• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Weekly AMA: Janx_uwu (ROUND2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

Janx_uwu

This AMA's subject is no use! Janx_uwu!

Now this ain't Janx_uwu's first AMA here as they were a subject a couple times before. I'd strongly recommend checking out Janx's initial AMA from last year just so we don't get a majority of repeat questions. However a good amount of time has passed from them and some answers may have changed, so at the same time, I wouldn'tcompletely discourage repeats either.

As always, all site rules are in effect. Please try and limit yourself to one post containing up to three questions until Janx_uwu has answered, then you may ask more. And when asking questions, please keep it civil. Have fun! If you're curious about if you're on the list of future AMAs, refer to the Weekly AMA Directory. If you're not and you'd like to be added, please send me a message. Even if you've been a subject in the past, you're free to go again! We'll try to draw one name for an AMA each week, so stay tuned! And if you wanna check out some of the older AMAs, please refer to the Prior AMAs section in the AMA Directory

Alright, Janx_uwu Janx_uwu , you ready?

I'll start:
  1. On a scale of 1-10, how satisfied are you with Ultimate's set of Newcomers
  2. What's it like being a part of the Smashboards Writing Team?
  3. Do you intend to pick up Pokemon Scarlet/Violet eventually?

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
However a good amount of time has passed from them and some answers may have changed, so at the same time, I wouldn't completely discourage repeats either.
Yeah guys feel free to lol, looking back I definitely don't think the same things on a lot of them anymore.

1. On a scale of 1-10, how satisfied are you with Ultimate's set of Newcomers
  2. What's it like being a part of the Smashboards Writing Team?
  3. Do you intend to pick up Pokemon Scarlet/Violet eventually?
1. That's a tough one. I got caught up in the hype cycle all the way through, so if you asked me after base game or Terry, I would've given an 8 or even a nine. But after carefully reconsidering all of the newcomers, now that I've been a part of the site for long time and gotten to know some differentiating opinions on the matter, and also after having bought Byleth against my will...like a 6 I would say. A bit above average. Steve and Seph are the only ones I have any kind of personal attachment to (and Sora I guess - my uncle's a huge KH fan), about half of them I find really annoying to fight (though on the flipside, the other half are easily some of the best designed fighters in Smash period), and some even upset me initially (Incineroar disconfirmed the Grinch leak, Plant rubbed that fact in my face right after, and I thought Eggman was absolutely gonna be revealed at Pythra's direct). I think most of them at least look really cool and fit fantastically into the game's artstyle. And a majority of the picks do try their best at trying to live up to the name "Ultimate" which I respect a lot.

TL;DR I give it a high 6

2. Really, really cool! I was very excited to become part of it in December of last year, though my first article's first draft had over 130 edits on it. Man, I felt terrible. Luckily I was able to clean it up with the incredible help of Sari Sari and it was super well received. I'd love to do more Setting The Stage pieces in the future. I'd also like to do some longform articles at some point if I can, as that's what I'm learning right now in my journalism class at school. I haven't been able to write as much recently due to life stuff and lack of writing motivation, but I'm hoping I can make a rebound and become an invaluable member of our team. Also, if you guys have any ideas for stuff I could cover, please let me know!!

3. Probably not. Still have Sonic Frontiers and Mario + Rabbids 2 to buy, and I still don't have a paying job. Plus, I wouldn't go as far to say I'm not a Pokemon fan, but I just haven't played many of the games - B&W when I was really little, and Sun&Moon when I was in middle school. I tried replaying the former recently by using, uh...VERY LEGAL MEANS...but I think the RPG games just aren't for me, something I didn't realize as a kid. I do, however, adore the characters and world and artstyle, so maybe if this ends up getting a good amount of praise like Arceus: Legends did...maybe I'll pick it up one day???

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
  1. What prehistoric creature would you have as a mount to ride or as a pet? (Can either be from Palaeozoic, Mesozoic, or Cenozoic)
  2. If you had to give Planet Nine a name, what would you call it? (Has to be Greek or Roman since the 8 planets are named after them)
  3. Would you live in an alternate universe where mythical creatures, folklore monsters and cryptids are real and exist alongside us humans?

Linkmain-maybe

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1042-6735-2236
1. Favorite Sonic mania character?
2. Favorite creation thread?
3. Currently writing anything for SmashBoards?

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
  1. What prehistoric creature would you have as a mount to ride or as a pet? (Can either be from Palaeozoic, Mesozoic, or Cenozoic)
  2. If you had to give Planet Nine a name, what would you call it? (Has to be Greek or Roman since the 8 planets are named after them)
  3. Would you live in an alternate universe where mythical creatures, folklore monsters and cryptids are real and exist alongside us humans?
1. Carbonemys Cofrinii. He's a big ol' turtle and I love him.
2. Minerva, since Planet Nine apparently was ejected from Jupiter from some point, which lines up with what happened at Minerva's birth in Greek legend. (technically Athena too, but idk if we wanna give it the title of "goddess of beauty" if we haven't even seen it yet)
3. It's enough to live in the same universe as spiders so no thanks lol
  1. Top three Sonic games?
  2. What do you think about Silver’s portrayal in the Sonic IDW comics?
  3. Favorite song from the Donkey Kong Country cartoon?
1. Not counting fangames, they would be (from "least" favorite to favorite) Generations, Winter Olympics (Wii or DS, both are equally fantastic) and Black Knight. Counting fangames, though? SRB2, P-06, Black Knight.
2. I'm still a bit behind - finishing up Metal Virus at the moment - so I'm still not sure of what I think about Evan Stanley's take on the character (as up until the end of that arc, the head writer is Ian Flynn I'm pretty sure). But as for Ian's Silver approach, I love it! Really balances out the gullibleness of him with his absolutely insane power level and his approachable demeanor. Plus, he brought back Super Silver!!!!!! I mean, if I had one complaint, it's how Silver's powers are visually portrayed. I'd prefer something that looks high-tech and stylish as opposed to the wispy green stuff he got. But that's a minor thing, and understandable considering it's a difficult power to make look cool through 2D art. I'm also hoping that he gets together with Whisper at some point if SEGA doesn't get all particular with relationships in the comics like they did to Archie. I'd rather there not be a romantic development between Silver and Blaze, though - for one, I can't see them as anything more than friends (despite a lot of quality fanart of them out there depicting such), and for two, Sonaze rules.
3. I still need to listen to them all at some point! Ask me again another time.
1. Favorite Sonic mania character?
2. Favorite creation thread?
3. Currently writing anything for SmashBoards?
1. In terms of animation, Mighty is my favorite for sure. I've never seen a character encapsulated so perfectly through sprite art. You really get the feeling that as proud as he is of himself, he cares for his friends more than anything else, and will always do his best to protect them. Pretty good for a guy who started out as a Sonic recolor. But as far as gameplay goes, I have to say Sonic. I mean, you can't beat the Drop Dash. It's so perfect. And Super Sonic looks the best he ever has!!
2. Super Mario Smash Bros, without a doubt.
3. Hopefully soon!

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
1. Favorite nintendo franchise?
2. Do you like joke characters in fighting games?
3. Favorite Non-Sonic SEGA franchise?
1. Probably WarioWare or Smash. Donkey Kong Country, Wario Land, and Excitebike are all on my list for Nintendo series to fully dive into, though.
2. Yes and no. I'm fine with joke characters as long as they have a fighting chance in terms of competitive play - if you make a character like Dan Hibiki or MvC Roll, yes you'll make a funny joke, but you're also giving fans a character they might want to play as really often. If a joke character is just given an utterly useless moveset for the funnies, I'm not cool with it.
3. Haven't played a lot of non-SEGA stuff, but Monkey Ball for sure. Ristar and Streets of Rage are also very nostalgic for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom