However a good amount of time has passed from them and some answers may have changed, so at the same time, I wouldn't completely discourage repeats either.
Yeah guys feel free to lol, looking back I definitely don't think the same things on a lot of them anymore.
- On a scale of 1-10, how satisfied are you with Ultimate's set of Newcomers
- What's it like being a part of the Smashboards Writing Team?
- Do you intend to pick up Pokemon Scarlet/Violet eventually?
1. That's a tough one. I got caught up in the hype cycle all the way through, so if you asked me after base game or Terry, I would've given an 8 or even a nine. But after carefully reconsidering all of the newcomers, now that I've been a part of the site for long time and gotten to know some differentiating opinions on the matter, and also after having bought Byleth against my will...like a 6 I would say. A bit above average. Steve and Seph are the only ones I have any kind of personal attachment to (and Sora I guess - my uncle's a huge KH fan), about half of them I find really annoying to fight (though on the flipside, the other half are easily some of the best designed fighters in Smash period), and some even upset me initially (Incineroar disconfirmed the Grinch leak, Plant rubbed that fact in my face right after, and I thought Eggman was absolutely gonna be revealed at Pythra's direct). I think most of them at least look really cool and fit fantastically into the game's artstyle. And a majority of the picks do try their best at trying to live up to the name "Ultimate" which I respect a lot.
TL;DR I give it a high 6
2. Really, really cool! I was very excited to become part of it in December of last year, though my first article's first draft had over 130 edits on it. Man, I felt terrible. Luckily I was able to clean it up with the incredible help of
and it was super well received. I'd love to do more Setting The Stage pieces in the future. I'd also like to do some longform articles at some point if I can, as that's what I'm learning right now in my journalism class at school. I haven't been able to write as much recently due to life stuff and lack of writing motivation, but I'm hoping I can make a rebound and become an invaluable member of our team. Also, if you guys have any ideas for stuff I could cover, please let me know!!
3. Probably not. Still have Sonic Frontiers and Mario + Rabbids 2 to buy, and I still don't have a paying job. Plus, I wouldn't go as far to say I'm not
a Pokemon fan, but I just haven't played many of the games - B&W when I was really little, and Sun&Moon when I was in middle school. I tried replaying the former recently by using, uh...VERY LEGAL MEANS
...but I think the RPG games just aren't for me, something I didn't realize as a kid. I do, however, adore the characters and world and artstyle, so maybe if this ends up getting a good amount of praise like Arceus: Legends did...maybe I'll pick it up one day???