• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Weekly AMA: Good Guy Giygas (REDUX)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

1600213982682.png

Good Guy Giygas

You cannot grasp the true form of this not-so-evil AMA subject, Good Guy Giygas!

Now this ain't Good Guy Giygas' first AMA here as they were a subject in the past. I'd strongly recommend checking out Good Guy Giygas' initial AMA from last year just so we don't get a majority of repeat questions. However a good amount of time has passed and some answers may have changed, so at the same time, I wouldn't completely discourage repeats either.

As always, all site rules are in effect. Please try and limit yourself to one post containing up to three questions until Good Guy Giygas has answered, then you may ask more. And when asking questions, please keep it civil. Have fun! If you're curious about if you're on the list of future AMAs, refer to this post over in the Social thread. If you're not and you'd like to be added, please send me a message. Even if you've been a subject in the past, you're free to go again! We'll try to draw one name for an AMA each week, so stay tuned! And if you wanna check out some of the older AMAs, please refer to this post in the Social Thread

Alright, Good Guy Giygas Good Guy Giygas , you ready?

I'll start:
  1. What are your overall predictions for the rest of Fighters Pass Vol 2?
  2. Best Mother party member?
  3. Cats or dogs?

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
  1. What are your overall predictions for the rest of Fighters Pass Vol 2?
  2. Best Mother party member?
  3. Cats or dogs?
  1. Honestly, I have no idea at this point haha. I've fallen a bit out of touch with speculation, and I wasn't even expecting a Vol. 2 to begin with so I feel like really anyone is kinda possible. Though if I were to guess, I'd say 3 Nintendo characters (maybe a new Pokemon? No idea who else tbh) and 3 3rd-party characters (1 Capcom, 1 Sony [Crash?], 1 Bethesda/Id [Doomguy], 1 Bandai-Namco or Koei-Tecmo). Like I said, I have literally no clue.
  2. Duster from Mother 3's probably my favorite party member out of all 3 games from a character standpoint. I always seem to have a soft spot for characters in media who are way out of their element and still go against all odds. In Duster's case, he's basically a nobody with a bad leg yet he still manages to hold his own. While other characters are using their OP PSI techniques to blow **** up, Duster's just throwing wall staples at 'em. Also, I'll never forgive Sakurai for not including Duster in Lucas's final smash or as an Assist trophy... I just wanna see him as a 3D model in Smash like the rest of the party... :cry:
  3. Dogs fo sho. No long-winded response this time.
1. Favorite game?
2. Favorite show (Anime included)?
3. Favorite movie?
  1. If my username didn't make it obvious, I am quite fond of the Mother series. I'd probably say Earthbound is my favorite, although it really is hard for me to pick an all-time favorite game; I like so many haha. If not Earthbound, probably Super Mario 64. Or... (Gonna stop myself before I start listing every game I like.)
  2. Hmmm. Tough one. Not gonna lie, I've never really sat down and thought about what my favorite show is. Regular Show is a pretty good contender though. One Piece would actually probably be #1 but I stopped watching the anime after the Marineford arc and now I just read the manga so I don't think that really counts...
  3. Lots of great movies out there, but Back to the Future is probably my favorite. I could watch it a million times and never get sick of it.
1) Favorite Indie Game?

2) Favorite Lets Players/Twitch Streamers?
3) Will you give Wesker an egg? :4pacman:
  1. Shovel Knight. STEEL THY SHOVEL!
  2. Don't watch many Let's Players/Streamers as much as I used to. I used to be really into Game Grumps, but I haven't watched them in probably a couple years now. The only person I really watch these days is Ryukahr since I really enjoy watching him play Super Mario Maker 2.

KillerCage

Smash Master
4) Favorite prehistoric animal?

5) Which moon in our solar system would you like to visit excluding our own moon?

6) Are you Rex Racer, Speed Racer's brother? :4pacman:

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
1. If you could travel to any time period, where would you go?
2. Favourite reptile?
3. So, I can't grasp your true from... right?
  1. I guess the medieval times, but only if I was just visiting. Lots of diseases lurking about so I wouldn't want to live there.
  2. Lizards.
4) Favorite prehistoric animal?

5) Which moon in our solar system would you like to visit excluding our own moon?

6) Are you Rex Racer, Speed Racer's brother? :4pacman:
  1. Stegosaurus
  2. Uh... I guess Titan haha.
  3. Why yes, yes I am.

KillerCage

Smash Master
7) Do you watch Transformers and if so, what is your favorite show/continuity (G1, Unicron Trilogy, Animated, Alligned, Bayverse (live-action)?

8) Which game series were introduced to you via Smash Bros?

9) Are you part of the Kermit Legion? :4pacman:

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
7) Do you watch Transformers and if so, what is your favorite show/continuity (G1, Unicron Trilogy, Animated, Alligned, Bayverse (live-action)?

8) Which game series were introduced to you via Smash Bros?

9) Are you part of the Kermit Legion? :4pacman:
  1. I've only seen the first 2 Bayverse movies... That's the extent of my Transformers knowledge 😬
  2. A lot actually. Growing up, the only games I had really played were Tetris, Pac-Man, Paperboy, and a few Frogger games on my GBA. My next console was the GameCube, and I got Melee with that and that game opened up my eyes to a ton of other Nintendo franchises. So I guess most notably the franchises I ended up trying due to Smash games were the Mother series, Metroid, Pikmin, Sonic the Hedgehog, Metal Gear Solid, and Mega Man.
  3. Not yet, my initiation is this Friday.

D

Deleted member

1. Most wanted character for Smash?

2. Which DLC release in Ultimate excited you the most?

3. Why do you main :ultsimon: ? Simon is quite fun.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
1. How have you been keeping busy with everything going on?

2. Has there been any form of media that you feel has had a strong influence in your life and if so, how?

3. If you had the opportunity to have all your favorite Pokémon irl with you, not to battle but just to travel around and spend time with, what kind of activities would you do with your Pokémon? Including activities you could only do with those Pokémon. (If you don’t wanna do Pokémon, any number of fictional characters would be fine.)

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
10) Favorite science topic?

11) Favorite anthropod?

12) Did you know that Waluigi owns a bridal boutique? :4pacman:
  1. Hmm, I guess either Astrology or Animal sciences.
  2. Probably scorpions.
  3. No, but it was probably the natural progression from owning a Taco Stand.
1. Most wanted character for Smash?

2. Which DLC release in Ultimate excited you the most?

3. Why do you main :ultsimon: ? Simon is quite fun.
  1. Doomguy. He's probably the only character I want who has any semblance of a chance too lol.
  2. Terry. Even though I didn't know anything really about SNK beforehand, the amount of love shown for him and his games really got me. He's definitely become my favorite DLC character in Ultimate to play as well.
  3. Well, I voted for him on the Smash ballot since I love Castlevania (His and Richter's reveal trailer was super hype for me) so I obviously wanted to try and Get Gud™ with him when the game released. He really feels like he came straight from a Castlevania game in terms of moveset and controls and I really love that about him. And I am quite good with him (at least I like to think so haha).
1. How have you been keeping busy with everything going on?

2. Has there been any form of media that you feel has had a strong influence in your life and if so, how?

3. If you had the opportunity to have all your favorite Pokémon irl with you, not to battle but just to travel around and spend time with, what kind of activities would you do with your Pokémon? Including activities you could only do with those Pokémon. (If you don’t wanna do Pokémon, any number of fictional characters would be fine.)
  1. I've been doing a lot more drawing and writing lately since I have a little more free time. Been doing some photography with my brother too. And obviously been catching up on my gaming backlog a bit haha.
  2. Definitely film. After watching Jurassic Park (which blew my mind as a kid), I decided that that's what I wanted to do: make movies. So I went to school for video production. Still haven't worked on any feature films or anything yet, but I've worked on some pretty neat smaller-scale projects.
  3. I haven't been into Pokemon as of late (I collected the cards growing up but I never played any of the games tbh), but Registeel was my favorite so I'd probably teach him to make sick beats and we could make rad electronic music together.

KillerCage

Smash Master
16) Favorite Castlevania music track?

17) How is the Castlevania Netflix series?

18) Ever heard of the printer that played At Doom's Gate :4pacman: ?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

1. Which scene in a video game, show, book, or movie was the most depressing?

2. Which scene in a video game, show, book, or movie was the most hilarious?

3. Which scene in a video game, show, book, or movie was the most heartwarming?

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
16) Favorite Castlevania music track?

17) How is the Castlevania Netflix series?

18) Ever heard of the printer that played At Doom's Gate :4pacman: ?
  1. Oof, that's a tough one; there's so many good ones. Probably "Awake" from Circle of the Moon (I was so happy when they remixed it for Ultimate. That version is such a bop too). "Vampire Killer" and "Sorrow's Distortion" are up there for me too. And really anything from Rondo of Blood is excellent.
  2. I quite liked it, the first two seasons especially. Maybe a tad too "edgy for the sake of being edgy," but still enjoyable. The 3rd season was just okay imo, it just seemed to go off the rails a bit. To be fair though, Castlevania III (the game the show's based on) is actually one of the only 2D Castlevanias I haven't played so I can't really compare it to the source.
  3. No, but I've heard it played on floppy disk drives.

1. Which scene in a video game, show, book, or movie was the most depressing?

2. Which scene in a video game, show, book, or movie was the most hilarious?

3. Which scene in a video game, show, book, or movie was the most heartwarming?
These are all extremely broad questions, and to be completely honest, I'd probably spend all night thinking about this. I have a very hard time ranking things in general, and this is like watching my entire life pass before my eyes. :laugh: Maybe I'll come back to this haha

Last edited:

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294

Anyway:

19) Favorite Doom demon?

20) Favorite Doom gun?

21) Who do you think is the Doom Slayer's best companion? :4pacman:
Man, the internet is great haha.
  1. Revenants (Especially the Doot Revenant)
  2. Can't beat the good ol' Super Shotgun
  3. The BFG, Isabelle, his rabbit Daisy

KillerCage

Smash Master
22) Best Doom game?

23) Most overrated Castlevania game?

24) Can you trust Wario with the BFG? :4pacman:

Last edited:

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
1 between big boy,bigger boy,and biggest boy where would large boy fit in?

2how do you feel about the concept of irony?

3 if an unstoppable object hits and immovable object what happens to the guy in the middle of them?

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
22) Best Doom game?

23) Most overrated Castlevania game?

24) Can you trust Wario with the BFG? :4pacman:
  1. Not sure what the best one is as I have not played all of them, but personally I think I like Doom (2016) best.
  2. Hmm, not sure tbh. Don't get me wrong, Symphony of the Night is a great game, but some people act like it's the only good Metroidvania one, but I think some of the GBA ones are just as good. So I guess that one?
  3. Yes, I think he'd be extremely responsible when wielding its power.
1 between big boy,bigger boy,and biggest boy where would large boy fit in?

2how do you feel about the concept of irony?

3 if an unstoppable object hits and immovable object what happens to the guy in the middle of them?
  1. I'd wager Large boy would go between big boy and bigger boy.
  2. I want to make an ironic comment, but nothing is coming to me. How ironic???
  3. He a pancake now.

KillerCage

Smash Master
25) Most underrated Castlevania game?

26) Favorite Shovel Knight boss from each campaign?

27) Will you let Agent G play his %@(&!^$ music? :4pacman:

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
25) Most underrated Castlevania game?

26) Favorite Shovel Knight boss from each campaign?

27) Will you let Agent G play his %@(&!^$ music? :4pacman:
  1. Circle of the Moon. I never see anyone talk about it or it's protagonist Nathan Graves. It seems to be shoved to side despite being a great game.
  2. I still haven't gotten around to playing Specter of Torment or King of Cards (I played Shovel Knight on my Wii U, which got bricked before the other DLCs came out), but Specter Knight was my favorite boss from the OG game and I remember the final boss of Plague of Shadows being pretty cool.
  3. I don't know who that is or what you're referencing unless I'm missing something haha

KillerCage

Smash Master
I don't know who that is or what you're referencing unless I'm missing something haha
I was referring to this.

Anyway final set of questions from me:

28) Favorite Pac-Man game?

29) Favorite movie EXCLUDING the Back to the Future trilogy?

30) Have you heard of the Metropolitan Mutant of Ark? :4pacman:

Last edited:

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
I was referring to this.

Anyway final set of questions from me:

28) Favorite Pac-Man game?

29) Favorite movie EXCLUDING the Back to the Future trilogy?

30) Have you heard of the Metropolitan Mutant of Ark? :4pacman:
Ahh, I see.
  1. The Pac-Man Collection for GBA. It was one of the first games I had growing up so I guess I have a soft spot for it.
  2. Jurassic Park
  3. I have no idea what that is haha
And thanks for all the questions btw; they've kept me entertained.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom