• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Weekly AMA: FazDude

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
475762.png

FazDude

This AMA's subject is the runner of the SB creates All-Star Strife thread, and just one blocky boi, FazDude!

As always, all site rules are in effect. Please try and limit yourself to one post containing up to three questions until FazDude has answered, then you may ask more. And when asking questions, please keep it civil. Have fun! If you're curious about if you're on the list of future AMAs, refer to the Weekly AMA Directory. If you're not and you'd like to be added, please send me a message. Even if you've been a subject in the past, you're free to go again! We'll try to draw one name for an AMA each week, so stay tuned! And if you wanna check out some of the older AMAs, please refer to the Prior AMAs section in the AMA Directory

Alrighty, @FazDude, let us begin!

I'll start:

1. On a scale of 1-10, how satisfied are you with Ultimate's set of newcomers?
  2. What's the best Steve alt in Ultimate?
  3. Waffles or Pancakes?

FazDude

Smash Master
Mornin, everyone - Let's get this party started.

1. On a scale of 1-10, how satisfied are you with Ultimate's set of newcomers?
  2. What's the best Steve alt in Ultimate?
  3. Waffles or Pancakes?
  1. On a personal level, I'm gonna have to be honest here and give it a ten. Granted, this was the first Smash where I was around for the entire hype train, but they added so much of what I would have wanted if I was following Sm4sh; Inkling (even if they were a "no duh" pick), K. Rool, Banjo, and of course, my main man Steve. There is only one newcomer I still am kinda disappointed with, and that's the Aegis (and even then, that's mainly because I thought Rex would have made more sense).
  2. It's a really boring answer, but I'm gonna say the default one. I am so happy they gave him his bearded appearance. Zombie comes a close second. (Also, on the topic of Steve alts, the lack of Tuxedo Steve is one of two complaints I have with Steve as a whole.)
  3. Pancakes all the way.
1. Why do you like Annalynn so much?
2. Favorite Nintendo franchise?
3. Favorite SEGA franchise?
  1. I do find myself playing up my fondness of Annalynn for "comedy", but it is genuinely a solid game. It does relatively little in the grand scheme of things, but it genuinely had a lasting impact on me for how well it did what it set out to do. I really dig the character designs, and all the little touches made to make the game feel more like a long-lost Namco title really bring the whole thing together. It's totally not my favorite game, but I've spent five dollars on worse things. I totally recommend checking it out.
  2. This is a tough one, but I'm gonna go ahead and say the Wario Land series. It has yet to disappoint me, and while I do prefer the general gameplay of the Mario platforms, the personality of WL is more than enough to make me prefer it just a bit more. Runners-up include the DKC games, Super Mario, and Smash.
  3. Sonic, no questions asked. Puyo Puyo comes second, but that's only because those are the only two franchises I have had notable experience with.

FazDude

Smash Master
4. Favorite Microsoft franchises? (One from Microsoft/Rare/Mojang, one from Bethesda and one from Activision Blizzard)
5. Favorite Sony franchise?
6. Least wanted character(s) for Smash?
4. Minecraft, DOOM, and Crash Bandicoot.
5. I have little to no experience with Sony's lineup of franchises. LittleBigPlanet looks cool, though.
6. I don't really have any "least wanteds"; There's a lot of characters who I wouldn't care for, but not many I'd be actively against. I guess my least wanteds would be fourth parties, as lame of an answer as it is. (EDIT: Okay, I guess a least wanted who's actually a game character would be the Angry Birds Movie version of Red - I'd still be happy to get Angry Birds content, but I would be so disappointed that it wasn't the game version.)

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
  1. Not really familiar with any of Konami's franchises, unfortunately - I guess Castlevania, since I've had a decent enough time with the original NES game and Super Castlevania IV.
  2. Street Fighter.
  3. It totally would be neat to see, but seeing as we have Fraymakers on the horizon, I'm willing to bet good money people will just mod the All-Star Strife cast into that at some point.

FazDude

Smash Master
10. Favorite SNK Franchise?
11. Least favorite game?
12. Favorite gaming villain?
10. Not super familiar with SNK; I've only played Fatal Fury Special and one of the KOFs. That said, I think I prefer the former; While I kinda struggle with the whole lane system, I appreciate its worldbuilding and cast of characters. (I will also use this opportunity to say that one in-game bio for Terry states that he likes trolling. Make of that what you will.)

11. I don't know about my least favorite game of all time, but my least favorite game in recent memory is Bouncy Bob for the Switch. I paid one cent for it on the eShop and I still feel ripped off. I hated the controls, I found the artstyle pretty bland, and I could only stand to play it for five minutes tops. Stay away from it.

12. I tend to lean towards Bowser the most; He's given so much personality in the M&L games that it's kinda hard not to love the guy. Runners-up include Dr. Eggman, Sephiroth, and Queen from Deltarune.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom