• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Weekly AMA: Hat N' Clogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
1617940555318.png

Hat N' Clogs

This AMA's subject may have a tail or two to tell, Hat N' Clogs!

Now this ain't Hat N' Clogs' first AMA here as they were a subject in the past. I'd strongly recommend checking out Hat N' Clogs' initial AMA from over a year ago just so we don't get a majority of repeat questions. However a good amount of time has passed and some answers may have changed, so at the same time, I wouldn't completely discourage repeats either.

As always, all site rules are in effect. Please try and limit yourself to one post containing up to three questions until Hat N' Clogs has answered, then you may ask more. And when asking questions, please keep it civil. Have fun! If you're curious about if you're on the list of future AMAs, refer to this post over in the Social thread. If you're not and you'd like to be added, please send me a message. Even if you've been a subject in the past, you're free to go again! We'll try to draw one name for an AMA each week, so stay tuned! And if you wanna check out some of the older AMAs, please refer to this post in the Social Thread

Alright, Hat N' Clogs Hat N' Clogs you ready?

I'll start:
  1. How did you get into Smash Bros. in the first place?
  2. Hats or clogs?
  3. Waffles or Pancakes?

Last edited:

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
1. What is the most annoying type of K. O. in Smash... I asked that question so many times... What is the most annoying type K.O. set-up in Smash Bros.?

2. What do you think of the traditional concept of a tier list?

3. You plummeted into a well with a cat, a pair of scissors, a golf club, and a pecan pie. How would you get out?

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
1. If two chicken’s walked into a bar did the chicken’s cross the road to do so? Or did they just use a cab?
2. Let’s focus in on the hat part of your name what’s your favorite type of hat?
3. If you changed the song lyrics to “these clogs were made for clunkin” would Nancy Sinatra sue?

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Wassup?

1. Favorite Total Drama season?
2. If you could live in a video game world, which would you pick?
3. You are tasked with creating an animated series. What’s the plot?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
1. If stuck in a war, who would you pick to be your ride and die partner?
2. Have you ever seen that Starbomb parody about Tails?
3. Hail Hydra?

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870

Alright, Hat N' Clogs Hat N' Clogs you ready?

I'll start:
  1. How did you get into Smash Bros. in the first place?
  2. Hats or clogs?
  3. Waffles or Pancakes?
I played it at a friend's house when I was 10 years old. Melee, that is. And, I fell in love with it instantly. All of my favorite Nintendo characters like Mario, Pikachu, and Bowser duking it out was incredible to me. There was nothing like it. I still love the franchise to this day, even with its lows. Right now, my favorite game in the series is Project+ because it's got very strong competitive depth just like Melee, has good character balance like Ultimate, and has all the juicy single player modes from Brawl. It's the best of all worlds and probably my favorite video game ever.

I'd go with hats, if I had to pick one.

Pancakes. Easy to eat.

1. What is the most annoying type of K. O. in Smash... I asked that question so many times... What is the most annoying type K.O. set-up in Smash Bros.?

2. What do you think of the traditional concept of a tier list?

3. You plummeted into a well with a cat, a pair of scissors, a golf club, and a pecan pie. How would you get out?
In all of Smash bros? Using any of Brawl Meta Knight's aerials or specials. Either that or Brawl Icies grab chain.

I live for tier lists much of the time and love them. They help you understand the game's meta at top level and see who the pros are using in tournament. Even at mid and low levels of play, they're still fun to study because you get to see characters pushed to their max potential and how things look for them in the end. I make a tier list every other day about SOMETHING. This also applies to life, like a tier list on restaurants, a tier list on sports teams, etc.

Oh my, what a pickle lol. First, I would wack the side of the well with the golf club to see if a rock gives way. If the rocks at the bottom of the well give way, that's all the more likely that water from the underground flows into the well. Thus, we rise in level with the water and can float up to the top, making it easier to climb out. Once it gets high enough, I use the scissors as some kind of leverage for climbing out the remaining height of the well. If it takes longer, I eat the pie for energy. The cat is something I'm not sure I'd use in this plan, but said kitty would become my pet. That's all I know about the cat.

1. If two chicken’s walked into a bar did the chicken’s cross the road to do so? Or did they just use a cab?
2. Let’s focus in on the hat part of your name what’s your favorite type of hat?
3. If you changed the song lyrics to “these clogs were made for clunkin” would Nancy Sinatra sue?
Crossing the road.

I have this favorite baseball cap of mine with the Boston Red Sox logo on it. I've worn it everywhere. I've worn it in pools, during working outside, during vacations, and during all kinds of weather.

No, because I would just butter her up to the point where she wouldn't be mad at me anymore, and thus not sue. :p

Wassup?

1. Favorite Total Drama season?
2. If you could live in a video game world, which would you pick?
3. You are tasked with creating an animated series. What’s the plot?
The sky. The sky is up.

The original! I'm going through a bunch of seasons with friends right now, and season 1/Island is my favorite. Season 3 gets CLOSE because of Heather's redemption arc by going from villain to hero (<3) but the whole love triangle mess really put season 3 behind. If the love triangle b-plot didn't exist, season 3 would've beaten out season 1.

Edit: I almost forgot to mention that I've re-watched the Total Drama seasons a LOT of times. This franchise is one I grew up with, and it's perfect for me since I also loved watching Survivor as a kid, and it was like "oh yeah, a cartoon parody of Survivor, noice."

Any video game world? Smash Bros, probably. Either that, or Undertale post-pacifist timeline.

The animated series would be based on one of the fanfictions I've written in the past. It would basically be a sequel to the post-pacifist timeline of Undertale, in which Frisk and Dr. Alphys use Frisk's soul energy to implant into Asriel's flowey body, and doing such gives Asriel his real body back. From there, Asriel reunites with his parents and they live on the surface in peace... until an opponent of Frisk's ambassador career arises and starts causing havoc in the town of Ebott. Frisk and Asriel will then have to figure out what to do, and to save the town from the crime and said criminal running amock.

1. If stuck in a war, who would you pick to be your ride and die partner?
2. Have you ever seen that Starbomb parody about Tails?
3. Hail Hydra?
Chuck Norris. EZ money.

Starbomb... I've never heard of them, so no.

No, hail the Avengers, especially Iron Man/Tony Stark. :p

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
1. Have you seen Godzilla vs. Kong?
2. If you were given the choice to get to see a prehistoric safari, what era would you rather see? Dinosaurs or Ice Age?
3. What shows did you grow up with?

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
1. Have you seen Godzilla vs. Kong?
2. If you were given the choice to get to see a prehistoric safari, what era would you rather see? Dinosaurs or Ice Age?
3. What shows did you grow up with?
Nope

Dinosaurs.

A few. Tom and Jerry and the older Scooby Doo cartoons come to mind when I was a kid. Loony Tunes as well. As a teen, Pokemon and Naruto were key shows I watched all the time. There were other anime I enjoyed as well, and game shows were always fun.

KillerCage

Smash Master
1) Favorite Sonic character that isn't Tails?

2) Favorite prehistoric animal?

3) Will you give Wesker an egg? :4pacman:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
1) Favorite Sonic character that isn't Tails?

2) Favorite prehistoric animal?

3) Will you give Wesker an egg? :4pacman:
Dr. Eggman. He's an easy #2 for me. He's probably my favorite goofy villain I can think of.

T-rex. Typical pick but ah well.

I'm not entirely sure who Wesker is.

KillerCage

Smash Master
4) Favorite game genre?

5) Favorite mineral?

6) Are you a Beefuru muncher? :4pacman:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
4) Favorite game genre?

5) Favorite mineral?

6) Are you a Beefuru muncher? :4pacman:
Anything involved with beating someone up. So, fighting games. I love Smash Bros, but I also have been on a street fighter kick from time to time. Fun series, but I typically don't dedicate myself to it long term.

Quartz

Idk what that is either lol... wait, lemme guess. I'm assuming by "beefuru", you're actually saying "beef." Which in that case, yes. Cheeseburgers are great, because it's beef.

KillerCage

Smash Master
7) Favorite Street Fighter character(s) excluding Ryu, Ken, and Chun Li?

8) Favorite YouTuber(s)?

9) Are you Speed Racer's brother Rex Racer? :4pacman:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
KillerCage KillerCage
Thankfully this one is easy since none of those 3 are my favorite Street Fighter character. My favorite is none other than... DAN HIBIKI! <3 (Although I also like Cammy, Akuma, and Nash)

Markiplier, probably. He's probably my top favorite. A close second is The Hockey Guy, who makes hockey game reviews and hockey team analysis videos.

And no.

KillerCage

Smash Master
10) Favorite fighting game series outside of Smash and Street Fighter?

11) Favorite Twitch streamer(s)?

12) Would you kill Hayabusa with kindness... and bullets? :4pacman:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I liked playing the first two Mortal Kombats with friends at the arcade every so often.

Gotta be Mew2King, easily. I've been an M2K fan since I first discovered competitive Smash.

Cut the bullets out of it if anything. I lack guns as weapons. I'd be more of an archery weaponry kind of guy :p

KillerCage

Smash Master
13) Favorite gaming genre excluding fighting games?

14) Favorite moon in our solar system excluding our own moon?

15) Why are six pedals where there are only four directions? :4pacman:

KillerCage

Smash Master
16) Favorite platformer(s)?

17) Favorite film genre?

18) Have you heard of the Metropolitan Mutant of Ark? :4pacman:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
16) Favorite platformer(s)?

17) Favorite film genre?

18) Have you heard of the Metropolitan Mutant of Ark? :4pacman:
Probably Sonic Mania Plus. I also love most Mario games.

I don't a favorite movie genre. I just like anything interesting to me and also works well cinematically.

No

KillerCage

Smash Master
19) Favorite film(s)?

20) Favorite Mario game(s)?

21) Would you duel Wario for one coin? :4pacman:

KillerCage

Smash Master
22) Favorite music genre?

23) Which places in the world would you like to visit the most?

24) What would you buy from Waluigi's bridal boutique? :4pacman:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
22) Favorite music genre?

23) Which places in the world would you like to visit the most?

24) What would you buy from Waluigi's bridal boutique? :4pacman:
Jazz and alternative rock are my top 2. They're tied.

I've never been to Canada. I'd love to see the hockey hall of fame in Toronto. Visiting Australia and Italy would also be awesome.

Bow ties, because bow ties are cool.

KillerCage

Smash Master
25) Favorite songs?

26) Favorite Doctor Who?

27) Will you let Agent G play his %@(4!#& music? :4pacman:

KillerCage

Smash Master
Final set of questions:

28) Favorite video game ost(s)?

29) Favorite cartoon(s)/anime?

30) WHAT KILLED THE ICE AGE? :4pacman:

Omar_25

Smash Superstar
1: Favorite instrument?

2: Fruit Tier List?

3: How do you feel about the social implications of genetically modified aardvarks with intellect on par with humans integrating into modern society?

4: Top 5 music albums?

KillerCage

Smash Master

3: How do you feel about the social implications of genetically modified aardvarks with intellect on par with humans integrating into modern society?

Please cut out one of your questions.
You are only allowed to ask three questions at a time.
You have to wait until Hat N' Clogs Hat N' Clogs answer those questions before you can ask more.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Final set of questions:

28) Favorite video game ost(s)?

29) Favorite cartoon(s)/anime?

30) WHAT KILLED THE ICE AGE? :4pacman:
Most of the Sonic OSTs. I particularly love 3&K, CD, Adventure 1, Adventure 2, Unleashed, the Advance Trilogy, Rush 1, Colors, and Mania Plus.

My favorite anime is Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, which is ALSO my favorite show of all time. I also enjoy Death Note, the first three seasons of Total Drama, and Avatar the Last Airbender. There's plenty more, but those are just a few examples.

My mom killed the ice age with her warm heart.

Please cut out one of your questions.
You are only allowed to ask three questions at a time.
You have to wait until Hat N' Clogs Hat N' Clogs answer those questions before you can ask more.
I don't know how I'd answer number 4 because I have favorite songs rather than favorite albums, so I'll only answer the first three.

1. Trumpet. Or Saxophone. Or Electric Bass. One of those 3.

S tier-
Grapes

A tier-
Strawberries
Bananas
Blueberries
Tomatoes (yes, they're a fruit, NOT a vegetable)

B tier-
Oranges
Apples

C tier-
Others I guess

3. It would be quite strange. But, in this situation, as long as they contribute to society well and ALSO that it's healthy for them, then hey, I'd be like "whatever, do it."

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
1: When did you make your first tier list for any Smash game?
2: How often do you play Smash casually compared to competitively?
3: Why is the Heavy dead?

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
1: When did you make your first tier list for any Smash game?
2: How often do you play Smash casually compared to competitively?
3: Why is the Heavy dead?
It was Brawl in 2010, back when I thought Mario was a solid mid-tier and I fawned over Marth. Yes, Marth is still a great character, but he's not top 3 great in that game.

Casually? Heh. Next to never. On P+, I even try to avoid using items in All-Star mode and just use my moves only because I just don't like using items that much anymore. I only play full-on casual with friends, and I'm only willing to play casually and use items whenever I play with friends and family. Such happens only a couple times a year.

Because Pyro's an annoying toolbag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom