2) Favorite prehistoric animal?

3) Would you give Wesker an egg? :4pacman:
1: Horror or Fantasy Adventure. I love a lot of animated films and The Lion King is my all-time favorite, but I also enjoy a good scare from plenty of horror films.

2: If it counts, the Argentavis Magnificens or the Megalodon. I just think that the thought of gargantuan monsters of modern day species having been on the Earth at some point is scary cool.

3: I will GIVE him an egg.

1. What is the most annoying K.O. set-up in Smash Bros.?

2. If there is an exception to every rule, does there exist an exception to this one?

3. Which of these is a better end between the happiness of a group and the solution of an individual's problems if you could help one or the other, but not both?
1: Ooh, this'll be a fun one.

Usually, I find myself getting most frustrated when opponents take advantage of jab hitstun when I'm knocked down to lead right into a Smash attack, or when I get thrown off the stage and the opponent does everything in their power to exploit my character's recovery to keep me off the stage, even more so when it takes several attempts.

Also, I am not a fan of certain Throw K.Os set-upd, either.

2: Perhaps the exception is that there isn't an exception to every rule, after all? Sounds like a bit of a paradox. :p

3: I guess it would depend on how well I know the group or individual in question. Questions like that are conflicting for me.

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
1. If one day the phantoms decide to overthrow the monarchy then what would your name change to?
2.what’s your favorite genre of game? (besides platform fighter)
3. If the past participle finds a time machine and heads 10 years into the future what stage of participle will it be in?

KillerCage

Smash Master
4) Do you watch Red vs Blue and if so, what's your favorite season?

5) Favorite horror movie(s)/show(s)/game(s)?

6) Are you a Beefuru muncher? :4pacman:

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
1. What are your favorite words of advice (regardless of whether you made it up)?

2. What confection are you helpless to resist?

3. Suppose that you are guaranteed the answer to exactly one question (and after that, you may never ask another question again). What will it be?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
1. If one day the phantoms decide to overthrow the monarchy then what would your name change to?
2.what’s your favorite genre of game? (besides platform fighter)
3. If the past participle finds a time machine and heads 10 years into the future what stage of participle will it be in?
1: Revenant Phantasmic the 47th.

2: Probably Action-adventure. The Legend of Zelda is my favorite video game franchise, period, so that played a huge part in my decision.

3: It would still be the past participle because it came from the past merely traveled to a future period of time, whereas it's own, original period of time would still be the past at that point.

4) Do you watch Red vs Blue and if so, what's your favorite season?

5) Favorite horror movie(s)/show(s)/game(s)?

6) Are you a Beefuru muncher? :4pacman:
1: I've seen a few episodes, but I've yet to binge or actively follow it. It's currently in my backlog, I just want to go through Avatar: the Last Airbender first.

2: Movies: Halloween, The Shining, Alien, Jaws, Cloverfield, Paranormal Activity, Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark, Pumpkinhead and several classic monster and giant monster movies.

Shows: The Walking Dead, Channel Zero, The Twilight Zone.

Games: Amnesia: the Dark Descent, Left 4 Dead 2, and if it counts, Luigi's Mansion.

3: That's a nope.

1. What are your favorite words of advice (regardless of whether you made it up)?

2. What confection are you helpless to resist?

3. Suppose that you are guaranteed the answer to exactly one question (and after that, you may never ask another question again). What will it be?
1: "Ah, yes, the past can hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it, or learn from it."

~Rafiki, the Lion King, 1994

2: Cale or frosted donuts. Especially if they're chocolate flavored.

3: The most ideal solution to most of the world's current problems and conflicts. I'd probably at least take comfort in knowing how it can be done.

KillerCage

Smash Master
7) Do you watch Death Battle and if so, what are your favorite episodes?

8) Favorite mineral?

9) Are you Speed Racer's brother Rex Racer? :4pacman:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
7) Do you watch Death Battle and if so, what are your favorite episodes?

8) Favorite mineral?

9) Are you Speed Racer's brother Rex Racer? :4pacman:
1:I have seen some episodes despite not actively following the series, and my favorites are Boba Fett vs. Samus Aran and Goomba vs. Koopa.

2: I like how most varieties of quartz look.

3: Definitely not. Rex's brother has a kickass theme song, though.

KillerCage

Smash Master
10) Favorite game genre?

11) Favorite moon in our solar system excluding our own moon?

12) What would you buy from Waluigi's bridal boutique? :4pacman:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
10) Favorite game genre?

11) Favorite moon in our solar system excluding our own moon?

12) What would you buy from Waluigi's bridal boutique? :4pacman:
1: Action-adventure.

2: Titan because it's so much like a planet or dwarf planet compared to many other moons. The possibility of it harboring life like only fascinates me further.

3: Cake toppers.

KillerCage

Smash Master
13) Favorite Action-adventure game(s)?

14) Favorite Twitch streamer(s)?

15) Why are there six pedals when there are only four directions? :4pacman:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
13) Favorite Action-adventure game(s)?

14) Favorite Twitch streamer(s)?

15) Why are there six pedals when there are only four directions? :4pacman:
1: Zelda games in general, Minecraft, Skyrim.

2: ProtonJon and a handful of TF2 streamers.

3: The fifth and sixth directions are top secret.

KillerCage

Smash Master
16) Favorite type of ProtonJon stream (Fortune Cookie, Game Clearing, High Risk, etc.)?

17) Favorite Fantasy-adventure film(s)?

18) Would you kill Hayabusa with kindness... and bullets? :4pacman:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
16) Favorite type of ProtonJon stream (Fortune Cookie, Game Clearing, High Risk, etc.)?

17) Favorite Fantasy-adventure film(s)?

18) Would you kill Hayabusa with kindness... and bullets? :4pacman:
1: None in particular, really, I just enjoy watching his streams from time to time.

2: Star Wars, Harry Potter, How to Train Your Dragon, and a few standalone films in the genre.

3: Yes. After all, Heavy has yet to meet someone who can outsmart bullet.

Last edited:

KillerCage

Smash Master
19) Favorite Star Wars character(s)?

20) Favorite YouTuber(s)?

21) Does Goldman know what he's doing? :4pacman:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
19) Favorite Star Wars character(s)?

20) Favorite YouTuber(s)?

21) Does Goldman know what he's doing? :4pacman:

1: Obi-Wan, General Grievous, Ahsoka, Luke, Han, Leia, Darth Vader, Darth Maul, Emperor Palpatine, Kylo Ren, Boba Fett, Finn, and pretty much the entire lead cast of the Mandalorian.

2: Markiplier, Jacksepticeye, Chuggaaconroy.

3: He is bidding his fwendzz farewell.

KillerCage

Smash Master
22) Favorite Chuggaaconroy LP?

23) Favorite music genre?

24) Ever heard of the Metropolitan Mutant of Ark? :4pacman:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
22) Favorite Chuggaaconroy LP?

23) Favorite music genre?

24) Ever heard of the Metropolitan Mutant of Ark? :4pacman:
1: Wind Waker. Super Paper Mario, the Super Mario Galaxy games and the Pikmin games are also up there.

2: Disco, Rock, Dance, Electronic and Pop to an extent. I like a lot of classics.

3: Nope.avi

KillerCage

Smash Master
25) Favorite How To Train Your Dragon character(s)?

26) Which places in the world would you like to visit the most?

27) Would you let Agent G play his 4@(%!#& music? :4pacman:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
25) Favorite How To Train Your Dragon character(s)?

26) Which places in the world would you like to visit the most?

27) Would you let Agent G play his 4@(%!#& music? :4pacman:
1: Toothless, the Light Fury, Hiccup, Astrid, Stoick, Valka, Gobber, Cloudjumper, and Drago Bludvist.

2: The UK and Africia. Besides being interested in the culture and history, there's also seveal landmarks I'd like to see in the former, and the wildlife of the latter is just fascinating to me, I'd love to see it firsthand.

3: Not if it means having to suffer like G did?

KillerCage

Smash Master
Final set of questions:

28) Are you planning to watch this year's TRG Colosseum?

29) Do you watch The Runaway Guys?

30) WHAT KILLED THE ICE AGE? :4pacman:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Final set of questions:

28) Are you planning to watch this year's TRG Colosseum?

29) Do you watch The Runaway Guys?

30) WHAT KILLED THE ICE AGE? :4pacman:
1: I haven't watched their Colosseum before, but now I'm curious.

2: Despite the above, I do watch their YouTube channel. New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Castle Crashers and Kirby's Return to Dreamland are my favorites of their collaborations.

3: Scrat and his damn acorn.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom